July 2 week wait....anyone else?

Hi there,

I just had my embroys transferred yesterday, and am now in the two week wait (all of our favorite part lol). Just wondering if anyone else out there is in their 2ww also?

This is our 3rd IVF round (first after my surgery in May that removed my Endometriosis). We had 12 eggs removed this past Tuesday, and all 12 fertilized (10 were 8 cells; 2 were 6 cells)…which was amazing b/c that was not the case in our first IVF.

Anyways, hope there are some more 2ww’s our there!

Vanessa

Hi Vanessa,

I read your post and wanted to wish you good luck!! That’s great that all 12 embryos made it, fingers crossed for these 3 embryos.

Take it easy, relax and stay positive!! Hopefully, the 2ww will go by fast…

Alexis.

Me, me, me! I also had my transfer today. Hoping for a :bfp: and to remain sane!! :slight_smile: good luck!! :bsv:

Alexis, thank you so much that is so sweet of you to stop by and say! Best of luck to you where ever you are in this crazy process :slight_smile:

jhpcoal…yah! glad we’re both in the 2ww club! lol
best of luck to you, and may you stay relaxed and worry-free!

Also Alexis, congrats on the 2 boys and good luck with the delivery…it looks like any day now according to your signature!
:cheer: :thankyou: :clap:

Thank you Vanessa, I’m also in kind of a “2ww” too (waiting for them to sigal they want to come out). I thought I was done with the waiting!

Seriously, these two weeks can either make you or break you emotionally. Take it easy, try not to stress, follow Re’s recommendations. Also, talk to your embies and touch your belly. Out of ALL my FET’s with the last one I spoke to my “embies”, made the best effort to be stress free and drank red wine (at the time had to since I was on a business trip). Later on, I found out that red wine helps with implantation…

Good luck and keep us posted!! Sending you baby dust.

Alexis.

Lexis - red wine helps with implantation?? Sign me up… Lol. I :pray: you have a successful delivery, how exciting 2 boys!!

[QUOTE=jhpcoal]Lexis - red wine helps with implantation?? Sign me up… Lol. I :pray: you have a successful delivery,
how exciting 2 boys!![/QUOTE]

Thank you so much Jhpcoal!! Yes, red wine helps implantation in moderation of course lol On my last transfer I had to go on a business trip. Few nights, I was put in the spot I had to drink some red wine. I don’t even like red wine but had some.

When I came back I had to “confess” to my RE’s nurse that I drank while I was on the 2ww. She then showed me a study about how red wine helps the uterine lining…

For me it worked and I know other women on here that has worked for them as well. I can’t tell you to “do it” but I’m sharing what has worked for few of us ;o)

Good luck ladies!! If you ever have any questions or anything feel free to PM me.

Alexis.

Alexis, I guess the waiting is never over huh? lol
Totally worth every second though! I’m so happy for you and can imagine you are so excited to meet you little men!!!

Thanks so much for the advice an reommendations. That is crazy about red wine…I didn’t know that, but will definitely try it out (since “implantation” is right around the corner over the next few days hopefully).

One thing that really had me stressing yesterday was that I’ve been totally “backed up”…and yesterday morning was straining a lot with a lot of cramping/pushing trying to have a BM. Finally happened, but have you ever heard anything about straining while going #2 affecting implantation chances? I know it’s all in God’s hands, and have stopped worrying about it (b/c there’s absolutely nothing I can do), but just curious if you’ve ever heard anything on the subject.

jhpcoal- how are you doing?

Praying for :bsv: for us (jhpcoal), and a healthy/easy delivery for you Alexis!

As much as I’d love s glass of wine, I don’t think I can do it! I think I’d be too paranoid. How has your pregnancy been with twins? I’m hoping for twins!

Vanessa- I haven’t heard of that situation affecting implantation but I would stop worrying about it, like you said because there’s nothing you can do! Although, I did think about it while I was sneezing! :wink:

I’m doing fine though, I have some cramps off and on? But I feel ok. I took tomorrow off of work because I thought I would have a 5 day transfer so I have one more day to relax! My doctor didn’t recommend bed rest so I’ve just been sitting around and relaxing! How bout you?

Jess

I’m glad you’re doing good. I’ve been getting the cramping with occassional super sharp pains, but 2 IVFs ago I had OHSS (which was beyond painful) so this time around has been a lot better compared to that.

I’m glad you took tomorrow off and are resting! My Dr said to “take it easy” for a few days, but nothing strict or specific. I also took tomorrow off just to get another day of “low-key” activity in before going back (my job is kind of physically invoved at times).

So when is your next appt? I go back this Tuesday for a progestrone level check, and then after that the 19th for the PT.

Hi Ladies,

JH; I totally understand your fears, always do what you feel comfortable. Glad you took the day off, so you can relax. I don’t believe on “bed rest” either. All my prior transfers I did complete bed rest. On my last one I only took it easy and it worked…I do believe stress does play a major part. So, try to stay relaxed and doing stuff to keep your mind from the terrible wait game. How are you feeling? Any reason why the Dr’s decided from a 5 day transfer to a 3? If you don’t mind me asking. Really, you want twins? Let me tell you the last weeks carrying twins aint easy!! Everything hurts, even breathing. Totally worth it but ready to go back being one person instead of 3!! Hehe

Vanessa; Oh believe me the worrying never stops!! Get prepared after you get pregnant to worry about every single thing. Anyways, no going #2 doesn’t do anything yo does embryos. I felt the same way when I implanted my twinkies, I was even afraid to walk. Kept thinking they could “fall off”. My RE explained that NOTHING will make the embryos “fall off”…iF you don’t mind me saying, you shoild take a stool softner. I used to drink/eat prunes to avoid strauning my self when going #2 (sorry if tmi). How are you feeling?

Keeping fingers and prayers for both of you!!

Alexis.

Hi everyone… hope you don’t mind if I join your group as we wait. I’m actually doing an ET today in just a few hours. :clap:
I had my ER last week, Wednesday and had 22 eggs, 21 fertilized with ICSI and 16 made it to the following morning. I don’t know how many there will be today until we meet with the embryologist before the transfer.
Hopefully all of us playing the waiting game will come out winning!!! :cross:

-Karim

[QUOTE=KteachesK]Hi everyone… hope you don’t mind if I join your group as we wait. I’m actually doing an ET today in just a few hours. :clap:
I had my ER last week, Wednesday and had 22 eggs, 21 fertilized with ICSI and 16 made it to the following morning. I don’t know how many there will be today until we meet with the embryologist before the transfer.
Hopefully all of us playing the waiting game will come out winning!!! :cross:

-Karim[/QUOTE]

GOOD LUCK! :cheer: and :welcome: to this board :slight_smile: those are great results!!

I actually don’t have to go back until the 17th for the pregnancy test. I have a physical job as well, I’m a veterinary technician. I haven’t officially told my boss what I’ve been doing so I need to do that I suppose as there will be restrictions. I’m a little nervous bout going back, but I’ll just try not to wrestle animals… :wink: I’m glad that you have the day off too… A little extra time to let the embryos sink in. :cross:

My doctor did a 3 day transfer because I had 11 mature eggs but only 5 were fertilized by ICSI and by day 2 only 3 looked good. Sooo they had to go back into me! They are still keeping the other 3 that weren’t transferred to see if they can be frozen on day 6! I didn’t initially want twins but I figured if I end up with twins, I wouldn’t be upset! I am going only slightly crazy with the Internet and googling everything I can think of. But anyway, I’m hoping that you get back to being one person ASAP! When do you think you will deliver? Soon!?!!

I am new… had my ET on Friday… July 5th so I am currently going crazy … this is my second ivf…I successfully had twins 7 years ago… this time I had icsi and had 3 embryos transferred… all grade b…1 9 cell, 1 8 cell and 1 7 cell… going for the same results as before… having lots of cramps… paying for the days to go quickly… hope everyone is successful!:cross:

[QUOTE=Mommyto6]I am new… had my ET on Friday… July 5th so I am currently going crazy … this is my second ivf…I successfully had twins 7 years ago… this time I had icsi and had 3 embryos transferred… all grade b…1 9 cell, 1 8 cell and 1 7 cell… going for the same results as before… having lots of cramps… paying for the days to go quickly… hope everyone is successful!:cross:[/QUOTE]

:welcome: to the group and congrats on the previous successful IVF! I hope we are all successful this time around! When is your test? Did you do a 3 day transfer?

3 day transfer, yes, i have 1 in extended culture to see if i can freeze. my beta is on the 7/19. For me this is the worst part of IVF…I can the shots and all the testing, but the waiting kills me…I am a very impatient person.

Hi Mommyto 6…I’m glad you joined us! looks like our beta is on the same day! Yes, I agree this is a difficult part. Best thing is to relax, and we can get through it! How are you feeling? When will you know if the other one was able to have been froze?

Alexis, how are you doing? Any projected date for your boys to arrive? Or is it just a day by day wait? Are you doing Csection or vaginal delivery? Also, i can totally imagine the worrying never stops and only increases! Every cramp, gas bubble, wierd feeling…lol mom’s are amazing! I actually started taking colace (recommendation from my RE) and it’s been helping…haha sounds so silly to think I was worried I would shake them out while trying to poop…it’s funny what our minds worry about though :woohoo:

Karim…:welcome: and best of luck today! Those are great numbers! Relax, think positive, and as usual we all will be thinking :bsv: for everyone :slight_smile:

JH: That’s awesome you’re a vet tech! Definitely a physical job! I work with kids with autism so the physical part really concerns my husband (me too, but more so him lol). Everyone at my work, though is very supportive and knows I have “medical things” going and can’t lift kids to assist with diaper changes/etc (some of our kids are in wheelchairs too). Just talk with your boss…I’m sure they’ll understand :slight_smile: I’m not sure how much “lifting” and straining to pick an animal (or kids in my case) up have to do w/ IVF success, but if it’s a factor at all it’s definitely worth not doing for a few weeks. That’s great you don’t have to go back until the 17th! I had issues in the past with progesterone levels so they have me come back to check…fingers crossed the levels stay up, up, up!

How has everyone been feeling? My first fresh IVF cycle was a nightmare b/c I had moderate-severe OHSS (ovarian hyper stimulation syndrome). Basically pain, pain, pain, and swelling, and just awfulness. On my 2nd IVF cycle it was a FET so the majority of the pain came from the progesterone oil shots each night and it got to the point where my entire upper butt was knotted & black and blue. THEN they found out i had endometriosis, removed it, and here I am on IVF round 3, and with very minimal pain. My husband and I are amazed at the difference this time around, and that the endometriosis basically was the culprit causing all the pain over the past two rounds. My butt is definitely very sore from the progesterone oil shots each night, but it’s absolutely manageable. Is anyone else on the nightly oil shots? If so, the thing we’ve found that helps is massaging the butt each night…it REALLY is uncomfortable/hurts, but helps the next day and throughout the whole process. Also, if you lift your foot up while DH is giving you the injection (same foot as side shot is being injected in to) it forces you to relax your butt muscle and it hurts less (because you can’t tighten up).

Didn’t mean to over-share (haha), but I figured if my experience helps anyone who may have questions I want to help :slight_smile:

Just read you had twins with your last IVF…that is awesome…congrats! Thinking about you today, and let us know how it goes!