Just talked to Dr. FIRST IUI set for this month!!

Ok, we are going to give it a try! Starting OPK this Friday and then going in for procedure the day after it turns positive.

I started Clomid on day 3 of my cycle.

Can anyone share what meds they were taking? Dr. said we won’t do an ultrasound this time. She wants to see how it goes with just the Clomid and OPK.

My AMH is super low, .8, but praying for the best… :pray:

That meds question is a dangerous one… =)

For example:
This cycle: Clomid, nimodipine or placebo (clinical trial, double blind - don’t go asking for that one yet), ovidrel, crinone.
Always: levoxyl, plus I’m taking these supplements to help: royal jelly w/ bee pollen, bee propolis, korean ginseng, siberian ginseng; l-arginine; omega-3 with Co Q-10; calcium, magnesium, and vitamin D; vitamin B-complex (with folic acid)

I also take: a regular multivitamin (centrum for women), extra iron, and extra vitamin C, but I was doing those before TTC.

I have two unrelated medications as well.

I feel like a drug store!

Actually, besides the cramping and bloating, I feel pretty great.

Good luck! Meds for me right now are just Clomid - what dosage are you on? Doc said he would only go to injectibles right away if I were older… so see how you do on Clomid and then re-evaluate.

On the other hand… hubby’s progression this SA was only a 2 - doesn’t seem very good. : Maybe he needs the Clomid!!

timetotest - interesting with the injectibles. I THINK my doc is moving to injectibles with me because she really thinks I need to be at IVF - and I have to go through 6 IUI, 3 medicated, to qualify though my insurance. So, I think she’s having me do injectibles the last two cycles to see how I’ll respond so we’ll be really ready for IVF.

I’m hoping it works before then. =)

[quote=Poenym]timetotest - interesting with the injectibles. I THINK my doc is moving to injectibles with me because she really thinks I need to be at IVF - and I have to go through 6 IUI, 3 medicated, to qualify though my insurance. So, I think she’s having me do injectibles the last two cycles to see how I’ll respond so we’ll be really ready for IVF.

I’m hoping it works before then. =)[/quote]

I hear you! I have Aetna coverage and I believe they want to see 6 IUIs as well but will re-evaluate before then if we ask… I will re-assess after my third medicated (this is my first). I go to a doc that also does natural cycle IVF and it sounds like we would be a good candidate for that since my eggs are {supposedly} good (AMH high, FSH low, I ov on my own). We’ll see… praying we all get a BFP before having to move on to IVF/other!

I’m pretty good with the idea of medicated IVF - I’d rather have them get a lot of eggs and be able to freeze some so that we don’t have to keep doing the retrieval.

That’s true! I think I will try 1 natural cycle since it’s a lot cheaper and Aetna will pay 80%, but then go full force… I have donated eggs in the past actually, so have been through multiple retrievals and they always get a good amount so praying things don’t change for the ones I need :wink:

That’s cool, that you’ve donated before - and a bit ironic, don’t you think?

Only 80%? That sucks. My problem is that I’m not deemed medically infertile yet - because I haven’t tried for a year at home with a male partner (can’t, no male partner), so my insurance company won’t cover anything until I reach the 6 IUIs… but then it’s not a percentage, it’s a copay, and it’ll be cheaper than the IUIs!

[quote=Poenym]That’s cool, that you’ve donated before - and a bit ironic, don’t you think?

Only 80%? That sucks. My problem is that I’m not deemed medically infertile yet - because I haven’t tried for a year at home with a male partner (can’t, no male partner), so my insurance company won’t cover anything until I reach the 6 IUIs… but then it’s not a percentage, it’s a copay, and it’ll be cheaper than the IUIs![/quote]

Yes, definitely ironic. I was worried that it messed with my eggs I have left but the tests show they are just fine. Don’t have any regrets there! I think it just makes me even more comfortable with this whole process.

That’s awesome that you will only have co-pays for IVF! I was shocked that my IUIs have all been co-pays for monitoring and then the IUI was about the same amount as a co-pay after the 80%. IVF will def be different!