length of OHSS??

Got pregnant on my first IVF cycle - yay! But now I am miserable because I developed moderate OHSS and have been in agony this past week!. I started getting symptoms 7 days ago right when I found out I was prego, have had over 2 liters of fluid drained twice and probably will be going back tomorrow for more drainage. I’m just wondering if anyone else went thru this & how long it lasted??
My doc says I have another week to go but I keep reading it can last much longer which I’m dreading!

[quote=onbaby2]Got pregnant on my first IVF cycle - yay! But now I am miserable because I developed moderate OHSS and have been in agony this past week!. I started getting symptoms 7 days ago right when I found out I was prego, have had over 2 liters of fluid drained twice and probably will be going back tomorrow for more drainage. I’m just wondering if anyone else went thru this & how long it lasted??
My doc says I have another week to go but I keep reading it can last much longer which I’m dreading![/quote]

Onbaby I don’t have any advise to give as my OHSS didn’t last too long. Take care of yourself and I hope you feel better soon.

I was in rough shape till 10 1/2 weeks. Now I’m 29 weeks w/ twins…hang in there…lots of gatorade and protein :wink:

[quote=onbaby2]Got pregnant on my first IVF cycle - yay! But now I am miserable because I developed moderate OHSS and have been in agony this past week!. I started getting symptoms 7 days ago right when I found out I was prego, have had over 2 liters of fluid drained twice and probably will be going back tomorrow for more drainage. I’m just wondering if anyone else went thru this & how long it lasted??
My doc says I have another week to go but I keep reading it can last much longer which I’m dreading![/quote]

Look for it to clear up in 1-2 weeks. Be very careful with it and report everything to your doctor.

if you have OHSS that bad, Im bettting twins.
had mild OHSS, never had to have any fluid drained, but I gained like 6lbs in 1 day! Mine lasted till I was 8wks preggo. I got so short of breath just walking around.

Congrats!

My doc gave me dostinex and I was feeling more like normal about a week after I was drained. I had a large cyst on one of my ovaries that continued to give me pain until about 12 weeks, but the bloating went away with the dostinex.

Im going through the same exact thing. This was my first completed IVF cycle and just had my positive beta confirmed yesterday. I was diagnosed with moderate ohss but my doctor wont drain the fluid until it gets to the point that it affects my respiratory. The pain and bloating is intense and he has taken me out of work until Im feeling better. Your post is a few days old, so please share how you are feeling now and what you have been doing to get some relief. My fear is that we leave for our cruise on April 1st and I pray that im still able to go and enjoy myself.