June2013 IVF/FET

Hello friends

I will have my third and hopefully last FET in June :pray: :pray: . Anyone who will do IVF/FET in June welcome here. We can discuss, share experiences and support each other through our cycle.
Waiting for you here :grouphug:

Hi!

I just found out that we are doing a June FET. SO LONG AWAY!

I had thought a May FET would be far away… ah well. It does all make sense to wait longer.

Out of 21 follicles, we had 16 eggs. And I jsut got the call that 12 were mature. :woohoo:

I feel a huge relief that this step is over. I keep patting my ovaries and telling them ‘well done’ and ‘thank you’. I started singing a song to my ovaries in the last few days, and recorded a little hum, decided this was my way to send them good vibes.

ALSO, last time it took me 3 days to recover from EC surgery, but today I feel fine. I had so much pain last time, no pain today. Just when I cough. My flu seems to have subsided. I had a beautiful expereince when I went ‘under’. I was at a board meeting with saints. They were all enlightened beings in this boardroom with me. It was awesome. Wonder what we were planning? hehe

Fertilisation report tomorrow. Hoping praying.

My E2 is near 10,000. And due to having 21 follicles, if they transferred and I got pregnant, there would definitely be an OHSS, last time I had mild OHSS from only 14 follicles and E2 6000.

FE Dr told me that the whole industry is moving toward freeze alls due to higher success rates, lower birth issues like being underweight, and more succesful pregnancies. And also, my ovaries are so big that she wants me to wait 2 cycles (bleg!) before transferring anything back. So that my hormone levels are all back to normal and it will be a full natural pregnancy, with monitoring blood tests to find the window to transfer back. It all makes sense logically, yes, indeed, but it means I have 8 weeks longer to wait til we know anything. I am definitely using this time to get back to my fitness, yoga, running, and get back to me. So it’s not a bad thing and it does make sense, but it’s so long to wait.

Welocome here AngeliqueMe. What wonderful numbers you have for EC. It seems that this cycle will be a success for you :slight_smile: I will also have FET in June but I don’t think it is too far from now :wink: I hope everything will go perfect for us and get pregnant in summer… Update me about the fertilization news tomorrow … Cross fingers for you

Thank you for your welcome.
May I ask what day did they freeze your embryos?

I did my first fresh IVF in October 2012. 9 eggs were taken out in EC and all fertilized :slight_smile: Then we put back one day- 2 embryo in first fresh cycle and they freeze the rest embryos on day 6. So, they on day 6 they are all blastocyst. Till now we transferred one embryo in fresh cycle (2 day embryo), one blast in FET#2 and one blast in FET#3. And we will transfer one blast in June. do you know which day they will freeze yours? and which method they will use to thaw the embryo? In my clinic they are using vitrification which is the best method for thawing embryo and it has the best survival rate for embryos…

Yes, our clinic (IVF Australia) uses vitrification. I think all clinics in Australia uses this. The clinics in Australia are mostly paid for by the gov and so they maintain latest research from what I understand.
Our Gov is trying to get us to have more babies, so there are lots if incentives, a baby bonus of $7900 when you have a baby, to help costs. The Aussie women seem to be waiting too long to have children and the reason seems to be career and money. Pretty much why I waited. Oh and wanted to find DH. But then we wanted to feel financially secure too. Ironic to now spend our finances of assisted fertility haha
The scientist told me today that they want to freeze day 5 embabies. They said they will freeze on day 3 of they only have a few left. She said this is due to wanting to give the patient something to transfer, cz if they only have a few on day 3, then by day 5, they may have lost them all. I don’t completely understand this logic? If the day 3 turns into a pregnancy and live birth, then why not freeze all on day 3? To increase chances? Sounds like some embryos may not make day 5 that might make it to being babies?

Have any of your frosties not ‘survived defrost’? Do they have any reason why the FET’s you have done have resulted in BFN?
This is my first FET freeze all, so I have a lot to learn…

[QUOTE=AngeliqueMe]Yes, our clinic (IVF Australia) uses vitrification. I think all clinics in Australia uses this. The clinics in Australia are mostly paid for by the gov and so they maintain latest research from what I understand.
Our Gov is trying to get us to have more babies, so there are lots if incentives, a baby bonus of $7900 when you have a baby, to help costs. The Aussie women seem to be waiting too long to have children and the reason seems to be career and money. Pretty much why I waited. Oh and wanted to find DH. But then we wanted to feel financially secure too. Ironic to now spend our finances of assisted fertility haha
The scientist told me today that they want to freeze day 5 embabies. They said they will freeze on day 3 of they only have a few left. She said this is due to wanting to give the patient something to transfer, cz if they only have a few on day 3, then by day 5, they may have lost them all. I don’t completely understand this logic? If the day 3 turns into a pregnancy and live birth, then why not freeze all on day 3? To increase chances? Sounds like some embryos may not make day 5 that might make it to being babies?

Have any of your frosties not ‘survived defrost’? Do they have any reason why the FET’s you have done have resulted in BFN?
This is my first FET freeze all, so I have a lot to learn…[/QUOTE]

It is the same in Sweden (where we are living). The government supports us with 6 point (each fresh IVF takes 2 points and each FET takes 1 point). SO, I’ve already used 4 points and 2 points remain that hopefully gives me BFP :pray: :pray:
They also freeze one embryo for me at day 2 to be on safe side (it means that they don’t want to risk if the other embryos don’t grow until 5 or 6 days) so, I think it is good. Each time they took out one embryo from freeze and refroze and they all survived. :clap: THANK GOD
They didn’t say anything that why I got BFN and it is strange for them because they believe that our embryos are perfect. BUT, I think it is because I didn’t think positive and I thought it was impossible for me to get pregnant !!! It is strange but I felt like that.
So, I decided to think pregnant after transfer this time and I just pray to get BFP this time and I believe that GOD will give me my angel soon :slight_smile: He just want to see my faith :wink:

IVF in June

Hi Ladies,

I am new to this group… I just had a FET which resulted in a :bfn:… It was heartbreaking… Now i plan to start a new IVF cycle in June 2013… Any advice ???

Oh wow, the point system is very interesting.
Yes I do think that gov supported medical systems within democratic countries do tend to use the latest research as it is not a ‘business’ but a ‘service’. Although we also have many clinics all competing for the work, so there is still healthy success rates competition.
What happens when you finish your last 2 point but maybe have frosties still remaining?
Have you been pregnant before? Is it an embedding issue?

[QUOTE=redrose16]Hi Ladies,

I am new to this group… I just had a FET which resulted in a :bfn:… It was heartbreaking… Now i plan to start a new IVF cycle in June 2013… Any advice ???[/QUOTE]

Welcome to this thread.
I am so sorry for your BFN and hope you get positive with next FET. Can you say more about your background, maybe making a signature under your name is a good idea :wink:
Just let me know if you have any question or you need any support about FET.
best of luck

[QUOTE=AngeliqueMe]Oh wow, the point system is very interesting.
Yes I do think that gov supported medical systems within democratic countries do tend to use the latest research as it is not a ‘business’ but a ‘service’. Although we also have many clinics all competing for the work, so there is still healthy success rates competition.
What happens when you finish your last 2 point but maybe have frosties still remaining?
Have you been pregnant before? Is it an embedding issue?[/QUOTE]

The thing is that I hope, believe and pray to get pregnant before I ran out of points. I have never been pregnant before. Now, I have 3 embryos left in the freeze (2 blasts and one 2 day). we will use 2 point for those blasts and the 2 day will remain and we have to pay about 1200 Euro for putting back the last one (it is half of the price in compare to private clinic) so, I really really hope that we get pregnant even before moving into using the last point. So, we can use the last point later for making sibling :pray: :pray:

Hi gals!

I will be having an FET at the end of June, but excited to finally be here. I had some ‘possible polyps’ in a saline sonohysterogram, but they were discovered to be just leftover endometrial tissues in a hysterosopy last friday. Ouch. My Dr. really dug into my uterus to get those puppies out! Better that than surgery, but serious yowzer! HA! Anyhoo, my uterus is now just the prettiest little thing and ready for baby growing. GO JUNE!

ps - It’s cool to be part of such a worldy group here. I’m a Texas gal living in New England (obviously :wink: ). I’m excited to get to know all of you. xo and BABY DUST

[QUOTE=NewEnglander]ps - It’s cool to be part of such a worldy group here. I’m a Texas gal living in New England (obviously :wink: ). I’m excited to get to know all of you. xo and BABY DUST[/QUOTE]

Welcome to this thread. Hope you get your BFP in next cycle. I am living in Sweden so, it is really worldy group :wink: how many embryos you have in freeze and how many you will transfer?

[QUOTE=Tany]Welcome to this thread. Hope you get your BFP in next cycle. I am living in Sweden so, it is really worldy group :wink: how many embryos you have in freeze and how many you will transfer?[/QUOTE]

4 embies on ice and we will transfer two. I had a total of six left after my 2009 fresh IVF, but I transfered two last summer and BFN. I am hoping this one will work. :pray: I haven’t decided if I will do another fresh cycle or not in the event all my freezer embies don’t work… You are transfering two, right? Do you know when in June you will transfer? I think my date is June 26th.

[QUOTE=NewEnglander]4 embies on ice and we will transfer two. I had a total of six left after my 2009 fresh IVF, but I transfered two last summer and BFN. I am hoping this one will work. :pray: I haven’t decided if I will do another fresh cycle or not in the event all my freezer embies don’t work… You are transfering two, right? Do you know when in June you will transfer? I think my date is June 26th.[/QUOTE]

I will transfer one blastocyst(6day). How old are your embryos? I don’t know the exact date because it will be according to my period and when I will get positive ovulation test. How do you know that exact date?

[QUOTE=Tany]The thing is that I hope, believe and pray to get pregnant before I ran out of points. I have never been pregnant before. Now, I have 3 embryos left in the freeze (2 blasts and one 2 day). we will use 2 point for those blasts and the 2 day will remain and we have to pay about 1200 Euro for putting back the last one (it is half of the price in compare to private clinic) so, I really really hope that we get pregnant even before moving into using the last point. So, we can use the last point later for making sibling :pray: :pray:[/QUOTE]
I hope so and pray this works for you too :pray:

[QUOTE=NewEnglander]Hi gals!

I will be having an FET at the end of June, but excited to finally be here. I had some ‘possible polyps’ in a saline sonohysterogram, but they were discovered to be just leftover endometrial tissues in a hysterosopy last friday. Ouch. My Dr. really dug into my uterus to get those puppies out! Better that than surgery, but serious yowzer! HA! Anyhoo, my uterus is now just the prettiest little thing and ready for baby growing. GO JUNE![/QUOTE]
:welcome: I look forward to hearing your journey!

[QUOTE=Tany]I will transfer one blastocyst(6day). How old are your embryos? I don’t know the exact date because it will be according to my period and when I will get positive ovulation test. How do you know that exact date?[/QUOTE]

My embryos are 4 years old. I know the date because I do not cycle naturally, hence my infertility… My FET cycles are totally medicated. We chose the date based on when I can get down south for the transfer. I have to fly out to my Dr because he is quite far from where I currently live. So, June 26th is it! Unless my lining needs a couple more days of estrogen… in which case it will be June 28th!

Just one for you? I totally get that. I am not hoping for twins; in fact I find it a little scary. :woohoo:

xo

[QUOTE=AngeliqueMe]:welcome: I look forward to hearing your journey![/QUOTE]

Thanks! GO JUNE! :cheer:

And congrats on your awesome egg production! Woo Hoo!!! How many will you put back?