Jacksonville, FL IVF friends

Hey guys, I’ve been on the infertility merry go round for a few years now and am currently hoping to have the funds to do IVF in 3-4 months. I don’t know anyone personally going through this and I have a hard time talking with family and friends about it.

Anyone in the area care to share their stories and experiences and what local doctor did you use? Any recommendations?

I appreciate any support and conversation!!

:bsv:
the journey today

I used to blog a while ago and be in the infertility bloggers scene but I gracefully bowed out. I was in a bad place and needed a fresh start. Years later I just started writing a new blog and trying to keep it much more positive! Check it out. Drop me a line.

About me? 27, PCOS
Husband, 42, lazy swimmers to begin with and then topped it with a mid life crisis vasectomy. He didn’t know he’d meet a hot young chick and want to procreate with her yet :wink:

I don’t live in Jacksonville but I go to JCRM. Dr. Lipari is my RE and I love him!

I just wanted to chime in and wish you guys luck!!!

I don’t live in Jville either but I also had Dr. Lipari as my RE at JCRM. I also love Dr. Lipari!!! and the staff there is awesome.

I can’t think them enough, because of them I am on my way to delivering a healthy baby girl.

I don’t live in Jacksonville, BUT I did go to FIRM and I LOVED them. LOVED LOVED LOVED.

I want to go back soon and take the boys when they get a little bigger to see everybody.

My IVF buddy was 2 weeks ahead of me and went to FIRM also and we both got pregnant and were so excited. Our boys will get a playdate together soon.

I know I’m not close… but if you ever have any questions or need someone to talk to, you can always message me!

I am in Jacksonville and a patient of Dr. Lipari’s too. He has gone above and beyond for me with everything I’ve been through. I can’t say enough wonderful things about him and the rest of the staff at JCRM. I’d also be happy to have some “in the same boat” buddies close by :slight_smile:

I am about 1 hour from Jax…I have had a failed cycle at the firm…I am thinking about trying again in 2-3 months either at the firm or jcrm. Where are you going??

Better 2012…soooo sorry

I would highly recommend checking out fertilitysuccessrates.com as they compile the results from SART. If you look at JCRM they are rated 12 out of 16 in the state of FL and the FIRM is 6 out of 16. My SIL went to the FIRM and was successful using her own eggs at 44. Best of luck to you.

Thanks so much Comeonsnowbabies. One thing to keep in mind with SART statistics is the diagnosis of patients they treat. Dr. Lipari/JCRM does not turn patients away when they want to try IVF with their own eggs even when the chances of success are very low. A lot of REs are more concerned with keeping SART numbers up than what their patients want. I’m not saying they aren’t imporatant to consider. I’m just saying you have to take them with a grain of salt.

I agree with better2012. You should look at things behind the numbers. The current SART rates are old they are from 2009. 1) JCRM was building a new facility in 2009 so they had less patients that year. 2) Dr. Lipari was doing research with John Hopkins in 2009 and did not start with JCRM until the end of that year.

If you ask JCRM about their 2010 SART reported rates they will supply them for you.

I have heard good things about FIRM but I visited both places and just felt more comfortable at JCRM.

I am from the Tampa Bay area, and speaking from failed experiences I will say that I think reports from SART and CDC are very important to look at. I would recommend looking at the current reports the doctor can supply you with as well as previous years. I would think most people paying out of pocket would prefer to go to a doctor that has higher pregnancy rates.

I actually pay 100% out of pocket even for meds. I have the wherewithal to travel to any clinic literally in the world and I chose Dr. Lipari.

I don’t think that anyone is saying SART rates are not important but the reality is that SART rates are old. Your clinic could have had sucky rates for the last 2 years and you would never know it. It will be well into 2012 and 2013 before the CDC publishes rates again. Fertilitysuccessrates uses SART rates to report their data and ranking. If you use rates as your only barometer you can be diasppointed.

Again I have heard good things about the FIRM as well just know exactly what you want and figure out which is better to provide what you need. Good Luck!!!

I will have to look into Dr Lipari, I’ve never heard of him. I consulted with Dr Brown at Dr Samuel Brown | Infertility Clinic Jacksonville FL | IVF In Florida, Georgia | Fertility Treatment | Fertility Clinic and really liked him but he is expensive and I’m 100% out of pocket also. Going to find info on Dr Lipari, do you guys know if they have a website? (neva-mind found their site)

I’m so happy to find others on here from my area!!!

also I have seen Dr Duffy from firm at their pcos clinic-I haven’t met the two other doctors in the practice. I just wasn’t that impressed with duffy’s bedside manner although firm is much cheaper than dr brown. so many decisions!

[quote=gte1011]I would highly recommend checking out fertilitysuccessrates.com as they compile the results from SART. If you look at JCRM they are rated 12 out of 16 in the state of FL and the FIRM is 6 out of 16. My SIL went to the FIRM and was successful using her own eggs at 44. Best of luck to you.[/quote]From what I understand FIRM cherry picks their IVF patients too. FIRM would not take me because of my BMI. My doctor at JCRM is more concerned about helping [I]me [/I]in my situation than about SART success rates. You really have to take them with a grain of salt.

did jcrm suggest weight loss, what did they say about it?I I want to lose a few pounds before I pull the trigger is why I ask.

2009 SART results aren’t old, as the people that got pregnant in December only had their baby in September. The 2010 results are currently being compiled and should be out at thr beginning of next year.

As for the FIRM, I am not too sure about cherry picking, as I don’t think they would have taken on my 44 year old SIL.

To the OP best of luck to you!

[quote=afcwaiting4amiracle]did jcrm suggest weight loss, what did they say about it?I I want to lose a few pounds before I pull the trigger is why I ask.[/quote]They strongly recommend following a low carb diet and are very helpful with that, as they also specialize in PCOS.

I try and fail at no carb 95% of the time. glad to hear they specialize in PCOS. I’m going to schedule a consult with them asap, they sound great.

2009 is not old if all you are looking for is live birth rates. If you want to know what type of patients are being accepted and their pregnancy rates 2 years is old. Lots of things change in this business in 2 years.