Letrozole Side Effects

Hey, everyone! I’m on my second cycle of Letrozole, and I haven’t seen any REALLY drastic side effects yet. What I’m seeing most is that I’m having crazy, vivid dreams. Anyone taking Letrozole, what side effects are you having?

I don’t think I ever had any real side effects from Femera…only thing I remember the first time I took it was getting a bad headache but it quickly went away with Tylenol. The other two times, with an increased dose, I never experienced anything directly related to the pills. Good luck to you!!

I experienced fewer side effects on Letrozole than Clomid that’s for sure. The only negative side effect I had was a chronic headache everyday. I already suffer from migraines so this just made it worse. But I will suffer through ANYTHING to have a baby. It’s all worth it!

I just did a mini-ivf cycle with Letrozole and was pleasantly surprised about the lack of side-effects!!! We had our egg retrieval on saturday and have 4 fertilized embryos and we are hoping they grow to blast… :pray:
I’d take it again on my next cycle for sure.

Good luck to you!

Was not so bad

My main side effects were just headaches and on Day 7 I felt my ovaries for the first time since they felt like golf balls. I had some other side effects after ovulation but it was from the trigger shot.

:bsv: , Dana

I start tonight, and I am hoping for relatively few side effects. My Dr. told us that Letrozole tends to be tolerated well, and side effects seem to be less than Clomid.

[QUOTE=LadyDanaDragon]My main side effects were just headaches and on Day 7 I felt my ovaries for the first time since they felt like golf balls. I had some other side effects after ovulation but it was from the trigger shot.

:bsv: , Dana[/QUOTE]What side effects did you get from the trigger shot?

Trigger shot

Hi Halpert,

My trigger was Ovidrel with a PreFilled Syringe. I think the dose was 250. Within 24 hours my back started to hurt and feel tight. It also gave me both postive LH and HCG strip wondfo tests.

I never had ovulation pains before this, but my right ovary with the lead follicle hurt on and off for about a week after the iui. I had to pee more for the first few days and was thirsty. I have also had really dry lips (mouth) which have still not gotten better.

Hope the info helps, Dana

[QUOTE=LadyDanaDragon]Hi Halpert,

My trigger was Ovidrel with a PreFilled Syringe. I think the dose was 250. Within 24 hours my back started to hurt and feel tight. It also gave me both postive LH and HCG strip wondfo tests.

I never had ovulation pains before this, but my right ovary with the lead follicle hurt on and off for about a week after the iui. I had to pee more for the first few days and was thirsty. I have also had really dry lips (mouth) which have still not gotten better.

Hope the info helps, Dana[/QUOTE]Thanks Dana, this is my first rodeo with letrozole/ovidrel :slight_smile:

Ovidrel is HCG so you may experience several PG symptoms with it. I had more symptoms w/ the trigger & progesterone than anything. Just be prepared for those sypmtoms, if not, they can really drive you crazy. Best advice I ever got - It’s not real until proven otherwise. Saved me a lot of heartache my last two rounds.

[QUOTE=Hopeful4Baby23]Ovidrel is HCG so you may experience several PG symptoms with it. I had more symptoms w/ the trigger & progesterone than anything. Just be prepared for those sypmtoms, if not, they can really drive you crazy. Best advice I ever got - It’s not real until proven otherwise. Saved me a lot of heartache my last two rounds.[/QUOTE]
Thank you so much for sharing with me! :thankyou:

Hi everyone,

They changed my dose from 2.5 to 5mg. I had a headache the first day but after that have been fine. I actually have had less side effects than I did with the lower dose. Not sure if that is a good sign or bad :confused:

:bsv: , Dana

I was on 2.5 g of letrozole and didn’t have any side effects. I also only got one follicle, 23 mm.

This gives me so much hope! I had horrible side effects from the clomid, ranging from nausea, bloating, and weight gain to bad headaches. I start my first round of letrozole next month!

[QUOTE=armywife10;n2604249]This gives me so much hope! I had horrible side effects from the clomid, ranging from nausea, bloating, and weight gain to bad headaches. I start my first round of letrozole next month![/QUOTE]
Letrozole is so different for me than Clomid. I had every Clomid side effect, and the only Letrozole side effects I have had are vivid nightmareish dreams (which I already have just a little more scary lol) and headaches which I already have anyway! Neither effect bothers me much. I wish you huge blessings, and hope Letrozole is easy on you AND you get your baby!! :slight_smile:

testtestasdt

It worked to help me get pregnant. I bought it online at this pharmacy http://www.saferonlinepharmacy.com they won’t ask you for a doctor’s prescription. Hope this helps everyone. :slight_smile:

It worked to help me get pregnant. I bought it online at this pharmacy Saferonlinepharmacy.com they won’t ask you for a doctor’s prescription. Hope this helps everyone. :slight_smile:

Sorry but Femara didn’t work but clomid together with metformin got me pregnant. I bought it online at this pharmacy http://www.saferonlinepharmacy.com they won’t ask you for a doctor’s prescription. Hope this helps everyone. :slight_smile: