Just a little relief :)

We are in the middle of our 2nd, and last IUI. Although I am staying positive, I’m ok with the fact that that this might be it, and it may be awhile (years) before we start our next journey into IVF/adoption!
I’m really not too optimistic about this IUI working, as we have never seen the faintest bit of a positive. I work in the medical field, and my doctor is pretty honest with me and told me to not waste my money on injectables, and high stimulation meds because there is obviously a fertilization or implantation issue. Which, I totally agree with her, and glad she is honest with me.
Obviously, I have already moved on (but would be perfectly fine with a pregnancy now!), but I am an organized/plan for the future type person.
My last letrozole check, I told my husband “yes! Last nasty during your period vaginal exam!” (Just me looking at the positives :))
I’m actually really excited about this new chapter in our lives, and no more timed intercourse! (wait, I can’t say that yet…we still have to finish this cycle! ;))
I hope you all can get to the happy place that I am in right now :cool:

I kind of know how you feel. WE are planning on finishing up this IUI and one more next month. I hope they work, but if we are unsuccessful then we are finally ready to move on from the whole TTC journey and start foster-care. There are moments when I want to try a lot more and longer, but its just too much sometimes. I know many women try a lot longer and are usually successful, but I don’t think I can. TTC has definitely changed me and not always for the better, but deciding to move on and think that possibly we won’t have any of our own children has been an almost therapeutic step. Sometimes things will not work out they way we plan, its what you do afterwards that makes the difference. Sorry for rant, but it does feel good to get it out;)

GL hun who knows maybe we both will see our 1st ever :bfp: soon.

I totally understand. We tried on our own for 2.5 years, and only went through infertility for 6 months, but it completely changed me, and not for the better (until now). My hormones, and my want for a baby totally took over me, and my poor husband got the brunt of it!
And I agree about the theraputic step of moving on. I find it VERY theraputic. I feel like I’m not so obsesed anymore. Don’t get me wrong, I will probably still be devestated if this cycle doesn’t work, but I think I have come to the point where it will be easier for me to move on.
And feel free to rant! My post was basically a rant too :slight_smile: I just knew I would find someone that would understand how relieved I am, even though I would still like a child, so thank you for that kspaulding!
I don’t know how long we will wait until we start adoption or IVF, but I’m just going to take it day by day, and finally live in the moment instead of the posibility :slight_smile:
GL to you, and I hope we each get our miracle babies, either through adoption/foster or a BFP! :slight_smile:

I have 2 adopted childs & they’re so lovely :wings:
Even we didn’t give them birth, but they definitely have love from us…lots of love…and they love us back…for sure! We now have a really happy family :dance::flower::cheer:
Good luck…

Don’t worry, my friends!!!
Everything is gonna be ok…

Take care,

Pete