List your IVF 40+ BFP HERE! (Successes only please, not chat)

FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: FSH - 6 and then repeated 11. AMH was good
How long TTC: 7 years
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: yes, many times
Any natural or herbal remedies used: CoQ10, Royal Jelly, wheat germ, chlorophyll, acupuncture
Diagnosis or any known issues: AMA and unknown reasons
Treatments you tried: IUI with clomid, IUI with injectables and IVF
Treatment (if any) that led to success: IVF #1
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken if any): Lupron Flare protocol
If IVF how many follicles at ER: 6
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 7
If IVF how many eggs fertilized:5
If IVF how many days between ER and ET: 3
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: transferred 1 8cell grade 2, 1 6 cell grade 3, one 5 cell grade 3 and 2 low grade (5 - yikes!)
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Mild nausea, fatigue
What day you got your BFP: 12dp3dt
HPT before blood test: no (couldn’t take seeing another negative. Was so surprised when the doctor called and said it was positive:bfp:
Number of first beta: 496
Number of babies: 1
Why do YOU think that you were successful this time?Finally decided to do IVF. Probably should have done it a long time ago. After trying for so long on our own, multiple IUI’s, meds etc… I think the IVF just bypassed whatever was the underlying problem.

Shortie15: Thnx for sharing. I have same RE but my numbers may be more than borderline sketchy, relative to you.
AMH: .16
FSH: 15.99 pre Clomid Challenge
Follicles: 7
How did you find the team through the whole process…thinking of changing to another spot bc I don’t think RMA deals much with DOR>
Thoughts?

[quote=Shortee15]Name: Shortee
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: cant remember but the word, “borderline” used often…
Dr and location: Dr Bohrer, RMA NJ
How long TTC: since married 2008, had myomectomy 2010
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: Yes
Any natural or herbal remedies used: Acupuncture and herbs before and between 3 cycles
Diagnosis or any known issues: Age and fibroids which were addressed in 2010
Treatments you tried: Three
Treatment (if any) that led to success: IVF/PGD/ICSI
Protocol (meds taken if any): cant remember 1st and 2nd but 3rd was really aggressive with menopur and 425 follistim
If IVF how many follicles at ER: 12
If IVF how many eggs fertilised: 3
If IVF how many days between ER and ET: 6
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 grade C
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: like regular period was coming - packaged with good ol cramps and all!
What day you got your BFP: 6 days post 6 day transfer
HPT before blood test: yes, one on day 12, which read pregnant at the 3 min mark
Number of first beta: 44 (yes…44…but holding my normal, healthy son now as i type with one finger:))
Number of babies: One
Why do YOU think that you were successful this time? I honestly believe it was age and stress. Had 3 cycles yielding 12,14,33 follicles respectfully and only 7 eggs retrieved EACH time and just ONE…yes, only ONE from the first cycle was normal (we performed PGD with a plan to “bank” eggs for transfer later on after a number of cycles). So for the following two cycles i was 6 months and then a year older. Also, I was so confident that the first cycle was going to work i didnt stress. however, i was stressed and emotional for the others. it only takes one egg ladies as well as an inner peace and FAITH![/quote]

Thank you for this thread!!!

I love this thread! I’m 42 and in 2ww, just had my 1st IVF. 7 follies retrieved on Monday, 3 grade two little embies transferred on Thursday (today is Sat).
THANK YOU for all the positive stories!!!

Me: 42
Fibroids, had myomectomy & removed 7 fibroids May 2012
No children
:paw: Truman 4 mos old
My bfriend: no children either, 41, strong swimmers

1st IUI July 2012 : failed
2nd IUI Aug 2012: failed
3rd IUI Oct 2012 : failed
4th IUI: Dec 2012: failed
Used Clomid & Bravelle for all IUIs

1st IVF: started March 2013
Used 20 units of Lupron 2xday, 300 units of
Follitism 1 x day , 4 vials Menopur 1 x day, one baby aspirin 81 mg 1 x day, and prenatal vitamins
Also quit caffeine.
Mon 3/4: retrieved 7 follicles
2 let too many sperm in, one didn’t fertilize, one too small
Thurs 3/6: transferred three grade 2 w/8 cell, used assisted hatching, now on endometrium 100 mg suppositories 2 x day, baby aspirin & vitamins

Waiting & being a couch potato! Having some tiny light
cramps here & there & really tired!

I found this forum when I was desperate to read a success story. Most of the news out there was pretty negative. I wanted to wait until my daughter was born to share because I was afraid of jinxing anything.

[COLOR=“RoyalBlue”][B]Name:[/B] RJMolly
[COLOR=“RoyalBlue”][B]Age:[/B] 42.5 when I got my first ever BFP, 43 when my daughter was born
[COLOR=“RoyalBlue”][B]FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results:[/B] FSH: 11.9, E2 was normal
[COLOR=“RoyalBlue”][B]Dr and location:[/B] Dr. Baek, California Fertility Partners, Los Angeles
[COLOR=“RoyalBlue”][B]How long TTC:[/B] 7 yrs. We did not try any fertility treatments until I turned 42.
[COLOR=“RoyalBlue”][B]Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC:[/B] No. I mentioned donor eggs due to my age because a previous doctor had been pushing us in this direction. She said we owed it to ourselves to give IVF a good try with our eggs first before looking into other options.
[COLOR=“RoyalBlue”][B]Any natural or herbal remedies used:[/B] Both husband and I had acupuncture at Tao of Wellness and Chinese herbs for 6 months prior to successful IVF. Dr advised taking 100 mg of DHEA 3x a day and 100mg of CoQ10 once a day. I took these for 2 months prior to IVF.
[COLOR=“RoyalBlue”][B]Diagnosis or any known issues:[/B] My age, I have a balanced chromosomal translocation, husband has low sperm count, poor swimmers and extremely poor sperm shape
[COLOR=“RoyalBlue”][B]Treatments you tried:[/B] I had done IVF at another clinic right after I turned 42 and only had 8 eggs. Eggs were underdeveloped. None fertilized.
[COLOR=“RoyalBlue”][B]Treatment (if any) that led to success:[/B] Changing clinics. Double HCG shot (Novarel) and egg retrieval at 37 hrs. after shot to give eggs more time to develop
[COLOR=“RoyalBlue”][B]Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no[/B]
[COLOR=“RoyalBlue”][B]Protocol (meds taken if any):[/B] Ganerelix, Menopur, Novarel. After egg retrieval: antibiotic, baby aspirin, Prednisone and Endometrin
[COLOR=“RoyalBlue”][B]If IVF how many follicles at ER:[/B] 20
[COLOR=“RoyalBlue”][B]If IVF how many eggs retrieved:[/B] 18
[COLOR=“RoyalBlue”][B]If IVF how many eggs fertilized:[/B] 10
[COLOR=“RoyalBlue”][B]If IVF how many days between ER and ET:[/B] 5. We did not do PGD on eggs to see if the chromosomes were normal. The dr felt older eggs are fragile and that we could damage the one good egg by doing preimplantation genetic testing. We used natural selection where the strongest eggs would make it to 5 day blastocysts. It was very scary because we didn’t know if any eggs would survive to day 5.
[COLOR=“RoyalBlue”][B]If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:[/B] 4 eggs made it to 5 day blastocysts. I don’t know their rating but we transferred all 4.
[COLOR=“RoyalBlue”][B]Symptoms or issues during 2WW:[/B] none
[COLOR=“RoyalBlue”][B]What day you got your BFP:[/B] The faintest positive home pregnancy test known to man 6 days after transfer. You had to hold it up to the light and really squint to see it. It wasn’t until day 8 that the HPT was a definite, yet faint positive.
[COLOR=“RoyalBlue”][B]HPT before blood test:[/B] Yes!
[COLOR=“RoyalBlue”][B]Number of first beta:[/B] 125
[COLOR=“RoyalBlue”][B]Number of babies:[/B] 2. Lost one baby at 6 wks. Our beautiful daughter was born in Feb 2013! She has a balanced translocation just like I do.
[COLOR=“RoyalBlue”][B]Why do YOU think that you were successful this time?[/B] I was well monitored at a good clinic. High doses of DHEA, CoQ10, cod liver oil, flax seed oil, Chinese herbs, acupuncture, multivitamin, lots of walking, ate well…lots of black beans and avocados. Healthy weight. Not overweight but not too skinny, especially by Los Angles standards. Active lifestyle. I generally walk 10-20 miles a week. I walked 15 miles the week of egg retrieval which was tough because I was swollen with a lot of eggs. The walking was mainly for stress relief. I know we were also very, very lucky. We were pregnant within 6 mos. of trying any fertility treatment. With my chromosomal issues, age and husbands major sperm issues to have a child at all is a miracle. We almost didn’t try IVF because the statistics and success rates are so low for the over 40 age group and the high cost. We decided to try 2 times and if it didn’t work, at least we would have tried instead of looking back someday and wondering what if?

