Ivf September/october

Anybody still around!?

Hey Lisa hope all is well! My babies are still cooking! I’m 32 weeks now which is just 4 weeks from full term for them. If I go anytime now all 3 have the same success expectations as full term triplets, but the closer I get to 36 weeks limits their NICU stay! So I’ve just been in bed every day for the last 8 weeks. Hope all is well with you! Any updates?

Blondie, hope you’re well too. I’m gonna go check your blog now!

Hey Melissa!
How are your peas in your pod?

Hey JnJ! Doing well! Shouldn’t be long at all now!

I’m so sorry to read of your m/c! And to make it 12w would really hurt bc you’re almost out of the 1st trimester :frowning: how are you doing?? I see you are going to try again. Good for you! I hope this is your time. Thinking of you and your angel baby :frowning:

[QUOTE=Ann0327]Anybody still around!?

Hey Lisa hope all is well! My babies are still cooking! I’m 32 weeks now which is just 4 weeks from full term for them. If I go anytime now all 3 have the same success expectations as full term triplets, but the closer I get to 36 weeks limits their NICU stay! So I’ve just been in bed every day for the last 8 weeks. Hope all is well with you! Any updates?

Blondie, hope you’re well too. I’m gonna go check your blog now![/QUOTE]
:flower:
Hi Melissa! Glad to hear from you and I’m glad you’re still doing awesome. Do the babies move all the time? You’ve gotta feel like you’ve been hijacked by a soccer team sometimes. I swear my little peanut never sleeps anymore! I can’t imagine how cantankerous 3 have to be.

I bet you’ll make it to 36 weeks! That’s right around the corner! Did you get a chance to visit your birthing center? I did and it totally freaked me out. I don’t know what I was expecting but the hospital smell was enough to make me want to run. I’m planning to take some essential oils with me in my bag…if nothing else they’ll be a nice distraction. :slight_smile:

I’m feeling great - no aches and pains to speak of although by the end of the work week I’m ready to just hit the sofa in my robe and slippers.

What are your babys names?

Hey! Yes they move lots…sometimes all 3, or just 2 or 1… Just depends. I have had all 3 have the hiccups at once at different speeds! That was funny. I’m feeling so tight! People still think I look small for triplets but I guess it’s because I’m tall. My uterus measures 46 weeks along! We had a growth check 2 weeks ago and each baby was a little over 2 1/2 lbs. So it’s getting heavy in there! :slight_smile: Their name are Landon, Clayton and Brynn. We’ll see about 36! I may blow by then :slight_smile: My personal goal is 34 and then I’m ready!

Do you have a name for your little girl?

[QUOTE=Ann0327]Hey! Yes they move lots…sometimes all 3, or just 2 or 1… Just depends. I have had all 3 have the hiccups at once at different speeds! That was funny. I’m feeling so tight! People still think I look small for triplets but I guess it’s because I’m tall. My uterus measures 46 weeks along! We had a growth check 2 weeks ago and each baby was a little over 2 1/2 lbs. So it’s getting heavy in there! :slight_smile: Their name are Landon, Clayton and Brynn. We’ll see about 36! I may blow by then :slight_smile: My personal goal is 34 and then I’m ready!

Do you have a name for your little girl?[/QUOTE]

Aww those names are great. I wanted to use brynn!! My hubby likes the name Hope just a little better…we arrived at that name during an Er visit at 14 weeks when we had the hematoma scare. Still don’t have a middle name …I’m supposed to be working on that this weekend.

I know what you mean about TIGHT! I’ve been slathering the palmers greasey palmers smelly butter several times a day. My belly isn’t round like a basketball. Rather I just look like a sequoia tree trunk w giant boobs :slight_smile: hahahh its HOT (not!!) My point being - I am not able to bend forward at all! DH has to help w dressing me _ and god forbid o drop something at my desk or on the car floor…its just GONE as far as I’m concerned.

That’s too funny! It’s not that common of a name really, so too ironic we both wanted it. My DH wanted Kennedy more but he got to use his family names for both boys’ middle names so he let me win on her name!

Yes, dropping things means it’s pretty much gone! :slight_smile:

Hi All!!

Miss you guys!

Melissa, I cannot believe you are still baking those babies. That is just so exciting. I think about you all the time and hope you/they are doing great. Everyone I have ever heard of with triplets has had them around the 27 week mark. Seems to me like you were made to bake these babies! Are you still at home on bed rest or get moved into the hospital yet? I am so so glad things are going good. 36 weeks is right around the corner! You will have to update us when they arrive! Love their names!

Lisa, So glad things are going great with you and baby girl also! Hope is a beautiful name and so fitting for your journey to get her here. I know it is wayyy early to be asking this but just curious… you planning to do this again for another baby or you gonna hang up your syringes after this one? You get the nursery, etc all done and ready for baby? Baby shower? Anyway, so glad things are going well.

