List your IVF 40+ BFP HERE! (Successes only please, not chat)

Hi, I was looking for an old thread, saw this, and wanted to share.

4 year journey to conceive - after 2 clinics and 3 failed IVF transfers, finally got my BFP in April of 2013 (received my last BFN Christmas Eve of 2012!, cried all night New Year’s Eve, turned 40 2 months later in February, declining a mammogram because I couldn’t stand any more stress or bad news…) and it was a doozie - my Beta was in the 4000’s!!
I had dreamed of, and struggled to have, a baby for years, and my reality was even better!!!.. gave birth to twins in November of 2013!!!

FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: FSH was 9.1, never had AMH, don’t remember E2
How long TTC: 3 years
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: yes
Any natural or herbal remedies used: Royal jelly in honey, wheat grass juice, CoQ10, L-Arginine, L-Carnitine, Inositol, Vitamin D, Prenatal Vitamins and Prenatal DHA
Diagnosis or any known issues: Age, hypothyroid, and DH had low sperm counts
Treatments you tried: 1 IUI, 2 prior fresh IVFs and 1 FET before success
Treatment (if any) that led to success: IVF
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken if any): Antagonist (Gonal-F and Menopur, with Cetrotide added later on)
If IVF how many follicles at ER: Can’t remember exactly somewhere between 16-20
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 16
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: 11
If IVF how many days between ER and ET: 5
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 3
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Not many, maybe twinges here and there, and occasional light headedness, but then didn’t ever get full blown morning sickness
What day you got your BFP: 12/15/12 (9dp5dt)
HPT before blood test: No
Number of first beta: 247 (2nd beta 2 days later was 821)
Number of babies: 1
Why do [B]YOU[/B] think that you were successful this time? May have just been luck, but I did add most of the supplements before this last IVF, the previous ones I only used the CoQ10, vitamin D and prenatals. My embryos were the best quality this cycle.
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process![/QUOTE]

Age: 42 when got BFP, will be 43 at birth EDD 3/15/2014 (27 weeks today)
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: All I know is it was high
How long TTC: 5 years
Any natural or herbal remedies used: none
Diagnosis or any known issues: Age, hypothyroid, and high FSH
Treatments you tried: 1 IUI, 7 IVF attempts
Treatment (if any) that led to success: IVF
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken if any): - with slow stim (gonal f), metformin and clomid
If IVF how many follicles at ER: Can’t remember exactly somewhere between 2
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 1
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: 1
If IVF how many days between ER and ET: 5 (also transferred 1 frozen from prior IVF)
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: both grade 2
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: crazy dreams, sensitivity to smells
What day you got your BFP: 7/2/2014 (5dp5dt) faint positive on HPT, first beta 7/7/14 10dp5dt
HPT before blood test: 7/2/2014 (5dp5dt) faint positive on HPT
Number of first beta: 139 (2nd beta 2 days later was 389)
Why do [B]YOU[/B] think that you were successful this time? Can’t be sure which protocol as frozen was high stim. But truly feel it was the new protocol of metformin for 30 days, then clomid, then slow still with Gonal F. Dr. went for quality, not quantity.
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! Find a doctor that won’t let you give up. Whenever I was feeling down, she always brought my spirits up.

I love all the details you are putting in your signature. I’m on hold for a bit, but should start again early 2015. I am going to suggest some of your prescriptions, etc. to my new Dr.

I agree with “find a Dr. that won’t let you give up”

Hi, sorry to post on here but where would I find the chat postings for IVF over 40? I found the success over 40 IVF but was hoping to find a place for chat…just starting my IVF, ICSI, CCS journey …thank you :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=“admin, post: 1788194, member: 1”]I love all the details you are putting in your signature. I’m on hold for a bit, but should start again early 2015. I am going to suggest some of your prescriptions, etc. to my new Dr.

I agree with “find a Dr. that won’t let you give up”[/QUOTE]

Mybaby2b - wow congrats on a good ER and I am glad you are taking it easy. I hear that NY is going to became beautiful over the next few days so hopefully that will make the wait a bit better.

