Ivf September/october

Thank you Lisa and Coffeegal for your kind words about my blog and the hubby and I. Such a crazy tough road each of us goes through. I am so glad this last cycle has worked for both of you. Inspirational for sure!!!

Coffeegal… you should definitely get your journey online. I am finding it so exhilarating and it feels so good to get comments from others experiencing the same things. I highly recommend it!

Melissa… so good to hear about your ultrasound. I bet it is just amazing to see those 3 little babies moving and shaking around in there. We need a recent baby bump photo. :slight_smile:

Have a great week ladies!!!

I tried to load a bump and 2 u/s pics from last week… in both you only see 2 babies, but you’ll see the other sac in the shots too. Hope everyone is doing well!

On the left pic, you see the 3rd sac up to the left then 2 babies… the left baby is upside down facing us and that pointy part toward the middle is the chin! The right shot shows 2 babies and a squished 3rd sac. Baby B is affectionately known as Flat Stanley for now!

EDIT - OK, bump won’t load… it’s off my phone and it says it’s too large! hahaha!! How IRONIC! :wink:

Oh my gosh Melissa! They are so precious! Wow! Thanks for sharing. Do they move quite a bit when you have your US?

I had my last RE apt yesterday. it was bittersweet. (I’m nervous about moving on but I know it’s a good sign.) In our last US, June bug was tired. She squirmed and kicked a few times but wasn’t overly active. They didn’t seem concerned at all but I was just wondering what your babies are up to in there! :slight_smile:

[quote=Coffeegal1]Oh my gosh Melissa! They are so precious! Wow! Thanks for sharing. Do they move quite a bit when you have your US?

I had my last RE apt yesterday. it was bittersweet. (I’m nervous about moving on but I know it’s a good sign.) In our last US, June bug was tired. She squirmed and kicked a few times but wasn’t overly active. They didn’t seem concerned at all but I was just wondering what your babies are up to in there! :)[/quote]

My last u/s I saw one didn’t appear to really be moving much at all, one moved a little bit and one was totally on a sugar buzz!!! So I had various levels of movement. My Dr didn’t seem at all concerned either. I still don’t feel a darn thing as far as movement. Part of me wants to for the reassurance, but part of me is scared that I’ll be a walking moving belly all the time!!

My last RE appt is Thursday. I totally understand. Sad to see her go. Nervous about my new guy but she highly recommended him and said he’s the type to give a hug if you needed it and he’s in his 60s so I thought he sounded comforting :slight_smile:

hi!

Just wanted to say hello and wish all of you a very Merry Christmas. I hope you ate all doing well on your journeys!

Melissa your ultrasounds are way cool. Can you feel any movement yet?

Coffee I hope your ob transition went well.

This Friday will make my third ob trip. The first wad to meet and get a baseline us at 13 weeks. I had an emergency visit last week 13 w2d due to some bleeding - which thank god was short lived, and Friday will be almost 14 weeks…for pap and the results of the 5 tubes of blood taken on visit 1. Baby appears to be growing right on Target despite the complications I’ve had, which is reassuring. However we have been put on restriction - no sex, no exercise other than walking, until future notice. I am fine with that. I now have Drs orders to sit around and do nothing but enjoy family and food during the holidays :slight_smile:

I think of you all often and hope you are well! Merry Christmas!

Hi Lisa, Glad to hear all is well and the bleeding wasn’t anything more serious. I also started bleeding on Tuesday, but it’s not heavy, not crampy, no clots… so I didn’t know what to think. Called my RE because I was just released last week and haven’t met my high risk guy yet. She did an u/s and everything looked great and she couldn’t find a cause. I’ve been bleeding since Tuesday. Just small amounts, only a pantiliner needed, but definitely red blood. I found an old thread on another forum of triplet moms about 13 weeks like me who had the very same thing. They found baby A who is the lowest, is maybe causing it. The placenta covers the cervix and irritates it and causes some bleeding, I guess. So I’m hoping that’s all it is!

Hope everyone else is doing well and has a good holiday!

[QUOTE=Ann0327]Hi Lisa, Glad to hear all is well and the bleeding wasn’t anything more serious. I also started bleeding on Tuesday, but it’s not heavy, not crampy, no clots… so I didn’t know what to think. Called my RE because I was just released last week and haven’t met my high risk guy yet. She did an u/s and everything looked great and she couldn’t find a cause. I’ve been bleeding since Tuesday. Just small amounts, only a pantiliner needed, but definitely red blood. I found an old thread on another forum of triplet moms about 13 weeks like me who had the very same thing. They found baby A who is the lowest, is maybe causing it. The placenta covers the cervix and irritates it and causes some bleeding, I guess. So I’m hoping that’s all it is!