Name: Denise
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: ?
How long TTC: 2years
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: yep
Any natural or herbal remedies used: I drank a ton of pineapple juice, at Brazil nuts and walnuts :wink:
Diagnosis or any known issues: old eggs and sperm. I also had an abdominal myomectomy 7/2012 to remove 14 fibroids.
Treatments you tried: IVF
Treatment (if any) that led to success:IVF #2
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: nope
Protocol (meds taken if any): lupron, Gonal f, menopure, and omnitrope.
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: 3
If IVF how many days between ER and ET: not sure because we did FET
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: one 9cell grade A
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: I spotted 9dpt
What day you got your BFP: 5/3
HPT before blood test: nope
Number of first beta: 232
Number of babies: none yet! My second beta is 5/5
Why do YOU think that you were successful this time? I think it was because we did an FET with a natural cycle. It gave my body a little more time to heal and chill out!
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! I was deathly afraid of needles before we started. We’re talking MAJOR phobia. Now I’m not! I don’t like it, but i can totally handle it now. AND I’m pregnant! Totally worth it.:clap:

Name: Chingsk8
How long TTC: 2years
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: No
Any natural or herbal remedies used: Royal Jelly 1000mg and a hot water bottle
Treatments you tried: Clomid and IVF
Treatment (if any) that led to success:IVF #1
Protocol (meds taken if any): Buserin, Gonal f
If IVF how many follicles at ER: 8
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 4
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: 2
If IVF how many days between ER and ET: 2days
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 grade A
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Itchy nipples, slight cramping
HPT before blood test: Yes

Number of babies: Don’t know yet!
Why do YOU think that you were successful this time? Didn’t think too much about it and went through IVF procedure :bfp: :wings: :clap: :cross: :woohoo: :babydust: :cheer:

[quote=essemkay]Name: essemkay
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: All normal
How long TTC: 12 years
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: no
Any natural or herbal remedies used: none
Diagnosis or any known issues: unexplained
Treatments you tried: IUIs and IVF
Treatment (if any) that led to success: IVF with ICSI and AH
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no
Protocol (meds taken if any): PURSUE study (follistim)
If IVF how many follicles at ER: 8
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 6 (only 2 mature)
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: 4 (3 normally, 1 abnormally)
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 grade 1 (the best) 8-cell embryos
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: none (except fatigue and sore breasts from the progesterone)
What day you got your BFP: 11dp3dt
HPT before blood test: yes
Number of first beta: 806
Why do [B]YOU[/B] think that you were successful this time? My original theory was that either my eggs were too tough for my husband’s sperm to penetrate or his sperm were just too wimpy to get the job done. Except I had a chemical in August. So, maybe it was just our time. :)[/quote]
I’m back!

Name: essemkay
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: FSH 8
How long TTC: 12 years for first, started when baby was 14 months trying for 2nd
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: Yep
Any natural or herbal remedies used: acupuncture 1/week for 2 months prior
Diagnosis or any known issues: unexplained
Treatments you tried: IUI and IVF
Treatment (if any) that led to success: IVF
Protocol (meds taken if any): Antagonist (follistim & menopur)
If IVF how many follicles at ER: 11-14
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 16
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: 7
If IVF how many days between ER and ET: 5
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 blasts, 2 morulas
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: nausea starting 2dp5dt
What day you got your BFP: 9dp5dt (didn’t test prior)
HPT before blood test: yes
Number of first beta: 90.7
Why do [B]YOU[/B] think that you were successful this time? Not a clue, it was our very last shot but it was our best response.

[B]Name[/B]: MsKm
[B]Age[/B]:42
[B]FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results:[/B] FSH 12, AMH 1.2
[B]How long TTC:[/B] 3yrs
[B]Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC:[/B] Yes
[B]Any natural or herbal remedies used:[/B] acupuncture and chinese herbs
[B]Diagnosis or any known issues:[/B] unexplained, old eggs
[B]Treatments you tried[/B]: Clomid, Femera, IUI and IVF
[B]Treatment (if any) that led to success[/B]: IVF
[B]Are you using donor eggs or sperm:[/B] No
[B]Protocol (meds taken if any):[/B] Bravelle, Micro HCG and micro lupron
[B]If IVF how many follicles at ER: [/B]thought 18 going in
[B]If IVF how many eggs retrieved: [/B]22
[B]If IVF how many eggs fertilized: [/B]14
[B]If IVF how many days between ER and ET:[/B] 5
[B]If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: [/B]3AA embryos
[B]Symptoms or issues during 2WW: [/B]not much
[B]What day you got your BFP[/B]: 7dp5dt
[B]HPT before blood test:[/B] nope
[B]Number of first beta:[/B] 44 7dp5dt, 100 9dp5dt, 233 13dp5dt
[B]Number of babies:[/B] 1
[B]Why do YOU think that you were successful this time?[/B] Acupuncture

Pregnancy at 40 and 41 IVF

I had healthy babies 3rd and 4th IVF cycles.

FSH 7- 10.5
How long TTC: 4yrs
Any natural or herbal remedies used:acupuncture and chinese herbs
Diagnosis or any known issues:male issues, unexplained, old eggs
Treatments you tried: IVF/ICSI
Treatment (if any) that led to success: IVF/ICSI
Protocol (meds taken if any):Long BP, Bravelle and Repronex
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 8
If IVF how many days between ER and ET:3
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts: 3 & 4 (see signature below)
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: not much, didn’t think it worked
What day you got your BFP: day 14 - 3 day transfer
HPT before blood test: yes day 10
Number of first beta: 500/544 14dt
Number of babies:2
Why do YOU think that you were successful this time?
Not as stressed out about the Outcome. We came to an acceptance that it may not work with our own eggs and sperm and had a plan “B” which relieved the tension somewhat…relaxed. Took high doses of Coq10, fish oil and Vitamin C. I think CoQ10 made a difference in my egg quality. Regulated my thyroid TSH levels. Husband took supplements for improving sperm quality.

Don’t give up if this what you want and have a plan B if it does not.

Name: lena
How long TTC: 3.5 years
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: No
Any natural or herbal remedies used: no
Treatments you tried: IUI, IVF
Treatment (if any) that led to success:IVF #3
Protocol (meds taken if any): follistim, lupron, HCG
If IVF how many follicles at ER: 20
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 5
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: 4
If IVF how many days between ER and ET: 2days
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 4
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: nausea
HPT before blood test: Yes

Why do YOU think that you were successful this time? I tried neupogen and HCG and day2 transfer this cycle, no PGD testing.

Success at 42

Just got my first ever :bfp: yesterday at the age of 42.3!!! I read these inspiring boards throughout my ART journey of 2 years and found them to be a comforting place to turn (outside of my doc and my DH) for affirmation that my journey to conceive at my age was not futile and insane. I am now proof that it does happen over 40!!! :woohoo:

[B]Age:[/B] 42.3
[B]Doctor or Clinic Used and Location: [/B]Dr. Hammoud, Utah
[B]FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: [/B] I Don’t know these test results
[B]How long TTC:[/B] Without ART 8 years and with ART 2 years
[B]Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: [/B]Yes
[B]Any natural or herbal remedies used:[/B] acupuncture, aspirin regimen, pineapple core, no coffee sugar or dairy, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, brazil nuts, kale, multivitamin, acai, levothyroxine (TSH to 1.39!), CoQ10, DHEA
[B]Diagnosis or any known issues:[/B] unexplained infertility, aged eggs, hypothyroidism (4.29 then down to 1.39 when positive pregnancy!), fibroids (6 removed in myomectomy), angled cervix (3 dilitations performed)
[B]Treatments you tried:[/B] 1 IUI, 2 IVF turned IUI (only 2 follicles produced for both IVF), 1 fresh DE IVF, 1 DE FET IVF and success!
[B]Treatment that led to success:[/B] Donor egg FET
[B]Are you using donor eggs or sperm: [/B]Donor eggs
[B]Protocol (meds taken if any):[/B] I’ve done them all but with this last cycle it was lupron, PIO, and estriol.
[B]If IVF how many follicles at ER: [/B]12
[B]If IVF how many eggs retrieved:[/B] 12
[B]If IVF how many eggs fertilized:[/B] 5, 4 grew to blast so we transfered 2 and vitrified 2
[B]If IVF how many days between ER and ET:[/B] 6 day blastocysts were frozen, thawed, and transfered
[B]If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:[/B] 2 medium grade blasts
[B]Symptoms or issues during 2WW: [/B]Could not tell what was the PIO or pregnancy symptoms but I had extreme constipation one day (like concrete marbles!!! took half an hour!) and four days later had diarrhea (like a water hose!!!), a day of wisdom toothache, boobs were huge and sore, dizzy, tired, slight nausea with cold and hot flashes, felt one sharp pain from my right ovary down to the groin (implantation?), headache, increased appetite, medicine metalic taste in mouth, lower back ache, peeing often and it smelled odd, tingly hands and feet, a butterfly feeling in the belly, early waking up (usually I’m a late sleeper),
[B]What day you got your BFP: [/B]12dp6dt
[B]HPT before blood test:[/B] Held out and didn’t… it was hard.
[B]Number of first beta:[/B] 325
[B]Number of babies:[/B] Still a ???
[B]Why do YOU think that you were successful this time? [/B]We used donor eggs, but it didn’t work for the fresh cycle to our (and my docs) great frustration. The FET did the trick! It took doc 20 minutes or so to get in my cervix the 3 dilitations hadn’t helped after all. For the first time doc used ultrasound during the transfer and showed me exactly where my 2 embryos were snuggled in my uterus on the screen. It helped with convincing me during the 2ww that they were exactly where they needed to be and this helped me to feel that this was going to work.

Also knowing that this was our last chance (funds dried up and we had no more snow babies) helped me to ‘will’ it to work like the ‘law of attraction’ in the [I]Secret[/I]. If you haven’t read it yet I strongly recommend that you do. I have often used it in my life and it has served me well.

I feel that having my hypothyroid TSH levels at 1.39 contributed to this success. Some have said that TSH needs to be below 2 to get pregnant. Mine was 4.29 before and once it dropped to 1.39 (in February) I finally got pregnant.

Acupuncture could have been a main contributor to this success. I added several treatments a month before, the day before transfer, 3 days after transfer, and during the 2ww. This helped my uterus with blood flow and warmth where it had always been cold before. I also added a daily aspirin regimen after the failed DE IVF at docs recommendation that could have done the trick.

My mom came in town to help with PIO shots while DH was out of the country and I think it helped relax me. I had light massages, bedrest for 24 hrs then 3 days on the couch after the transfer, stayed positive, had no stress, meditated, and prayed all of which I think contributed to this pregnancy. I think stress played a key role in why I was never pregnant in my 42 years.

Strange ‘signs’ were around like an odd thunder and lightning storms for 3 days and the day of my :bfp: when we had been experiencing little precipitation for the season. I had garden seeds that I kept for 8 years waiting to plant someday. I planted them and they actually germinated and popped out during my 2ww. I have 2 bamboo reeds in water, both reeds produced a twin that coincidentally broke through the water line to air during my 2ww.

[B]Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: [/B] Don’t be intimidated by statistics! We are all individuals.

[B]Age:[/B] 42
[B]Doctor or Clinic Used and Location: [/B]Dr. Cedars, UCSF
[B]FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: AMH 1.6 as of 1 year ago[/B]
[B]How long TTC:[/B] 2 years
[B]Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: [/B]Yes
[B]Any natural or herbal remedies used:[/B] acupuncture with electrostim, COQ10 (ubiquinol), PQQ, brazil nuts, walnuts, avocado, pure pomegranate juice, chia seed, prunes, goji berry, cranberries, acai berry, kale, spinach, various fruit, almonds, full fat greek yogurt. all were eaten daily
[B]Diagnosis or any known issues:[/B] hypothyroidism which has since been controlled; age
[B]Treatments you tried:[/B] 1 clomid/iui, 8 IVFs
[B]Treatment that led to success:[/B] 8th IVF
[B]Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no[/B]
[B]Protocol (meds taken if any):[/B] successful cycle was low dose/FET. EPP with 150 gonal F, 150 menopur, cetrotide. Then we froze the embryos and did a FET. My RE also added 500iu HCG into my uterus 7 minutes before ET
[B]If IVF how many follicles at ER: 7[/B]
[B]If IVF how many eggs retrieved:[/B] 7
[B]If IVF how many eggs fertilized:[/B] 7
[B]If IVF how many days between ER and ET:[/B] 3
[B]If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:[/B] 5 embryos (cells: 8,8,8,8,10). all were grade 1 (highest quality)
[B]Symptoms or issues during 2WW: sore boobs, spotting 3 days before beta test[/B]
[B]What day you got your BFP: [/B]12dp3dt
[B]HPT before blood test:[/B] no
[B]Number of first beta:[/B] 146
[B]Number of babies:[/B] 1. I am currently 13 weeks and baby has tested as chromosomally normal
[B]Why do YOU think that you were successful this time? My doctor rightfully insisted that we try a substantially lower dose protocol as she thought higher doses of ivf meds were ruining my good eggs. She also wanted my uterus back into its natural state before transfer which is why she froze all and did a FET. She put HCG into my uterus before transfer as studies shows that increases success rates. I substantially changed my diet 6 months before this cycle and ate the foods described above as they are all in the category of high antioxidant, fertility enhancing foods. [/B]

[I][B]Name[/B]: Theresa[/I]
[I][B]Age[/B]: turned 40 on 2nd beta date, DH is 46[/I]
[I][B][B]Doctor or Clinic Used and Locati[/B][/B][B]on: [/B]Womack Army Medical Center Fayetteville, NC[/I]
[I][B]FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results[/B]: FSH 6.3, AMH was tested 3 years ago at <.1. I was told my only shot would beIVF with donor eggs. I had a surprise BFP that was ectopic in early 2012. My level was re-tested then and came back at 1.3. I was referred to an RE who retested again and it came back at 2.6. After much research, I learned that AMH levels can be affected by Vitamin D levels. We moved to a home with a pool and got plenty of sun over that time as well as supplemented with Vit D3. [/I]
[B][I]How long TTC: [/I][/B][I]8 long years[/I]
[B][I]Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: [/I][/B][I]Only the initial RE who based my DE recommendation on a single blood test[/I]
[B][I]Any natural or herbal remedies used: [/I][/B][I] I had a whole regiment. Baby aspirin, D3, Ubiquinol, Rolly Jelly, DHEA off and on (my family doctor monitored my levels), Melatonin with Inisitol. I also read the Harvard fertility nutrition study and followed its principles and added lots of avocados, spinach, and full fat yogurt. I ate low gylcemic, high protein. [/I]
[I][B]Diagnosis or any known issues[/B]: PCOS, Mild Male Factor, Possible Tubal[/I]
[B][I]Treatments you tried: [/I][/B][I]One IUI, 2 completed IVF cycles. The 2nd completed IVF worked[/I]
[B][I]Treatment (if any) that led to success: [/I][/B][I]ICSI & Assisted Hatching[/I]
[B][I]Are you using donor eggs or sperm: [/I][/B][I]no[/I]
[I][B]Protocol (meds taken if any)[/B]: Microdose Lupron [/I]
[B][I]If IVF how many follicles at ER: [/I][/B][I]1st IVF - approx 9, 2nd IVF - approx 11[/I]
[B][I]If IVF how many eggs retrieved: [/I][/B][I]6 mature for both cycles[/I]
[B][I]If IVF how many eggs fertilized: [/I][/B][I]All 6 both times[/I]
[I][B]If IVF how many days between ER and ET[/B]: 3[/I]
[B][I]If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: [/I][/B][I]3 transferred on both IVF cycles. They were all 3 day. The successful cycle they were all the top grade and 8 cell. The unsuccessful cycle they were all top grade but 2 were 10 cell and one was 8 cell [/I]
[B][I]Symptoms or issues during 2WW: [/I][/B][I]I had horrendous cramps at 7dp3dt. I thought for sure it failed. My first unsuccessful cycle I got AF at only 8dp3dt. I stayed in bed feeling sorry for myself and waited for AF to come. I woke up the next day, no AF and no more cramps. [/I]
[I][B]What day you got your BFP:[/B] 8dp3dt strong positive[/I]
[B][I]HPT before blood test: [/I][/B][I] Only about 8![/I]
[B][I]Number of first beta: [/I][/B][I]348 at 10dp3dt[/I]
[I][B]Number of second beta:[/B] 1102 at 12dp3dt
[B]Number of babies:[/B] 3 beating hearts at 6w0d ultrasound[/I]
[B][I]Why do [B]YOU[/B] think that you were successful this time? [/I][/B][I]The only difference with the IVF was we added assisted hatching this time, maybe my embyos just need to be “cracked”. My diet and exercise level was similar before both cycles, though I did more yoga before the 2nd cycle. Before the 1st cycle I was working hard to lose weight. I needed to get by BMI to 35 to go to the place I wanted to go. That was stressful. The second time, I was where I needed to be. The 2nd cycle I still drank my cup of coffee until after transfer. I also relaxed my diet during the stim stage, had lots of fun. After transfer I went home and watched funny movies all day, then we went away for a couple of days to have all the stress removed from our life to provide a positive environment for implantation. Obviously something worked in a BIG way. The 2nd time, I was really going through the motions, I really just thought I was “broken” and that nothing would ever work. We had decided at the start that we would do 2 fresh cycles and any associated FETs. [/I]
[B][I]Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! [/I][/B][I]I would have wanted to know that you can get AF before Beta. The first cycle, I was devastated when AF came at 8dp3dt. I didn’t even know that could happen with the progesterone suppositories. I felt cheated that I didn’t get to hold onto the idea of being PG longer. AF came on my DH’s birthday, Valentine’s Day, it was terrible to tell him. The process itself wasn’t bad.

Best of luck to everyone about to embark on this adventure! [/I]

Name: Rachel
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: My AMH was 0.16. FSH was never that bad, nor was E2. But my follicle counts were always low (3-7, once 10).
How long TTC: 2 years
Any natural or herbal remedies used: acupuncture, lots of supplements (ubiquinol, inositol, vitamins C, D, E, folic acid, omega 3)
Diagnosis or any known issues: diminished ovarian reserve
Protocol (meds taken if any): Estrogen priming protocol, then micro-flare lupron protocol and human growth hormone
If IVF how many follicles at ER: 6
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 5
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: 5
If IVF how many days between ER and ET: 5
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: Transferred 3 5-day blastocysts. RE said they were high quality, but didn’t give me a grade.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Not too much. Sore breasts, but could have been from the progesterone
What day you got your BFP: Positive blood test exactly 2 weeks after retrieval.
HPT before blood test: Yes. Faint positive HPT 6 days post 5 day transfer (11 days post-retrieval).
Number of first beta: @ 120
Why do [B]YOU[/B] think that you were successful this time? Just plain luck, I guess? They say it’s a numbers game in my situation. I stuck with it with some serious determination: month after disappointing month, ultrasound after ultrasound, shot after shot. Maybe the human growth hormone helped. And for what it’s worth, I took a lot of ubiquinol for a good long amount of time.
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process? That it can be seriously grueling! Remember to assess how much you really want to do. It’s easy to lose yourself in this.

Name: Rose
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: AMH was 0.18. FSH was 7.7
How long TTC: 1 year (when DH finally agreed to have another)
Any natural or herbal remedies used: CoQ10, DHEA, Melatonin, Prenatal Vitamin
Diagnosis or any known issues: poor responder, poor egg quality
Protocol (meds taken if any): Androderm patches, Femara, Follistim, Menopur, Tev Tropin
If IVF how many follicles at ER: ?
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: Transferred 2 embies. One 7 cell one 8 cell, both with less than 10% fragmentation.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Sore breasts, but could have been from the progesterone
What day you got your BFP: Positive beta at 11dp3dt
HPT before blood test: NO
Number of first beta: @ 179
Number of babies: ?
Why do [B]YOU[/B] think that you were successful this time? Tev Tropin (human growth hormone) and was on supplements for well over three months by the time we did this cycle.
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process? To try the growth hormone sooner.

This post made me happy!

Yay, so happy to see your post. Best wishes!

I think I jumped the gun here, I was just so excited. How do I remove?

I am so sorry, littleItalian. Contact the site administrator.

Name: CaliNurseH Age: 40 1/2 @ BFP, Delivered @41 FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: FSH 7-8, AMH 1.58, E2 40 Dr and location: Dr. B @FSAC, Thousand Oaks, CA How long TTC: 2 years Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: Yes Any natural or herbal remedies used: Acupuncture, herbs, CoQ10, DHEA, quit coffee, refined sugars, wheat and went organic as much as possible Diagnosis or any known issues: AMA, adhesions, many immature eggs @ER Treatments you tried: 3 Treatment (if any) that led to success: IVF/ICSI Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No Protocol (meds taken if any): Long Lupron w/ BCP, and HGH, freeze all cycle which led to success If IVF how many follicles at ER: Not Sure If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 14 If IVF how many eggs fertilized: 12 If IVF how many days between ER and ET: Froze 2 Grade AA Day5 and 1 Grade AA and 1BB Day6 blasts If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: All 4 above on FET Symptoms or issues during 2WW: None What day you got your BFP: 6dp5dt on HPT HPT before blood test: Yes Number of first beta: 582 10dp5dt Number of babies: Delivered Boy/Girl twin on Oct. 18th, 2013! Why do YOU think that you were successful this time? At the end of age 39, I went to have my first IVF thinking I would be successful on first try, since I was healthy and had no issues except having an ovarian cystectomy in my 20’s (which later revealed there was a blockage on right tube). But that cycle ended with mostly immature eggs, I started to do own research and changed lifestyle, took supplements and had TCM. It took additional two cycles to be successful but we are so happy to be blessed with a precious boy and girl twin! At our age, it might take more than one cycle. I came here to get inspiration when I thought I would never be successful. Good luck and baby dust to all!