Ivf September/october

[QUOTE=mybaby2b]Mslassitar- hi! wishing you a merry christmas! sounds like things are going well with you & baby!
all well here!

lyn nyc[/QUOTE]

3?? Am I reading correctly? Wow! How are you feeling?

Mybaby2b- Congrats on the triplets!!!

Blondie- I hope #3 is the one for you!!!

I hope everyone else is doing well. I haven’t been getting any notices either?? But I see there’s been a lot of action going on lately!

hi!

[quote=JnJ’sJourney]Mybaby2b- Congrats on the triplets!!!

Blondie- I hope #3 is the one for you!!!

I hope everyone else is doing well. I haven’t been getting any notices either?? But I see there’s been a lot of action going on lately![/quote]

hi ladies i hope all is well! i see everyone is doing well!

I was preparing for twins now it is triplets!!! it hasnt set in yet exciting & nervous at the same time, i have to see high risk (due to triplets a well as my age )obgyn as well in few weeks to go over testing etc. just feeling tired & nausea not getting sick though. I am not complaining ha ha!

wishing you all baby dust & a happy & healthy pregnacy!!

take care lyn

Congrats baby2be! It takes a bit for 3 to sink in :slight_smile: I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Blondie, I have to respectfully disagree with Lisa :slight_smile: (I’m sure you won’t mind, Lisa…haha!) that’s with the staying optimistic - I think it helps you not go crazy, I agree there, but I don’t think it has any bearing on your cycle. This cycle was my most negative. I literally told my DH before ER I was over it and wanted to move on because I responded so poorly…but it still worked out! Just had to add my 2 cents. LOL

hi!

[quote=Ann0327]Congrats baby2be! It takes a bit for 3 to sink in :slight_smile: I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Blondie, I have to respectfully disagree with Lisa :slight_smile: (I’m sure you won’t mind, Lisa…haha!) that’s with the staying optimistic - I think it helps you not go crazy, I agree there, but I don’t think it has any bearing on your cycle. This cycle was my most negative. I literally told my DH before ER I was over it and wanted to move on because I responded so poorly…but it still worked out! Just had to add my 2 cents. LOL[/quote]

Ladies hope all is well wishing you all baby dust & happy 7 healthy pregnacy!!

Ann0327- hi i hope all is well. im 9 weeks today its starting to set in pregnant with triplets i was preparing for twins & now triplets!! im delighted & thankful to be pregnant im in bit of shocked 3 babies would stick RE shocked as well i guess do to my age etc?
i have been reading barbara luke book twins triplets quads which is informative & intresting as well.
when you do ivf you have to be prepared for multiples!! I am meeting with high risk jan 23rd go over testing etc i just want the babies to be healthy. we havnt told anyone yet about the pregnacy we want to wait until 2nd trimester. its tough!

if you dont mind sharing (you can pm meif like )which tests did you have done? did your doctor talk to you about selective reduction? i hope i dont have to decide to do that it would break my heart how are you feeling?

thanks lyn

Hey Lyn, Honestly my clinic never once even mentioned the word reduction. All they ever said was, you can do this! So I never had to explain to them I wouldn’t do that, and I appreciated that. Also, they told me they couldn’t do any of the typical 1st trimester testing with multiples - I was with my fertility clinic through week 13. Then I started seeing my high risk Dr who I was told isn’t big on pushing testing. I asked them what testing I would have and they said just the strep test and the glucose test. So as of today I haven’t had any testing - but for me, that’s what I would prefer. So I guess I’m not much help! :slight_smile: Feel free to keep in contact if you have any other questions.

I feel really good! My belly is growing like crazy! Now up to 37 inches around my belly! All nausea is gone and I’ve never had the fatigue/exhaustion many women get - I get insomnia instead! I think my body is like what is up with all these hormones?!?!

How are you feeling? What testing were you offered?

MSLassier - Sorry for such a delayed response.

I rented the doppler upon the recommendation of my a[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]cupuncturist. [/FONT][/SIZE] He said his wife used one and found it to be a great comfort. It’s been the same experience for me, when I’m having strange pains, or feeling especially nervous, I just pull out that doppler and listen to her heart beat for a while. It’s also a nice way for both my husband and I to connect with her, especially now when I can’t consistently feel her move or anything.

But I digress … I rented mine from BabyBeat.com. They shipped fast and it’s so easy to use. The only thing I would have done differently is ordered more of the US gel. The ran through the little tube it comes with in about 2 weeks! (I listen ALOT though :slight_smile: )

I ended up going with the digital display model because I was nervous that I wouldn’t be able to calculate her heart rate on my own. But now, I find it’s very easy to do. Still, the display is nice.

They have rentals starting at about $30 a month but if you buy a pkg (say, 3 months or 6 months) the price goes down.

You can also record the heartbeat on the device and send the files to your computer. Fun!

Anyway, hope this helps and that everyone is doing well! I have an apt tomorrow. (hopefully we will be able to confirm gender) I’ve been having awful headaches for the past week or so … not sure what it’s about but I’m hoping to get some help with that issue as well.

Please keep in touch. And ladies TTC this year, I am thinking of you all the time and :pray: for your BFP.

Oh - and something silly / fun … my growing belly!

How did you do that!?

My 4 month belly in a tinge bigger…

SO tiny still!! But I think that’s pretty normal at this point for a first baby. My 4 month bump is huge comparatively :slight_smile: …which of course is to be expected!

Oh you’re kind but as you can see, she’s coming out my back side! I have a Kim K but now! (it’s wasn’t small to begin with but … :))

Every time I eat, I double in size!

So how are your babies? Are they active? Do you feel them moving?

[quote=Coffeegal1]Oh you’re kind but as you can see, she’s coming out my back side! I have a Kim K but now! (it’s wasn’t small to begin with but … :))

Every time I eat, I double in size!

So how are your babies? Are they active? Do you feel them moving?[/quote]
You are too funny! Well, hey, shake that money maker!! :slight_smile:

Doing well! I just had an ultrasound/checkup yesterday. All the babies looked good. We are back to thinking it’s 2 boys and 1 girl! They had us thinking last time the one we thought was a girl had “switched teams” and grew a wormie! haha! But the tech thinks the other tech (we had 2 different ones) just labeled the wrong baby and then the 3rd one was hiding - which we assumed by the letter she gave it, was a boy from before - but that was the girl hiding! Well I shouldn’t say “wrong” - baby A and baby B are right beside each other, so whoever’s head is lower when I go gets dubbed baby A. So confusing. I get the full anatomy scan appointment on 2/2 so I’ll feel better after that one, but I’m pretty sure she was right this time. We saw what she was looking at and I would have thought 2 boys and a girl also.

I had my cervical length measured and the Dr wanted me at 3.5 (longer is better) and I was at a 4.7 - so that was great! I’m up 14lbs and one big ole bump :slight_smile: I have thought I felt a tiny kick here or there like 3 or so times, but nothing for sure or strong just yet. Still feel the whole baby slither like if they flip or come to the surface of my belly…but not so much the kicks yet.

How about you, feeling moves yet?

[QUOTE=Coffeegal1]Oh - and something silly / fun … my growing belly![/QUOTE]

Cute pic! How did you do it like that?

Thank you for the information, Coffee. I will check them out! Good luck at your appointment tomorrow! Keep us posted.

Your pic is great. You look like I did maybe a week to ten days ago. This week IT WAS ON! All of a sudden I cannot quit eating - and POP my belly has doubled in size in a matter of 3 or 4 days. It’s kind of nice. Instead of just feeling / looking chunky, I feel like I’m actually looking pregnant. :slight_smile: Thanks again for sharing!

[quote=Coffeegal1]MSLassier - Sorry for such a delayed response.

I rented the doppler upon the recommendation of my a[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]cupuncturist. [/FONT][/SIZE] He said his wife used one and found it to be a great comfort. It’s been the same experience for me, when I’m having strange pains, or feeling especially nervous, I just pull out that doppler and listen to her heart beat for a while. It’s also a nice way for both my husband and I to connect with her, especially now when I can’t consistently feel her move or anything.

But I digress … I rented mine from BabyBeat.com. They shipped fast and it’s so easy to use. The only thing I would have done differently is ordered more of the US gel. The ran through the little tube it comes with in about 2 weeks! (I listen ALOT though :slight_smile: )

I ended up going with the digital display model because I was nervous that I wouldn’t be able to calculate her heart rate on my own. But now, I find it’s very easy to do. Still, the display is nice.

They have rentals starting at about $30 a month but if you buy a pkg (say, 3 months or 6 months) the price goes down.

You can also record the heartbeat on the device and send the files to your computer. Fun!

Anyway, hope this helps and that everyone is doing well! I have an apt tomorrow. (hopefully we will be able to confirm gender) I’ve been having awful headaches for the past week or so … not sure what it’s about but I’m hoping to get some help with that issue as well.

Please keep in touch. And ladies TTC this year, I am thinking of you all the time and :pray: for your BFP.[/quote]

Melissa -

Sounds like you had a productive visit - and good news! Im not feeling much yet either in terms of kicking. I feel rolling and can tell when he/she shifts to one side or another … waiting for more.

