Letrazole & Metformin

Hi All!

I’ve been on Letrazole now for 3 months and no positives yet. Have an appt. with my RE tomorrow and going to see about getting on Metformin too… I’m not insulin resistant though, so I’m not sure if he will put me on it or not… Have any of you had any success on Metformin and Letrazole combination?

I’m a “thin” PCOS’er and non-insulin resistant when fasting. However, I have been trying to lose some weight as I’ve packed on 40 lbs in 3 years, but diet and exercise has not worked… also get the hair growth thing… To me, this is a sign of IR (maybe I get it after I eat… don’t know)…

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks, Molly

[QUOTE=MMJohnson]Hi All!

I’ve been on Letrazole now for 3 months and no positives yet. Have an appt. with my RE tomorrow and going to see about getting on Metformin too… I’m not insulin resistant though, so I’m not sure if he will put me on it or not… Have any of you had any success on Metformin and Letrazole combination?

I’m a “thin” PCOS’er and non-insulin resistant when fasting. However, I have been trying to lose some weight as I’ve packed on 40 lbs in 3 years, but diet and exercise has not worked… also get the hair growth thing… To me, this is a sign of IR (maybe I get it after I eat… don’t know)…

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks, Molly[/QUOTE]

Hi Molly!
I have lean PCOS as well, and if there is only one thing that I’ve learned in the past two years, it’s that PCOS is SUPER frustrating! I have been on Metformin for the past year and a half, and it is something that is necessary for me to control the amount of cysts on my ovaries. I usually have to take a month off on birth control between stimulated cycles to control the cysts as well. What did you and your RE decide last week?

Just wanted to say hi and let you know that you’re not alone! :flower: Good luck!

I have the same issue. If you read my siggy you’ll see that my first cycle with just Femara was a bust! When we upped the Femara and added glucophage I had one great follie but got :bfn: 3rd try was a bust again…no good follies. So now I’m waiting for :af: But I had emergency gall bladder surgery on Tuesday so it won’t surprise me if they don’t let me try this coming cycle. I’m CD29 today. So I might have to wait until we return from our Disney cruise/ vacation to try again. So it definately worked the first try but not the second. I’m just gonna keep trying and hope we get it right sooner or later. GL :babydust: And :bsv: To all!