L-Arginine - how long, how much, when to stop taking?

Hi - we are doing a donor embryo transfer June 14th and this is our 2nd time. Last time, they had to extend my transfer date a week, and give me extra estrogen because my lining was too thin. Even after that week, it was barely at 7mm (some measurements read below).

So, this time around I’ve cut out all processed sugar, caffeine, I’m taking pre-natals, and I’ve started L-arginine. My question is, how much should I be taking and when should I stop? Should I continue after the transfer until I go in for my beta? Should I take it the first trimester?

Thanks!

Used 500mg, before and during IVF and FET (stopped on the day of ET). So far, successful. Have to add that I was taking it due to own research I made on internet, my RE was strictly against any supplements, she even didn’t want to discuss with me about it.

What is it exactly for?

[QUOTE=cosmopolitan4112008]What is it exactly for?[/QUOTE]

From what I’ve read, it helps a lot with blood flow and so it helps with getting your lining thicker. It has also been shown to help with sperm motility but that isn’t a factor with us :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Dear_D]Used 500mg, before and during IVF and FET (stopped on the day of ET). So far, successful. Have to add that I was taking it due to own research I made on internet, my RE was strictly against any supplements, she even didn’t want to discuss with me about it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I’ve been doing 2000mg I read that on another board? I will go ahead and stop the day of transfer just to be safe but you make me hopeful it can work!