List your IVF 40+ BFP HERE! (Successes only please, not chat)

Oops looks like I posted on the wrong thread … sorry ladies

[quote=Iwannabeamommy2]how to save money on ivf…doctors ripped us off. we should not have paid anything up front. prepayments to doctors when a patient has medical insurance is illegal.

we’re so incredibly happy!! we also tried IUI…it didn’t work. words of experience: if clomid doesn’t work the 2nd time, get additional tests done. don’t keep doing something that isn’t going to work. also before you do ANYTHING find a loving & extremely talented, acupuncturist that you can really relate to. this person is going to make your dreams come true:clap: because we’re NOW :preg:[/quote]
Thank you so much for those info. I am also doing acupuncture and waiting for my AF to show n start the 3rd ivf attempt. Did u go to acupuncture on the day of egg transfer? and also after the retrieval? I just want to be prepare. I have been doing acupuncture for 4 months now. Hopefully it will help this time. I m taking metformin for better egg quality this time. Hopefully it will help. some said Royal Jelly will help so still confused whether i should try that or not. I still have another 2 months before my egg retrieval. What do u think? By the way u mentioned that its illegal to pay upfront if we have insurance. My insurance won’t cover ICSI so they want me to pay upfront + the medication fees. Did u pay for urs. Its not that i don’t have or i will run away. What do u think? I would love to hear more from u since u were successful for ivf. Good luck to you.

[quote=tryingtohavehisbaby]First cycle in March 2010 did not work. This was my second cycle in May 2010!
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results:12, 0.5, 25
How long TTC: 3 months
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: Yes plus I had my tubes tied when I was 26.
Any natural or herbal remedies used: Tried it all,acupuncture, Royal Jelly, Bee Pollen and Coast Science!
Diagnosis or any known issues: Tied tubes!
Treatment (if any) that led to success: IVF w/ icsi
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: NO
Protocol (meds taken if any):MDL, Follistim 450iu, 150iu menopur and lupron
If IVF how many follicles at ER: 6
If IVF how many eggs retrieved:6
If IVF how many eggs fertilized:4
If IVF how many days between ER and ET: 5
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 blasts 1-4AB, 1-4BB, 1 Morula. none to freeze
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: diarrhea
What day you got your BFP: 5dp5dt
HPT before blood test: yes
Number of first beta:147 at 13dpo’s
Number of babies: 1
Why do YOU think that you were successful this time? I did acupuncture to help with my lining and this time I just prayed and gave it to God. I was a mad woman my first cycle, but this one I was more relaxed.[/quote]

Thank you so much for all the info. I am also doing acupuncture and waiting for my AF to show n start the 4th ivf attempt. Did u go to acupuncture on the day of egg transfer? and also after the retrieval? I just want to be prepared. I have been doing acupuncture for 4 months now. Hopefully it will help this time. I m taking metformin for better egg quality this time. Hopefully it will help. I saw ur profile that u took Royal Jelly, was there any side effect? I am still confused whether to try or not. How long did u take? I would love to hear more from u since u were successful for ivf. Good luck!!

IVF Success 40+

Name: Native
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: 10.2 FSH; 2.5 AMH; E2 49
How long TTC: 1 year and 1 month
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: Yes
Any natural or herbal remedies used:
DHEA, Inositol, CoQ10, Royal Jelly (when I remembered), Fish Oil, Prenatals, baby aspirin
Diagnosis or any known issues: Borderline uterine blood flow, otherwise, everything tested out fine
Treatments you tried: 7 IUIs (6 medicated)
Treatment (if any) that led to success: IVF with ICSI and Assisted Hatching
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: Donor sperm
Protocol (meds taken if any): “Lupron 40 protocol” + Saizen (Lupron changed to Cetrotide when I tried to ovulate through supression; Max recommended dose of Gonal-F and Menopur to stim)
If IVF how many follicles at ER: Almost 2x more than they saw during ultrasound monitoring
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 21; 15 mature
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: 11
If IVF how many days between ER and ET: 3
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 11 Day 3 embies; little to no fragmentation but slow growth; 4 transferred; none of the remaining made it to Day 6 blast.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Pain/burning on lower left abdomen
What day you got your BFP: 14
HPT before blood test: No
Number of first beta: 42
Why do [B]YOU[/B] think that you were successful this time? It could be dozens of factors - I pulled out all of the stops: I took any supplement that had a glimmer of a reasonable study behind it; I did accupuncture for 2+ months, I cut out all caffine a few months before retrieval; I did ICSI and AH; I did before/after ET accupuncture; I took prednisone during implantation to ward of autoimmune issues.

Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process!
Just because your test results and workup look great doesn’t mean that you’ll have an easy time conceiving. IVF was going to be the line I wouldn’t cross in fertility treatments. I was forced far out of my comfort zone, using up my daycare savings and borrowing money for the procedure (I swore I wouldn’t). I don’t think I would be where I am today without IVF. I was very fortunate that it worked on the first try because I couldn’t afford another attempt.

Name: Jan
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: All normal
How long TTC: 7 years
Any natural or herbal remedies used: Just Prenatals
Diagnosis or any known issues: DH - Low Count
Treatments you tried: 2 IVF Cycles
Treatment (if any) that led to success: IVF with ICSI and Assisted Hatching
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken if any): Gonal-F & Menopur
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 8, 6 mature
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: 1
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 6-Cell Grade 3
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: None - Thought this cycle was a bust.
What day you got your BFP: 7dp3dt (HPT) 14dp3dt (Beta)
HPT before blood test: Yes
Number of first beta: 471
Why do [B]YOU[/B] think that you were successful this time? This cycle both my RE and myself thought it was not going to work. I was already thinking forward to my next cycle since we only got 1 embryo but God has different plans for me.

Do not ever give up hope. Miracles do happen.

Find a new clinic

V-stargirl … there is no reason your clinic shoul be making you feel like you have done something wrong because you didn’t have kids at earlier. I would look at finding a new clinic. I am your age and the place I am working with has been amazing! Keep your chin up and good luck!

:flower: Siobhán

[quote=V-stargirl]Hi there,

I am 43 yrs old and I tried IUI 2 x’s and now waiting to find out if my clinic will do IVF depends on number and quality of eggs. I test is a few weeks to find out if I have quantity and quality. Last week they told me they wouldn’t becuase of my age… they called me back to say they made a mistake and would do a few test’s before they decide. I have always wanted to be a mom… not my fault it took so long to find a good man! The clinic looks at me like shame on you for waiting and wasting time! Grr makes me crazy, who are they to judge. Well it took some time to find good news from 40+ moms.

Thanks for sharing your stories.[/quote]

Name: Sheri
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: E2 was 107 (crazy high)
How long TTC: N/A
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: Yeah, I’m old
Any natural or herbal remedies used: DHEA 75mg for about 8 weeks before the cycle
Diagnosis or any known issues: AMA
Treatments you tried: Follistim PURSUE study
Treatment (if any) that led to success: Follistim PURSUE study
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken if any): Follistim 300 units daily, Ganirelix from stim day 5. Stimmed six days.
If IVF how many follicles at ER: 7
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 2 (seriously, I was crushed)
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: 2
If IVF how many days between ER and ET: 3 day transfer
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 eight-celled perfect grade A zero fragmentation embryos
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Got my full period 10 days after transfer, one of the heaviest of my life
What day you got your BFP: official beta at 15 days past transfer
HPT before blood test: negative hpt at 12 days past transfer
Number of first beta: 230
Number of babies: Don’t know yet
Why do [B]YOU[/B] think that you were successful this time? Clearly a miracle! :slight_smile:
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! Against all odds, with a minimal number of eggs and terrible numbers and a full period and everything, I got pregnant. I’ll never stop being astonished, and I’ll always believe that anything is possible.

Sheri1968 and Everyone!- I have been looking for this forum for a few weeks and Im so inspired by reading your success stories. I am so happy for all of you!!
Im 43 and about to begin IVF #3. My DH nd I are thinking this is the last try using my own eggs so it helps to read your messages. I am doing all i can to prep for the cycle- MyoInositol, Pycogenol, DHEA, argenine, CoQ10, prenatals w/DHA, green vibrance drink, no alcohol, no caffeine, rest etc. I hope this works. My ER + Icsi will be during thanksgiving next month. Then we will do FET and CCS in March after prep to my lining. Hope to have twins:) thanks for being there ladies

I am hoping for the same outcome!

[quote=jan4558]If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 6-Cell Grade 3
[/quote]

We just transferred our only surviving embryo today. It was a 6 cell grade C. We came home and started already talking about our next plan as if it is all over. Your post is giving me hope!