IvetteMarie - fingers crossed and :pray:

Age: 44 when got BFP. Will be 45 when I deliver. I am 24 weeks today
Natural or herbal remedies: coq10 (ubiquinol) 600mg/day; PQQ 10mg/day. Got rest of antioxidants from food.
Diagnosis or known issues: age, hypothyroidism, immune system issues (psoriatic arthritis, psoriasis)
Treatments you tried: 8 IVFs, 3 FETS
Treatment that led to success: FET from 8th ivf
Did you use donor eggs: no
Protocol: EPP with 150 gonal f, 150 menopur, cetrotide, Put hcg in uterus 7 mins before transfer, took 3 shots of humira during the month before transfer
How many days between ER and ET: did FET of day 3 embryos
Number of embryos transferred: 4 embryos graded 2 with 6,6,6,and 12 cells
Number of days until BFP: positive on FRER 7dp3dt
Why do you think you were successful this time? This is our second baby from our 8th ivf cycle which we did when I was 42 (first baby born when I was 43). I wish I knew earlier that low dose ivf was going to do the trick for me and that I should stick to day 3 transfers rather than trying to go to blast. I’m also glad I found an re who would deal with my immune issues.

Name: Rainy Waters
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: FSH ranged from 18-34 on day 3 (8 cycles)
How long TTC: 1.5 years from 1st to last IVF cycle this time round (previous success in 2012)
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: of course, but I went with a clinic that specializes in women with diminished ovarian reserve (DOR)
Any natural or herbal remedies used: acupuncture
Diagnosis or any known issues: male factor, diminished ovarian reserve
Treatments you tried: Our clinic specializes in “low stim” IVF, only trying to get 1-3 eggs per cycle out of belief the first few are highest quality anyway. I can only produce that many per cycle no matter how much medication I take, so this made sense in our case.
Treatment (if any) that led to success: Our approach, given my DOR, was to do multiple “low stim” cycles, banking any blasts along the way for PGD testing at the end
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: NO
Protocol (meds taken if any): Varied per cycle, but usually clomid and some Gonal-F
If IVF how many follicles at ER: Usually 2, once 5
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: Usually 2
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: Per cycle varied between 0 and 4
If IVF how many days between ER and ET: 8 months (frozen and PGD testing)
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: After PGD testing, we had one normal day 6 blast, graded as 523. This was obviously the one we transferred.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Truthfully, very sexual dreams the night after transfer (have heard this can happen after implantation) and swollen breasts.
What day you got your BFP: 1 week after transfer.
HPT before blood test: don’t know
Number of first beta: 400, 1200 2 days later (my 1st pregnancy test was a little before 2 weeks)
Number of babies: pregnant with singleton
Why do YOU think that you were successful this time? Listen, let’s be honest: I was a seriously poor prognosis case! My day 3 FSH ranged between 18 and 34 over this 1.5 years. Most conventional IVF clinics wouldn’t touch me. We went with a clinic specializing in “low stim” because it made sense in our case-- and it was truthfully our only option. Since my body CAN’T produce more than 2-3 eggs per cycle, no matter the protocol, we tried numerous cycles on lower doses of meds. (Trying naturally or IUI wasn’t an option for us because we are also male factor). So our success is really due to very careful research about what options remained to us, and a willingness to endure the stress and heartbreak of 8 cycles, 6 of which ended with no blast to freeze. But I had a baby through more conventional IVF in 2013 (conceived in 2012), and she is healthy, happy, brilliant… so we figured that even though we’re really challenged in terms of GETTING pregnant, we CAN make great babies! Our success also wouldn’t have been possible without very generous insurance coverage through my husband’s employer, truthfully. He stayed in the job in part for the coverage. That said, our clinic (New Hope in NYC) does work with clients without insurance and tries to make it more affordable. Last thing I want to say, and this goes out to all you ladies with high FSH: my day 3 FSH in the cycle that led to our PGD normal embryo was 34. You heard that right. Supposedly we had a near zero chance of success. But understand that FSH really measures how likely you are to respond to stimulation (and I respond terribly), BUT IT DOESN’T MEAN YOU CAN’T MAKE A NORMAL, HEALTHY EGG. The odds are not great… but it happens. I’m the living proof.
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process!

Name: Lucie
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: normal
How long TTC:4 years
Any natural or herbal remedies used: No
Diagnosis or any known issues:No except age issue
Treatments you tried: IUI and this time IVF
Treatment (if any) that led to success: IUI
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no
Protocol (meds taken if any): clomid, estrogen, progesterone
If IVF how many follicles at ER:15
If IVF how many eggs retrieved:15
If IVF how many eggs fertilized:8
If IVF how many days between ER and ET: 3
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:5 blasts
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: cramps, spotting and tired
What day you got your BFP: 147 at 14dops
HPT before blood test:No
Number of first beta:125

[QUOTE=“V-stargirl, post: 957220, member: 52830”]Thanks for sharing

Hi there,

I am 43 yrs old and I tried IUI 2 x’s and now waiting to find out if my clinic will do IVF depends on number and quality of eggs. I test is a few weeks to find out if I have quantity and quality. Last week they told me they wouldn’t becuase of my age… they called me back to say they made a mistake and would do a few test’s before they decide. I have always wanted to be a mom… not my fault it took so long to find a good man! The clinic looks at me like shame on you for waiting and wasting time! Grr makes me crazy, who are they to judge. Well it took some time to find good news from 40+ moms.