JNJ, So sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Crossing my fingers IVF #3 is the cycle for you! IVF #3 has been good to me so far! 3rd time is the charm, right? :slight_smile:

As for me, just still in disbelief that I am still pregnant. Lol. It’s almost like I don’t want to jinks it by even talking about it. I am currently 14 weeks and 4 days and the baby is progressing as he/she should. My boobs are seriously huge and sore but zero belly yet. Hubby is convinced something is wrong since i haven’t gained any weight/belly yet. I am certain it will all catch up to me soon enough. Still haven’t opened a “what to expect” book, baby journal, etc yet for fear somehow losing this pregnancy. Crazy i know. Slowly… I am becoming less crazy about this stuff, I think. Anyway, all is going great over here… maybe even a bit boring now that I don’t have weekly appointments with the RE anymore (stopped those at 12 weeks). When did you guys start feeling your little ones? I know I am a ways out but still excited for the reassurance. :slight_smile:

Thinking of you all!

Hi girls - funny I actually delivered last night! I was feeling weird Monday after lunch. I had an upset belly and some lower back pain. Then Tuesday I was uncomfortable all day long and couldn’t get relief at all for my back, and more blah feeling in my belly. I thought something might be starting so I was timing contractions, which were stronger and more painful than they had been a d was just getting up to call my Dr when I felt a tiny leak of fluid. I thought, hmm was that a blob of discharge? So I sat on the toilet and some more drips came out but it didn’t feel like I was peeing. So I stood up and a little more ran down my leg. I thought is this my water breaking? So then I felt a bit bigger leak and my Dr said to come in. When we got to the hospital, I got out of the car and it gushed out of me…down my leg …on my shorts… On the sidewalk… In front of strangers waiting at the main entrance just looking at me :frowning: lol!! It was a bit embarrassing but what can ya do? We had a towel I sat on and I had a pad on but I soaked the pad. So they checked and said, yep you’re water broke for one of them so we’ll do a c section, grab your stuff a d follow us. I literally went right into prep and Landon was born at 7:53pm, Brynn at 7:53, and Clayton at 7:54. Each baby cried upon delivery which was great! Landon was 3lbs 6oz and 16 1/2 inches. Brynn was 3lbs 8oz and 17 inches. Clayton was 3lbs 2oz and 16 1/4 inches. No one needs oxygen and they moved into a lower lever NICU room today. They are small but doing awesome.

Glad to hear you’re well Blondie! I didn’t really relax until about 16 weeks…and I didn’t buy anything until literally a few weeks ago! So I get ya. I felt movement at 16 weeks. To me it feels like when you get a little eye spasm but in your belly! Then they really started moving at 18 for me. Hang in there!!

[QUOTE=Ann0327]Hi girls - funny I actually delivered last night! I was feeling weird Monday after lunch. I had an upset belly and some lower back pain. Then Tuesday I was uncomfortable all day long and couldn’t get relief at all for my back, and more blah feeling in my belly. I thought something might be starting so I was timing contractions, which were stronger and more painful than they had been a d was just getting up to call my Dr when I felt a tiny leak of fluid. I thought, hmm was that a blob of discharge? So I sat on the toilet and some more drips came out but it didn’t feel like I was peeing. So I stood up and a little more ran down my leg. I thought is this my water breaking? So then I felt a bit bigger leak and my Dr said to come in. When we got to the hospital, I got out of the car and it gushed out of me…down my leg …on my shorts… On the sidewalk… In front of strangers waiting at the main entrance just looking at me :frowning: lol!! It was a bit embarrassing but what can ya do? We had a towel I sat on and I had a pad on but I soaked the pad. So they checked and said, yep you’re water broke for one of them so we’ll do a c section, grab your stuff a d follow us. I literally went right into prep and Landon was born at 7:53pm, Brynn at 7:53, and Clayton at 7:54. Each baby cried upon delivery which was great! Landon was 3lbs 6oz and 16 1/2 inches. Brynn was 3lbs 8oz and 17 inches. Clayton was 3lbs 2oz and 16 1/4 inches. No one needs oxygen and they moved into a lower lever NICU room today. They are small but doing awesome.

Glad to hear you’re well Blondie! I didn’t really relax until about 16 weeks…and I didn’t buy anything until literally a few weeks ago! So I get ya. I felt movement at 16 weeks. To me it feels like when you get a little eye spasm but in your belly! Then they really started moving at 18 for me. Hang in there!![/QUOTE]

OMG YAY!!! Congratulations on having your babies!!! So exciting!!! Those are great weights and hopefully short NICU stays! They usually like them to be in the 4-5 pound range before release right? I know there is a ton of other criteria they look for but was curious about the weights. Are they on feeding tubes? I will be praying they continue being the superstars they have been so far! How are you doing with recovery? Thinking of you and your family during this special time! Oh and we need pics (whenever you get a chance, hehe)! :slight_smile:

wow!