Hope everyone else is doing well and has a good holiday![/QUOTE]

Spotting is for the birds! I’ve been driving myself nuts worrying, flocking. Ive read IVf pregnancies in general have mote bleeding than non_IVf. Ice even considered renting a doppler. My DH says that’s too over the top. I’ll keep you in my prayers too!

Hi!

Mslassitar- hi! wishing you a merry christmas! sounds like things are going well with you & baby!
all well here!

lyn nyc

[QUOTE=mybaby2b]Mslassitar- hi! wishing you a merry christmas! sounds like things are going well with you & baby!
all well here!

lyn nyc[/QUOTE]
congratulations on your bfp! Yay! So happy for you

Anyone still around?? crickets haha…

Hope you ladies are doing well…Coffee, Lisa, Blondie…

I started bleeding at 13 weeks, red gusher at 4am, but I guess it was just a “triplet thing” because of Baby A’s placenta being low and irritating my cervix. So I bled for about 4 days…and then brown blood for weeks…and finally light spotting that’s almost gone. All in all it’s been a 6 week span of having something come out other than clear CM!! Babies are all great. I feel slithers and lumps where they are at. My belly is 36-37 inches around the button which is probably 10 inches more than I was! Growing fast :slight_smile:

What are you guys up to?

Melissa- That sucks about the bleeding, but great that everyone is doing well :slight_smile:

AFM- I just had an FET on December 20th. My latest beta at 17dp5dt was 2499. They said my numbers are looking good and my first ultrasound is on January 17th. I still wont believe I’m pregnant until I see/hear a heartbeat :slight_smile:

What has everyone else been up to?

Awesome jnj!!! Hope the 1st u/s is perfect for you!

[QUOTE=Ann0327]Anyone still around?? crickets haha…

Hope you ladies are doing well…Coffee, Lisa, Blondie…

I started bleeding at 13 weeks, red gusher at 4am, but I guess it was just a “triplet thing” because of Baby A’s placenta being low and irritating my cervix. So I bled for about 4 days…and then brown blood for weeks…and finally light spotting that’s almost gone. All in all it’s been a 6 week span of having something come out other than clear CM!! Babies are all great. I feel slithers and lumps where they are at. My belly is 36-37 inches around the button which is probably 10 inches more than I was! Growing fast :slight_smile:

What are you guys up to?[/QUOTE]

Hi Melissa - how scary is the bleeding thing? Ugh sorry you had to go through that. I had almost the same thing - but mine was a hematoma / clot, which made me bleed terrible red for a day - then like you - brown for weeks. It wasn’t detectable on us, but it was when it passed. Tmi I know. I did some research and learned those are not unique to IVf pregnancies but much more frequent. Scary as heck nonetheless. It’s finally stopped and I’m feeling so much better at 17 w 3 d. Did your ob give you any indication whether the placenta causing your problem would move up and not bother you anymore?

BTW - I’ve passed you. I finally went to Motherhood this weekend and bought maternity wear. My waist is 35 - up from 25 and I’m only 5 foot 3. I am noticeably round, and I love it. Our next scan will be on Feb 7 at 21 weeks+. Excited to get confirmation on gender. We suspect its a boy!

Are you going to find out? :slight_smile: nice to hear from you. I’m here - just didn’t get a notification of the last few posts…odd. regardless I hope the new year brings you luckand fingers crossed for an uneventful 2nd and 3rd trimester!

Hi!

Hi Guys!

I wanted to write you all last week but couldn’t find the thread!

Melissa - geeze that is so scary! I’m glad the babies are doing well though. Any bed rest?

J&J - Congratulations! I know that feeling … the waiting and hoping that the little flicker will be there. I will be sending you good vibes and :pray: for a healthy baby and momma.

MsLassiter - Sorry for your experience too! It’s so scary. I bled at the beginning of my pregnancy and was terrified but so far so good.