Miracles Do Happen…

Name: [B]Hopefulmommy2010[/B]
How long TTC:[B] 3 Y[/B][B]ears[/B]
Diagnosis or any known issues: [B]Low Ovarian Reserve/Poor Egg Quality Due to age/Poor Stimulator[/B]
Treatments you tried before IVF: [B]clomid [/B]
How many IVF did you do before success: [B]Two[/B]
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: [B]NO[/B]
Protocol (meds taken): [B]Antagonist Protocol - Gonal-F with Menopur and Cetrotide[/B]
How many follicles at ER: [B]14[/B]
How many eggs retrieved: [B]14[/B]
How many eggs fertilized: [B]6 [/B]
How many days between ER and ET: [B]3[/B][B]dt[/B]
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: [B]2 grade A - 8 Cell Embryos [/B]
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: [B]sore BB, bloated, headache, nausea, tired[/B]
What day you got your BFP: [B]11dpt3dt[/B]
HPT before blood test: [B]Negative[/B]
Number of first beta:[B] 186[/B]
Number of babies: [B]2[/B]
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! [B]What an emotional roller coaster but all worth it when you get that BFP!!! Don’t give up…Miracles Can Happen.[/B]

Hope- I am your age and was prescribed the micro flare protocol for my next cycle( less Lipton so I am less surpressed during stim cycle.
What is diiferent with the antagonist protocol? Would this helpe?
You got a lot of eggs with it so I wonder if I should be on that instead. Still waiting for AF but should start BCP any
day now.
I’m soo happy for you!!! You must be psyched. I hope all goes well for you!
Kate

HPT Question

Hello All,

[FONT=‘Verdana’,‘sans-serif’]I just had my et yesterday it was a 3 day transfer. We transferred 4 embryos which the RE called 3 of them excellent and the other one good. Has anyone every used hpt and if so what brand and how soon after the transfer did you get results. And being my 4 embroys were good quality does that increase my chances for a :bfp: being that I am 41

[quote=hopefulmommy2010]Name: [B]Hopefulmommy2010[/B]
How long TTC:[B] 3 Y[/B][B]ears[/B]
Diagnosis or any known issues: [B]Low Ovarian Reserve/Poor Egg Quality Due to age/Poor Stimulator[/B]
Treatments you tried before IVF: [B]clomid [/B]
How many IVF did you do before success: [B]Two[/B]
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: [B]NO[/B]
Protocol (meds taken): [B]Antagonist Protocol - Gonal-F with Menopur and Cetrotide[/B]
How many follicles at ER: [B]14[/B]
How many eggs retrieved: [B]14[/B]
How many eggs fertilized: [B]6 [/B]
How many days between ER and ET: [B]3[/B][B]dt[/B]
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: [B]2 grade A - 8 Cell Embryos [/B]
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: [B]sore BB, bloated, headache, nausea, tired[/B]
What day you got your BFP: [B]11dpt3dt[/B]
HPT before blood test: [B]Negative[/B]
Number of first beta:[B] 186[/B]
Number of babies: [B]2[/B]
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! [B]What an emotional roller coaster but all worth it when you get that BFP!!! Don’t give up…Miracles Can Happen.[/B][/quote]

Congratulation!! I am very happy for you. Hope you have a safe pregnancy and delivery. By the way what dose of medicine did you take? Is there anything you tried beside that? I mean vitamin or any other medicine to help with ivf? I have postponed my ivf to April 2011 due to we are moving into new house. Thanks.

Name: Mak27
How long TTC: 1.5 Years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Stage IV endometriosis, cysts
Treatments you tried before IVF: ovarian surgery (cyct removal)
How many IVF did you do before success: Two
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: NO
Protocol (meds taken): Flare
How many follicles at ER: 1-2?
How many eggs retrieved: 2
How many eggs fertilized:2
How many days between ER and ET: 3dt
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 grade A - 8 Cell Embryos
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: I felt like I was getting my period
What day you got your BFP: ?
HPT before blood test: did not take it
Number of first beta: 429
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: that IVF is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. dont get upset/anxious with every blood tests and US… #s dont mean anything!!

Name: debbie
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: FSH 9
How long TTC: Jan 9
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: no
Any natural or herbal remedies used:no
Diagnosis or any known issues: dh VR-did not work
Treatments you tried:
Treatment (if any) that led to success:ivf/w icsi
Are you using donor eggs or sperm:no
Protocol (meds taken if any):folltism/menupor
If IVF how many follicles at ER:9
If IVF how many eggs retrieved:9
If IVF how many eggs fertilized:8
If IVF how many days between ER and ET:5
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 b 2 m
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: going crazy
What day you got your BFP: 6 days post transfer
HPT before blood test:yes
Number of first beta:79
Number of babies:have not had us yet
Why do [B]YOU[/B] think that you were successful this time? first time-miracle!
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! no, nothing can prepare you for the ups and downs, hang in there!

First IVF at 43

Name:Alma
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: not sure
How long TTC: 2 Years
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: yes: every time we meet
Any natural or herbal remedies used:acupuncture and chinese herbs, though I stopped since last year
Diagnosis or any known issues:age
Treatments you tried: ivf
Treatment (if any) that led to success: none
Protocol (meds taken if any):gonal, menopur
If IVF how many follicles at ER:6
If IVF how many eggs retrieved:4 mature
If IVF how many eggs fertilized:0 (no eggs found, likely ovulated too early or age related)
If IVF how many days between ER and ET: na
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:na
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: na
What day you got your BFP: na
HPT before blood test:na
Number of first beta: na
Number of babies:0
Why do YOU think that you were successful this time? Growth hormone worked all right, however not much better than light hormon therapy which I used earlier. For instance, I used 75 Gonal earlier and had the same number of folicles as this time when I used 300 ui Gonal plus 150 ui Menopur.
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! Yes, I think we should be educated to know that IVF is not as “controlled” as, say, computers, and a good RE should adjust the therapy with every visit and make creative decisions and be ready to understand your body work. Also, one should listen to own body signs, and not feel paranoid to ask absolutely anything, - nobody is bigger authority than you when it comes down to your body. Also, it is a good idea to find clinics that treated women older than 35 or 40 since issues are mostly different.

[QUOTE=Lynus]Name:Alma
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: not sure
How long TTC: 2 Years
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: yes: every time we meet
Any natural or herbal remedies used:acupuncture and chinese herbs, though I stopped since last year
Diagnosis or any known issues:age
Treatments you tried: ivf
Treatment (if any) that led to success: none
Protocol (meds taken if any):gonal, menopur
If IVF how many follicles at ER:6
If IVF how many eggs retrieved:4 mature
If IVF how many eggs fertilized:0 (no eggs found, likely ovulated too early or age related)
If IVF how many days between ER and ET: na
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:na
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: na
What day you got your BFP: na
HPT before blood test:na
Number of first beta: na
Number of babies:0
Why do YOU think that you were successful this time? Growth hormone worked all right, however not much better than light hormon therapy which I used earlier. For instance, I used 75 Gonal earlier and had the same number of folicles as this time when I used 300 ui Gonal plus 150 ui Menopur.
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! Yes, I think we should be educated to know that IVF is not as “controlled” as, say, computers, and a good RE should adjust the therapy with every visit and make creative decisions and be ready to understand your body work. Also, one should listen to own body signs, and not feel paranoid to ask absolutely anything, - nobody is bigger authority than you when it comes down to your body. Also, it is a good idea to find clinics that treated women older than 35 or 40 since issues are mostly different.[/QUOTE]
thanks for this post! just starting this week and I needed this.
Piqi

Name: MrsM
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: FSH around 6
How long TTC: 4 years
Any natural or herbal remedies used: None
Diagnosis or any known issues: Fibroids/Endo
Treatments you tried: 2 IUIs and 1 IVF
Treatment (if any) that led to success: Got PG with both IUI and IVF
Are you using donor eggs or sperm:No
Protocol (meds taken if any):BCP, Lupron, Gonal F, Menopur
If IVF how many follicles at ER: 21
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 20, 15 mature
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: 10
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 5 “not great” embryos on day 3, not sure of actual rating
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: None really
What day you got your BFP: 7 days post transfer
HPT before blood test:Yes, many!
Number of first beta: 71
Number of babies:1
Why do YOU think that you were successful this time? We did get pregnant on our 2nd IUI with twins, but sadly lost one baby at 12 weeks and I had PPROM at 18 and we lost a healthy boy. Since I turned 40 during that pregnancy and I had insurance coverage, my RE said our chances would double doing IVF. I don’t credit our success to anything other than a very good doctor qho took an aggressive approach and that one little embryo that stuck! But I had a rollercoaster of a pregnancy, between the “not great” embryos, non-doubling betas, a “screen positive” Integrated Blood Screen for Downs (baby does not have it and had a perfect Nuchal and Level 2 u/s), then an incompetent cervix, cerclage and 4 months of modified bedrest. Only to be induced and end up having a c-section the day before my due date! I would just say don’t get hung up on stats or numbers because not all healthy pregnancies are “textbook” in terms of embryo grading or betas. I spent alot of my pregnancy worried about one thing or another and it all turned out perfectly fine.

Already Pregnant?

Do you have any of these five early signs of pregnancy?:preg:

[quote=Piqi]thanks for this post! just starting this week and I needed this.
Piqi[/quote]

Best luck…