Jealous and "broken"...

so I work with this woman who is also my friend. She is one of those people who are just good at life, you know what I mean? She has a nice house, a husband that makes good money, great clothes, and she is very talented and artistic. I confided in her late summer that my DH and I were “trying”. She was asking me all these tips so that she would have a good chance of conceiving when they started trying. She got off the pill in September, found out she was pregnant in October. don’t get me wrong, I am very happy for her, but what bugs me is that her and my boss were " scared" to tell me because of how I would react. Wth?! I’m not broken. Just because I haven’t gotten Pregnant yet, doesn’t mean I won’t. And, yes, all day I have to hear about her and how her body is changing and blah, blah, blah. She is a chunky girl and she is only 12 weeks pregnant. she swears its a “bump” but I told her that she is just bloated. I mean, come on, does she know how tiny the fetus is right now?!

Ugh, just wanted to vent. On a happy note, I am in my 2ww. We aren’t telling ANYONE that we are trying.

[quote=marap]so I work with this woman who is also my friend. She is one of those people who are just good at life, you know what I mean? She has a nice house, a husband that makes good money, great clothes, and she is very talented and artistic. I confided in her late summer that my DH and I were “trying”. She was asking me all these tips so that she would have a good chance of conceiving when they started trying. She got off the pill in September, found out she was pregnant in October. don’t get me wrong, I am very happy for her, but what bugs me is that her and my boss were " scared" to tell me because of how I would react. Wth?! I’m not broken. Just because I haven’t gotten Pregnant yet, doesn’t mean I won’t. And, yes, all day I have to hear about her and how her body is changing and blah, blah, blah. She is a chunky girl and she is only 12 weeks pregnant. she swears its a “bump” but I told her that she is just bloated. I mean, come on, does she know how tiny the fetus is right now?!

Ugh, just wanted to vent. On a happy note, I am in my 2ww. We aren’t telling ANYONE that we are trying.[/quote]

Good luck!!! :cheer:

Omg the same thing happened to me! Me and DH are going on our third round of IVF. I didn’t want anyway in our office to know ( DH and I work together). DH decided to tell his boss and now it seems everybody knows. Anyway, there is a lady in her early 40’s who was trying for her third. Anway around the time she found out she was pregnant was around the time when I miscarried. And they didn’t want to tell me! WTH like you said, we aren’t broken. It hurts we are struggling but that doesn’t mean we can’t handle other people’s news! Ugh, when they try to “spare” our feelings, they wind up hurting them more. Good luck to you this year!!!

I agree with you 100%! Don’t make us out to be less than a woman or something. Sheesh, some people just don’t get it.

I wish you the best on your 3rd IVF!!!