January 2016 Cycle Buddies

I guess I’ll kick this thread off.
I’m in my feelings today. Remembering the pregnancy we lost last June. Remembering that we were supposed to be close to delivering our 2nd child this month. Realizing that the date of my next period falls on my old due date, January 22… I’m really hoping that everything will come full circle this month. Ok. I’m done being Debbie Downer.
Hopefully 2016 will be our year!

Where are we at with the group? I think CPike is the only one waiting to test/beta. Is everyone else waiting to get started this month?

I’m exactly halfway through my tww. I know everyone else is just getting started, but here’s a hand breakdown of the two week wait to help keep perspective while going crazy. It helps me a little bit anyways!
https://glowing.com/community/topic/72057594037976919/your-two-week-wait-day-by-day

I started Clomid last Monday. I go for an US on 1/6. I will likely trigger on the 6th or 7th as long as I have follies on my left side.

I went to the doctor on Thursday and I am starting he next round of follistem shots today. My period finally cane Friday morning so today is day 3. I’m praying to at least 7 saints of infertility 2 times a day, because let’s face it, any help is appreciated, so hopefully this will work this time around. trying to stay positive… My sister in law announced that she is pregnant, so I’m dealing with that as well.

How is everyone doing so far? Any progression? I’m on day 3 of the FSH shots and really hoping my husband’s count and motility is good this month… I’ve been praying to about 7 different infertility saints, can use all the help I can get!!!

I’m just trucking along! I’ll probably test Sat right on the two week mark. We’re feeling very positive this round. I haven’t had any “real” symptoms that I can’t explain away as paranoia or progesterone. (I’m taking 4 pellets of ProgonB orally, not Dr’s orders, but I had it on hand and it wouldn’t hurt.) I have had some abdominal twinges over the last few days, and very mild, localized cramping today. It’s too early for my PMS cramps so it could be a baby!! Or it could be a poop. You never know!

I’m definitely feeling like the human version of Schrodinger’s cat right now. How is everyone else!

I’m hoping you get that BFP!!!

Just waiting to call my REs office to see where we are at with my insurance company. I’ll probably call tomorrow. After that, hopefully I’ll finally start my first medicated cycle by the end of the month.

CPIKE, hopefully you’ll turn this losing streak around with a BFP!
Christine, hopefully your insurance company gets it together soon so you can start! Will your insurance cover the ultrasound? If they will, maybe you can just pay for the IUI yourself? I pay $200 for the IUI, and $40 for sperm washing if I am using an ICI sample. Maybe the insurance can reimburse you later?

I had my ultrasound this morning. It usually takes me 20-25 min to get to my RE, but today there was a really bad accident on the highway. It took me 2 hrs to get to my appointment! I was 1.5 hours late! Thank goodness they were able to squeeze me in. I was a bit panicked. Looks like I have 2 follies; one on each side. I will trigger tomorrow evening, and have the IUI Saturday morning. This time around I’m going to try to keep busy. I’ve been going to Zumba 2 nights a week. I plan on continuing that until I get good and pregnant. Usually I stop going to Zumba class after I have the IUI, and I just sit around “resting” and obsessing over symptoms. Not this time! Maybe the exercise will get some good blood flow to my uterus and help the bean stick! Fingers crossed.

Cpike - Staying super positive for you! I still admire your bravery for being able to hold out the full two weeks!

Christine - Ugh, insurance! I’d have thought they would have gotten that sorted by now! Really kind of makes you wonder what you pay them for. (Though the COPAYS for my IUIs were like $250 each so I guess there is something to be said for when they stop jerking you around…)

Ahlyssa - fingers crossed for you too! Well, for your husband anyway.

ShePea - I’m glad they got you in to see! And yay for having a follie on both sides; that’s pretty impressive! I really hope this is the one though; 4th try and everything… not that there’s really anything special about that but, sheesh.

January has to make up for the two straight months of negativity, right? D:

We go for our ultrasound on Monday… last month we had to do an additional 5 days of Femara after the first ultrasound because my follicles were not as big as they had hoped… Hoping this time to be able to trigger. :slight_smile:

This morning I had an intense wave of nausea and since I had to go home early anyways, I decided to go home and test. Visions of balloons and “Congratulations Daddy” signs were crushed at yet another BFN single line.

To say I’m crushed is an understatement, but even at 13dpiui, I’m not completely out yet. I could use some prayers, ladies! My clinic won’t schedule a beta without a positive HPT, and I’m half tempted to lie just to get in. Anybody heard of a late BFP for an IUI?

[QUOTE=“CPIKE, post: 1792428, member: 86105”]This morning I had an intense wave of nausea and since I had to go home early anyways, I decided to go home and test. Visions of balloons and “Congratulations Daddy” signs were crushed at yet another BFN single line.

To say I’m crushed is an understatement, but even at 13dpiui, I’m not completely out yet. I could use some prayers, ladies! My clinic won’t schedule a beta without a positive HPT, and I’m half tempted to lie just to get in. Anybody heard of a late BFP for an IUI?[/QUOTE]
Aww man! Well, it ain’t over til AF shows!

[QUOTE=“CPIKE, post: 1792428, member: 86105”]This morning I had an intense wave of nausea and since I had to go home early anyways, I decided to go home and test. Visions of balloons and “Congratulations Daddy” signs were crushed at yet another BFN single line.

To say I’m crushed is an understatement, but even at 13dpiui, I’m not completely out yet. I could use some prayers, ladies! My clinic won’t schedule a beta without a positive HPT, and I’m half tempted to lie just to get in. Anybody heard of a late BFP for an IUI?[/QUOTE]

Aw, maaaan. Yes, I’ve heard of women not getting BFPs until the morning of their betas. Some people process HCG different than others, some tests are more sensitive than others, etc, etc, etc… but it isn’t all that common a thing. Yeah, technically it isn’t over until AF shows but by 13ish days after…

I can’t say I haven’t hoped upon hope for a late BFP, but I’m always skeptical too. I’m sorry you have to experience that crushing feeling again. I think it’s best to test again in the morning when your urine will be the most concentrated, but I think I would expect the same result. :frowning:

My IUI went well this morning. We had a good sample. 60% motile. Total motile 31.5 million. Hopefully one of those swimmers fertilizes the egg! My beta is scheduled for 1/25.

I’ve missed you all…we took December off. I have my u/s tomorrow and will do Ovidrel and have done a course of clomid. I’m so sorry cpike! I’m hoping my little eggs are all rested up this month

She pea 31.5 million holy moly awesome!!

Yea! We have a great donor; pretty consistent! Now I just wish my eggs and body would cooperate. We took December off too. It was a nice break. No thinking about fertility.