Ivf September/october

JenRN- I think that’s a great number for an early beta! Keep up the hope!!!

AFM- I haven’t really been on the forum at all… I caught up a little bit today and t’s been wonderful to hear about all those beating hearts!!!
I started BCPs on Monday to get ready for my FET which may be around early December? Since my last frosties didn’t survive the thaw I am kinda already preparing myself mentally for the same thing to happen… BUT a couple of days ago I had a dream that I walked into the room where my RE does transfers and he turned around and I asked him how I got there because nobody called me that morning to tell me if they survived the thaw or not and he said that all 3 did… again, it was only a dream… but at least it was nice waking up to that thought :slight_smile:

Have a good weekend everyone!!! I will try to pop in more often :slight_smile:

[quote=stinawants2]Jen RN: hang in there. 8dpt is early to do a beta. I thought my RE was early doing it at 9dp5dt. You are very much in the game. Good luck on Monday. :pray: for big number!

Coffee: Glad you’re hanging in there. You and I are on the exact same schedule. I had my ER on the 3rd also. MY5 is right about how far along we are. I didn’t hear the heartbeats this week I just saw them beating on the screen. They were very tiny. The RE had to point them out. You will definitely be able to hear it next week! Hang in there. It’s just around the corner!

Brandy: :cheer: for a perfect beaner! Glad you heard the heartbeat. Such piece of mind that sound! You sound so great…I’m jealous! How are you feeling?

Ann: :clap:SOOO glad the trips are doing well and your little guy caught up! How exciting! How long does your RE keep you until you see the ob? Hope you are feeling well and keeping the nausea at bay!

Mona: :cheer:wooohoo. you are cruising right along! Nearly through the first trimester! I know how you feel about leaving your RE. I’m feeling the same way. It’s bittersweet. I swear if I ever had a baby naturally I would die without the constant monitoring!

Lady99: I don’t know this for sure but I don’t think air travel will effect implantation. I would ask the RE just to be sure though.

Twinmommy: Thanks so much for all the info! You have no idea how helpful you’ve been to me! It turns out my o/b’s policy is only c-sections for twins. I wasn’t thrilled but I can understand why. Good to know about pre E too. I didn’t know that. Ugh. All this worrying and it’s only the beginning.Also, did you have to see a perinatalogist? Sorry I keep inundating you with questions. How are you doing?

AFM: I got a call from my RE yesterday that he was releasing me. I was a little freaked and thought I might have one more u/s before seeing the ob. He understood and said I can come in next Weds. for piece of mind! I made my ob appt and go on 11/21. Hopefully I’ll have an u/s then too! I can’t have enough of them in the beginning! I also get to stop my PIO shots on 11/9. I’m very excited about that. I’ve had enough of them at this point. Wishing everyone a happy Friday and a great weekend!! :grouphug:[/quote]

Yes. I did see a perinatalogist. My RE made me get approval from the Maternal Fetal medicine Dr before doing my IVF in 2009 due to my diabetes, which the RE diagnosed during the fertility testing. I was 35 time at the time of delivery too and having twins added to me being a high risk patient. But seeing the high risk dr was a blessing as I got to have a u/s at least every 4 weeks and sometimes more often.

Congrats on the PIO shots ending. They were quite literally a pain the booty!

AFM- I am still having issues with the insurance company so my RE office will not put me on the schedule until the claims from my last cycle have gone through. I do have IVF coverage through my employer. There was a $10K lifetime max that was lifted in 2011 so everything should be covered but the insurance co keeps processing claims as my dr is an out of network when he really an in network and only covering 60%. The RE’s office told me on Mon there was one opening for Jan 22nd but I needed to call back the next am. So when I called back the next day they told the spot was filled and we were looking at Feb 6th but I needed to pay the $1400.00 balance before they put me on the schedule. The nurse faxed me the bill and I spent a couple of hours on the phone with the ins co, my co’s fertility dept and RE’s biling dept. Called back on Tuesday and they told me the scheduling nurse was on the phone with the ins co and she would call me back. She never called me back on Wed or Thurs so on Friday I called Re’s office again and they told me that nurse was out of the office and I should call back on Mon. Needless to say I am super frustrated and am even considering going to another RE office. Hello- I am not getting any younger here…

My RE wants to try to do the micro flare protocol next time even though my response was good last time on the long lupron. Egg quality was the issue this last cycle as the best embryo’s we got were Grade 2’s. We just need 1 Grade 1. I got pregnant with 2 Grade 1’s. My little boys had their 2nd birthday this week. My husband and I will probably only try a couple more times so hopefully the micro flare will be the answer. IVF is such a emotional roller coaster.

