Just joined 40+ and happy to have found you

Bebe- how was the beta today?

[B]Bebebe…[/B] Congrats on the BFP, I hope you got a good beta yesterday!
[B]Nilah,[/B] fingers crossed that your insurance will cover more cycles.
[B]Dragongirl,[/B] I hope you are in the clear soon.
[B]AFM,[/B] my hormone blood work came in and surprisingly, all my hormone levels were in “fertile” range and except for an AMH of 0.53, I am not even close top menopause yet. To be honest, I was a bit frustrated, because if I had high FSH or an undetectable AMH, I would know the cause. But apart from my subclinical TSH levels (which are also normal now), there is nothing really preventing me from getting preggers - on paper. However, after 12 BFN cycles and not even a chemical (and a history of something like 10 unsuccessful natural cycles 3 years ago), I doubt it can happen naturally and one of the factors could be hubbies sperm. If they need ICSI to fertilise my eggs, it definitely won’t happen for us. :frowning:
I am 8dpo today and pretty sure that AF is just around the corner (due on Saturday).

Hi ladies, I haven’t been able to check in a while because work was really hectic this week.
Torontochic: glad your numbers are good. Will you have dh’s sperm checked? Have you had the hysterosalpinogram to check your tubes?
Nilah: any info from your insurance?
Dragongirl: it’s good to have a sense of how the natural m/c goes as I may have to make a decision about that.
AFM: the Monday beta was 46 which is good doubling but the re wasn’t happy with it. He said it didn’t look good and it should be around 200. He said I could stop taking the PIO shots but said it was ok when I asked if I could take them till the next beta. Next beta is Tuesday. The spotting that I had last Thurs turned into some light bleeding on Sunday and has continued but seems to be stopping now. Like a really light period. Weird thing is HPTs keep getting slowly darker. I think it’s highly unlikely to work out but I just want to see it through with my best effort!

I have to meet with my RE so that they can resubmit to the insurance company. This week has been too hectic so I am trying to get in with him early next week. Doing acupuncture on Sunday. I am going to try to do more sessions this time around.

Bebe I hope that things work out but I think being cautiously optimistic is a good way to handle it. Where does he think it should be by next Tuesday?

How is everyone doing?

[B]Bebebe[/B], I hope you had a good third beta! FX No, I did not have an HS recently (had one back in 2006, which was clear). Got pregnant one or two cycles after that. Of course, this could have changed by now and they would not have picked up on it when I did the IVF cycles. I just don’t think I can convince my OBgyn that this procedure is necessary for me at almost 46.
[B]Nilah[/B], good luck with the insurance.
[B]Dragongirl [/B]and [B]Karen[/B], hope all is well.
[B]AFM[/B]: I am on CD3. AF arrived right on time on Saturday. :frowning:

Bebe Bebe, I hope your next beta still doubles well. I’m sorry that you’re stuck not sure knowing one way or tge other. Since your last one doubled, it could have just been a late implanter.

AFM: My RE said I could see my regular Ob/Gyn for my follow up u/s. Its a shorter drive for me, and it is apparently cheaper (though in the past I thought it was only a $20 co-pay either way, but maybe things changed or my RE doesn’t know my specific insurance plan). I couldn’t get an appointment until June 11th (my dr. was out through 5/27, then I guess he was booked up after that for awhile). My RE and I thought it was fine to wait that long as long as I don’t start having any odd symptoms. My RE said he was sorry about my 3 weeks if bleeding, so I’m guessing that may have been out of the ordinary.

Nilah- How was the acupuncture? Good luck with the insurance!
Dragon girl- Glad things are clearing up finally!
Toronto- sorry about AF. So frustrating when all your numbers look so good.
Karen - Hope you are doing well.
AFM: Had my third beta today. It was 323. That’s closer to the 3 day doubling time than 2 day, but they said to keep going and come back on Friday. We’ll be looking for it to double by Friday. I’m glad I kept taking the progesterone. I think the RE had given up on me last week! I don’t want to get my hopes up too much because I’ve been here before, but I’ll just enjoy still being in it for now. I think this is the magic HCG level where I start to feel some symptoms. Just this morning I’ve started to feel a tiny bit of breast tenderness, queasiness, and heightened sense of smell.

Bebe- It is good that it is rising. Fingers crossed for Friday. Hopefully it was just a late implanter.
Dragongirl- How are you feeling? Hopefully things have finished up and you are doing good.
Karen- how are things going for you?
Torontochick- do you use the ovulation predictors or do you just count the days to when you normally ovulate?
AFM:
I went in to see the RE today. We talked about possibly stimulating one month and then waiting to do the transfer the next month since I keep having such really bad cramping after ET. We have to look to see if the insurance will cover it that way or not because some will not. I decided that I don’t want to cycle next month. I want to take my supplements and lose a few pounds and just relax. We decided to cycle again in August which ever way the insurance will approve. July is to hectic with trips, a wedding and the RE’s has vacation too. Hopefully, I can lose the last 10lbs and just work this summer on the things I can control. Maybe I should be in a rush considering I am 45. I just feel like I need to give myself the best shot because I don’t have many chances left.

Nilah: It’s good to take a break between cycles and to schedule it when you know life will be less hectic. I kind of wish I had given myself an extra month before this last cycle because right after ET coincided with a really stressful time at work. One month is not going to make a difference. I hope insurance will let you do the broken up cycle!

Hi Ladies, sorry I have been missing out on the postings. I had two U/S one on the May 8th, saw little bean with a flickering heartbeat and my last apt with my RE on the 18th and little bean is looking good. I am still waiting to hear the heartbeat; I tried using the fetal Doppler but having trouble finding the heart beat. My next appointment with my OB is on the 28th. He wants to do more blood work. My RE did a chromosomal test using my blood to find out any defects the little bean may have and also the sex of the baby. They said it may not return any results since sometimes it’s hard for them to get baby’s DNA from my blood. I have been really tired and knocked out by 8ish when putting my DS to bed. It’s been really crazy for me at work and school. I am taking two master classes this semester and it’s been really challenging. I am so stressed.
Torontochick - glad to see your numbers look great
Bebe - My beta numbers weren’t that great in the beginning so I think it varies. I am praying that your next beta is fantastic and all is well.
Nilah - it’s good that you are taking a break between the ER and the transfer. You will lose that extra lbs.
Dragongirl - How did your U/S turn out when you went to your RE and did you tell him you have to wait so long to see your OB?

[QUOTE=“karend72, post: 1790334, member: 51580”]Hi Ladies, sorry I have been missing out on the postings. I had two U/S one on the May 8th, saw little bean with a flickering heartbeat and my last apt with my RE on the 18th and little bean is looking good. I am still waiting to hear the heartbeat; I tried using the fetal Doppler but having trouble finding the heart beat. My next appointment with my OB is on the 28th. He wants to do more blood work. My RE did a chromosomal test using my blood to find out any defects the little bean may have and also the sex of the baby. They said it may not return any results since sometimes it’s hard for them to get baby’s DNA from my blood. I have been really tired and knocked out by 8ish when putting my DS to bed. It’s been really crazy for me at work and school. I am taking two master classes this semester and it’s been really challenging. I am so stressed.
Torontochick - glad to see your numbers look great
Bebe - My beta numbers weren’t that great in the beginning so I think it varies. I am praying that your next beta is fantastic and all is well.
Nilah - it’s good that you are taking a break between the ER and the transfer. You will lose that extra lbs.
Dragongirl - How did your U/S turn out when you went to your RE and did you tell him you have to wait so long to see your OB?[/QUOTE]

I didn’t go to the RE for an ultrasound, only messaged him asking about it. He does know it is a long time to wait to get into my doctor, but he is okay with me waiting as long as I don’t get weird symptoms. If I did get any symptoms that I’m concerned about, I could go in earlier and see another Ob or I could schedule an appointment at fertility group that’s closer to me (the group that does IUIs, but not IVFs, but since I would just be going in for an ultrasound I could do it with them). For now I’m sticking with the June 11 appointment with my Ob/Gyn. I don’t want to see a stranger, but the fertility clinic will probably cost more (and unless my RE happened to be scheduled there would also probably be a stranger doing it).

I got worried at one point because I had a small amount of blood when I wiped and felt a little crampy, but nothing else happened. I still worry a little that when I finally go in for the exam that the M/C wasn’t complete. My only real worry is that I never saw tissue, but really it looked like the fetal pole was disintegrating on the 8 week u/s, so I’m not sure if things didn’t just reabsorb or something. Anyway, June 11 is not too far away, and my DH has taken off so that he can watch my son while I go to the doctor. Or maybe we’ll all 3 go to the appointment. My Ob had his first child (also a son) only about a month after mine was born, so he always seems interested to see mine.

Karen- that is great news. It may still be a bit early to hear the heart beat with the doppler but hopefully you will hear it soon.
Dragongirl- hopefully everything is all finished and you won’t have to worry about an incomplete MC.

Karen: I hope you get to hear the heartbeat soon! When did your RE schedule the next U/S? Was that the Materni21 test that you had?
Dragongirl: I hope you get the all-clear on June 11th!
AFM: 3rd beta tomorrow.

Well, I think we’re out again. Beta #4 was 504 today. Doubling time seems to be really slowing down. He said it was up to me if I want to continue with PIO shots. The PIO won’t harm me, but if it’s abnormal and continues to grow, I may end up with a D&C again. I’m going back in on Monday to check again. It should be pretty clear by then. Ugh!

Oh no. I am sorry to hear this news. Are you going to take the pio shots through Monday?

So sorry Bebe.

I stopped taking the PIO shots on Friday. Today’s beta was 670, so it’s still going up, but slowing down even further. Hopefully it won’t go on too long. They’ll check the level again on Wednesday to see.

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing? I will probably call RE on Friday to see what our game plan is going forward.

Hi Nilah: I hope you get a good plan on Friday!
I had a beta yesterday and it was 700, so I should be rounding the curve of the rise and getting to a heavy period soon. I’ll go back in next Wednesday for a blood check to see how things are looking and then they’ll probably schedule an U/S after that to make sure everything cleared out. We did three cycles over the last year, so I’m looking forward to getting my body back to normal! We are done with the IVF now. On my Hysterosalpinogram last year, I had 1 tube that was blocked and the other drained slowly. So, I think natural is not likely but I should probably also check with the RE to make sure that the slow draining one doesn’t put me at risk for ectopic. We decided egg donor is not for us, so we’ll be either spoiling our only child LO or looking into adoption.

[QUOTE=“Nilah, post: 1790297, member: 61756”]I have to meet with my RE so that they can resubmit to the insurance company. This week has been too hectic so I am trying to get in with him early next week. Doing acupuncture on Sunday. I am going to try to do more sessions this time around.

Bebe I hope that things work out but I think being cautiously optimistic is a good way to handle it. Where does he think it should be by next Tuesday?

How is everyone doing?[/QUOTE]
Nilah, I hope you don’t mind me asking. I read that you’re doing acupuncture. Have you heard or been told that acupuncture may help with qauntity and quality of eggs? I’m 41 and just had my first failed IVF due to my 1 egg having a trisomy 22. Now, I’m just trying to find anything that will help me prepare for my second round.