Ivf September/october

Hi Ladies, sorry I’ve been missing in action but with the back and now work I am crazy busy. it’s 2 weeks to Christmas for me as all my chocolate has to be in the stores by then and I lost 2 weeks by lying on my couch. I’m happy to see that you and your beans are all doing well and wishing you happy and healthy pregnancies.

AFM I had my re appointment today and it wasn’t the news I wanted to hear. I live in Quebec and all IVF is paid for by the government but their age limit with your own eggs is 43 which is how old I am. DH and I are going to try naturally again next cycle and then if that doesn’t work look at egg donation. They said I responded really well but my age is still 43. If any of you have ideas how to improve my egg quality please let me know.

[QUOTE=peekaboo]Hi Ladies, sorry I’ve been missing in action but with the back and now work I am crazy busy. it’s 2 weeks to Christmas for me as all my chocolate has to be in the stores by then and I lost 2 weeks by lying on my couch. I’m happy to see that you and your beans are all doing well and wishing you happy and healthy pregnancies.

AFM I had my re appointment today and it wasn’t the news I wanted to hear. I live in Quebec and all IVF is paid for by the government but their age limit with your own eggs is 43 which is how old I am. DH and I are going to try naturally again next cycle and then if that doesn’t work look at egg donation. They said I responded really well but my age is still 43. If any of you have ideas how to improve my egg quality please let me know.[/QUOTE]

There is research to support: dhea- 75 mg per day and Melatonin 3 mg per day. For best effect you need to take them 45 days prior to your cycle. I swear it worked for me and my 40 yr old eggs…still only got one good one of 38 retrieved. Talk to your RE about those 2 supplements peek. Best of luck to you! (hugs)

Peek - so good to hear from you. sorry that the apt didnt go quite the way you were hoping. Just a question, are you allowed to pay out of pocket for IVF there? Maybe that’s not an option though. (I know for me, everything was out of pocket and I could only really afford it once.)

Please keep us posted. I am interested in the answer as well.

Thanks Lisa I will be looking into it he also mentioned something called co e. a. which I’m still trying to figure out what it is.

Coffee it’s not an option for me this year as I put to much money into starting the chocolate company and they just changed the age it was 45 but I don’t know if I actually can.

Hi ladies!

Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving. I miss this board :grouphug: .

Hope everyone is doing okay. I’m well, just really nervous as my symptoms seem to have stopped this week. We saw the baby 2 days ago and there was no indication of a problem but it isn’t really helping me with my fears today. Gosh - I never thought I’d pray for nausea! Did anyone’s symptoms tapper off this early? Or do they come and go? I’m just looking for something encouraging so I don’t KILL the Thanksgiving buzz :slight_smile:

Thanks!

[quote=Coffeegal1]Hi ladies!

Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving. I miss this board :grouphug: .

Hope everyone is doing okay. I’m well, just really nervous as my symptoms seem to have stopped this week. We saw the baby 2 days ago and there was no indication of a problem but it isn’t really helping me with my fears today. Gosh - I never thought I’d pray for nausea! Did anyone’s symptoms tapper off this early? Or do they come and go? I’m just looking for something encouraging so I don’t KILL the Thanksgiving buzz :slight_smile:

Thanks![/quote]

I wouldn’t sweat it Coffegal. Mine have been kind of off and on and when it’s the “worst” it’s all day nausea. My nausea got lots better week 9 and I swear I think my m/s is gone altogether as of this past Sunday. I’m just 10 weeks tomorrow --and it’s TRIPLETS! I have no idea how I got away with low m/s, but I’ll take it as I seriously look 6 months along right now. I’m not exaggerating!

Thanks Melissa for the encouraging words. Gosh I am so excited for you! Can you believe it? Three little babies? Also glad to hear that your symptoms aren’t too terrible. I wondered if gals with multiples have it even worse when it comes to MS.

You sweet thing! I bet you look adorable! No wonder you’re showing though. I wore a tight shirt with a cardigan to work today and I swear people are looking at my belly. I even untucked my shirt after lunch because I thought it looked so bad. Whoops! I’m thinking my staff knows something is up. I used to NEVER eat breakfast and the only beverage you could find in my office was Coffee (hence my name :)) Today alone, I had half a donut, a huge bowl of pineapple and a Gingerale! One of my team members said “What’s up with the Gingerale? You never drink soda!” Ugh. If things keep going well, I’ll have to tell them soon. It’s too obvious and there are rumors.

Happy T-day all!

I can’t believe it! Sometimes it’s exciting and sometimes I’m a ball of nerves thinking about it all. I haven’t told work yet! I def think people are wondering because like I said, I’m quite big for my weeks along. I was eating carrots in dill dip at 8 am! Haha! I eat constantly but not huge portions. I haven’t put any extra pounds on really…maybe a few but I’m still in my normal window. My body is totally shifting. My few friends who know can’t get over the bump, which is turning into a mountain :slight_smile:

I am glad you’re feeling good too. I would enjoy the fact all looks good and you get to feel good too :slight_smile: hope your holiday is relaxing!

happy thanlsgiving!

Hi coffee! Hi Melissa!

My symptoms def. Do the same coffee. I thought there was something wrong when I all of a sudden felt better too. Then SHAM I had an awful case of car sickness and my fears were gone. I no longer wish for ms as proof! I haven’t been able to smell or eat meat since the week after my transfer. My all carb diet had gained me 5 pounds already. I still go to the gym but I’ve taken it super easy since the bleeding.