Thanks for sharing your stories.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=“MiracleBump, post: 1868680, member: 87375”][/QUOTE]
V-stargirl,
Don’t give up, even for a minute. If your clinic does not feel they can help you, shop for a new clinic.
I am 44 yrs (young lol) and tried 2 IUI’s - no sucess. My clinic was willing to help my husband and I go to the next option, IVF. I began the process a year ago. They managed to retrieve 7 eggs from my ovary (only one produced the eggs) and 6 fertilized well. Due to my age, we pulled out all the stops so to speak. We decided to do ICSI (injecting a healthy sperm into each egg) and wait to Day 5 Blastocyst stage before freezing. We also decided to do CCS (chromosone testing) before the embryos were frozen. Of my 6 fertilized eggs, only 3 made it to Day 5/6. Of those 3, they took a biopsy sample & sent it for testing before freezing the embryos. We decided to spend the extra money ($7,000) on CCS testing because each embryo transfer cycle is further expense (meds & procedure) and time (which was not in my favour). 2 embryos biosy results came back as healthy. The other embryo was discarded as there was a chromosone problem and would not resulted in a viable pregnancy. We transfered one of the embryos last Feb. I became pregnant but miscarried at 5 weeks. We transferred the last embryo the following Oct and I am currently 8 weeks pregnant and saw the heartbeat last week!!!
I am taking it day by day and hope to make it to the finish line!!
The IVF process, for me, was a year long so if you have decided on IVF, don’t delay. We are in Canada and no insurance will cover IVF. We have spent over $25,000 and as hard as that was I truly believe that is the only way it was going to happen for us. Good luck!!!

Hi, ladies!
Shared our story on another thread, but thought it’s a good idea to drop in here. We found our clinic on surroparents.org. (It deals both with surrogacy and egg donation). Their patient coordinator Josephine has experience of infertility treatment herself. We met with her in London for the in terms of our initial consultation. She was understanding, kind and extremely supportive. Jo explained us the process as we were going to use donor eggs for the first time and were absolutely new to it. Then in a couple of days we had our agreements with Biotexcom clinic signed. We did all the testings. Dr carefully studied our results, our previous medical records and evaluated our chances with the treatment option. I was told 5% after our last cycle failed only getting 1 egg out of me. Then we were going donor that gave us 75%. But I have heard stories where bad responders and low egg reserve people it has worked! It only takes 1 as they say. If we had the money we might have tried again with my eggs but we figured we just wanted to be parents one way or another and that gave us the best chance.
We booked the guaranteed program of 5 shots for 9900 euro. In case of 5 failures they refund ALL money paid! All meds and selective reduction are included into the package price. Time showed we weren’t mistaken taking this very route - soon our dr confirmed our BFP!
Miracles do happen no matter the age and the situation is… You should only find experts you can trust to!
Good luck to everyone on this path! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=“Ainsley-Anne, post: 1868739, member: 86039”]V-stargirl,
Don’t give up, even for a minute. If your clinic does not feel they can help you, shop for a new clinic.
I am 44 yrs (young lol) and tried 2 IUI’s - no sucess. My clinic was willing to help my husband and I go to the next option, IVF. I began the process a year ago. They managed to retrieve 7 eggs from my ovary (only one produced the eggs) and 6 fertilized well. Due to my age, we pulled out all the stops so to speak. We decided to do ICSI (injecting a healthy sperm into each egg) and wait to Day 5 Blastocyst stage before freezing. We also decided to do CCS (chromosone testing) before the embryos were frozen. Of my 6 fertilized eggs, only 3 made it to Day 5/6. Of those 3, they took a biopsy sample & sent it for testing before freezing the embryos. We decided to spend the extra money ($7,000) on CCS testing because each embryo transfer cycle is further expense (meds & procedure) and time (which was not in my favour). 2 embryos biosy results came back as healthy. The other embryo was discarded as there was a chromosone problem and would not resulted in a viable pregnancy. We transfered one of the embryos last Feb. I became pregnant but miscarried at 5 weeks. We transferred the last embryo the following Oct and I am currently 8 weeks pregnant and saw the heartbeat last week!!!
I am taking it day by day and hope to make it to the finish line!!
The IVF process, for me, was a year long so if you have decided on IVF, don’t delay. We are in Canada and no insurance will cover IVF. We have spent over $25,000 and as hard as that was I truly believe that is the only way it was going to happen for us. Good luck!!!
[/QUOTE]
Hi Ainsley. Sending you positive vibes, happy thoughts, and prayers.

Name: Anna
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: AMH 0.32
How long TTC: more than 10 years
Any natural or herbal remedies used:-
Diagnosis or any known issues: consequences of PCOS and age
Treatments you tried: IVF with own egg and donor egg
Treatment (if any) that led to success: DE IVF
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: donor eggs
Protocol (meds taken if any): endo protocol (Duphaston, Progynova, Endometrin vaginal insert, Divigel gel, Folic acid, Vit E, Aspirin, Diphereline)
If IVF how many follicles at ER: 20
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 18
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: 14
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 3 A’s
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: fatigue, low back pain, distraction
What day you got your BFP:14dpt
HPT before blood test: no
Number of first beta: 198
Why do YOU think that you were successful this time?

It was my 3d att and I think my previous rounds boosted my fertility or so and I also changed a clinic, maybe it matters a lot. I’m satisfied with my tx and its result. First two att were in Prague, New life; the successful one in Kiev, Biotexcom.

FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: AMH <0.1, non existent eggs, maybe only 1
How long TTC: since 10/14
Any natural or herbal remedies used:-
Diagnosis or any known issues: PCOS, blocked fallopian tubes
Treatments you tried: 9/15 and 12/15 oe ivf
Treatment (if any) that led to success: de ivf
Clinic: Biotexcom, Ukraine
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: de
How many days between ER and ET: 5
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: cramping, pinkish spotting following brown discharge
What day you got your BFP:8dpt (home test)
HPT before blood test: no
Number of first beta: 197
Number of babies: 2, one embie vanished
Why do YOU think that you were successful this time? Using donor eggs as mine were too bad to use with ivf.

[QUOTE=“dndtaylor, post: 38220, member: 34741”]Hi Ladies. This post was brought to my attention as being a great thread for a “sticky” and I have to agree. There are some great questions that others going through IVF/FET can use as support. Thanks for the thread idea Teresa! Please answer as much as you can. Your experiences often give others the guidance and encouragement they need to get through their IF struggles. I hope that this thread is able to help you all get those BFP’s that you deserve. Best of luck in 2010, this is YOUR year.

Returned in 2018 to Post my success I had in 2016.
Name:Brave Gypsy
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: last FSH i had was 11, the Dr doubled it and gave me the donor speech.
How long TTC:21 yrs
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: yup:rolleyes:!
Any natural or herbal remedies used: over the years, everything(read book “inconceivable”) but finally just acupuncture.
Diagnosis or any known issues: blocked tubes and finally just too old. Also one bad Dr cut my one ovary in half and lied about it. I found out at next Dr who went in to explore.
Treatments you tried: opening tubes, regular IVF, mini IVF
Treatment (if any) that led to success: Donor eggs:DIVF
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: DE
Protocol (meds taken if any): long endo protocol that is not really used anymore (i am told). Took estrogen, prog, Vit e, Medrol, doxy, baby aspirin, and pentoxy.:wink:
If IVF how many follicles at ER: n/a to me
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 7 for me from donor:D
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: 5;)
If IVF how many days between ER and ET: gosh, i think 3.
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: excellent quality;), transferred 1-the best:D!
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: none:cool:.
What day you got your BFP: really early, like day 6 i think. Not 2 weeks.
HPT before blood test: i would have to dig that info up-not sure.
Number of first beta: again, that number is put away-not sure.
Why do YOU think that you were successful this time? The selfless donor eggs i received. What i spent so many years hating (having blocked tubes) turned out to be a blessing because although my tubes would not function properly, my uterus was perfect. I consider it my secret blessing.
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process![/QUOTE]-No, Drs tried to tell me to do DE and i would not listen. I tried everything else first and lost precious time:( and money:mad: in the mean time. For some reason everything finally fell into place and suddenly knowing i had a chance and i had exhausted all other options:oops:, DE did not matter at all. My baby and definitely a gift from God. :smiley:

Name:Samantha
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: AMH <3.2
How long TTC: since 10/14
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: yes.
Any natural or herbal remedies used: acupuncture
Diagnosis or any known issues: PCOS, blocked fallopian tubes, age
Treatments you tried: ivf
Treatment (if any) that led to success:ivf (4th time)
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: own and donor eggs
Protocol (meds taken if any):follistim, menopur, baby aspirin
If IVF how many follicles at ER:12
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 10 mature
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: 4
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 blasts each time
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: very tired, cramping, pinkish spotting
What day you got your BFP: 12dpt
HPT before blood test:yes
Number of babies:1
Why do YOU think that you were successful this time? Used donor eggs.