Late May-Early June Buddies

Just wondering if anyone will be stimming, doing ER or ET later in the month or early in June? I am hoping to start Lupron around May 13 and stims some time later. Just looking for some buddies that may be going through the process around the same time. My meds are supposed to come next Tuesday. Ding, Ding, Ding I am ready for round 2.

Hi Nilah,
I would be happy to join you here. Timing-wise, I didn’t really fit in the May or June threads, so this is perfect. I’m on BCPs now and start Lupron on May 9th with a tentative retrieval around 6/3 ish, so we’re around the same schedule. I’ll be on menopur/follistim (as usual for me) but we’re upping the doses to get more eggs. What protocol will you be on? This is my 3rd IVF (and hopefully the last!).

Hey Dianna:welcome: aboard. I am supposed to start Lupron around the 13th then gonal f and menupor. I was supposed to cycle in February but my blood sugar levels were too high so I have been working to get them under control. I get retested on Friday so hopefully my numbers are below what my RE requires so that I can start. I go in for another u/s and bloodwork on the 13th and will hopefully start the lupron that day. I hope this the last cycle for you and that you get a :bfp::babydust::babydust: and :bsv::bsv:

I am hoping that May is going to be a good month. My DH got a job offer this week and will be starting a new job next week. Thank God. He got laid off at the end of the year so I am happy. I took my a1c (blood sugar) test today. I get the results Tuesday. I am praying that I get the green light to start this cycle this month. :pray: :pray: My meds are supposed to come on Tuesday also. So, I am just going to think positive.

Nilah,
I hope your hemoglobin a1c is in a great place!! Your DH must be so happy to be starting work again. I’m about to move/start a new position in August but DH needs to find a new job now so a bit on the stressful side. I received all my meds a few days ago so they are filling the fridge/counter. I have to get the energy up to organize everything!! Glad to be starting soon though!

Thanks Dianna. I am hoping the results are good too. Yes, he is very happy to be starting a new job. It has been a long 7 month but we survived that obstacle so now on to the next thing. You will be starting Lupron before you know it. Have a great weekend.

HI! I am completely new to this…IVF and Posting!! This is my first IVF cycle…I started Lupron injections on May 3rd…baseline is on May 16th. (Lupron is making me really nauseas but it comes and goes in waves) I am going to be using Gonal F for stimulating and Ovidrel for trigger. I haven’t done any other treatments in the past…I had an ectopic in December which resulted in a ruptured tube. So I lost my right and then found out through HSG, my left tube is completely blocked. So on to IVF. They gave me a tentative retrieval date of May 28th…so I think I’m on almost the same schedule as some of you ladies!! Nice to meet you all!! and GOOD LUCK!
Thanks for listening!!

Heather

Thanks Nilah for creating this thread. I was on the May thread, but all the ladies were so much a head of me, I felt I didn’t fit in. My last BCP is May 21st and I should start stimming soon after that. I haven’t gotten my schedule yet. I’ll have to ask the nurses about that.

Good luck ladies! Not much to report for now, but hoping this thread will explode with more ladies real soon.

:welcome: Heather! I’m so sorry to hear about your ectopic! If you have any questions I have (unfortunately) been through it!

Hi Minieeme! :welcome: to the board!! Do you know which meds you’ll be on?

AFM: I think I mentioned that my RE thinks I probably have endometriosis because I had a big endometrioma (chocolate cyst) after my first cycle which lasted forever (and delayed cycle 2 for months). Also, over the past year, I have been getting right shoulder pain with inspiration during my periods which is consistent with having endometriosis on my diaphragm (referred pain). So we (my RE and I) were deciding on whether to do IVF#3 or a lap. I only have amazing insurance until the end of July, so we’ve decided to do IVF#3, changing my stim doses to produce more eggs to hopefully have a bunch to freeze and if a fresh cycle is negative, then we’ll do the lap, and maybe even squeeze in a frozen cycle (unlikely we have time to do that, but frozen is cheaper than fresh). Anyway, yesterday, despite being on BCP, I got my period full fledged and developed severe right shoulder pain with inspiration (which continues now). My RE told me to start my lupron early because that will likely stop the bleeding from the suspected endometrium. Long story short, I will start lupron tomorrow!

Hello-

I just started the birth control pill for my 3rd IVF with a new dr yesterday. I am hoping to be on these for 2 weeks and then start stimming for a late May early June retrieval. Just waiting to get the final calendar from my Dr. Anxious to get thing started again.

:welcome:heather, minnieme and melsjoy. Glad to have some more company.

Heatherj0731- I am so sorry to hear about your etopic and your blocked tube. My left tube is blocked and my right tube the fluid from the HSG was pooling at the bottom and not flowing right. So I can relate to the tube issues. I hope this cycle works for you and I hope that we can be of some support for this first time process.

minnieme- I felt overwhelmed by the May thread. The ladies there are great but it was so busy and so many people were so far ahead that it was hard to keep up and feel connected. Stimming will be here before we know it.

Dianna- that sounds like a good plan to do an ivf while you have the awesome insurance because this stuff is so expensive. I hope this works for you so that you don’t have to worry about doing a FET and paying out of pocket.

melsjoy- I am right there with you, anxious to get things started.

[QUOTE=Dianna]:welcome: Heather! I’m so sorry to hear about your ectopic! If you have any questions I have (unfortunately) been through it!

Hi Minieeme! :welcome: to the board!! Do you know which meds you’ll be on?

AFM: I think I mentioned that my RE thinks I probably have endometriosis because I had a big endometrioma (chocolate cyst) after my first cycle which lasted forever (and delayed cycle 2 for months). Also, over the past year, I have been getting right shoulder pain with inspiration during my periods which is consistent with having endometriosis on my diaphragm (referred pain). So we (my RE and I) were deciding on whether to do IVF#3 or a lap. I only have amazing insurance until the end of July, so we’ve decided to do IVF#3, changing my stim doses to produce more eggs to hopefully have a bunch to freeze and if a fresh cycle is negative, then we’ll do the lap, and maybe even squeeze in a frozen cycle (unlikely we have time to do that, but frozen is cheaper than fresh). Anyway, yesterday, despite being on BCP, I got my period full fledged and developed severe right shoulder pain with inspiration (which continues now). My RE told me to start my lupron early because that will likely stop the bleeding from the suspected endometrium. Long story short, I will start lupron tomorrow![/QUOTE]

I’ll be on 225 bravelle and 150 menapur. RE wants to go slow and longer with stims. I see a lot of ladies are taking Lupron. What is that for? I’ve never taken it nor did RE ever mention that with me. Just curious.

I hope everything goes well with your cycle and you get your bfp

lupron is used to suppress ovulation so that the RE can control the cycle. If you are prone to being overs-suppressed or your RE has good control over it you might not need it. Some times bcps are used instead of or in conjunction with lupron.

Hi ladies…
Excited to be apart of this thread! I started birth control about 9days ago and hoping to get my meds this Thursday…I think they are changing them from my 1st IVF cycle so not sure what they will be. So I should be on the same schedule as you all hopefully:) I’m just ready to get started and get the ball rolling.
Good luck to you all and praying for miracle babies all around!
God bless

Lindsay

:welcome: gracegrace

AFM: just waiting on my a1c blood work results. Now I have to wait until tomorrow because my primary care doctor is out today. Hurry up and wait is the motto of this whole process.

I don’t want to complain too loudly because my insurance covers the cost of most of my drugs. However, dealing with the insurance company is such a pain in the butt. I have been going around the mullberry bush for the last two weeks trying to figure out which pharmacy I have to use, what is covered and what is not. This process has been a pain. Today I get a call saying that the insurance denied my authorization for the lupron so I have to pay for it out of pocket. I ended up getting it from Freedom Fertility which charged $149 which wasn’t bad in comparison to a local pharmacy that wanted to charge me $229. I need my $80 extra bucks. I cancelled that order at the local pharmacy so fast and called Freedom and had them fill the order as an out of pocket transaction. I am not going to complain too loudly but HMOs get on my nerve. The only reason I have an HMO is for this IVF. The PPO that I had didn’t cover any part of IVF and the HMO at least pays for part of it. Every little bit helps but boy the run around and all of the authorizations and referals that you need with HMO is arduous. I am done my mini vent.

I know what you mean about insurance. I’m so fortunate I have insurance that covers IVF, but all the approvals and pre-authorizations they require is a pain in the butt. I’ve called them many times to figure out what is covered and what is not and how much of it is covered regarding my meds and after talking to 4 different people and being transferred everywhere, I still don’t have the answer. When the pharmacy called to tell me my cost was $199, I had to have her repeat it couple of times cause I couldn’t believe it covered that much. My out of pocket cost without insurance would have been over $4k. This was the only way I found out it covered so much. So I hear ya girl.

Finally got my schedule. Looks like my approx. ER date would be 6/5. My last BCP is 5/20 and go in for baseline that day. Can’t wait to get the ball rolling.

Hot Darn. I got the green light to start. Woo hoo. I am so excited. I go in on Monday for bloodwork and u/s. I have worked so hard over the last few months that I am happy to see something positive.

Yay Nilah!

Hi I’d love to join this thread. I was on the other May thread but I was way behind most of the ladies. This is my first IVF. I’m on my 4th day of BCPs. I’ll take them through the 14th and I go in on the 15th for baseline us/bw.

I also have to have my glucose checked on Monday. It was a little high. They want it to be below 90 before I start.

Minnieme and Nilah you’re very lucky that your insurance covers IVF. My insurance doesn’t cover any fertility treatment. So except for my workup I’m paying completely out of pocket. I’m thankful though I was able to come up with the funds for at least 1 cycle and hopefully a second of needed. I don’t which meds I’ll be on yet but I hope they’re on the less expensive side.