Hi ladies, sorry haven’t been around much my back going out made it hard for me to do anything. I believe it’s from the sudden withdraw of the progesterone and displacement of weight since going of the meds I lost 10 pounds that I put on. Another girl from the same clinic ended up in bed with extream back pain too after going of the meds. Anyway I’m more mobile now and getting ready for the baby dance wed and thurs…I hope your all doing well and will catch up on personals when I can sit in a chair long enough

Good Morning

Peek - How are you feeling? I too gained a lot of weight on the medications. Sometimes I wonder if I’ll be able to take it off.

Quick “TMI” question - My doc never said anything about abstaining from sex. While we didn’t have any penetration last night, I did get “a[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]roused[/FONT][/SIZE]” before I remembered that everyone on the board says NO ORGASMS. Yikes! We’re going in for our second US tomorrow. What does your doctor recommend when it comes to sex? I remember some of you discussing this a few posts back but I think I just screwed up! UGH!

Thanks Stina! I’m feeling pretty good. Terribly exhausted, but not too much nausea! I’m already anxiously awaiting the next US on the 18th! :slight_smile: I just want to see that little heartbeat again so we know everything is just the way it should be!

Coffee, my RE says - NO RESEARCH! It will amp up your stress levels so much! He demands trust and promises that if anything is wrong, he WILL tell me! I think this is a conversation worth having with your RE just for ease of mind!

AFM - had my first absolute “puking” episode Friday night after having grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner. It was horrible. DH was awesome, ran for a glass of water, a cup of hot tea, my toothbrush, and a cold washrag for my neck. He rubbed my back and was so sweet!

My bum is so sore! I’m doing the heat for at least 45 minutes after every shot, and trying to do the shots as far away from each other as possible. My right side has very little pain and only one small knot, my left side has a huge sore knot… grrrrrr.

I’m now waking up about every 3-4 hours during the night to pee… and peeing like crazy during the day. I don’t care for water, but have been drinking a lot of it lately. Otherwise I drink decaf iced tea and some juice.

As for cravings… green olives, roma tomatoes and tacos are my bestest friends right now! Any of you guys have any “cravings”?

[quote=BrandyMichelle]
My bum is so sore! I’m doing the heat for at least 45 minutes after every shot, and trying to do the shots as far away from each other as possible. My right side has very little pain and only one small knot, my left side has a huge sore knot… grrrrrr.[/quote]

Brandy, Try icing for just a few minutes before the shot. I am not an ice person. I hate icing! I always have done the shot and then heated…but as I get further in (I’m on PIO 41 or something now!) I have started to ice just a few minutes before and then heat after and I have noticed a difference. I barely notice any muscle pain the next day. It’s really helping me. OR, I’ve killed all my butt muscles off :slight_smile:

8 weeks

Hi Ladies,

Writing today to ask for your prayers. Yesterday I was not feeling well at all. Ive had ms so I didn’t think too much of it. Later in the day I began to bleed a little. Now my re warned me of this and said its normal, but I can’t tell you how scary it is when it happens. My nurse reassured me its probably ok but I am going in at 230 for a scan to be sure. I’m not bleeding or spotting today, but I’m so scared. Please keep me in your prayers. :cross:

Praying for you!

[quote=MsLassiter]Hi Ladies,

Writing today to ask for your prayers. Yesterday I was not feeling well at all. Ive had ms so I didn’t think too much of it. Later in the day I began to bleed a little. Now my re warned me of this and said its normal, but I can’t tell you how scary it is when it happens. My nurse reassured me its probably ok but I am going in at 230 for a scan to be sure. I’m not bleeding or spotting today, but I’m so scared. Please keep me in your prayers. :cross:[/quote]

I am thinking of you right now and parying that this is just a normal spotting. Please let us know how you are doing.

Lisa you are in my thoughts and prayers hope everything is ok the fact that there is no spotting or blood today is reassuring.

