Just finished ET..so many questions :(

Hi!
I am New to this Forum, although I have been reading a lot.
I just Finished my First IVF cycle and I had my ET on Thursday. They transfered two Embryos. One was graded a 8bf (8cell,B,Fair) The second was a 6CF.
I have been sitting at home petrified as I don’t feel these are good quality Embryos? (I was never told that day "WOW your embryos look great! were Very optomistic!) Its making me so depressed.
Ive had severe Cramping ever since my ER on Monday, and now Im getting Shooting cramps in my ovaries. It really feels like PMS!
My questions are:

1. Does anyone know anything on Embryo grading?
  2. how many days after ET would an Embryo attach to the Uterus?
  3. Has anyone delt with very bad ovarian Cramps like this?
    I did call the nurse today who told me "You had 17 eggs retrived, your bound to feel some cramping"
    Im just Very nervous it is a sign my period will be coming. :grr:
    Any Shared Info is Very much appreciated! Thank you~

Relax, I know this is easier said than done, but you should try not to stress during this time. You have done all you can and now you just have to let nature take its course. I will try to answer your questions the best I can.

My clinic does not tell grades because they say it isn’t necessarily an indicator of success. Just know that they gave you the two they felt had the best shot!!

1. how many days after ET would an Embryo attach to the Uterus?

[B]What happens to embryos after transfer? Read here for info![/B]
[U]This is what happens in a 3dt :[/U]

1dpt …embryo is growing and developing
2dpt… Embryo is now a blastocyst
3dpt…Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
4dpt… Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
5dpt… Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
6dpt… Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
7dpt… Morula is completely inmplanted in the lining and has placenta cells &
fetal cells
8dpt…Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
9dpt…More HCG is produced as fetus develops
10dpt…More HCG is produced as fetus develops
11dpt…HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on
HPT

1. Has anyone delt with very bad ovarian Cramps like this?

I did not have any cramps like that but I was a slow responder to stims and barely felt anything prior to retrieval. They only retrieved 7 eggs from me and that was after 13 days of high dose stims.

My 9 week old daughter is sleeping peacefully in the other room so it can happen. Just try to stay positive and enjoy being PUPO!!!

Amy Thank you so much for the detailed breakdown of the Embryo Implantation process. I hope to gain much knowledge from this site.
:bsv:

[quote=Tahiti-sweetie]Hi!
I just Finished my First IVF cycle and I had my ET on Thursday. They transfered two Embryos. One was graded a 8bf (8cell,B,Fair) The second was a 6CF.
I have been sitting at home petrified as I don’t feel these are good quality Embryos? (I was never told that day "WOW your embryos look great! were Very optomistic!) Its making me so depressed.
Ive had severe Cramping ever since my ER on Monday, and now Im getting Shooting cramps in my ovaries. It really feels like PMS!
My questions are:

I did call the nurse today who told me "You had 17 eggs retrived, your bound to feel some cramping"
    Any Shared Info is Very much appreciated! Thank you~[/quote]
    My first IVF I had implanted 2 embryos similar quality to yours and got pregnant with twins. Cramping could be a good sign that the embryos are attaching. Good luck!:bsv:

[quote=Tahiti-sweetie]Hi!
My questions are:

Any Shared Info is Very much appreciated! Thank you~[/quote]

Hi, I had very bad cramping. One of my Embryos attached on day 5 after a 2 day transfer. My clinic doesnt grade eggs either. just relax! xxx

Cramping is completely normal - your ovaries are in the process of returning to normal after everything you’ve put them through. Also, assuming you are on progesterone, the side effects of that mimic PMS and pregnancy. I know it’s hard but try not to read too much into any symptoms or feelings.

Also every clinic uses a different grading system so you really can’t compare your embryo quality to anyone else’s. As someone else pointed out, these are the 2 they felt had the best shot.

Try to relax and worry as little as possible. Good luck!