Fantastic news for both of you! Wow!

Denise - I’ve been following your blog and I am so so happy for you. Congratulations. And I’m so happy you’re settling into your pregnancy. Enjoy every day! It’s a miracle, and its so short!! Glad to hear your not dying with morning sickness. I had it bad! I lived on ginger ale, ginger gum and crackers till about 15 weeks. You’ll start feeling your little one soon! In fact we were able to see the sex at 15 weeks!! I, like you, had the early boob growth lol. It hasn’t stopped either! I’m just happy my belly is catching up. I looked like Dolly Parton for a while :slight_smile: is your hubby over the top happy about the baby? I know our pregnancy has brought us so much closer as a couple. I hope it does the same for you! Please keep us posted. When’s your next ultrasound?

Melissa - I was so surprised to see your note! I actually did a HAPPY DANCE for you! Congratulations x 3!! 3 healthy babies and a healthy mom. What more could you ask for? I can’t wait to hear more! I bet they are absolutely beautiful. Get some rest girl, you’re gonna need it. Post a photo when you can. I am so so so happy for you. Can you believe it?! One journey closes…another begins. You’re gonna be a great mom!

Afm: still baking - scheduling an elective c section delivery June 8 th or 11 th, unless I start labor sooner. I had 19 hours of natural labor with my first - I figure at 41 I m not leaving anything to chance. Id prefer a controlled environment. Denise you asked if I’m done…is do this 10 more times if I had the time, but time isn’t on our side. Thatsaid, we certainly won’t ever quit trying the old fashioned way! You never know…

Hey girls! Thx! We’re all doing well. I’m pumping like mad and getting 2 Qtips of colostrum. So frustrating! I have put all the babies to breast a few times and they try, but I think my nipple is as big as their heads!! Haha! It really helps me though…I still do t get much more, but I can tell a bit more is released when I pump after they suckle a bit. Straight pumping just barely squeezes a drop at this point. They are in donor milk for now which makes me sad I can’t provide, but I wanted them to have whatever was the best option. They are sweeties and we love cuddling them. No idea when they’ll get out. My Dr isnt as much about a goal weight I guess, but seems they tend to release around their full term gestation - so 36 weeks which was 3 weeks out from my delivery. That’s not a for sure but kind of a typical per my Dr. I will get some pics posted when I can. I can’t figure it out with my phone and don’t have a laptop/PC access.

Glad you’re both doing well!

[QUOTE=Ann0327]Hey girls! Thx! We’re all doing well. I’m pumping like mad and getting 2 Qtips of colostrum. So frustrating! I have put all the babies to breast a few times and they try, but I think my nipple is as big as their heads!! Haha! It really helps me though…I still do t get much more, but I can tell a bit more is released when I pump after they suckle a bit. Straight pumping just barely squeezes a drop at this point. They are in donor milk for now which makes me sad I can’t provide, but I wanted them to have whatever was the best option. They are sweeties and we love cuddling them. No idea when they’ll get out. My Dr isnt as much about a goal weight I guess, but seems they tend to release around their full term gestation - so 36 weeks which was 3 weeks out from my delivery. That’s not a for sure but kind of a typical per my Dr. I will get some pics posted when I can. I can’t figure it out with my phone and don’t have a laptop/PC access.q

Glad you’re both doing well![/QUOTE]

Melissa - was just thinking of you today! I hope you’re home and feeling great! When you get an opportunity - let me know how all of you are doing!

[QUOTE=MsLassiter]Melissa - was just thinking of you today! I hope you’re home and feeling great! When you get an opportunity - let me know how all of you are doing![/QUOTE]
Hi! I haven’t gone home yet. I moved into the Ronald McDonald right by the Children’s hospital where the babies are in NICU. They are doing awesome! No oxygen, no meds, no issues… They just need time to grow and get bigger. I am pumping like mad and try to nurse each one once a day. They all do great! Landon & Brynn have nursed 2/3 of an ounce from me and Claytonjas done 1/3 of an ounce. 1 ounce is a full feeding for each right now. The Drs and nurses keep saying they are over achieving preemies. I’m healing decent. I was discharged on time with no problems. My stomach is noticeably shrinking. I am in the NICU from 9-9 usually and I’m doing early and late pumpings to try to do 10 per day. So we are doing good! I’m tired, but doing really good!