Brandy Ice is definitely a good idea it’s what I used after a surgery where I had five days of bum and hip shots after. Also get DH to give you massages on where your taking your shots it’s really important to try and keep the muscle relaxed.

AFM doing a bit better still not able to sit for long though. Hi to everyone hope your all doing well.

Hang in there Lisa!!! That so stinks you have bleeding. I’m so sorry to hear it. I hope it’s very normal. I know this won’t really help much, because I know if it were me, nothing would ease my mind but an u/s…so I get it and ignore me if this is annoying… but I have had 3 friends pregnant within the last year have bleeding in first trimester, and all were fine and have their babies now. So it definitely can be ok, and from how you’ve described it, I’m hoping you are just one of those (unfortunately) people who have some bleeding but all is well. Praying!

Beta #2 results are in… 123!! This is such wonderful news to DH and I because we were so worried with the first beta of 34. Our first u/s is scheduled for 11/16… next Wednesday!! I’m so thrilled I don’t know what to do with myself. That God for miracles!! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Ann0327]Hang in there Lisa!!! That so stinks you have bleeding. I’m so sorry to hear it. I hope it’s very normal. I know this won’t really help much, because I know if it were me, nothing would ease my mind but an u/s…so I get it and ignore me if this is annoying… but I have had 3 friends pregnant within the last year have bleeding in first trimester, and all were fine and have their babies now. So it definitely can be ok, and from how you’ve described it, I’m hoping you are just one of those (unfortunately) people who have some bleeding but all is well. Praying![/QUOTE]

Thank you thank you thank you all! I just got through with my scan. Baby is fine. Just the right size and a strong hb. No signs of bleeding or hematoma. Dr said I am fine. I am however banned from exercising for a while - but ill take that with a smile. Thank you for helping me stay sane. It really helps to hear your thoughts. Were on the road for a few hours. I hope to catch up and learn what everyone is upto.

Thx again :slight_smile: I love you guys!

Lisa your beans there to stay keep roasting that chestnut of yours…Jen congratulations I’m so happy for U guys

[QUOTE=JenRN0507]Beta #2 results are in… 123!! This is such wonderful news to DH and I because we were so worried with the first beta of 34. Our first u/s is scheduled for 11/16… next Wednesday!! I’m so thrilled I don’t know what to do with myself. That God for miracles!! :)[/QU:cheer: OTE]
Congratulations Jen! That’s fantastic! I’m so happy this worked for you, and very glad you stayed with us! Happy dance :dance:

[QUOTE=MsLassiter]Thank you thank you thank you all! I just got through with my scan. Baby is fine. Just the right size and a strong hb. No signs of bleeding or hematoma. Dr said I am fine. I am however banned from exercising for a while - but ill take that with a smile. Thank you for helping me stay sane. It really helps to hear your thoughts. Were on the road for a few hours. I hope to catch up and learn what everyone is upto.

Thx again :slight_smile: I love you guys![/QUOTE]

Im so glad everything turned out ok. Please take it easy.

Lisa, I’m so happy for you. Whew! That little bean is so strong! Yay!

My5 - I am thinking of you this morning and hoping that your US went well.

AFM - This morning we saw the heartbeat. We know this is just 1 out of so many critical milestones that we need to make it through. But I am just so thankful at this moment. I can’t believe how much love I feel for this tiny little blessing … This is a miracle.

[QUOTE=Coffeegal1]Lisa, I’m so happy for you. Whew! That little bean is so strong! Yay!

AFM - This morning we saw the heartbeat. We know this is just 1 out of so many critical milestones that we need to make it through. But I am just so thankful at this moment. I can’t believe how much love I feel for this tiny little blessing … This is a miracle.[/QUOTE]

Im so glad you were able to see the heartbeat. Your progressing so well! Im happy for you Coffee! I saw the heartbeat this morning too, for 2 babies. I almost fell off the table. It was the prettiest thing ever.

My5 you got an instant family growing in there congratulations.

Coffee so happy for you that you got to see the heartbeat you have a little fighter in there.

my5 - TWO! YAY! What a blessing!!! Congrats to you and I hope those two little hearts keep growing and getting stronger with every day that passes!

Thank you ladies. Its so much to take in right now. Coffee I just now this pregnancy will be the one for you. Feel free to join us on the Late June, Early July Due Date Board when you feel comfortable.

Thakn you ladies for your support.