Kind of baffled...any insight?!

Hi All-

My son will be 4 months on December 1st. I got my first AF after he was born on September 25th. That cycle lasted 31 days and I got AF again on October 25th. Well I am now on Cycle day 35, and AF has not arrived, nor do I feel like its coming. Even more baffling is that my breasts are sore and I am leaking colostrum (my milk dried up when he was 4 weeks). Symptoms are pointing towards pregnancy, but the pregnancy tests (Ive taken 3) all say negative. Has anyone had anything similar happen or have any insight as to what might be going on?!

Thanks!

~Kate :flower:

it takes awhile for your hormones to balance out. i’m guessing this is all it is. they say it can take up to a year. usually for me it took about six months before i felt comfortable with when AF was coming.

I am still breastfeeding so I’m not the best reference, but I had what I thought was going to be AF back in September, then nothing in October, then my first full AF in November at the same time of the month as September so I’m inclined to think like dlrust that your body is still working out the hormones, however it would be kind of neat to get a natural BFP too (if that’s what you want). Good luck!!

Thanks Deanna and Kris. I kinda think thats what’s happening too. I would LOVE if it was a natural BFP, as we went for our consult for Baby #2 2 weeks ago. I’m just waiting for AF to show up so that I can get the bloodwork and HSG that I need to have done, and now I’m getting aggrivated. Not to mention that I actually FEEL pregnant which is doing nothing to help matters LOL. And I keep testing and keep getting a BFN, and it gets upsetting, which sounds kind of weird I’m sure…but even though I have this amazing 4 month old baby boy, it still makes me feel like a failure…
My mother is going to fax over orders for a blood pregnancy test today and I’ll just see what that says. I’m not holding out hope for a BFP…but at least I’ll have closure on the subject for now…

Good luck! I think I know what you mean about the “failure” thing…I don’t have the chance of ever having a natural BFP, but I can’t say I don’t always think “miracles can happen” in the back of my mind. Now that AF is back, I’m dreading that monthly reminder that I can’t just get pregnant. I didn’t realize how accustomed I was to not having that lovely reminder. Funny how even with our precious babies, IF can still hunt us down and make us feel bad.

Good luck trying for baby #2…I’m starting to get anxious to try for a second also…but we’ve decided to wait to try until next September so I can have a little break between breastfeeding and TTC and also for job reasons. I hope you get your BFP soon, if you aren’t already pregnant!

[quote=Kris79]Good luck! I think I know what you mean about the “failure” thing…I don’t have the chance of ever having a natural BFP, but I can’t say I don’t always think “miracles can happen” in the back of my mind. Now that AF is back, I’m dreading that monthly reminder that I can’t just get pregnant. I didn’t realize how accustomed I was to not having that lovely reminder. Funny how even with our precious babies, IF can still hunt us down and make us feel bad.

Good luck trying for baby #2…I’m starting to get anxious to try for a second also…but we’ve decided to wait to try until next September so I can have a little break between breastfeeding and TTC and also for job reasons. I hope you get your BFP soon, if you aren’t already pregnant![/quote]

I finally broke down and called the doctors office to see what I should do. I had started spotting Wednesday night, but by Thursday morning, it stopped.

So the doctor’s office wanted me to come in for a beta pregnancy test and progesterone level, just so they could see where in my cycle I was…

Well the verdict is…

[B][I]I’M PREGNANT!!![/I][/B]
[B][/B]
Beta was only 25, so we are unsure if the hcg level is going down or going up. So I’ll go Monday and have another level drawn. In a way I’m shocked…but part of me already knew…its nuts…still trying to absorb LOL

[quote=charlie’smom]I finally broke down and called the doctors office to see what I should do. I had started spotting Wednesday night, but by Thursday morning, it stopped.

So the doctor’s office wanted me to come in for a beta pregnancy test and progesterone level, just so they could see where in my cycle I was…

Well the verdict is…

[B][I]I’M PREGNANT!!![/I][/B]

Beta was only 25, so we are unsure if the hcg level is going down or going up. So I’ll go Monday and have another level drawn. In a way I’m shocked…but part of me already knew…its nuts…still trying to absorb LOL[/quote]

Wow! That’s amazing!!! I hope your level is rising - keep us posted! :cross:

OMG! Congratulations! Isn’t it cool when we “just know”. I “knew” and my beta only tested at an 8 for the first draw (8 dpo). Hope we’re lucky and conceive again quickly after this LO arrives!

Good luck with your 2nd beta today! I hope you get good news! How exciting!