January 2012 - 2WW anyone?

Anyone else out there going through their 2WW in Jan. 2012? I would love to find some buddies to support each other through this 2WW.

This will be our 3rd IVF, Retrieval is schedule for Jan. 13th, we are praying we can do a 5 day transfer this time. The first 2 times we were forced to do a 3 day transfer b/c I only had 4 fertilized eggs. My RE has be on a new protocol where I’m stimming on Menopur only (3 virals in the morning and another 3 at night) in hopes to get more eggs.

We only paid for 3 rounds of IVF, we are now $40,000 out of pocket. ugh. If this round doesn’t work i’m not sure what we will do.

I’m finding it very difficult to stay hopeful, any advice on how to stay positive when all you feel is hopeless?

Hi there.
I usually post on dec cycle buddies…but my ER & ET will be in first week of Jan,its been 4 days since I am stimming…i am feeling slight back ache & cramps…just wondering if its normal?

Hi Reston,
I won’t be starting IVF until late January, so I’ll probably be in a Feb 2WW board, but I wanted to write to wish you the best of luck.

This will be our first try at IVF, and from all the boards I read on here, it seems so much more successful than IUI…but then again I see these stories where its not. I’m just so sorry your road has been so long, I pray you get pregnant this time around!

Jan. 18 ER

Hey Ladies! I am scheduled for a Jan. 18 ER, Jan. 23 ET. This is our second go around. The first we had to cancel because I was over stimulating. After having ovarian drilling, my numbers seem to be down to normal levels. I just had my base U/S this morning and my follicles had been cut in half which is good for me. Please let me know if you want to buddy up! Good luck everyone!

Hi Reston-
I’m probably ahead of everyone else, my beta is Jan. 2nd, my 40th birthday…I’ve been “adopted” by the December 2ww, but thought I’d stop in here…I wish I had the best advice for you on how to stay positive, as this is our 5th IVF cycle and we’ve never gotten pregnant…I admit to being EXTREMELY lucky to live in a mandated state and have insurance coverage, otherwise I would not be here at all…I think the best thing I can offer up is that unless you are doing something reckless (drinking, smoking, drugs) this is really out of our control…I’m not religious either, but that’s really my thoughts on it…if its meant to be, its meant to be…Even though I’ve heard it millions of times and may sometimes hate people for saying it, that’s the best I have…Stay positive and hope it all works out!

~Jenn

Hi Ladies, it’s so nice to have so many responses so soon, so often this infertile world can make me feel so alone.

[B]eurohistoryteach[/B] - our IVF schedules are pretty close, so odd that you want less follicles and I need so many more! when you overstimulated what meds were you on? did they change your meds for the second attempt or just lower the dose?

[B]Wishes4baby[/B] - I hope your first IVF attempt is successful, I too have low ovarian reserve. When I did my first IVF it was at .75 and it’s now at 1.2, my RE thinks it went up because I’ve been taking DHEA 3 times a day for a few months, but I think going to acupuncture twice a week also helped. I told the acupuncturist about the low reserve (low AMH #) and he says it’s related to kidneys somehow. He showed me a spot on the bottom of your foot to massage every night to help increase the ovarian reserve, if you are interested let me know and I’ll email you seperately showing you where the spot is.

[B]Suhani[/B] - I think cramps and back ache are totally normal, it’s hard not to feel every single twinge and not wonder what’s going on. Good luck on your upcoming retrieval and keep us posted!!

[B]LateBloomer - [/B]so jealous your beta is so soon, and on your birthday, it doesn’t get any luckier than that!! sending you tons of :bsv: hope you get your :bfp: for your 40th birthday!!

I WOULD LOVE TO JOIN YOU IN THE 2WW THATS IS NO FUN LOL!! NOT SURE OF WHEN IT WILL BE RIGHT NOW THEY ARE PLANNING ON TAKING EGGS THE 8TH AND PUTTING THEM BACK THE 13TH? WILL SEE. HAD U/S TODAY AND I HAD 25 RESTING FOLLIES I HOPE THEY ARE ALL PERFECT AND HOPE THERE IS EVEN MORE HIDING!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL YOU CAN SEE FROM MY SIG THAT IT HAS BEEN A LONG YEAR AND I HOPE 2012 IS GREAT!!:pray:

Hello frds:
good to see soo many cycle buddies in Jan:
Euro::welcome aboard.

Reston::thanks

Latebloomer:: good luck!! I am on dec board too.

Kristi:: best of luck,hope 2012 bring lots of happiness to u and everybody here :pray:

AFM::just got a call from my dr that my ER would be on Jan 4th.she also told me that i have 7 follies on one side and 2 on the other…I hv been stimming for last 4 days…is this the normal growth??

[B]Welcome Kristi,[/B] you are so right, 2011 was a loooooong year. I honestly can’t wait for this year to be over, I’m counting down the days to 2012.

WOW 25 resting follies that is amazing, I usually only have 7. My next doc appt is this friday, hoping for more than 10 follies this time.

:pray: the new year will bring us all our :bfp: !

So hard to say what “normal” growth is…Everyone is sooo different in this process…If you trigger on Monday, and today is day four of stims, that would put you on about 7-8 days, which is probably the lower end of normal from what I’ve read, but not completely out of the realm of “normal.” I believe most stim for more like 8-10, but some are more and some right about where you are!

[QUOTE=suhani]Hello frds:
good to see soo many cycle buddies in Jan:
Euro::welcome aboard.

Reston::thanks

Latebloomer:: good luck!! I am on dec board too.

Kristi:: best of luck,hope 2012 bring lots of happiness to u and everybody here :pray:

AFM::just got a call from my dr that my ER would be on Jan 4th.she also told me that i have 7 follies on one side and 2 on the other…I hv been stimming for last 4 days…is this the normal growth??[/QUOTE]

Thanks for ur reply latebloomer,today would be day 5 of my stims,and if I trigger on monday that would be day 10th.just cant wait for ER and ET…

I’ll join you in the process! I’m on my 1st IVF cycle after 2 yrs TTC and 7 failed IUIs in 2011 :grr:

I’ll be doing ER around the 23rd of January. I just picked up my Lupron today. Geesh - after reading about the side effects on this forum, I’m not thinking this will be a walk in the park. Any feedback on what I should expect?

Good luck with your ER, reston. I, too, have low reserve, but that doesn’t mean they won’t all be healthy!

Hey ladies, I have been active in the Jan/Feb IVF, but would like to join your thread.

I start stims on 1/4 and based on (many) previous cycles I will probably ER on 1/16-1/18. It looks like there are a few of you that have ER around the same time.

I will tell you the injections are the easy part, the 2ww TORTURE!!!

reston: I’m usually very positive at the beginning of my cycle and lose it while I’m on the meds. Have you tried acupuncture, some insurances will cover a portion of the cost. I have been doing it since September, it hasn’t helped me get pregnant, but it has calmed my nerves. I know you heard it a hundred times, but stay positive. There is paper on people who laugh more after there ET are more successful, rent some comedies. If you are really losing it just log on and type.

Latebloomer522: Wishing you a :bfp:.

Kristi30: great response!

suhani: I agree with Latebloomer my RE uses follicle size and estrogen to determine ER. He likes to see the lead follicle at least 18-20 mm and follicles under 15mm are likely immature, and he may give them a day to catch up. For me I usually stim for 10-13 days, but your body could be completely different. When is your next U/S and did you note the size of your follicles when they measured them on the last U/S?

Labluvver: Don’t read those inserts they are all scary. If you are not afraid of needles it will not be too bad. You can be bloated and constipated during cycle. I try to use a prenatal with stool softener (TMI), it helps. The most discomfort I felt was after ER. It can be uncomfortable for that day and if you have some ascites (free fluid around your organs) it can make you uncomfortable. The worst is what DH has to endure when I start the stims, I don’t even realize I’m being short with him.

Wishes4baby: Best of luck on your first IVF, keep us posted.

reston: Thanks for starting this thread
suhani: I usually do 10-14 days of stims, it’s different for everyone.
wishes4baby: good luck in Feb
euro: I’m glad you don’t have to deal with overstim this cycle. Good luck.
latebloomer: Happy early birthday and wishing you get the best gift off all a BFP
Kristi30: I’d love to have follie numbers like yours. I struggle with low response to stims.
optimistic: best wishes for the start of your stims
labluvver: :welcome:

AFM: I’ve been offline for a while regrouping. I started stims for IVF #2 12/25. :pray::pray: this one will be a go and not be cancelled. IVF #1 was cancelled due to both embies testing as abnormal on day 3. This time we’ll do day5/6 blastocyst testing.

I struggle with poor response to stims. After 4 days of stims I had 2 follies on RT at about 8mm and one on LT at about 10mm. My E2 was “low” on day for testing at 95. So they upped my Follistim to 900IU plus 50IU (.1mL) of Low Dose hCG. Hoping we see more follie activity tomorrow 12/31 at my next appointment.

I will probably do ER between 1/3 and 1/7 after 10-14 days of stims which is the usual for me.

bon-

[quote=bonbontree]reston: Thanks for starting this thread
suhani: I usually do 10-14 days of stims, it’s different for everyone.
wishes4baby: good luck in Feb
euro: I’m glad you don’t have to deal with overstim this cycle. Good luck.
latebloomer: Happy early birthday and wishing you get the best gift off all a BFP
Kristi30: I’d love to have follie numbers like yours. I struggle with low response to stims.
optimistic: best wishes for the start of your stims
labluvver: :welcome:

AFM: I’ve been offline for a while regrouping. I started stims for IVF #2 12/25. :pray::pray: this one will be a go and not be cancelled. IVF #1 was cancelled due to both embies testing as abnormal on day 3. This time we’ll do day5/6 blastocyst testing.

I struggle with poor response to stims. After 4 days of stims I had 2 follies on RT at about 8mm and one on LT at about 10mm. My E2 was “low” on day for testing at 95. So they upped my Follistim to 900IU plus 50IU (.1mL) of Low Dose hCG. Hoping we see more follie activity tomorrow 12/31 at my next appointment.

I will probably do ER between 1/3 and 1/7 after 10-14 days of stims which is the usual for me.

bon-[/quote]

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!!:pray:

More hopeful today than I have been in a LOOOOONG time. I’m about to start stims on Monday and RE says I have 10 follies, that is amazing considering the past two attempts I only had 7, a 30% increase!!

RE is convinced if I had more eggs and can make it to a 5 day transfer it will work. I’m so happy, it’s almost an odd feeling after being so sad and hopeless for so long. . . maybe the 3rd time is the charm.

:welcome: Labluuver, optimistic and bonbontree! So nice to have more ladies join the Jan. 2ww club.

More hopeful today than I have been in a LOOOOONG time. I’m about to start stims on Monday and RE says I have 10 follies, that is amazing considering the past two attempts I only had 7, a 30% increase!!

RE is convinced if I had more eggs and can make it to a 5 day transfer it will work. I’m so happy, it’s almost an odd feeling after being so sad and hopeless for so long. . . maybe the 3rd time is the charm.

:welcome: Labluuver, optimistic and bonbontree! So nice to have more ladies join the Jan. 2ww club.

Optimistic - our schedules are so close, :pray: we are both celebrating our BFP’s at the end of Jan!!

@ latebloomer - my beta is jan 6th. the dec board was way to big and i didnt want to join in 1,000 posts later so will probably hang on this board even though i dont really fit! hoping you get a BFP on 2nd. stay in touch. positive thoughts!!

Thanks for all the well wishes

But AF arrived full on this morning…I even took a test for sh$ts and giggles and it was negative…

Going to try to regroup…Pretty upset right now…

I hope everyone else has a great new years…

[B]Late Bloomer[/B] - I’m so sorry to hear your news, my heart goes out to you. I hope you are taking care of yourself today and we are all here on the boards if you need to chat. HUGS