AFM - Things seem to be progressing pretty well. I had genetic testing done around week 12. We are low risk but have some blood work to finish up next week. At that apt the tech said it looks like a GiRL! WE’ll get confirmation on that next week as well. A life saver for me has been my rented doppler. Hearing her heartbeat everyday calms my nerves and makes me happy :slight_smile:

Its so good to hear from you guys. Please keep in touch! :grouphug:

I don’t get notifications at all anymore either?? I don’t know why?

Anywho, I will find out! I can’t be doing 6 name options at delivery. For 2 appts we were told at least one boy and one girl (I go every other week…standard protocol…no bedrest or issues) and my last appt they thought they saw 2 boys and couldn’t see the 3rd…but thing is…the one they said may be a girl twice is the one they said last time may be a boy?!? So now I’m thinking it may just be 3 boys! I’m hoping for at least one girl - with swollen genitals still…which they said is possible at this point… But I don’t know! I’ll be getting my workout with 3 boys for sure :slight_smile: We’ll be happy no matter what, but we both were hoping for a mix. They will do the full gender scan deal at 20 weeks. They just guess every appt since I always get an u/s. I get my cervical length measured next time so I’m hoping that it’s nice and long!!

Lisa how do you figure you passed me!?! 35 < 36/37! haha! I’m so glad you’re doing well. Curious what your baby is too!

Coffee, So good to hear from you and that all is well!

You guys keep in touch. I think about ya!

Hi hi!!

So glad to hear everyone’s babies are doing well and growing!!

All the bleeding you have experienced is so scary and glad it has stopped for you.

Waiting to start IVF #3 in a couple weeks. Looking forward to it and hoping this is the one!

I am glad we still check in here and can’t wait to hopefully share some of my own good news one day! :slight_smile:

[quote=Blondie1]Hi hi!!

All the bleeding you have experienced is so scary and glad it has stopped for you.

Waiting to start IVF #3 in a couple weeks. Looking forward to it and hoping this is the one!

I am glad we still check in here and can’t wait to hopefully share some of my own good news one day! :)[/quote]

I’ll be looking for an update from ya! Good luck! I checked out your latest blog entry, I agree… sometimes it’s about your odds more than bedside manner… so I think you made a great choice. I’m glad you are giving your own eggs another chance too! Sometimes they just can’t explain why it doesn’t work and then it does. I’ve said for awhile now, it really seems like a total crap-shoot.

Blondie - I’m so glad you’re feeling good about your new RE. It’s difficult to change offices but I think this is the right thing for you and your DH. It sounds like they have the technical stuff down pat! (the RPL testing … I wonder why more doctors don’t offer that? I mean, it’s a blood test right? Sometiems it feels like we have to have several miscarraiges before they will investigate and that just seems cruel to me.)

Anyway - I will continue to follow your story and send good vibes and :pray: . happy New Year!

Coffee- glad to hear from you too! Isn’t pregnancy exciting! i was thinking of renting a doppler. Where did you find yours? What are the specs :slight_smile:

[B][B][/B][/B][QUOTE=Coffeegal1]Hi Guys!

I wanted to write you all last week but couldn’t find the thread!

Melissa - geeze that is so scary! I’m glad the babies are doing well though. Any bed rest?

J&J - Congratulations! I know that feeling … the waiting and hoping that the little flicker will be there. I will be sending you good vibes and :pray: for a healthy baby and momma.

MsLassiter - Sorry for your experience too! It’s so scary. I bled at the beginning of my pregnancy and was terrified but so far so good.

AFM - Things seem to be progressing pretty well. I had genetic testing done around week 12. We are low risk but have some blood work to finish up next week. At that apt the tech said it looks like a GiRL! WE’ll get confirmation on that next week as well. A life saver for me has been my rented doppler. Hearing her heartbeat everyday calms my nerves and makes me happy :slight_smile:

Its so good to hear from you guys. Please keep in touch! :grouphug:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Blondie1]Hi hi!!

I am glad we still check in here and can’t wait to hopefully share some of my own good news one day! :)[/QUOTE]

Blondie - so glad you’re staying with us! I so hope #3 is the one for you. I agree with Melissa - its about beating the odds. If I managed to find a good egg at 40+ I am hopeful it can happen for you too! I think a significant part of ittoo is our ability to remain optimistic and relax during the process. Easy to say - but I had more baluum and antivert for nausea before and after my transfer…I am high strung and ocd by nature. I can’t help but wonder if my drug induced calm helped - felt like it. Well ill be pulling for your bfp!! Keep us posted please. :slight_smile: