Length of cycles? Trigger days? CD in which you O'd & had IUI?

Ok, I am new to all this and I would just like to see how everyone else’s cycles compare to mine and what I should expect. My cycles usually runs anywhere from 25-28 day. The last 5 cycles before this past one was 26 days. The last one was 24. I am currently on CD 3 and my RE has me starting 100 mg of Clomid CD 5-9 and coming in for an ultrasound on CD 13. Is it possible that I will O before I even go in for my ultrasound?

What is your experience with all this? How many days are your cycles usually and when do you normally O? Thanks so much!

I’d personally say it could be to early. Maybe ask for an earlier scan for this cycle. but there is also a chance CD13 might be just right. Usually you ovulated 5-10 days AFTER your last clomid pill.

My cycles are always 28 days, with ovulation being at cd14. But my first clomid/IUI cycle, i triggered on CD14 and ovulated on CD16. I also did the clomid cd3-7.

My cycle is about 29-30 days. I am not currently using a trigger but this was my first IUI. I got a +OPK on day 15 and ovulated on day 16. Being on a medicated cycle I believe changes when you ovulate. I’m sure everything will work out just fine but if you dont feel comfortable with it, I would call your doctor and check. At least he can explain why he doesn’t want you to come in sooner given what your cycle length has been. It might make you feel more comfortable with everything.

My cycle is usually 25-27 days. On Clomid, I typically ovulate on cd14. This past month I was on Femara, and I ovulated on cd13. I usually start doing ovulation tests on cd11 or 12 just to be on the safe side!

Update…

I called my RE’s office today and explained my concerns. The lady I spoke with said he may be wanting to do the ultrasound on CD 13 because the Clomid could make me O later than normal. But she went ahead and moved the apt up 2 days just in case. She said if everything looks good when I go in on Dec. 7 the plan will be for me to trigger that night and come back on Dec. 9th for the IUI. I’m guessing if the ultrasound ends up being too early they will have me come back on the 9th to see how things look then. Thanks for all the responses ladies!

My cycles are similar in length to yours, perhaps a little longer.

IUI#1 (Clomid CD3-7) - no LH surge or trigger - IUI on CD15, O’d CD16 - 28 day cycle
IUI#2 (Clomid CD3-7) - +LH surge CD13 - IUI on CD14, O’d CD14 - 26 day cycle
IUI#3 (Clomid CD3-7) - +LHsurge CD14 -IUI on CD15 - ???

[quote=Kris79]My cycles are similar in length to yours, perhaps a little longer.

IUI#1 (Clomid CD3-7) - no LH surge or trigger - IUI on CD15, O’d CD16 - 28 day cycle
IUI#2 (Clomid CD3-7) - +LH surge CD13 - IUI on CD14, O’d CD14 - 26 day cycle
IUI#3 (Clomid CD3-7) - +LHsurge CD14 -IUI on CD15 - ???[/quote]

Did being on Clomid change your date of Ovulation or make your cycles longer?

[quote=sc28751]Ok, I am new to all this and I would just like to see how everyone else’s cycles compare to mine and what I should expect. My cycles usually runs anywhere from 25-28 day. The last 5 cycles before this past one was 26 days. The last one was 24. I am currently on CD 3 and my RE has me starting 100 mg of Clomid CD 5-9 and coming in for an ultrasound on CD 13. Is it possible that I will O before I even go in for my ultrasound?

What is your experience with all this? How many days are your cycles usually and when do you normally O? Thanks so much![/quote]
[SIZE=3]
My medicated cycles were exactly 28 days. My none medicated ones were up to 35. However, I ovulated late on both: right around cd17-18.[/SIZE]