Everyone here, pets included, is passed out. Food coma I suspect! Hole each of you have a wonderful holiday.

Anyone venturing out in the wee hours to shop?

Hey everyone! I hope everyone had a good holiday! I haven’t been on the forum in probably two weeks! Hope to catch up soon!

Hi Ladies, hope you all had a wonderful thanksgiving with your families. Thought I’d let you know I found a clinic here that will use my own eggs and will have an appointment in December so I’ll keep you all posted.

Keep roasting those little ones.

Hi All,
How was your Thanksgiving? Anything new? Just checking in.

My last US was okay. baby looked good but she implanted very close to my cervix so we’ll just have to keep an eye on it. Doc said I could see some bleeding as a result. ugh :frowning:

Anyone have big plans for the holiday?

[quote=Coffeegal1]Hi All,
How was your Thanksgiving? Anything new? Just checking in.

My last US was okay. baby looked good but she implanted very close to my cervix so we’ll just have to keep an eye on it. Doc said I could see some bleeding as a result. ugh :frowning:

Anyone have big plans for the holiday?[/quote]

Hey! I have my 11 week u/s tomorrow. I’m glad because I’ve had brown spotting twice this week. Rrr! I am sure all is fine because it’s light and brown, and no abnormal cramping but it still just sets your nerves off a bit.

I hope your pregnancy is uneventful! You called your baby a SHE!? Do you have some sort of vibe already? :slight_smile:

Hope everyone is doing well and the holiday went great! Still reading up frequently on everyones updates for inspiration! :slight_smile:

Hi Blondie, I checked out your blog. You and your husband are SO cute!! :slight_smile: I’m sorry to hear of your recent loss. So heartbreaking. IF is so hard :frowning: I hope you find success in the near future - those babies are going to be so beautiful!!

[QUOTE=Ann0327]Hi Blondie, I checked out your blog. You and your husband are SO cute!! :slight_smile: I’m sorry to hear of your recent loss. So heartbreaking. IF is so hard :frowning: I hope you find success in the near future - those babies are going to be so beautiful!![/QUOTE]

Awwww thank you so much Melissa!! That was very sweet. And thank you for checking out the blog! It is a new adventure! I am not the greatest writer but am taking advantage of the opportunity to get our journey out there! I am so excited for you and your babies. Such a blessing after all your struggles to be pregnant with 3!! Good luck at your ultrasound today… Hope it goes great!

Coffee - I’m glad you checked in. Thanksgiving wad great. I’m getting better at cooking things just right every year. We didn’t travel bc I still get pretty car sick. We will make an attempt in a few weeks to see family up north.

Sorry abt your spotting. I know exactly hoe scary that is. I did read that the placenta can and often does move up as your uterus expands. Did your doctor put you on any restrictions in the meantime?

Melissa - did you see them dancing in your 11 week? I bet its absolutely crazy to see three babies in there.

Blondie - your blog made me so emotional. You and your DH remind me so much of how me and my DH are…and how we - like you had so much love and positive energy to devote to this process. Don’t give up! It will happen!

Afm- ill finally meet my ob/gyn on Monday…for my 12 week appt. I wonder if ill have an us. I’ll keep you posted. Still in regular pants but the waist is getting snug. Any of you seen the be bands yet? I found them at Target. You use them to fold over your reg pants so you can leave them unbuttoned…kinda like yoga pants. I think I’m going to love them.

So I applied for a wonderful job 5 months ago and got a verbal offer yesterday - to be formalized by Monday. They do not know I’m preggers. It would more than double my current salary ( which is 25% of what I was making 3 years ago) and we really need this income. I’m wrestling with when to drop the news… Any thoughts?

Blondie - Your blog hits home big time. My heart just goes out to you and your DH. I’m so sorry this cycle didn’t work. You guys are adorable.

I’ve been writting a journal about my infertility for the past year, but I’m lame and have done it on paper :slight_smile: Someday I’d like to have your courage and publish it to the web because I feel like IF is such a secretive disease and is so misunderstood. I will be rooting for you in Jan! :pray: Hope you will keep us posted.

[quote=Ann0327]Hey! I have my 11 week u/s tomorrow. I’m glad because I’ve had brown spotting twice this week. Rrr! I am sure all is fine because it’s light and brown, and no abnormal cramping but it still just sets your nerves off a bit.

I hope your pregnancy is uneventful! You called your baby a SHE!? Do you have some sort of vibe already? :)[/quote]

How are you doing Melissa? Any more spotting? How was your US?

I just call June Bug a “her” because my mother always warned me that if I ever got pregnant, it would be a girl and she would be just like me! (My mother did NOT mean that as a compliment! ha ha ha)

Hey girls, nice to hear how you all are! My u/s went great. All 3 measured on and all 3 had good heartbeats. They were def dancing! I think one was break-dancing, he/she was moving at super speed! Haha! I did have just a bit of spotting today but she said it’s normal/fine and don’t even worry about it. I get to go off PIO in one more week :slight_smile: exciting! I go back next thursday for my last appt with my RE. Then I call and start up with the high risk ob she referred me to. Can’t believe I’m almost through the 1st trimester! I’m really showing! I skipped any belly bands Lisa!!