July 2013 FET

Its getting closer to July!! Anyone else going to be doing a FET in July? This will be our 4th ivf procedure… really hoping for our miracle this time!!

We are thinking of doing FET in July. We have never done it, and have 4 blasts so the possibility is def there! Good luck!

You can add me to your group! We had a failed IVF fresh cycle in March, and had 1 frozen 6-day expanded blast that we are :pray: gives us a baby in July! I wish we had more to freeze, but very thankfully to at least have 1.

So for the next 2 months, I’m getting back to Zumba classes and getting healthy again :slight_smile:

July FET!

We are doing a single FET in July! Anyone else transferring one? So exciting!!! Also, anyone else told to call with their May cycle? Does that mean I will be starting bcp this month? This is my first FET and it’s so different than ivf (yay!) I’m clueless. but excited!!

Another single FET! YaY! I don’t feel alone! I was wondering when I should call the clinic also… this is my first FET so I’m clueless with you! I would think you would call with June cycle for transfer in July. But I think I’m going to call in the next week just to ask.
I think I’m going to do Uterine Stratching this time… supposed to help with implantation. Doc said he can’t hurt.

Definitely looking forward to less medications! That will be nice for my belly and my pocket!

BTW— Congrats on your twins! What a blessing!

Hi ladies!!! Hoping4 - we’d love for you to join us if you do a FET! Congrats on twins! :slight_smile:

Shellycoste - your frozen one sounds great though!! FETs have higher success rate at my lab than fresh. They’re easier too, less monitoring less shots!

Bookgirl - congrats on your twins!! Love reading that this process does work! This will be my second FET, so I know how it works but jam not an expert!! Lol. I am going to call with my June period… but don’t want to start cycle until after my 30th birthday! Which is July 5th.

Really praying we get babies this cycle ladies!!!

Joining you all

Ladies we have two frozen embryos and are going to be doing FET in July. I am going to be getting the Beta results for my April cycle today, but I know that it has not worked. It sucks big time.
Anyways, hoping that the FET cycle works for all of us and gives us a baby.

[quote=shellycoste]Another single FET! YaY! I don’t feel alone! I was wondering when I should call the clinic also… this is my first FET so I’m clueless with you! I would think you would call with June cycle for transfer in July. But I think I’m going to call in the next week just to ask.
I think I’m going to do Uterine Stratching this time… supposed to help with implantation. Doc said he can’t hurt.

Definitely looking forward to less medications! That will be nice for my belly and my pocket!

BTW— Congrats on your twins! What a blessing![/quote]

Had to look up Uterine Stratching! (and google kept correcting to uterine stretching)- Looks like it really increases implantation rates! That’s awesome! Thank God for technology- so very unnatural but miraculous and His hand is upon it all! Without it, I wouldn’t have my sweet girls! Praying for all of you ladies!!!

[QUOTE=shilwil]Ladies we have two frozen embryos and are going to be doing FET in July. I am going to be getting the Beta results for my April cycle today, but I know that it has not worked. It sucks big time.
Anyways, hoping that the FET cycle works for all of us and gives us a baby.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear BFN! Hopefully FETs in July we will all get BFP and take home babies!

LOL… thats funny… stretching! My nurse emailed me today and said to do it on day 21 of the previous cycle you plan to do FET.

I just got my drug list… estrace, Lupron, Crinone, PIO, baby aspirin, prenatals.

And just figured out that my insurance will cover Crinone and PIO since they are pregnancy supporting meds, and not infertility! Psshhh, I just paid $450 in January for Crinone, so I’m definitely asking for reimbursement! BC my insurance sees ‘Infertility’ and they put the brakes on!!

How’s everyone’s day doing?

Hi All,

Received a :bfn: from IVF #1 on 5/2. Bummer but time to move on.

We have 2 frozen blastos waiting for us. Not sure about the grades but I know they are not as good as the fresh 3-day embabies we transferred - which were grade 2 & 3 - so I don’t have high hopes for our FET in July.

I’m kinda hoping the less medicated/inflamed uterus will compensate a little for the not to great blastos.

What I’m really hoping for is that my next 2WW won’t be as torturous as my first!! Maybe if I go into thinking it prolly won’t work, the whole waiting thing won’t be so painful.

If only we could get liquored up. lol

[quote=shellycoste]LOL… thats funny… stretching! My nurse emailed me today and said to do it on day 21 of the previous cycle you plan to do FET.

I just got my drug list… estrace, Lupron, Crinone, PIO, baby aspirin, prenatals.

And just figured out that my insurance will cover Crinone and PIO since they are pregnancy supporting meds, and not infertility! Psshhh, I just paid $450 in January for Crinone, so I’m definitely asking for reimbursement! BC my insurance sees ‘Infertility’ and they put the brakes on!!

How’s everyone’s day doing?[/quote]

Insurance is ridiculous in my opinion. Infertility is a disease of reproductive organs. Why on earth do we as a society consider it a health problem when every other organ refuses to work but when it has to do with reproduction it’s faux pas to discuss or even consider insurance coverage. Really disappointing. My insurance covered some things like that for my last IVF as well because my OB called them in instead of my RE. That was so nice. Saved a ton!

Beautiful day today in the midwest! Loved soaking up some sun. Hope you gals were able to as well. I called today with cycle day 1. I have a baseline u/s on friday. I am ready to get this started! But also I would be lying if it didn’t also come with an entire reminder of the emotional roller-coaster of infertility. I kind of thought I had escaped it for a while! In a way I guess I did in that I have two from my previous cycle. Nothing is like the anxiety when waiting for the first. nothing. I truly am praying for all of you. He will give you the desires of your heart.

[quote=rj1234]Hi All,

Received a :bfn: from IVF #1 on 5/2. Bummer but time to move on.

We have 2 frozen blastos waiting for us. Not sure about the grades but I know they are not as good as the fresh 3-day embabies we transferred - which were grade 2 & 3 - so I don’t have high hopes for our FET in July.

I’m kinda hoping the less medicated/inflamed uterus will compensate a little for the not to great blastos.

What I’m really hoping for is that my next 2WW won’t be as torturous as my first!! Maybe if I go into thinking it prolly won’t work, the whole waiting thing won’t be so painful.

If only we could get liquored up. lol[/quote]

I’m sorry you’re hurting. I will say I have heard several stories of FET’s being more successful for that very reason!!! You’re uterus isn’t so medicated and able to accept the embryos much better! Praying for you!

FET July 18

First time posting here. We took a five year break from ivf after 1 mc and 2 bfn. We had 2 embryos left so we thought what if these our the babies for us? Honestly I do not think it will work i think this is my way to protect my heart. Is that bad? If it does not work we will pursue adoption. This round will be different bc we will do assisted hatching and no progesterone shots just pills and suppositories. Also we have opted not to tell our family and friends this timemso i will most likely go out of my mind. I start bc tomorrow. Hope all you get :bfp: this round.

:welcome: Hockeygoof14

I’m sorry to hear about mc and bfn :frowning:

We only have 1 embryo in frozen, but we just couldn’t see ourselves not at least trying with just 1, you never know!

This is our first FET, and have definitely opted not to tell anyone! Only his parents, b/c they have to watch our pups while we go out of town for our cycle. We made the mistake telling everyone under the sun when we did a cycle this past march, that it was so heartbreaking to re-tell each person that it didn’t work. And then I felt like people would act different around me, I know they felt sorry but it always made it worst for me. So this time it’s private between us. I think that’s the best way.

[QUOTE=Hockeygoof14]First time posting here. We took a five year break from ivf after 1 mc and 2 bfn. We had 2 embryos left so we thought what if these our the babies for us? Honestly I do not think it will work i think this is my way to protect my heart. Is that bad? If it does not work we will pursue adoption. This round will be different bc we will do assisted hatching and no progesterone shots just pills and suppositories. Also we have opted not to tell our family and friends this timemso i will most likely go out of my mind. I start bc tomorrow. Hope all you get :bfp: this round.[/QUOTE]

Hi ladies, first time posting here. We had hoped to do our first FET in June, but I just found out today we’re going to have to delay until late June, Early July b/c my body wasn’t responding correctly to the Lupron injections :frowning:

Hockeygoof: I’m also fighting the thought process of questioning this process. It’s so hard to have our hearts broken again and again… Whether its getting a BFN every month when you’re trying to conceive naturally, or being disappointed after a failed round of IVF…it’s so hard…

I’m almost glad our June FET is delayed…I don’t think mentally I’m back to being positive enough for another round… If that makes sense. A little bit of time might not be a bad thing.

Anyways, your words resonated with me. Thank you and I send you good vibes and happy thoughts. :bsv:

[quote=Rose1529]Hi ladies, first time posting here. We had hoped to do our first FET in June, but I just found out today we’re going to have to delay until late June, Early July b/c my body wasn’t responding correctly to the Lupron injections :frowning:

Hockeygoof: I’m also fighting the thought process of questioning this process. It’s so hard to have our hearts broken again and again… Whether its getting a BFN every month when you’re trying to conceive naturally, or being disappointed after a failed round of IVF…it’s so hard…

I’m almost glad our June FET is delayed…I don’t think mentally I’m back to being positive enough for another round… If that makes sense. A little bit of time might not be a bad thing.

Anyways, your words resonated with me. Thank you and I send you good vibes and happy thoughts. :bsv:[/quote]

Sorry you have to delay :frowning: But Yes I really believe a little time is needed! That’s why we are waiting 4 months between our failed IVF and our FET. I wanted to at least get back to feeling normal again, physically and mentally before jumping back on this rollercoaster of emotions.

My nurse just sent my medications to the pharmacy! Now the nervousness and excitement starts! Just got to wait for my June :af: to start and here we go!

Luckily my OBgyn had 2 months worth of Crinone samples to give me for free! I never even thought about asking them. I just called them and ask to re-write the rx for me so my insurance would pay and she said she had samples! Just a thought to put out there in case any of you ladies are on Crinone. Never hurts to ask :slight_smile:

so it begins…again!

My CD3 u/s went well. I start bcp today! Transfer date is July 23rd. Crazy. Excited to get started but also nervous about all of the hormones/weight gain/hot flash mess. I need to remember that this is going to be so different from IVF last time though! only bcp, estrace and progesterone. Though bcp and progesterone in itself turn me into a grouch… never been on estrace. Might as well add some more hormones to the mix. probably can’t get worse… my poor husband. Already praying for him. :wink: I am just now feeling like the old me after last time as far as weight gain goes-SO worth it though! Any one else started anything yet? What is everyone’s regimen. My nurse mentioned a saline u/s… hope that doesn’t hurt as bad as that dang hsg. that thing sucked.

July FET

[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=3]Hello ladies! I’d like to join your group if you don’t mind? We received our FET calendar yesterday. Were scheduled for July 9th. For now I’m on Lupron until June 15th then I’ll add in Heparin, Prednisone & Estrace. PIO begins July 5th. It seems like this will be the longest 8 weeks of my life! Our PGD results should be in on Friday :cross: for healthy embryos. [/SIZE][/FONT]

Hello all!
Just had a bfn (was pregnant for a week before it decided it didn’t want to grow) for my April FET and had my WTF?! meeting with RE yesterday. I’m currently waiting for AF after that failed and RE wants me to wait one more cycle after that. That puts me at a July transfer for my last try. We have 1 low-grade frosty left, so hoping it works. We had a failed fresh cycle in January, as well, and have transferred 2 embies for both failures. I keep telling myself it only takes one and it doesn’t have to be perfect–just has to work! :pray: :cross:
I’m assuming I’ll be on the same meds for FET #2 which is PIO, Delestrogen, Medrol & Prednisone. RE said we might be able to skip the BCP this round. I have a great RE who is doing this frozen cycle for free and I am SOOOO grateful for that! DH has layoffs announced this month at his work and that has been a lot of added stress waiting and worrying until they figure out who’s staying and going.
Hoping this will be it for all of us! :cross:
:babydust: