IVF Summer of 2010

[B]AC: [/B]You’re on!! How are you? We’ve missed you - seems like it’s been over 3 weeks since you’ve checked in - we are going through AC withdrawal!! :slight_smile:

[B]Mel: [/B]Oh my dear - you poor thing! You must be worrying sick!!! Glad to hear everything is under control. I will be :pray: nonstop!!

Here I am ladies, sorry, life has been nuts. Got back Friday night from a family reunion in Missouri where there is zero internet access or cell signal. So Friday night we found out about a sibling group of 3, yes 3. They are 16 months, 4 and 7. We actually met the kids yesterday. This is not through our agency, this is a situation that just fell in our laps. We have an attorney looking into it for us but this seems to be a situation where it will just be signing over permanent custody then finalizing the adoption but DH and I have lots of thinking to do to make this decision because this is monumentally huge, and it is our lives forever. I am uploading a pic of the youngest one so you can keep us in your thoughts and prayers that we can consider all the options and make the right decision.

AC - OMG, that is huge! I have a thousand questions but will not pepper you with all of them! My thoughts and prayers are with you and DH and you make this very difficult decision. The hardest part of this process has been learning to say no when all your heart wants is to say yes… I hope this is the right fit!

Liz - how is Mom?

Mel - How scary! My SIL had placenta previa and it lasted into the third tri, she had bleeding throughout the entire pg and had to have an early c/s but she has a happy healthy boy so it was all good in the end!

Skipper - poor A! How are you feeling?

Lucy - love to hear the great peanut updates!

Oh my gosh. How can you look at that photo and not feel tugs on the heart string?

Wow…I am overwelmed!! I also know that I’m sitting miles away in Michigan so it’s easy to say “YES” lol. Wow wow wow!!!

Regardless, I am so happy that you are closer to completing your family!

WOW!

[B]Amy: [/B]Mom is doing much better and is happy to be home - thank you for asking! xo

AC, Ahh! That is HUGE news!! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you are able to make the best decision for your family and that if you decide to move forward this sibling group, that it goes smoothly. So amazing that you might have 3 little ones in your home soon!! Definitely keep us updated!

LD, Glad to hear your mom is doing better. What a hard time it is when you go through something like that with a loved one. Hopefully she keeps on the mend and heals quickly!

Mamamel, Man how scary! I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as well!! I’m glad that you know what is causing the bleeding and your OB can keep a close eye on it. I hope this is the last scare you have. Hugs!!

Skipper, I bet it was super scary to realize the nut allergy. I’m glad you’re aware of it now but definitely what an adjustment.

jfratts, getting closer and closer to your FET!! Woohoo!

AC- and again, wow! Would love to hear more details but I know all you need to do right now is think and pray. Sending you so much love as you make this decision.:grouphug:

mamamel- I feel ok. The estrace of course is making me feel nauseus (sp) and tired but other than that I feel good. Mentally, one day I feel good and positive it will work and then the next day I feel like it probably won’t. Let’s pray :pray: it works. I am so sorry about your scare. You are right the worry never ends. You have been through so much you deserve a stress free pregnancy.

bun- glad to hear mom is feeling better and is home. I read ur PM. YAY!!!

AC-What a tough decision. I am sure you and DH will make the right choice for the 2 of you. We ar ehere to support you either way. BTW she is a cutie!!!

Dren- I know getting so close. How are you? How are the kids? Any more news on your house?

Skipper- so scary about the allergy. Did you give PB on purpose or by accident? I only ask because I thought you were supposed to wait until they are 2. BTW no judgement here just asking.

AFM- had my 2nd E2 today and my number is 131. I guess that is good. I up my dosage again and go back Sat. for BW/US and then I think they will give me a def. date. Still thinking it will be the 19th. Let’s hope it is not the 20th since dh has a fishing trip planned.

Jfratts I guess there is new research out that strongly suggests you should give them peanuts as early as possible to help avoid allergies if there aren’t already known ones in the family. Our ped said the audience of peds gasped out loud when it was presented. We are waiting until 3 only because of my known allergies.

mamamel So scary! I hope everything goes well from here. Imagine when the baby is 16 and out driving. I think it just never ends.

AC Holy cow big change possible It is a lot to consider. Are the kids healthy physically/mentally? It gives me lots of hope that options are opening up almost immediately after your homestudy is finally complete. I know you guys will do what is right for your family.

LD How’s the moms?

My au pair is downstairs in my clean kitchen making food for my kids for tomorrow. Love it.

Mammamel:So happy to hear everything is ok with chickpea.

Skipper: That’s a scary thing for you too. Yowza!

KSS: I may need an aupair if we decide to do this. Still waiting on information from the attorney but all the details that I was terrified of have seemed to just sort of miraculously work themselves out. The funny thing is that you might remember a few weeks ago I was saying how it is strange how our dreams and visions of how our famillies will be change so much because of IF. I had originally dreamed of having 3 children but now I was thinking I would be lucky to have one let alone 2 and now 3 is a possibility. We will of course have to give up on the dream of ever having an infant but that seemed to be very hard to do at first but it seems to be easier and easier to consider. Of course we can’t get our hopes up until we hear from the attorney that it truly will be a possibility. Just hoping for the best.

KSS- I think I had heard that too, that you could give earlier it just seems scary. I don’t have nut allergies in my fam, not sure about donor. If T had a cow’s milk allergy earlier does that up her chances? T actually has her 15 month this Thursday so I guess I will ask her ped. (I can’t believe she is 15 months) seems like yesterday was my 1st IVF cycle. How are you? How are the twins?

SOCLOSE TOCOMPLETE: I am sure you and DH are both scared and overwhelmed with the possibility of what could result from this. Miracles come in all sorts of ways. You have given some wonderful and heart felt support to everyone on here and I know we are all here on the side lines waiting to give it right back, whenever you need it. I am sure you and DH will talk to exhaustion about all the what-ifs, but I’m sure in the end whatever feels right for the both of you will be the deciding factor. It’s hard not to let our heart lead us in times like this when somewhere we need to have some rational thoughts… you are in my thoughts and prayers as you go through this process.

As for Baby James he is rolling over from tummy to back and giggling up a storm. A question for you ladies, he has eczema and my daughter is wondering what can she do, has anyone had to deal with this? The doctor gave her some ointment to use but she is hoping there is more to be done. Not having had to handle this before I do not have any answers or suggestions. Any help would be appreciated.
Mel: take a deep breath, it must feel like everytime you start to relax something comes up. Sorry you have to go through this!
Bun: glad your mom is home and mending

GMA2ALL My little guy has some eczema too. Calendula seems to be the wonder plant that I had never heard of until babies. We use this. Pricey, but I never had to use the steriods the ped gave us. I’m even using it on myself now. Have they talked about any dietary changes that might help? For myself I have to avoid oats to keep it calm. Wish I’d known that as a kid when I ate cheerios every single day. I also do non-fragrant everything–lotions, soaps, the works for babies. Weleda for babies is supposed to be great too, I just don’t use it due to the almond oil in it.

calendula cream california babycalendula cream california baby

Mel: a co-wokers daughter had the placenta previa also. Apparently she had “the worst kind”. Whatever that means. Needless to say, she carried to term and her baby is perfectly healthy. On a side note, I remember waking up the morning I reached 12 weeks so happy and excited. I went to the bathroom to see blood. I almost died! And the worrying N.E.V.E.R ends (at least for me it doesnt). I do hope the remainder of you’re pregnancy is uneventful :slight_smile:

AC: yay, you’re back! And O-M-G!! That fache is precious. Like BUN said, it’s easy for me to sit here in NY and say YESSS!! I would love more info on them. I know you guys will make the best decision. 1 baby, 2 babies or 3 babies— initially its overwhelming but you figure it out rather quickly and can’t even remember life before them :slight_smile:
This is a blessing for sure! Keep us posted.

KSS: thanks for that info I will pass it along to my daughter. The doctor didn’t mention any food changes at this time,. He is on formula and my daughter is thinking of changing it to a sensitive or soy based one. Keeping my fingers crossed.

AC: maybe you don’t have to give up your dreams of having an infant. Maybe put them on hold a bit longer until you’re settled in with your 3 LOs. I’m super excited for you.

[U]Incomplete[/U]: Wow! How amazing! Only you and DH know in your hearts whether this is the right decision. It will be life changing, but adopting an infant or conception no matter the way, are life changing as well. Whatever you decide, my :pray:s cont for you! Always.

Thanks for all the support ladies…it means the world to me. We are pretty certain we are going to do this but we aren’t willing to get our hopes up too much until we know it is a done deal. We did get some really encouraging news from the attorney yesterday and are waiting to hear back from the judge but the short version of the story is that because we are already cleared and checked and verified to the nth degree in Texas and approved to adopt that the state the kids are in will be eager to give us custody. Let’s hope the judge agrees. If everything goes well we should be able to bring them home in 3 or 4 weeks we hope.

[QUOTE=incompletefamily]Thanks for all the support ladies…it means the world to me. We are pretty certain we are going to do this but we aren’t willing to get our hopes up too much until we know it is a done deal. We did get some really encouraging news from the attorney yesterday and are waiting to hear back from the judge but the short version of the story is that because we are already cleared and checked and verified to the nth degree in Texas and approved to adopt that the state the kids are in will be eager to give us custody. Let’s hope the judge agrees. If everything goes well we should be able to bring them home in 3 or 4 weeks we hope.[/QUOTE]

:clap: :cheer: :clap: :cheer:

AC, Ahh!! 3-4 weeks?! That is amazing!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: I am keeping absolutely everything crossed for you guys!!! I’m so emotional today over Rem’s b-day and reminiscing about our adoption with him. So now hearing what really could be for you is putting me in near tears. So stinkin happy for you!!

AC: I am so happy for you!!! Can you tell us more about all of the kids? Or would you prefer to wait until more things are finalized. What a blessing for those kids to be placed in a wonderful home TOGETHER. I have to admit I’ve gone back and looked at your littlest girl’s pic a few times- she is precious. I am praying that it all works out, and if it doesn’t, I know that the right fit will happen SOON. :pray::pray::pray: