List your IVF 40+ BFP HERE! (Successes only please, not chat)

Hi Ladies. This post was brought to my attention as being a great thread for a “sticky” and I have to agree. There are some great questions that others going through IVF/FET can use as support. Thanks for the thread idea Teresa! Please answer as much as you can. Your experiences often give others the guidance and encouragement they need to get through their IF struggles. I hope that this thread is able to help you all get those BFP’s that you deserve. Best of luck in 2010, this is YOUR year.

Name:
How long TTC:
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC:
Any natural or herbal remedies used:
Diagnosis or any known issues:
Treatments you tried:
Treatment (if any) that led to success:
Are you using donor eggs or sperm:
Protocol (meds taken if any):
If IVF how many follicles at ER:
If IVF how many eggs retrieved:
If IVF how many eggs fertilized:
If IVF how many days between ER and ET:
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:
Symptoms or issues during 2WW:
What day you got your BFP:
HPT before blood test:
Number of first beta:
Number of babies:
Why do [B]YOU[/B] think that you were successful this time?
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process!

Name:Susie
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: FSH somewhere around 10.5 to 12
How long TTC: 3 months
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: yes. plus have gone through this 4 years before due to low morphology
Any natural or herbal remedies used:acupuncture and chinese herbs
Diagnosis or any known issues:low morphology, age
Treatments you tried: ivf
Treatment (if any) that led to success:ivf (second time)
Are you using donor eggs or sperm:no
Protocol (meds taken if any):follistim, menopur, saizen, endometrim, estradiol, lupron, prometrium, baby aspirin
If IVF how many follicles at ER:17
If IVF how many eggs retrieved:16 mature
If IVF how many eggs fertilized:12
If IVF how many days between ER and ET:5
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:2 - 1 hatching blast and 1 morola
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: tired, cramping
What day you got your BFP: 11dpt
HPT before blood test:yes
Number of first beta: 258
Number of babies:1
Why do YOU think that you were successful this time? Growth hormone definitely increased the number of eggs but I feel using CGH to test all the chromosomes made the difference. I’ve used PGD in the past (for first successful pregnancy and first IVF this round) but it doesn’t check every chromosome. Of the 12 embryos tested with CGH only 2 came back normal. I was still able to do a 5 day transfer with CGH testing.
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! No.

Name:ekb88
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: highest was 10.7
How long TTC: 2.5 years
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: I went to three RE’s. The middle one told me ivf “wasn’t worth it” and that I should look at donor egg or adoption
Any natural or herbal remedies used: resveratrol, coQ-10, royal jelly, omega-3, vitamin D, acupuncture and chinese herbs,
Diagnosis or any known issues: age, endometriosis, one ovary, hypothyroid from Hashimoto’s, some PCOS markers
Treatments you tried: 2 iui’s, 1 ivf started that was converted to iui due to poor response, 2 completed ivf’s (one chem pg, one bfn)
Treatment (if any) that led to success: natural bfp waiting to start ivf#3 (had taken a three month break)
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no
Protocol (meds taken if any): none on succesful cycle. Did high stim on previous cycles.
If IVF how many follicles at ER: first - 4 follies. second - 8 follies
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: first - 3 eggs, 1 mature. second - 2 eggs, 1 mature
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: 1 each time
If IVF how many days between ER and ET: 3
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: first - 6 cell, grade 2 (1-4 scale, 1 best). second - 8 cell, grade 1 (started supplements after failed first ivf. embie improvement notable)
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: not much
What day you got your BFP: on natural cycle, 14dpo
HPT before blood test: yes
Number of first beta: 239
Number of babies: 1
Why do [B]YOU[/B] think that you were successful this time? multiple reasons. 1) finally got thyroid controlled. TSH had been 2.7 - synthroid dose was bumped up the month I got my bfp. 2) resveratrol (250 or 500mg from revgenetics.com) 3) Vitamin D supplementation 4) acupuncture. I’m convinced it improved my endometriosis

1. How important the thyroid is, and how important it is to get a tsh down below 2.0
  2. How much RE’s vary, and how important it is to see someone who treats 40+ women on a regular basis.
  3. That it’s important to keep trying different things and researching and figuring stuff out. No one doctor knows everything and you have to advocate for yourself and learn everything you can.

Name: Heather
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: dont know numbers but told excellent for my age
How long TTC: 2 years 10 months
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: Yes, after 2 and a half years
Any natural or herbal remedies used: Tried it all,acupuncture, Royal Queen Jelly, Co Q 10, Wheatgrass and numerous others
Diagnosis or any known issues: Secondary IF
Treatments you tried: Clomid and follistim W/ IUI,IVF
Treatment (if any) that led to success: IVF w/ icsi & assisted hatching
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: NO
Protocol (meds taken if any):Follistim 300iu, menopur and lupron
If IVF how many follicles at ER: 15
If IVF how many eggs retrieved:15
If IVF how many eggs fertilized:8
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 3 embies. All 8 cell grade 1. none to freeze
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: No symptoms. I was so sure it didn’t work.
What day you got your BFP: 14 dpt
HPT before blood test: no
Number of first beta:102
Why do [B]YOU[/B] think that you were successful this time? Even though I had in the past did everything I could to ensure success, this time around I chose to do nothing. (I still drank 1 cup of coffee a day) I decided it was too stressful to do all the dietary changes and acupuncture and I wanted to just take it easy and be stress free. But on the other hand, having done all the healthy changes in the past may have helped anyway. I also changed RE’s
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! That the 13 IUI’s I did weren’t going to work. In other words don’t spend too much time and money on something that isn’t working even if your re says that it should.

Name: Hope4BB
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: Range from FSH 7-11/E2 22-57
How long TTC: 2+ years
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: Yes, low odds, and suggest better odds with DE
Any natural or herbal remedies used: Acupuncture & all of the other suggested supplements (RJ, Omegas, Vitex, etc.)
Diagnosis or any known issues: Age & Male sperm issues
Treatments you tried: 1 IUI, 3 IVF
Treatment (if any) that led to success: 3rd IVF BFP, but ended at 7 weeks.
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken if any): Aggressive protocol of 450 foll, 150 menopur, HGH, testosterone, clomid, estrogen, dex, progesterone
If IVF how many follicles at ER: 7-8 max.
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 7 max, but more often only 3-4
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: 1-2
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1-2 8 cell A Quality
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: BFP less symptoms then previous BFN’s. Tired, hot flashes, very sore BB’s. and misc. mild symptoms that could be preg or progesterone!
What day you got your BFP: waited until beta 14dpo
Number of first beta: 128
Why do [B]YOU[/B] think that you were successful this time? I really believe that acupuncture helped the most, and other changes included increase protein, omegas, supplements (including Fertility Blend), more exercise, and a positive attitude.
How much IVF would take over your life, so make sure you stay involved in other things so you don’t get overwhelmed! Stay positive even though doctors and everything you read will make you feel otherwise. Believe that it CAN happen for you! Even though my story didn’t end on a positive note, I was able to get pregnant and that is what keeps me going and I hope that helps other 40+ women keep pursuing their goal!

This is for cycle 2, the successful one
[FONT=Verdana]Name: Sheri
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: CD3 E2 51. Don’t really remember the FSH, but it was below 8 for sure
How long TTC: 5 years? More?
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: Oh, yeah. Not that the FSH was terrible, it was just a matter of finding the one perfect egg among all the flawed ones.
Any natural or herbal remedies used: DHEA, but I did have it compounded, so it’s sort of prescription. Also used acupuncture and meditation cds.
Diagnosis or any known issues: Not a thing wrong, just old
Treatments you tried: Lap for endo, IUI, IVF with ICSI, AH, and embryo glue
Treatment (if any) that led to success: IVF
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: Nope, all our own
Protocol (meds taken if any): microdose Lupron 10 units 2x day, Gonal-f 225 2x day, then after retrieval Lovenox 1x day, endometrin 2x day
If IVF how many follicles at ER: 10
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 9
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: 8
If IVF how many days between ER and ET: 5
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 3 blasts, one 3AA and two 2AA
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: spotting, slight cramping
What day you got your BFP: 15 dpt (my RE makes us wait FOREVER!)
HPT before blood test: no, too frightened. Lots afterward, though!
Number of first beta: 1,107
Number of babies: 1, a son
Why do [B]YOU[/B] think that you were successful this time? DHEA the ten weeks prior to cycle start
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process? Another woman’s success is not YOUR success. Cheer for others, but don’t expect the same result.[/FONT]

Thanks for sharing

Hi there,

I am 43 yrs old and I tried IUI 2 x’s and now waiting to find out if my clinic will do IVF depends on number and quality of eggs. I test is a few weeks to find out if I have quantity and quality. Last week they told me they wouldn’t becuase of my age… they called me back to say they made a mistake and would do a few test’s before they decide. I have always wanted to be a mom… not my fault it took so long to find a good man! The clinic looks at me like shame on you for waiting and wasting time! Grr makes me crazy, who are they to judge. Well it took some time to find good news from 40+ moms.

Thanks for sharing your stories.

VStargirl–I am so with you…the clinic you choose should treat you respectfully…I’m not sure I’d continue with a clinic with the “shame on you attitude”. I did that for my 1st IVF cycle, and won’t ever do it again. I recommend CCRM in Colorado. Especially if you have no insurance coverage…you’re going to pay anyway…why not give it your best shot? They have WAY more experience with us (ahem) older ladies, and have the highest success rates in the countryfor women >40…their one-day workup will give you a pretty good picture of your chances. There’s a place in Portland, OR with fairly good rates too, although not as much experience. Don’t give up. It can happen!! All the best to you!!
Ps…I’ll be 40 before this baby comes.

This thread is AWESOME!!!

First cycle in March 2010 did not work. This was my second cycle in May 2010!
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results:12, 0.5, 25
How long TTC: 3 months
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: Yes plus I had my tubes tied when I was 26.
Any natural or herbal remedies used: Tried it all,acupuncture, Royal Jelly, Bee Pollen and Coast Science!
Diagnosis or any known issues: Tied tubes!
Treatment (if any) that led to success: IVF w/ icsi
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: NO
Protocol (meds taken if any):MDL, Follistim 450iu, 150iu menopur and lupron
If IVF how many follicles at ER: 6
If IVF how many eggs retrieved:6
If IVF how many eggs fertilized:4
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 blasts 1-4AB, 1-4BB, 1 Morula. none to freeze
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: diarrhea
What day you got your BFP: 5dp5dt
Number of first beta:147 at 13dpo’s
Why do YOU think that you were successful this time? I did acupuncture to help with my lining and this time I just prayed and gave it to God. I was a mad woman my first cycle, but this one I was more relaxed.

[COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]Sheri1968 - Why did you have the DHEA compounded?

[COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]Vstargirl - I also recommend CCRM in CO. I wish I had called them a year ago when my FSH levels were still below 8, but I naively thought I had more “time”. All part of the denial that got me here in the first place :slight_smile:

Name:JMBallard
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results:
How long TTC:2 yrs
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: Yes
Any natural or herbal remedies used: No
Diagnosis or any known issues:PCOS(me) low Morph(DH)
Treatments you tried: Clomid/IUI(5x)
Treatment (if any) that led to success:1st IVF/ICSI
Are you using donor eggs or sperm:No
Protocol (meds taken if any):BC, baby ASA, Lupron, Follistim, PIO
If IVF how many follicles at ER:23+
If IVF how many eggs retrieved:20
If IVF how many eggs fertilized:7
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 Blast, 1 Morula
Symptoms or issues during 2WW:NONE
What day you got your BFP: 9dp5dt
HPT before blood test:MANY
Number of first beta:87
Number of babies: 1 beautiful boy
Why do [B]YOU[/B] think that you were successful this time? Great RE!!! 2 days Bedrest
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process. We did not realize how many ups and downs are involved…and we were successful on the first try!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Name:JMBallard
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results:
How long TTC:2 yrs
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: Yes
Any natural or herbal remedies used: No
Diagnosis or any known issues:PCOS(me) low Morph(DH)
Treatments you tried: Clomid/IUI(5x)
Treatment (if any) that led to success:1st IVF/ICSI
Are you using donor eggs or sperm:No
Protocol (meds taken if any):BC, baby ASA, Lupron, Follistim, PIO
If IVF how many follicles at ER:23+
If IVF how many eggs retrieved:20
If IVF how many eggs fertilized:7
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 Blast, 1 Morula
Symptoms or issues during 2WW:NONE
What day you got your BFP: 9dp5dt
HPT before blood test:MANY
Number of first beta:87
Number of babies: 1 beautiful boy
Why do [B]YOU[/B] think that you were successful this time? Great RE!!! 2 days Bedrest
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process. We did not realize how many ups and downs are involved…and we were successful on the first try!

[quote=dndtaylor]
.[/quote]

Name: mary
Age: 44 when started, but BFP on HPT on my 45th birthday
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: FSH high, other tests normal
How long TTC: 1 year
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: yes
Any natural or herbal remedies used: no
Diagnosis or any known issues: DOR
Treatments you tried: timed intercourse, then went straight to IVF with DE
Treatment (if any) that led to success: 1st FET after fresh failed
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: yes
Protocol (meds taken if any): estrodial and PIO
If IVF how many follicles at ER: can’t remember
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 48
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: 42
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 high quality --can’t remember ratings.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: tired
What day you got your BFP: 12/18
HPT before blood test: yes, too impatient
Number of first beta: see sig
Number of babies:1
Why do [B]YOU[/B] think that you were successful this time? luck? We had 7 more frozen to try with if needed. it was bound to happen
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process!that it would be worth it. Making the decision and picking the donor were the hardest part. So thankful that made the decision

Success at 43

Name: Donna
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: Normal
Any natural or herbal remedies used: no
Diagnosis or any known issues: Endometriosis
Treatments you tried: timed intercourse, then went straight to IVF using my own eggs
Treatment (if any) that led to success:
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken if any): Lupron flare followed by Estrace & Endometrin
If IVF how many follicles at ER: 16
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 33
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: 29
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 3 good quality (3AA; 2AA; 3BB).
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: tired; lower back pain
What day you got your BFP: 10
HPT before blood test: No
Number of first beta: ?
Number of babies: Don’t know yet: All I know is, it worked and my HcG levels are awesome.
Why do YOU think that you were successful this time? I was lucky. I had a great stimulation and large number of follicles & fertilized eggs for someone my age, so we were able to go to Day 5 and had 7 good quality blasts. We transferred 3 and 4 left over for cryo.
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: The rollercoaster ride it would be; but how well worth the angst.

Thank you ladies show posting your success…It makes me feel as if there is hope for me yet…

[quote=dndtaylor]Hi Ladies. This post was brought to my attention as being a great thread for a “sticky” and I have to agree. There are some great questions that others going through IVF/FET can use as support. Thanks for the thread idea Teresa! Please answer as much as you can. Your experiences often give others the guidance and encouragement they need to get through their IF struggles. I hope that this thread is able to help you all get those BFP’s that you deserve. Best of luck in 2010, this is YOUR year.

Name: Iwannabeamommy2
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: FSH was pretty low…like 5
How long TTC: approx 1 year
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: yes…too many times
Any natural or herbal remedies used: acupunture
Diagnosis or any known issues: partially blocked tubes
Treatments you tried: unblocked tubes
Protocol (meds taken if any): flare
If IVF how many follicles at ER: 21
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 10
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: 9
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 4
What day you got your BFP: 6th day
Number of first beta: 99
Why do [B]YOU[/B] think that you were successful this time? 6 mos of acupuncture
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process![/quote] how to save money on ivf…doctors ripped us off. we should not have paid anything up front. prepayments to doctors when a patient has medical insurance is illegal.

we’re so incredibly happy!! we also tried IUI…it didn’t work. words of experience: if clomid doesn’t work the 2nd time, get additional tests done. don’t keep doing something that isn’t going to work. also before you do ANYTHING find a loving & extremely talented, acupuncturist that you can really relate to. this person is going to make your dreams come true:clap: because we’re NOW :preg:

[quote=dndtaylor]Hi Ladies. This post was brought to my attention as being a great thread for a “sticky” and I have to agree. There are some great questions that others going through IVF/FET can use as support. Thanks for the thread idea Teresa! Please answer as much as you can. Your experiences often give others the guidance and encouragement they need to get through their IF struggles. I hope that this thread is able to help you all get those BFP’s that you deserve. Best of luck in 2010, this is YOUR year.

Name: Iwannabeamommy2
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: FSH was pretty low…like 5
How long TTC: approx 1 year
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: yes…too many times
Any natural or herbal remedies used: acupunture
Diagnosis or any known issues: partially blocked tubes
Treatments you tried: unblocked tubes
Protocol (meds taken if any): flare
If IVF how many follicles at ER: 21
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 10
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: 9
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 4
What day you got your BFP: 6th day
Number of first beta: 99
Why do [B]YOU[/B] think that you were successful this time? 6 mos of acupuncture
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process![/quote] how to save money on ivf…doctors ripped us off. we should not have paid anything up front. prepayments to doctors when a patient has medical insurance is illegal.

we’re so incredibly happy!! we also tried IUI…it didn’t work. words of experience: if clomid doesn’t work the 2nd time, get additional tests done. don’t keep doing something that isn’t going to work. also before you do ANYTHING find a loving & extremely talented, acupuncturist that you can really relate to. this person is going to make your dreams come true:clap: because we’re NOW :preg:

Name: Maggie01
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: all within normal range
Any natural or herbal remedies used:no
Diagnosis or any known issues: none
Treatments you tried: this time just IVF
Treatment (if any) that led to success: assisted hatching
Are you using donor eggs or sperm:no
Protocol (meds taken if any):
If IVF how many follicles at ER: 12
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 9
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: 6
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 3
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: cramping. thought I was going to get my period.
What day you got your BFP: day 11
Number of first beta: 84
Why do [B]YOU[/B] think that you were successful this time? Just lucky,I think
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! That multiple IUI’s don’t work. Unfortunately the insurance co. insisted on 6. What a waste of time and money.

Name: Reesesmommy
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: all normal
How long TTC: 2 years
Any natural or herbal remedies used: home-made chicken essence - if you want recipe let me know
Diagnosis or any known issues: unknown infertility
Treatments you tried: clomid x 3
Treatment (if any) that led to success: no
Protocol (meds taken if any): lupron, follistim, menopur, pregnyl
If IVF how many follicles at ER: 8
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 7
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: 5
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 8-cell grade A
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: fatigue and constant hunger
What day you got your BFP: d11p3dt
Number of first beta: 92
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! Don’t freak out if you see spotting during 2ww and after :bfp: … apparently it’s common even if in normal pregnancies but it freaked me out to no end and almost lost all hope. Infertility is not something that’s easy to talk about even with your closest family and friends, so finding this forum helped me a lot because I can lean on ladies undergoing the same procedures for support … and it is definitely necessary during these trying times or else I would’ve gone beserk!!! Thanks everyone who’s listened to my rants and supported me during the past month!
Grow baby grow!:cheer: