July/August IVF 2013

Hi Ladies
I know that July is still 2 months out but I thouht I would start this thread now anyway.
As you can see in my signature, this is my 2nd fresh IVF cycle. First one ended in chemical and my FET was sadly a :bfn: . I have been doing so much research over the last several months to help me find answears on how I can make this IVF successful. I don’t think I can go thru another BFN.
I started working out, taking CoQ10 and starting tomorrow I will be doing a 3 week detox clense to help get my hormones in balance and get my body healthy for baby.
Anyone wants to join me during this 2 month wait before IVF?
I hope this is going to be a strong :bfp: thread.
:flower:
Lucie

I’m so excited to start my 2nd IVF journey. I wanted to start it in May/June like I was planning after my miscarriage, but I know that summer is a busy time for me (we own a seasonal summer business in a tourist town), so waiting till August for an ER and ET would be better since I’d be less stressed. This IVF cycle I have started doing acupuncture and my RE is changing my protocol from antagonist to agonist. Last time my RE thinks my eggs were over stimulated and that’s why they weren’t good quality. I’m only 22 so my eggs shouldn’t have been a problem like they were. Hopefully with this long lupron protocol and acupuncture, the quality of the eggs will be a lot better. This IVF journey is such a roller coaster ride and I’m praying that this second time will end with a healthy pregnancy, I don’t know if I can go through the emotions of another miscarriage… :bsv:

Lexus
I was lurking on other forums and what seems to have helped others in getting their BFP is CoQ10. I think I will be taking that this time around as well.
I also do acupuncure and if nothin else, at leat it helps me relax!

You had lot of eggs last time, are they anticipating that they can get the same amout during the new protocol, just better quality? What was your AFC?

[QUOTE=Americanka]Lexus
I was lurking on other forums and what seems to have helped others in getting their BFP is CoQ10. I think I will be taking that this time around as well.
I also do acupuncure and if nothin else, at leat it helps me relax!

You had lot of eggs last time, are they anticipating that they can get the same amout during the new protocol, just better quality? What was your AFC?[/QUOTE]

I’m not sure about my AFC. My RE thinks that I will still get a decent amount of eggs with the long lupron protocol and hopefully they wont be over stimulated again. My first blood work test after starting the stims my estrogen level was so high, way above what it should’ve been, and thats what my RE thinks contributed to the overstimulation. I’m really young so it bothered me that my eggs weren’t good, and my RE definitely didn’t see that coming. With all this money we’ve been spending out of pocket, I really hope that I will have some eggs to freeze this time around. I just hate how this all feels like an experiment, my RE doesn’t like to call it that, but really we never know what to expect till the day of transfer. I’ve also read about CoQ10, do you know where I can buy it / how much should I take?

[QUOTE=Lexus_21]I’m not sure about my AFC. My RE thinks that I will still get a decent amount of eggs with the long lupron protocol and hopefully they wont be over stimulated again. My first blood work test after starting the stims my estrogen level was so high, way above what it should’ve been, and thats what my RE thinks contributed to the overstimulation. I’m really young so it bothered me that my eggs weren’t good, and my RE definitely didn’t see that coming. With all this money we’ve been spending out of pocket, I really hope that I will have some eggs to freeze this time around. I just hate how this all feels like an experiment, my RE doesn’t like to call it that, but really we never know what to expect till the day of transfer. I’ve also read about CoQ10, do you know where I can buy it / how much should I take?[/QUOTE]
Lot of ladies on the forums refer to IVF as an experiment and it is true. There is still so much unknown about this process and everyone responds differently. I am glad that he changed you protocol and hopefully this will be the right one for you.
CoQ10 is available in any vitamin store or pharmacy. I say just follow the dosage on the bottle. Also make sure to take fish oil. I work with a nutritionist and she makes me take 2 a day. Also she makes me take probiotics to help with proper digestion and vitamin absorption.
You are very young and I believe that you will have lots of healthy eggs this time.
I will be on the antagonist protocol again. All my eggs were mature but my RE things we may have chromosomaly abnormal embrios, probably because of our age so that is my struggle this time around.

[QUOTE=Americanka]Lot of ladies on the forums refer to IVF as an experiment and it is true. There is still so much unknown about this process and everyone responds differently. I am glad that he changed you protocol and hopefully this will be the right one for you.
CoQ10 is available in any vitamin store or pharmacy. I say just follow the dosage on the bottle. Also make sure to take fish oil. I work with a nutritionist and she makes me take 2 a day. Also she makes me take probiotics to help with proper digestion and vitamin absorption.
You are very young and I believe that you will have lots of healthy eggs this time.
I will be on the antagonist protocol again. All my eggs were mature but my RE things we may have chromosomaly abnormal embrios, probably because of our age so that is my struggle this time around.[/QUOTE]

Just out of curiosity, is your insurance covering your IVF costs? I will definitely start taking fish oil, I have read on other posts that fish oil is good to take before and during ivf. I feel so useless waiting around to start the process, I wish I could fast forward to the egg retrieval :slight_smile:

I am doing a FET July 18. This will be our last attempt. We did our first cycle 6 years ago, got 21 eggs 10 fertilized normally. We got + beta then mc, :wings: we did two more FET with :bfn: so we decided to take a time off. Never thought it would be 5 years but we are now ready to give it one last shot with our last two embryos. We are doing AH and this time will do progesterone tablets and suppositories instead of shots. While we hope to get :bfp: we are also trying to protect our hearts and plan to adopt if it doesn’t work as we just want to be parents. I am very nervous this time and feel I can’t talk to anyone since we decided not to share with family and friends that we are even trying again.

Hoping you all have success!

[QUOTE=Hockeygoof14]I am doing a FET July 18. This will be our last attempt. We did our first cycle 6 years ago, got 21 eggs 10 fertilized normally. We got + beta then mc, :wings: we did two more FET with :bfn: so we decided to take a time off. Never thought it would be 5 years but we are now ready to give it one last shot with our last two embryos. We are doing AH and this time will do progesterone tablets and suppositories instead of shots. While we hope to get :bfp: we are also trying to protect our hearts and plan to adopt if it doesn’t work as we just want to be parents. I am very nervous this time and feel I can’t talk to anyone since we decided not to share with family and friends that we are even trying again.

Hoping you all have success![/QUOTE]

I am not telling friends or family this time around either. July 18th is my birthday! I wish you the best of luck. I’m glad we have another joining this forum :slight_smile: Have you stayed with your same RE this whole time? I am also very nervous this time. Even though its only my 2nd try I am still beyond scared to either have a :bfn: or miscarriage, it takes a lot out of you to do this process, and trying for a 3rd time would also be very expensive and overwhelming.

Lexus - my insurance does not pay anything. This is our last try, unless of course we have extra embryos for FET. Cannot spend anymore money or put my body thru this much stress.

Hockeygoof14 - :welcome:
I admire you for taking such a long break. I can understand taking time off this very painful process, but it is also very hard to stay away. I really hope that it works for you this time. I can understand not telling your family. Please know that we will be here for you if you need to talk, ask questions, vent and anything else people without infertility issues don’t understand.

4th ivf

Hi All so glad that this thread has been started.

After 3 fail IVF cycles I have changed RE. My new RE decided to perform a lap test to see if I have any issues. He discovered that I had stage 3 endo hence he would like to supress me for 10 weeks before starting the next cycle.

My cycle should probably start in early August if everything goes to plan.

The wait is painful hence focussing on losing some weight to give me the best chance.

Wishing everyone the best and hope we all get our bfp together.

Hi all!! So, I am planning on starting the IVF process in July. My dh and I had a couple of failed IUI’s and decided not to waste anymore money on that. We are scheduled to take the IVF class in June, my RE makes all of his patients do this before starting. I don’t know much about IVF, so I am doing lots of research. Needless to say, I am scared to death. :bsv: to everyone!!

Hi!!! I was supposed to start my first IVF in June, but because the nurse missed a couple of things in my chart, it has been pushed back to July…ugh. I was ready to get going on this leg of the journey. :cross: I only have to do this once (wishful thinking I know). I am hoping since I have been pregnant before, my body will remember what to do after the ET. I started acupuncture last week in hopes that it will help all of this to end in a :bfp:. Good luck and :babydust:

RlizN - I definitely think it was the right decision to decide to move on to IVF. This process is really time consuming. I can’t even begin to imagine how many hours I have been on my computer googling and reading every part of my IVF journey, especially after my ET. If you have any questions at all feel free to ask. I’m sure you will learn a lot in the class your RE is having you take. I never had to take a class, but I almost wish I would have because there were a lot of things I was confused about during my first IVF. We are all in this journey together :slight_smile:

waitingwanting#2 - I remember seeing you on the June board, I am glad you came and joined this board too. I was really ready to get going with IVF in May/June also, but my cycle is so messed up from my miscarriage. It just makes more sense for me to wait till July to start my BCP once my body is more regulated and I’ll be less stressed by the time of my ER & ET. I also started acupuncture about 4 weeks ago, I think if anything it will help give me some peace of mind that I am doing something to improve my chances of IVF working this time. I am so glad more people are joining this forum. It’s hard to read everyone else getting their ER and ET and BFPs while I still have like 2 months til I get to start my BCP and stims. Hopefully time will fly for us!

unlucky41 - I am also very thankful that this thread has been started! I lost 75 pounds this past year and have been at my goal weight for almost 6 months now, but unfortunately I gained a few pounds back over my last IVF cycle. I am also going to focus on working out again to help pass the time too. My cycle will probably be somewhere around yours depending on when I get my AF in July, from the way it looks I don’t think I’ll be getting it till the end of July. At least with all of us joining this thread we can all obsess over every part while we wait! None of my friends are going through this, so it’s impossible for them to understand what I’ve been dealing with.

Hi everyone! We are doing our 1st IVF in July, after multiple failed IUI’s, TTC #1. My estimated ER is 7/12 or 7/13. I will probably be jumping back and forth between the June IVF thread and this one if that’s ok, since I’m kind of in the middle. :slight_smile: I will be praying for you all, and I love hearing everyone’s stories!
I lost 70 pounds a few years ago, and I’ve gained almost all of it back because of stress TTC. :frowning: At least I’ve kept some of it off, but I’m still bummed! I plan to go thru this IVF, and then lose it again afterwards. I went to a chiropractor that specializes in acupuncture, and he said my drastic weight loss threw off my “energy flow”. He thought it was interfering with my fertility. I changed everything I was doing, and ended up gaining a bunch of the weight back. SO, I don’t see that doctor anymore… LOL

[QUOTE=jmk4806]Hi everyone! We are doing our 1st IVF in July, after multiple failed IUI’s, TTC #1. My estimated ER is 7/12 or 7/13. I will probably be jumping back and forth between the June IVF thread and this one if that’s ok, since I’m kind of in the middle. :slight_smile: I will be praying for you all, and I love hearing everyone’s stories!
I lost 70 pounds a few years ago, and I’ve gained almost all of it back because of stress TTC. :frowning: At least I’ve kept some of it off, but I’m still bummed! I plan to go thru this IVF, and then lose it again afterwards. I went to a chiropractor that specializes in acupuncture, and he said my drastic weight loss threw off my “energy flow”. He thought it was interfering with my fertility. I changed everything I was doing, and ended up gaining a bunch of the weight back. SO, I don’t see that doctor anymore… LOL[/QUOTE]

Of course you can jump back and forth between threads! I’m wondering that since I lost 75 pounds last year maybe that through off my “energy flow” too. At this point I’m just hoping that acupuncture and taking herbs will help with my next cycle!

Unlucky41 - :welcome:
I am glad you switched your doctor. I am surprised your old RE did not diagnosed the endo.
I am curios - how does suppressing you for longer time period help with the endo?

RlizN :welcome:
IVF is pretty crazy process. Careful how much you research thou. You don’t want to freak yourself out before you even start. It looks like few of us have done IVF before so we can help with any questions you have.

Waitingwanting#2 :welcome:
I hope you only have to do this once as well. :cross:

jmk4806 :welcome:
Amazing on the weight loss, but I am glad you stopped swing your chiropractor though… I suggest acupuncturist who specializes in infertility. I whole heartedly believe in acupuncture.

Lexus - 75 lb, that is amazing!

Acupuncture and supplements

Can anyone tell me benefits of accupuncture and what they do. Also,what supplements are you taking in addition to all the crazy meds? Still trying to figure out posting here so bear with me. :pray: this time the :bsv: result in a :bfp: so we can add kids to our :paw: babies.

Lexus, that is amazing I need 2 lose another 16 pounds to reach my goal weight. I hope to do this in the next 11 weeks. I hope I can do it. My accupunurist is all for the weight loss but not high impact sport. Do you gals have any thought on this?

Americaka my RE is from uk where they have done some research using zoladex to suppress endo patients which was helpful. According to his track record with endo patient I have 60% doing this method. :cross: it works but who knows at this stage.

Wishing everyone all the best can’t wait to see all the bfp!!

[QUOTE=Hockeygoof14]Can anyone tell me benefits of accupuncture and what they do. Also,what supplements are you taking in addition to all the crazy meds? Still trying to figure out posting here so bear with me. :pray: this time the :bsv: result in a :bfp: so we can add kids to our :paw: babies.[/QUOTE]
Acupuncture suppose to increase a proper blood flow into your overies and uterus supporting proper nutrition thus egg growth ands healthy lining. It can help reduce stress levels and possibly balance your hormones…
As to supplements - CoQ10, prenatal, fish oil… I have seen people take royal jelly and maca as they are suppose to improve fertility. Also, if there are any male factors the fertility blend for men could be good as well.

[QUOTE=Lexus_21]Of course you can jump back and forth between threads! I’m wondering that since I lost 75 pounds last year maybe that through off my “energy flow” too. At this point I’m just hoping that acupuncture and taking herbs will help with my next cycle![/QUOTE]

Thanks Lexus! I was taking the prescription Phentermine to suppress food cravings, and I think that had something to do with suppressing energy flow.