January 2012 2WW

Hi Ladies!!

My name is Vanessa and in January my husband and I will be doing our 2nd IUI. We had our 1st in Novemeber and we were SOOOOOOOO excited when it ended up working for us the very 1st time!! UNfortunately it ended in a chemical pregnancy. We were devestated at 1st, but then had to just keep reminding ourselves that it did work and we were able to get pregnant. We were told to sit out December, so here we are!! I think my IUI will be around 01/08/12…my hubby’s birthday!! :af: came on Christmas and I started my Clomid again today. I am wishing and :pray: for all of us ladies just longing to be :preg: . Just wanted to start this thread so we can :cheer: each other on along the way. Let’s start 2012 off right!!!

i did my iui last. night i hope all the best to all

hello, well although i was not able to do iui this month thanks to the weekend but i did 100mg clomid and triggered on saturday. yesterday i O’ed and boy did it hurt i had 3 follies this time. so im that although we had to bd this time only it will work out for us. so I am currently on my 2ww. wish me luck ladies and i hope everyone gets a :bfp: to start the new year wonderful. :cross: and hoping this is our year.

Woohoo!! Good Luck!! I am sending prayers and baby dust your way…I think mine will be on Sunday Jan 8th…which is actually my DH’s 35th birthday!!

Hi all…I’ll be joining you all in the January 2ww. I had my 4th IUI (TTC#2) on Friday so I’ll POAS on Friday the 13th, if no AF. Knowing how my luck works, that might actually be a good thing!!

Good luck everyone! I hope that 2012 is the year for all of us to get our miracles!

[QUOTE=Kris79]Hi all…I’ll be joining you all in the January 2ww. I had my 4th IUI (TTC#2) on Friday so I’ll POAS on Friday the 13th, if no AF. Knowing how my luck works, that might actually be a good thing!!

Good luck everyone! I hope that 2012 is the year for all of us to get our miracles![/QUOTE]
Goodluck I hope it works out for u. :cross:

9 days past trigger

Hello, gals!

• HopefulDespair, thank you for starting the thread. I think you have very good odds for your new cycle considering that you got a BFP after just one try. I’m sorry it didn’t stick, but this is very encouraging for your future tries. Good luck to you and your hubby!

• Hi Aljooore, how are you feeling? Good luck!

• Meli, you already have two little ones? How blessed! Hope you can grow your family even more :slight_smile:

• Kris79: yay! Friday the 13th sounds promising. I’m rooting for you!

• AFM: I had my IUI the day after Christmas (OPK positive on Christmas day) so I’m now 8dpo. The RE told me to use Ovidrel 250 mcg in addition to my natural surge, so I’m 9 days past trigger. It’s my second time using Ovidrel and this time, I wanted to test when it was going to leave my body. The second line was very faint at 8 days past trigger and I thought it would be gone today, but it’s still there at 9 days past trigger. I will test again tomorrow. Somehow I like testing the trigger out with my one-dollar strips. It gives me something to do :slight_smile:

Hello Ladies!

Looks like we’re in the January 2ww! :slight_smile: Hoping for a :bfp:. Tomorrow we go in to see if the clomid worked. (Although my ovaries are all sore so I think it did) and then an IUI on Thursday if so. If not more clomid which honestly I hate.
:cheer: everyone on, and sending lots and lots of
:babydust:BABY DUST:babydust:! Hoping to be :preg:this year!

Hopeful - I hope that line is still there tomorrow!! :cross:

Hi Ladies! I haven’t been on this site in a while… 1st IUI attempt was unsuccessful and in the start of my second cycle, I got an FSH back of 16.2… so I’ve been really down. Been perusing some high FSH forums. Anyway, RE wants to discuss my options now (which I’m certain means no more IUI and possibly not even IVF, since it would impact her stats if we don’t conceive…) so I’m not sure what’s in store for us. I’m hoping that this next IUI is all it takes because our time is running out… :cross:

Had my u/s today and even though my FSH is high, I am still responding to the Clomid, so that’s something. I must have some eggs left in there! So tomorrow and Thursday we’ll do b2b IUIs and then I’ll be joining you all in the dreaded 2ww.

Good luck and much :babydust: to everyone this cycle!

[QUOTE=HopefulinNY]Hello, gals!

• HopefulDespair, thank you for starting the thread. I think you have very good odds for your new cycle considering that you got a BFP after just one try. I’m sorry it didn’t stick, but this is very encouraging for your future tries. Good luck to you and your hubby!

• Hi Aljooore, how are you feeling? Good luck!

• Meli, you already have two little ones? How blessed! Hope you can grow your family even more :slight_smile:

• Kris79: yay! Friday the 13th sounds promising. I’m rooting for you!

• AFM: I had my IUI the day after Christmas (OPK positive on Christmas day) so I’m now 8dpo. The RE told me to use Ovidrel 250 mcg in addition to my natural surge, so I’m 9 days past trigger. It’s my second time using Ovidrel and this time, I wanted to test when it was going to leave my body. The second line was very faint at 8 days past trigger and I thought it would be gone today, but it’s still there at 9 days past trigger. I will test again tomorrow. Somehow I like testing the trigger out with my one-dollar strips. It gives me something to do :-)[/QUOTE]
    Yes I have two little ones from my first marriage. I am blessed to have them but I would love one more little one with my husband. It was hard to have them but now its harder I think becaise my tubes were tied then I untied them. I dont know.

10 days past trigger / 9dpiui

• Erika, good luck with your IUIs!

• Kris, thank you so much, that was sweet :slight_smile: Well, the second line was still there this morning, but very, very faint, so I can officially say that Ovidrel left my body today, 10 days after the injection. Somehow it was nice to see a positive every day, even knowing that it was just from the trigger. At least now I know what that second line looks like! :nerd:

HopefulinNY - I had my IUI on 12/24 and the trigger shot the night if the 22nd…It is my first time having the trigger shot. I know it can cause tender breasts but can it cause cramping as well? I’ve had cramping on and off since Sunday…this 2ww is driving me crazy!! I’m getting a blood pregnancy test tomorrow at pre-surgical testing b/c if I’m not pregnant I’m having a uterine polyp removed next week. I’m praying this one worked:cross:

good luck, Hamlet!

Hey Hamlet, you had great numbers, very nice!

If you took Ovidrel for trigger (250 mcg = 6,500 iu), it can take up to 10 days to leave your body (like it did for me), so now at 13 days past trigger, it should be out of your system. Do you take progesterone? This cycle, I’m using progesterone capsules every night, and that makes my breasts feel tender and full, but the Ovidrel did not have that side effect for me.

It seems to me that the cramping is a good sign…something is going on in your body…I really hope you get your BFP tomorrow! :cross::cross::pray::pray::babydust::babydust:

[QUOTE=HopefulDespair]Hi Ladies!!

My name is Vanessa and in January my husband and I will be doing our 2nd IUI. We had our 1st in Novemeber and we were SOOOOOOOO excited when it ended up working for us the very 1st time!! UNfortunately it ended in a chemical pregnancy. We were devestated at 1st, but then had to just keep reminding ourselves that it did work and we were able to get pregnant. We were told to sit out December, so here we are!! I think my IUI will be around 01/08/12…my hubby’s birthday!! :af: came on Christmas and I started my Clomid again today. I am wishing and :pray: for all of us ladies just longing to be :preg: . Just wanted to start this thread so we can :cheer: each other on along the way. Let’s start 2012 off right!!![/QUOTE]

Hi! I’m glad to hear you are doing well and that you started your next round of Clomid. Good luck for your IUI next week! Sending you :babydust: :babydust:

hi hopefulinny
i feel hope :pray:
and i wish hope
for all of us

[QUOTE=HopefulinNY]- Erika, good luck with your IUIs!

• Kris, thank you so much, that was sweet :slight_smile: Well, the second line was still there this morning, but very, very faint, so I can officially say that Ovidrel left my body today, 10 days after the injection. Somehow it was nice to see a positive every day, even knowing that it was just from the trigger. At least now I know what that second line looks like! :nerd:[/QUOTE]

Thanks! 1st IUI went great - second one in about an hour!:cross:

You are funny with the testing - I have thought to do that too, but so far, I’ve held out. You’re numbers are very good - wishing you much luck this cycle!

Hamlet - :cross: for a BFP!
LaughingCat - :cross: that the Clomid did it’s job!
Meli - I’m also on marriage #2. No kids with the first, and hoping I didn’t wait too long! Finding happiness later in life certainly has it’s highs and lows! :babydust: to you!
Kris - Nice to see you on here again! :cross: for Friday the 13th!
Aljooore - I’m trying to be as hopeful as you are! :babydust:

And to you girls and everyone else :babydust: and wishing the new year brings us everything we’re hoping for!!

Need Advice

Hi Ladies - me again.

I Just had the 2nd of my b2b IUIs, and for the 1st time ever, I’m experiencing some mild discomfort/cramping. This actually started during the procedure. Is this normal?

Also, I’d like anyone’s advice on this… My lining is a bit thin this month at a 6. I know they like to have at least 7, so I asked if I should take anything to thicken it up before implantation. I was told no, that the RE isn’t too concerned. Based on you experience, is this something that I should push back on?

Thanks, ladies! :babydust: to everyone!!

[quote=Elb7913]Hi Ladies - me again.

I Just had the 2nd of my b2b IUIs, and for the 1st time ever, I’m experiencing some mild discomfort/cramping. This actually started during the procedure. Is this normal?

Also, I’d like anyone’s advice on this… My lining is a bit thin this month at a 6. I know they like to have at least 7, so I asked if I should take anything to thicken it up before implantation. I was told no, that the RE isn’t too concerned. Based on you experience, is this something that I should push back on?

Thanks, ladies! :babydust: to everyone!![/quote]

The cramping is totally normal. It doesn’t always happen, but sometimes they can nick the side of your cervix or uterus with the catheter which can cause some mild cramping and sometimes a little bit of spotting. They say just to take some advil or whatever you would take for AF cramps and within a day or two you should be fine. No cause for concern! :slight_smile:

Looks like I’m out this cycle:(. :af: Showed this morning. Looks like I’m having the uterine polyp removed next Wednesday so I’ll be out this next cycle. Good luck to all of you…I’ll be praying for you girls!