[quote=Ann0327]You are too funny! Well, hey, shake that money maker!! :slight_smile:

Doing well! I just had an ultrasound/checkup yesterday. All the babies looked good. We are back to thinking it’s 2 boys and 1 girl! They had us thinking last time the one we thought was a girl had “switched teams” and grew a wormie! haha! But the tech thinks the other tech (we had 2 different ones) just labeled the wrong baby and then the 3rd one was hiding - which we assumed by the letter she gave it, was a boy from before - but that was the girl hiding! Well I shouldn’t say “wrong” - baby A and baby B are right beside each other, so whoever’s head is lower when I go gets dubbed baby A. So confusing. I get the full anatomy scan appointment on 2/2 so I’ll feel better after that one, but I’m pretty sure she was right this time. We saw what she was looking at and I would have thought 2 boys and a girl also.

I had my cervical length measured and the Dr wanted me at 3.5 (longer is better) and I was at a 4.7 - so that was great! I’m up 14lbs and one big ole bump :slight_smile: I have thought I felt a tiny kick here or there like 3 or so times, but nothing for sure or strong just yet. Still feel the whole baby slither like if they flip or come to the surface of my belly…but not so much the kicks yet.

How about you, feeling moves yet?[/quote]

So good to hear from all of you.

JNJ - I used a program called Paint.net and I’ve attached a link to a tutorial from a great blog about how to make silhouettes. (Would be SO cute using a childs face.) It takes a little fiddling at first but once you get the hang of it, it’s pretty simple.

silhouette tutorial | jones design companyJones Design Company

Coffee- thanks! I can’t wait to try it! Hopefully I can figure it out :slight_smile:

Lisa, it may start any day - I just started feeling little kicks today! It feels like a muscle twitch to me or when your eye twitches. but it goes and stops and goes… I felt it on the left and right… So I think 2 were playing around in there :slight_smile:

Hi Blondie,

I just read your blog. You are so very lucky to be so in love, to have a beautiful life and someone to share it with. I hope IVF3 and the new RE are just the trick. I did follistim with all of my cycles, and I did a TON. I was taking 450 every day for 10 days with the first two cycles… Ya, that’s right, $15K for follistim. I didn’t have any issues with it. It seemed to work a lot better with Lupron. I did that with cycle 3. I stimmed for only 7 days and only used a fraction of the 450mg initial dose, lowering every day. See, it’s all about finding the right combo for you. I’m staying positive for you and wish you all the best. You certainly deserve it. Keep us posted.

Funny… as I was tallying our IvF bills for income taxes, DH and I actually got a little emotional - remembering the hoping, praying, sticking, stabbing, and laughing when we were ttc. Enjoy the journey, it’s a beautiful thing and can bring you so much closer.

[quote=Blondie1]Hi hi!!

So glad to hear everyone’s babies are doing well and growing!!

All the bleeding you have experienced is so scary and glad it has stopped for you.

Waiting to start IVF #3 in a couple weeks. Looking forward to it and hoping this is the one!

I am glad we still check in here and can’t wait to hopefully share some of my own good news one day! :)[/quote]

[QUOTE=MsLassiter]Hi Blondie,

I just read your blog. You are so very lucky to be so in love, to have a beautiful life and someone to share it with. I hope IVF3 and the new RE are just the trick. I did follistim with all of my cycles, and I did a TON. I was taking 450 every day for 10 days with the first two cycles… Ya, that’s right, $15K for follistim. I didn’t have any issues with it. It seemed to work a lot better with Lupron. I did that with cycle 3. I stimmed for only 7 days and only used a fraction of the 450mg initial dose, lowering every day. See, it’s all about finding the right combo for you. I’m staying positive for you and wish you all the best. You certainly deserve it. Keep us posted.

Funny… as I was tallying our IvF bills for income taxes, DH and I actually got a little emotional - remembering the hoping, praying, sticking, stabbing, and laughing when we were ttc. Enjoy the journey, it’s a beautiful thing and can bring you so much closer.[/QUOTE]

Awww thank you for the kind words. I too feel very very lucky for the life I have. :slight_smile:

OMG… I have been working on getting our bills together for taxes also. Crazy amounts of money spent this past year on making a baby. Lolz

As for progress… Started stims last night! Very exciting, yet a bit scary. Can’t believe this is happening again.

Thank you to everyone for the positive vibes! I am feeling good about this cycle (so far).

How are all the babies doing??? :slight_smile: