IVF with PGS/PGD Testing

Hello all!

I just had my first egg retrieval on Sunday (yesterday Aug 4th, 2013). I had 12 follicles counted by ultrasound, 9 eggs retrieved, 8 matured, and 7 fertilized. Now I am waiting until Wednesday to hear how many are chromosomally normal after the PGS/PGD testing. (I had a 6 month loss and 6 week miscarriage with no explanation as well as Asherman’s - under control- and PCOS).

Has anyone else had success with PGS/PGD testing? If so, how many of the retrieved eggs were fertilized and how many of them were chromosomally normal?

Best wishes for you all!!! :cheer:

[QUOTE=AliceJP]Hello all!

I just had my first egg retrieval on Sunday (yesterday Aug 4th, 2013). I had 12 follicles counted by ultrasound, 9 eggs retrieved, 8 matured, and 7 fertilized. Now I am waiting until Wednesday to hear how many are chromosomally normal after the PGS/PGD testing. (I had a 6 month loss and 6 week miscarriage with no explanation as well as Asherman’s - under control- and PCOS).

Has anyone else had success with PGS/PGD testing? If so, how many of the retrieved eggs were fertilized and how many of them were chromosomally normal?

Best wishes for you all!!! :cheer:[/QUOTE]

Congrats those are great numbers. What Day did they do the biopsy? Day 5, are you doing a Day6 transfer?

Depending on your age, and AMH expect up to 1/2 to be abnormal. With my AMH they wanted me to expect 70% to be abnormal.

I don’t have a success but will share my story. I have a Day 3 biopsy of embryos and 2 were abnormal and 2 were normal, unfortunately only 1 made it to transfer and result was BFN. We are doing another IVF and will be doing a Day5 biopsy with Day 5 transfer on this go around. They can test all chromosomes for # as well as translocations etc. Our new RE uses Genesis for the analyzing party.

Good luck!

[QUOTE=HeartSick4Girl]Congrats those are great numbers. What Day did they do the biopsy? Day 5, are you doing a Day6 transfer?

Depending on your age, and AMH expect up to 1/2 to be abnormal. With my AMH they wanted me to expect 70% to be abnormal.

I don’t have a success but will share my story. I have a Day 3 biopsy of embryos and 2 were abnormal and 2 were normal, unfortunately only 1 made it to transfer and result was BFN. We are doing another IVF and will be doing a Day5 biopsy with Day 5 transfer on this go around. They can test all chromosomes for # as well as translocations etc. Our new RE uses Genesis for the analyzing party.

Good luck![/QUOTE]
Day 3 testing is not reliable.
How can you have testing and transfer on the same day? Also, if you thought day 6, check if day 6 transfer is the optimal thing because day 6 is not the prime time for the lining. Day 5 is, apparently because it’s fluffiness, etc.

Welcome to our Forum

Welcome! There is a thread you might find useful.

http://forums.fertilitycommunity.com/vitro-fertilization-ivf/2020195546-er-pgd-fet-girls-484.html

It goes back quite a ways and you will find success outcomes on it.

I too am doing PGS/PGD. We grew to day 5, biopsed and froze all for the FET. I am 36 and out of the 9 blasts we had 4 normals. We did micro array testing. I am currently only 5week 6 days so I don’t have a take home baby yet but we did get pregnant. My first u/s is in a week

Please read this thread as it has helped give me hope that my husband and I would one day have a baby of our own.

Good luck!

Rach

My stats are in my siggy. Best wishes!

Also as a thought:seems to me frozen cycles work better, esp. If your embryos are day 6

[QUOTE=racheldenise]Welcome! There is a thread you might find useful.

http://forums.fertilitycommunity.com/vitro-fertilization-ivf/2020195546-er-pgd-fet-girls-484.html

It goes back quite a ways and you will find success outcomes on it.

I too am doing PGS/PGD. We grew to day 5, biopsed and froze all for the FET. I am 36 and out of the 9 blasts we had 4 normals. We did micro array testing. I am currently only 5week 6 days so I don’t have a take home baby yet but we did get pregnant. My first u/s is

Please read this thread as it has helped give me hope that my husband and I would one day have a baby of our own.

Good luck!

Rach[/QUOTE]

What was your protocol when you got 4 normal blasts?

[QUOTE=cosmopolitan4112008]Day 3 testing is not reliable.
How can you have testing and transfer on the same day? Also, if you thought day 6, check if day 6 transfer is the optimal thing because day 6 is not the prime time for the lining. Day 5 is, apparently because it’s fluffiness, etc.[/QUOTE]

Yup I meant Day 6 fat fingered the number. I am not in the cycle yet but the RE said that they check lining, BW, etc and if not optimal then freeze and transfer. He has seen more results with fresh. But I have read a lot about FET too.

My clinic prefers to do day 6 fresh transfers, however they will on transfer on day 6 if the lining looks optimal, if not, it’s FET city.

As you can see in my signature we did PGD testing with this last round and only had 1 good one! This 1 good little girl is due in just over a week!
Wishing you the best of luck!

[QUOTE=kbdiadora]As you can see in my signature we did PGD testing with this last round and only had 1 good one! This 1 good little girl is due in just over a week!
Wishing you the best of luck![/QUOTE]
Was it the blastocyst when you tested it because I can see it was a day 5 transfer from your signature? As far as I know, it takes one day to get pgd results

Thanks for the feedback!

I just turned 30 so the age odds are in my favor I suppose. My retrieval was Sunday, they are calling with the testing results on Wednesday and my transfer is on Friday.

BTW - Ouch! My retrieval recovery is bearable but sure not pain free!

I am glad to hear that you all have had success with the testing! I will keep checking back and please keep updating if you hear anything new.

It was a bit discouraging at first to hear only 7 of my 12 follicles actually fertilized and the testing will weed out even more. But, according to your results, all it takes is 1 little survivor to make it all worth while!:pray:

We did PGS on Day 3 and a fresh transfer on Day 5. Out of 6 embryos, we had 1 normal girl. I am currently 17 weeks pregnant. Wishing you the best of luck!