Just got on my RE's wait list for donor embryos...

Just got on my RE’s waitlist for donor embryos. He said it is 4-6 months. Any one else out there in a similar position?

We are actually going to try some IUI’s in the meantime. He wanted me to try another IVF, but I’m done. Emotionally.

Anyone else about to start a donor embryo cycle?

In the process of embryo adoption

Hi Jess! I posted a couple of months ago on the Dec. IVF thread, but after receiving bad news on my FSH levels, I began looking into embryo adoption. I will be going to the NEDC in Knoxville next month. I hope to have a transfer pretty soon after that! I am finishing up all the paperwork and beginning my home study.

Congratulations on getting on a waiting list! The wait doesn’t sound too terribly long. At my RE’s office, the wait was a year or more! We got incredibly lucky to get an appointment so soon at the NEDC. Usually, couples wait for at least 8 months for an initial appointment, but there was a cancellation!

Best of luck to you! Who knows, we may end up having our transfer around the same time.:flower:

[quote=waiting4baby#1]Hi Jess! I posted a couple of months ago on the Dec. IVF thread, but after receiving bad news on my FSH levels, I began looking into embryo adoption. I will be going to the NEDC in Knoxville next month. I hope to have a transfer pretty soon after that! I am finishing up all the paperwork and beginning my home study.

Congratulations on getting on a waiting list! The wait doesn’t sound too terribly long. At my RE’s office, the wait was a year or more! We got incredibly lucky to get an appointment so soon at the NEDC. Usually, couples wait for at least 8 months for an initial appointment, but there was a cancellation!

Best of luck to you! Who knows, we may end up having our transfer around the same time.:flower:[/quote]

Wow, congrats! That does seem very quick. My office said it could be as soon as next month, or a few months. Hope everything goes well for you! :cross::cross:

Hi Jess,
I just got on a waiting list as well for donor embryo and the wait is also 4 to 6 months for me as well. Looking forward to seeing you on the boards the next few months!

Cat

[SIZE=“2”]Yes, we are!:slight_smile: Since we have no answers as to why our embryos keep crapping out, we’ve decided to just go ahead w/ embryo adoption. RE thinks our problem is due to severe dna frag. of dh’s sperm but that’s only speculation since we haven’t actually tested for it. We’re not even gonna bother at this point since we’re moving on to DE. Why spend the money on it especially when there’s nothing that can be done to fix
it.:frowning: I’m hoping embryo adoption is free through our clinic. Have no clue yet cuz our WTH appt isn’t til Jan. 3rd. We also purchased the Attain program that allowed us 6 tries, 3 fresh n 3 frozen. We never had any embryos to freeze so we’re outta of tries now. BUT, i’m wondering if that last frozen try would still be covered if we use donor embryos? I mean a FET is a FET, right? Wouldn’t think it would matter whose embryos we used, but u never know. Gotta call the financial advisor n find out now. Ewww, she’s NOT very nice at all, so i hate talking to her. Maybe i’ll make my DH call her, lol!:p[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Notgivingup][SIZE=“2”]Yes, we are!:slight_smile: Since we have no answers as to why our embryos keep crapping out, we’ve decided to just go ahead w/ embryo adoption. RE thinks our problem is due to severe dna frag. of dh’s sperm but that’s only speculation since we haven’t actually tested for it. We’re not even gonna bother at this point since we’re moving on to DE. Why spend the money on it especially when there’s nothing that can be done to fix
it.:frowning: I’m hoping embryo adoption is free through our clinic. Have no clue yet cuz our WTH appt isn’t til Jan. 3rd. We also purchased the Attain program that allowed us 6 tries, 3 fresh n 3 frozen. We never had any embryos to freeze so we’re outta of tries now. BUT, i’m wondering if that last frozen try would still be covered if we use donor embryos? I mean a FET is a FET, right? Wouldn’t think it would matter whose embryos we used, but u never know. Gotta call the financial advisor n find out now. Ewww, she’s NOT very nice at all, so i hate talking to her. Maybe i’ll make my DH call her, lol!:p[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Hi RayAnn! I remember you! We’ve cycled together. Ugh, I am sorry you ar ein this position. Sounds like we have a similar history. It sucks, but I do hope embryo donation is an adoption for you. Good luck!

[QUOTE=Alphie]Hi Jess,
I just got on a waiting list as well for donor embryo and the wait is also 4 to 6 months for me as well. Looking forward to seeing you on the boards the next few months!

Cat[/QUOTE]

Welcome and good luck!