January 2011 IVF

We’re going to be doing our 2nd IVF attempt in January and I’m looking for some cycle buddies. Who’s with me???

My ER/ET will be in January but I should be starting BCP after my next AF which should be late Nov/early Dec. Not sure which post to join???

I think January is the right place for you! Looks like we got the bad news on the same day :frowning: I’m having a D&C tomorrow but RE said I should be able to start IVF #2 after next AF. That puts ER and ET in January. I’m pretty sure that I was oversuppressed last month and I’m going to see if I can skip the BCP. I ovulated through it anyway so what’s the point?

Have you gotten any answers about why you’ve m/c twice?

I have another blood test tomorrow to confirm my levels are down to 0 and I won’t need a D&C. My OB said they don’t normally do testing until the 3rd mc :frowning: Hopefully I won’t need it!
I’m still bleeding pretty heavily and feel like crap so I definitely need this month off but I’m also anxious to try again.
So sorry for your loss too. Here’s to hoping 2011 is the year for us!

eta:the BCP/long lupron seems to work for me. I don’t respond super well but all it takes is 1 good one. I’m waiting to see if we’ll continue the same protocol.

Hey ladies, I am so sorry to hear of your losses. It is so sad to hear of all of the IF girls going through so much pain after working so hard. My mc was tough and time is one of the only helping hand that makes the pain ease. I am glad to see that both of you are looking forward to your next cycle, mine as well will be in January. 2011 is going to be the year!

No BC here, I’ll be doing the same protocol as last time but adding a drug to help get those ovaries to produce a few more eggs.

How are you preparing?

Hi ladies! I think I will be joining you as well. I had my m/c 9/16 and my beta just got to 0 last week - never thought I’d be happy to get a beta of 0 :rolleyes:. I could start OCPS with my next AF and try to fit in ER/ET before the clinic closes for the holidays, but I think I’d rather give DH and I one more chance the old fashioned way with that cycle and start meds in December if it doesn’t work. That way I’m not worrying about lifting, running all over creation, etc during the 2ww over the holidays. It’ll be 2 years from when we did our first IVF.

I think I’ll probably start acupuncture mid-month - probably when AF comes next. Other than that I’m just taking my prenatal vitamin and trying not to think about ttc (good luck, right :wink: ) . Oh, and my RE is waiting to look at my day 3 labs with my next AF to make the final decision, but it looks like we’ll be doing the microdose flare Lupron protocol to try to get a few more eggs this time.

I’m looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Just got home from the D&C and I can’t help but think that there was a possibility that my pregnancy might have had a chance. I know in my head that this isn’t true, but of course my heart wants to believe otherwise. The good news is that RE said as soon as hcg is back to 0 we can get started on round 2. The only concern I have is meds. My insurance covers $10,000 worth of fertility meds lifetime. I’ve already met this maximum and only have 2 1/2 gonal f pens left. I’m pretty sure that my clinic has a donation program so hopefully I can get 2 more pens this way. Otherwise, we’ll be cutting it pretty close by waiting until after the first of the year to use our flex spending accounts to purchase more meds. We’ll see at our follow up…

As far as preparing for the next cycle, I’ll continue doing acupuncture. It helps so much with my emotional state that it’s totally worth it even if it doesn’t help with fertility. I really need to lose the hormone weight too! I swear I put on at least 15 lbs from the meds, ughhhhh. So I think I’ll just focus on being healthy-yoga, walking, and watching what I eat. I’m also planning on starting a business doing wedding stuff-invitations, save the dates, menus, ect. Pretty much anything made of paper :slight_smile: I think now is a good time to write my business plan! I need a business name too, let me know if you have any ideas!!! In other words, gotta stay busy!

How are you ladies doing? What are your plans until it’s time to start shooting up?

Hi Ladies-

I’m hoping to join all of you for IVF in January. It sound like we are all coming off of a loss. My heart breaks for all of us.

I did my first IVF in June and got pregnant. Everything was going so well. My amino came back that we had a perfect healthy little girl. We named her Jordyn. At my 20 week u/s she had died (10/6/10). It was the worst day of my life. I went straight to labor and delivery and 12 hours later delivered her. We got to hold her for about a hour, heart wrenching. We just got the autopy back and she got caught up in her cord. I miss her every minute of every day. But at my age, I don’t have time to mourn for 6 months or a year. Sucks!

We just met with our IVF doc and I’m waiting for 2 periods and then can start up again. So I’m thinking ER/ET January. We have no IVF coverage, so it we will need to come up with another $10,000!

These threads are so great. No one else understands what we go through to get pregnant. Baby Dust to all of us…

It is so sad that we have all had a loss but I’m so happy to finally join a thread from the beginning. I think I need a lot more support this time from people who know what I’m going through.

I just heard back from my RE that my numbers are down to 0. They are just waiting on an embryology report from the clinic before deciding how to proceed. Most likely it will be the same protocol and we’ll start after next AF. I really want to lose a little of the weight too. It just keeps creeping up and I wasn’t small to begin with :wink:

My heart truly goes out to all of you. I am VERY lucky to live in MA and have great insurance. With what we make there is no way we’d ever be able to afford IVF if we didn’t.
LOTS of baby dust to everyone! (((HUGS)))

purdy - I’m so sorry, that is absolutely heartbreaking. I know I sound like a 5 year old when I say that IF is unfair, but it is. I can’t believe that we can go through so much only to be heartbroken again. I can’t imagine the grief and pain you must be experiencing.

I live in NY and there is no mandated IF coverage. However, the clinic I go to prides itself on affordability. We paid $6000 for 2 fresh cycles. Monitoring is separate at $500 and meds are also separate. Compared to prices I’ve seen around the country, this is such an amazing deal! They also have packages for 4 and 6 fresh cycles. For the package with 2 cycles, you put $3000 down and they give you a year of interest free financing for the rest. If it were any more expensive, it probably wouldn’t be a possibility for us.

That is more affordable! Now I know where to move if they take my coverage away before we’re successful :slight_smile:

[quote=purdy23]Hi Ladies-

I’m hoping to join all of you for IVF in January. It sound like we are all coming off of a loss. My heart breaks for all of us.

I did my first IVF in June and got pregnant. Everything was going so well. My amino came back that we had a perfect healthy little girl. We named her Jordyn. At my 20 week u/s she had died (10/6/10). It was the worst day of my life. I went straight to labor and delivery and 12 hours later delivered her. We got to hold her for about a hour, heart wrenching. We just got the autopy back and she got caught up in her cord. I miss her every minute of every day. But at my age, I don’t have time to mourn for 6 months or a year. Sucks!

We just met with our IVF doc and I’m waiting for 2 periods and then can start up again. So I’m thinking ER/ET January. We have no IVF coverage, so it we will need to come up with another $10,000!

These threads are so great. No one else understands what we go through to get pregnant. Baby Dust to all of us…[/quote]

Purdy, my heart goes out to you. Happy to see you in this group and look forward to hearing about your BFP!

I’m out in California and have no insurance coverage. We are very lucky that my husbands family helped us. We paid $4,000, my inlaws gave us $5,000 and my husbands aunt gave us $5,000. They just told us that they will help us with round number 2.

HopefulinCo-We are also praying that next month we will get prego on our own before we start BCP, but I’m not holding my breathe.

Adelaid-I’m trying to lose a few pounds also before we start up again. I gained 13 pounds being pregnant for 20 weeks and 5 pounds during IVF.

I just started accupunture again. It seemed to work the first time. I will go once a week and then in December I thought I would go twice a week.

Hi ladies,
I previously joined the Nov/Dec 2010 board but I think I’ll probably end up very-late Dec/Jan so I will join you guys. Gwen79 were on our last board together too so we are both ready for a BFP. Look forward to waiting/venting/crying/celebrating with all of you.

1st time IVF for Baby #1!

Hi Ladies,

It was heart-wrenching to read your life-stories and I just don’t have any words… :grouphug: as you go through your difficult times. It is inspiring to see your courage as you go on and I :pray: that you are comforted and get your baby this new cycle in Jan.

AFM, this is the first time doing IVF and DH and I are terrified! In fact, this current cycle is my first time doing IUI with Femara and we are :pray: this is it for us. But it’s better to be practical and plan, right? So, if this doesn’t work, we’ll go with one more round with Femara and then jump straight to IVF in Jan.

Do you have any tips/advice for me? I am skipping the whole IUI with injectibles… we figured if 4 cycles of IUI doesn’t work, then why wait, right?

We are in CA, with Kaiser. Infertility is covered 50%, but IVF is not covered at all. Just got a quote of $13K-$16K including meds!!! All out of pocket… :pray: we don’t have to do it more than once… if at all we have to do it.

It’s great to have cycle buddies. :pray: for us all!

Purdy-thank God for family and I’m so incredibly sorry for your loss :frowning:

Jessica-definitely looking forward to going through this with you all too. It was hard to talk about it with friends who don’t understand.

Hannah-it’s very good to have a plan. I truly hope your last IUI does the trick but if not, we’ll be here for you. I’m going to be on my 3rd IVF and there are still a lot of things I don’t know but feel free to ask away!

Hannahinwaiting-I am also in CA and have Kaiser. They had me do 4 months of IUI and it was a waste of time for me. I wish I would have gone straight to IVF, but it looks like you are younger that me and have more time. I :pray: that it works for you. It looks like most of us have done IVF before, so you can ask us about anything!

My IVF doc said now that you don’t have to do the PIO shots for as long anymore if you get prego. She said after 9 weeks she puts you on something else. For me the PIO shots was the worst part of IVF.

Thanks, Adelaid72 and purdy23.

I just heard back from my RE. It seems I won’t get to do that 5th IUI like we planned (if IUI#4 fails :(). She wants me to start BCPs if AF starts… that would be around 11/16.

Is 2 months of BCPs before ER (01/16) normal? I know she wants to do a hysteroscopy in Dec and I have travel plans between 12/16 and 01/03. I’ve never been on BCPs before and guess am a little nervous of all these pills/meds going in.

Hi Hannah-I know they use different protocols for different women depending on their age and situation. Yes you do need a hysteroscopy before IVF. They usually do that right after you period but before you would ovulate. I’m only on BCP for 21 days, but you are 9 years younger than me, so they must have there reason for doing that. Ask lots of questions and then you can tell us and we can tell you what we have done in the past. I hope this helps.

I’m glad our group is growing! We have had our share of losses, it breaks my heart to read your stories. I have to say I feel stronger just knowing that they are other courageous women out there moving forward and making the long hard trek to motherhood. Cause it is a darn awful trek and it’s good to have people to vent to that understand the IF journey.

Let the countdown begin: 60 days until January!