Just starting IVF

Me 31: Everything’s normal
Husband 33: Poor morphology

Well I am just starting the IVF procedure today actually. I take my birth control pills tomorrow and I go in for my injection training and my trial transfer May 30th. I am nervous, but also excited. This is my first time doing anything like this. I am hoping that this can work my first try, but we will see. Does anyone have any encouraging words?:cross: :cross: :cross: :bsv:

Good luck :smiley:

I would pay and ask for ICSI right off the bat with low morphology.

I would also ask your RE about CoQ-10 for you and your spouse.

We had the best results but we switched RE’s and I am not sure if it was the radical protocol changes or the lifestyle changes DH and I did before egg retrieval. I’d like to think it was a bit of both.

Rach

The doctor is doing the IVF/w ICSI. I think they told me that this is the only one he will do for cases like ours. I will be sure to ask about the CoQ. Thanks for the information. You have been very helpful.

Best treatment for infertility

[SIZE=2]Infertility!! Not only Women issues also Men.Infertility is a worldwide problem between partners from all the locations.But in todays world we have solution for all issues.IVF is the best solution for infertility.IVF Success Stories Keep Patients Striving for Pregnancy.But before getting the next step in IVF journey,it’s value looking for out a good infertility treatment center and also cost associated with that treatment.[/SIZE]

Just wanted to wish you good luck with your cycle, hope you are a lucky first timer!! IVF can be really stressful, but in the end it is all worth it :slight_smile: I have a lot of IVF info on my site if you would like to check it out, link is in my sig. If you have any specific questions I would be glad to help. Good luck to you!

I am in my first round of IVF/ICSI and so far have had positive results. Our issues were male factor as well. We go for our first ultrasound tomorrow after confirmed pregnancy last week. It’s an overwhelming process for sure! Wishing you all the best!

Thanks

Thanks everyone for those kind and helpful words. I go to my doctor today for my injection training and a trial transfer. My big box of medicines arrived today so I am anxious to start everything. I stop taking my BCP on the 2nd of June. So I am staying positive here and seeing all of the success stories about first tries is really helping me. I am speaking positive vibes into the universe. I was told that I would start with 2 injections and then 3 injections a day. Has anyone else did that many a day?If everything goes well, I am scheduled to do my retrieval the week of June 17th. :cross: :cross: :cross:

:slight_smile:

Thanks so much for wishing me luck today!! Hope your day is going well. I am checking out your site.

:welcome:

I am on my second go around and I do get 3 injections per day. I am on the Lupron microdose along with Gonalf & menopur.
I remember my first huge box of meds OMG I was so overwhelmed but once you get a place to put it all you can get it all organized and then it won’t look so overwhelming LOL and once you get going it really does go by fast!

[QUOTE=hopefulone31]Thanks everyone for those kind and helpful words. I go to my doctor today for my injection training and a trial transfer. My big box of medicines arrived today so I am anxious to start everything. I stop taking my BCP on the 2nd of June. So I am staying positive here and seeing all of the success stories about first tries is really helping me. I am speaking positive vibes into the universe. I was told that I would start with 2 injections and then 3 injections a day. Has anyone else did that many a day?If everything goes well, I am scheduled to do my retrieval the week of June 17th. :cross: :cross: :cross:[/QUOTE]

Good luck w/ your IVF! I’m on my first IVF as well (although I did do IUI for my DS). You can handle the shots. I was on 5 shots a day! Sometimes 6 if I ran out and had to start a new vial of follistim. Do you know what stims you are doing? I was on follistim (a really easy shot w/ a tiny needle dispensed in a pen), menopur (you can mix multiple menopur vials together to only do one shot), lupron, human growth hormone (b/c I’m OLD! :rolleyes: And it’s supposed to help w/ egg quality) and lovenox (a blood thinner b/c I’ve had a blood clot before).

Felt a bit like a pin cushion, but you get through it. The first night is the hardest, but after that it’s not so bad! Good luck!

[quote=agr72]Good luck w/ your IVF! I’m on my first IVF as well (although I did do IUI for my DS). You can handle the shots. I was on 5 shots a day! Sometimes 6 if I ran out and had to start a new vial of follistim. Do you know what stims you are doing? I was on follistim (a really easy shot w/ a tiny needle dispensed in a pen), menopur (you can mix multiple menopur vials together to only do one shot), lupron, human growth hormone (b/c I’m OLD! :rolleyes: And it’s supposed to help w/ egg quality) and lovenox (a blood thinner b/c I’ve had a blood clot before).

Felt a bit like a pin cushion, but you get through it. The first night is the hardest, but after that it’s not so bad! Good luck![/quote]

I am taking follistim two 900 IU, Menopur, Ganerelix. Some other things I have are Crinone and a HCG shot . I did the practice shot today and it wasn’t bad as I thought.

Update

I had my trial transfer today and at first the doctor said he had a difficult time getting in and then he remembered that I had a C Section. He did get the tube in and said he found another route in and he said everything looked good in there. lol I will go back for my baseline June 6th.

Wow

I am on my second go around and I do get 3 injections per day. I am on the Lupron microdose along with Gonalf & menopur.
I remember my first huge box of meds OMG I was so overwhelmed but once you get a place to put it all you can get it all organized and then it won’t look so overwhelming LOL and once you get going it really does go by fast![/quote]

I was told that I will take about 3 shots also. I think it will be fine after I start. I hope it goes by fast lol My husband got to practice on me today, and he may have been a bit nervous lol