[QUOTE=Ann0327]Hi! I haven’t gone home yet. I moved into the Ronald McDonald right by the Children’s hospital where the babies are in NICU. They are doing awesome! No oxygen, no meds, no issues… They just need time to grow and get bigger. I am pumping like mad and try to nurse each one once a day. They all do great! Landon & Brynn have nursed 2/3 of an ounce from me and Claytonjas done 1/3 of an ounce. 1 ounce is a full feeding for each right now. The Drs and nurses keep saying they are over achieving preemies. I’m healing decent. I was discharged on time with no problems. My stomach is noticeably shrinking. I am in the NICU from 9-9 usually and I’m doing early and late pumpings to try to do 10 per day. So we are doing good! I’m tired, but doing really good![/QUOTE]

Wow Melissa that is great that you’re able to stay so close. It would be so hard to not be there with your babies! I bet they’re all growing nicely. Will you be able to nurse them all? Omg you’re gonna be busy. It sounds like you iare doing/healing well too. This will be my first (and likely only) c section, and I’m not sire what to expect in terms of recovery. It’s purely elective for me. I just prefer a controlled environment this time - I went with a total natural childbirth last time and I swear it gave me Ptsd. Are you getting around ok?

Who do the babies resemble? When are you all going home?

Hi Lisa. They are all about 5oz over birth weight. They all had lost about 4oz so they’re getting there! The boys resemble my DH and my daughter looks like me :slight_smile: If you’re on FB feel free to PM me your name here and we can become friends so you can see pics. I have some up.

The csection wasn’t bad to me - but I have no point of reference either. I had mine at 8pm…cathedar out to pee on my own at 6am… Loaded up on painkillers to go see my babies at 9am. I forget if I said but they got transferred to a Children’s hospital just because there was not enough nursery space for them where I delivered. The hospitals are a few blocks from each other - but it still sucked. I had to be up and in the car to see them and I couldn’t get painkillers at their hospital and my hospital wouldn’t give them early so I could take them with me. Don’t miss a dose of meds in the beg and you’ll do fine!

I pump like crazy and try to nurse so my milk supply comes up… So far my little boobs are listening!! It’s been steadily rising every day. Today I nursed/pumped 31 ounces!! My babies need 28 ounces in a 24 hr period. Isn’t that crazy??? I may not always keep up with their demand but for now I do. They are each on a little over 1 ounce per baby per feeding.

[QUOTE=Ann0327]Hi Lisa. They are all about 5oz over birth weight. They all had lost about 4oz so they’re getting there! The boys resemble my DH and my daughter looks like me :slight_smile: If you’re on FB feel free to PM me your name here and we can become friends so you can see pics. I have some up.

The csection wasn’t bad to me - but I have no point of reference either. I had mine at 8pm…cathedar out to pee on my own at 6am… Loaded up on painkillers to go see my babies at 9am. I forget if I said but they got transferred to a Children’s hospital just because there was not enough nursery space for them where I delivered. The hospitals are a few blocks from each other - but it still sucked. I had to be up and in the car to see them and I couldn’t get painkillers at their hospital and my hospital wouldn’t give them early so I could take them with me. Don’t miss a dose of meds in the beg and you’ll do fine!

I pump like crazy and try to nurse so my milk supply comes up… So far my little boobs are listening!! It’s been steadily rising every day. Today I nursed/pumped 31 ounces!! My babies need 28 ounces in a 24 hr period. Isn’t that crazy??? I may not always keep up with their demand but for now I do. They are each on a little over 1 ounce per baby per feeding.[/QUOTE]

OMG… I am sending my fb info for sure! Can’t wait to see pics! :slight_smile:

I am so glad the babies and you are doing well. And am very proud of your boobs! Feeding for three has got to be crazy!

Seriously Melissa… I am stealing one of the babies. Lol. So adorable. Can’t tell you how happy I am for you and your hubby. :slight_smile:

P.S. we are still in secret pregnancy mode on fb. Not sure when I will feel comfortable enough for an announcement of some kind but it might not be for a while. Haha

[QUOTE=Blondie1]Seriously Melissa… I am stealing one of the babies. Lol. So adorable. Can’t tell you how happy I am for you and your hubby. :slight_smile:

P.S. we are still in secret pregnancy mode on fb. Not sure when I will feel comfortable enough for an announcement of some kind but it might not be for a while. Haha[/QUOTE]

Hehe! Thanks :slight_smile: They are so good too! Multiple nurses have said they are good babies and when they can pick assignment they ask for my triplets :slight_smile: I’m also guessing they like just dealing with 1 mom instead of 3! Haha! Each nurse gets 3 babies. But they stop down from other rooms to see them. So nice!

Ok, that’s good to know!! My lips are sealed :slight_smile:

Melissa- I am so glad to hear everyone is doing well!! I’m going to pm you… I want to see some pics… Hehe. Same with blondie though (I’m not pregnant… But nobody on fb knows about ANYTHING)… Mums theb word :slight_smile: