Just had my first ER yesterday!

Me: 32, single ovary, damaged fallopian tubes.
Husband: healthy.

I started stimulation on May 21. Yesterday I just had my first ER. 10 eggs were retrieved. 9 mature, 8 fertilized. My doctor was happy about the results, consider I only have one ovary.

I am still in a lot of pain though. Feels like someone is using a spoon to scrape my ovary. Hopefully it will get better soon.

ET will be held in August. I am doing a frozen cycle. From what I understand, I should have the ET in July. I am slightly upset about this news since I have been waiting for so long to have a baby, I really don’t want to wait any longer. Is a 2 month rest between ER and ET normal? My doctor wants me to have a natural transfer. Is that the reason I have to wait longer?

[quote=pianissimo]Me: 32, single ovary, damaged fallopian tubes.
Husband: healthy.

I started stimulation on May 21. Yesterday I just had my first ER. 10 eggs were retrieved. 9 mature, 8 fertilized. My doctor was happy about the results, consider I only have one ovary.

I am still in a lot of pain though. Feels like someone is using a spoon to scrape my ovary. Hopefully it will get better soon.

ET will be held in August. I am doing a frozen cycle. From what I understand, I should have the ET in July. I am slightly upset about this news since I have been waiting for so long to have a baby, I really don’t want to wait any longer. Is a 2 month rest between ER and ET normal? My doctor wants me to have a natural transfer. Is that the reason I have to wait longer?[/quote]

It is very normal to have about 7-8 weeks between ER and FET for the body to heal.

Best of luck to you when you have ET. Did you request a FET or did the doctor tell you that you have to have a FET instead of a fresh transfer?

Thank you Jennjack! It’s good to know 7-8 weeks between ER and FET is normal. I didn’t request FET, my doctor didn’t really say I have to have it. He just recommended this way, said it carries less risk of miscarriage. [quote=Jennjack11]It is very normal to have about 7-8 weeks between ER and FET for the body to heal.

Best of luck to you when you have ET. Did you request a FET or did the doctor tell you that you have to have a FET instead of a fresh transfer?[/quote]