January injectibles!

Hi ladies,
this forum has been a little quiet (probably the holidays :slight_smile:

I started the January thread since it’s almost here and I miss everyone lol.

I did 3 injectibles cycles with follistim and 3 diff triggers (Ovidrel, Novarel, and Pregnyl), and now about to start 1st IVF cycle. I received all meds yesterday and HOLY HELL!! there were A LOT! follistim, ovidrel, ganirelix, and pio. whew! lol

Hi Trinity,

I am not doing IVF we are doing TI. I start the Follistim on the 6th and hopefully trigger this time. I am looking forward to seeing where this cycle goes this time :slight_smile: Good luck to you!!!

Hi guys! I am new to this forum…looking into injectables. any advice or pregnancy success stories?

Hello! :welcome:

The only advice I can think of is to make sure you let the alcohol COMPLETELY dry on skin (injection site) before sticking yourself- this way it won’t sting. Doing it quickly will also ensure a pain free injection.

People have had lots of luck in this forum with injectibles. I personally like Follistim because they overfill (so a 600iu will really be more like a 700), and this saves money :slight_smile:

Hey gals - hoping to be doing injection cycle the middle of the month. I have been using a combination of oral meds along with Gonal F and Repronex. My last cycle was my best in follicle size. It also led to my first pregnancy, but it unfortunately ended in miscarriage.

As far as any suggestions to get through a cycle with injections, I have to say that I like having my hubby give me the shots - I am kind of a pansy about it myself. :wink:

Good luck this month! :flower:

[quote=KOKO8]Hey gals - hoping to be doing injection cycle the middle of the month. I have been using a combination of oral meds along with Gonal F and Repronex. My last cycle was my best in follicle size. It also led to my first pregnancy, but it unfortunately ended in miscarriage.

As far as any suggestions to get through a cycle with injections, I have to say that I like having my hubby give me the shots - I am kind of a pansy about it myself. :wink:

Good luck this month! :flower:[/quote]

My hubby will have to give me the progesterone shots (IM) and I’m kinda nervous about it because he always pretends to do it in a stabbing motion (reminds me of pulp fiction lol)

Hello

This is my 3 injectibles cycles with Gonal F … Hopefully this our last cycle and we all can see :bfp: this month.

[quote=SA057]Hello

This is my 3 injectibles cycles with Gonal F … Hopefully this our last cycle and we all can see :bfp: this month.[/quote]

How many mature follies did you get? (previously)

Hello Trinity,

I had 2 mature follicles… but unfortunetly it ended up:bfn: …but this is my last IUI.

[QUOTE=Trinity]How many mature follies did you get? (previously)[/QUOTE]

Hi Everyone!
I am new to injectibles… just started my first shot yesterday! Hoping this new treatment is the trick! Good Luck to everyone! I do have a question, what does everyone feel about exercise. Its how I deal with stress and workout about 4-5 days a week. I read no “impact” activity. Anyone have any advise on what to do, not to do?

Thanks!!

Its a time for HCG trigger…and my IUI is scheduled on thursday…:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Well my E2 is only 108 and follicle size is 19mm…
Let :cross: for this time :bfp:

[QUOTE=SA057]Its a time for HCG trigger…and my IUI is scheduled on thursday…:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Well my E2 is only 108 and follicle size is 19mm…
Let :cross: for this time :bfp:[/QUOTE]

Good luck!! :slight_smile:

Amy10- I have been told that I didn’t need to change my workouts. I would ask you RE though just to make sure. I took 2 weeks off during Christmas and I plan on getting back into it tomorrow.

SA057- Good Luck…keep us posted :slight_smile:

KOKO8- No way can I give myself shots. My hubby gives them to me too. I can’t even look when he gives me the shots :slight_smile:

Can everyone tell me what injectibles you have used, and what results you got? My apt is tmrw for CD2 baseline scan, and will get DH SA results…if numbers are in our favor, then we are planning on trying injectibles.
:bsv: to all of us…lets get that :bfp: this month

[quote=JMiller10]Can everyone tell me what injectibles you have used, and what results you got? My apt is tmrw for CD2 baseline scan, and will get DH SA results…if numbers are in our favor, then we are planning on trying injectibles.
:bsv: to all of us…lets get that :bfp: this month[/quote]

I did 3 injectible cycles with combo of femara & follistim and had good responses (usually 3 follies). Unfortunately I have a high tendency of LUFS so I didn’t have much success (this in addition to having damaged tubes). I like follistim because they overfill and this can save money

I did Follistim last cycle at 225 but I over stimulated. I wil be starting again on the 6th but with 150 Follistim.

Mine fluctuated b/t 150iu and 100iu…good luck this cycle!

[COLOR=“Red”]Amy - Hi - I missed your post yesterday. As far as exercise goes, I workout normally (3-4 days of strength training and cardio a week) during the beginning of my stimmed cycle. I do cut it back the longer I’m on the meds, because I usually start to feel my swollen ovaries about day 8 or so. I still do my cardio, but try to avoid anything strenuous on my stomach. After my IUI, I have been told to take it easy for a few days without working out, but that is debatable, and many ladies are told something different from their doctors. Once I do begin to workout again, I am not as strenuous and make sure to not overheat until I know whether or not I’m pregnant. Hope this helps!

[COLOR=“Red”]Anna - I don’t look when my hubby gives me shots either - I close my eyes every time! I saw that you overstimmed your last cycle, that stinks! The same thing happened to me in July, and it was SO frustrating. Good luck on this cycle! :slight_smile:

[COLOR=“Red”]JMiller - I have been on a combo of Femara, Gonal-F and then Repronex. I also have Ovidrel as my trigger shot.

ok ladies…CD2 baseline scan today. everything looks good. DH sperm count doubled, and motility is 10x better! clomid really worked for him. Dr is outting me on Follistim 150iu starting CD3, I go in for my next scan on Monday CD 7 to see where we are at!

[QUOTE=JMiller10]ok ladies…CD2 baseline scan today. everything looks good. DH sperm count doubled, and motility is 10x better! clomid really worked for him. Dr is outting me on Follistim 150iu starting CD3, I go in for my next scan on Monday CD 7 to see where we are at![/QUOTE]

That is awesome that Clomid worked for your hubby! I have wondered about using that myself as my husband’s problem is the same. Did he do it for 3 months?