List your IVF 40+ BFP HERE! (Successes only please, not chat)

Name: Taka
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: FSH: 9, not sure on the other but both were good.
How long TTC: 4
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: Yes
Any natural or herbal remedies used: None
Diagnosis or any known issues: AMA
Treatments you tried: 2 IUIs and 6 IVF-last IVF was a success
Treatment (if any) that led to success: Got PG with IVF
Are you using donor eggs or sperm:No
Protocol (EPP, Gonal F, Dexamethsone, Menopur
If IVF how many follicles at ER: 2
0If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 23,
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: 18
If IVF how many days between ER and ET:5
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:Transf. 6 embryos. 2 were great 4 okay.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: None
What day you got your BFP:12 days past transfer
HPT before blood test:no
Number of first beta: 186
Number of babies:2, one did not make it.
Why do YOU think that you were successful this time? Persistance. We were going to go to donor egg after number five but dh and our re convinced me to try one more time. I also know that I am very lucky that I had so many eggs and we were able to find our “golden” egg. Little Stephen was born 1/21/11!!

Name: Michelle
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: FSH 12 AMH: .1 (yes, .1)
How long TTC: 1.5 years. Had one miscarriage during that time.
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: Yes
Any natural or herbal remedies used: None
Diagnosis or any known issues: Advanced Maternal Age (aka geratric maternity…) thanks doc!
Treatments you tried: clomid, femara right before the ivf.
Treatment (if any) that led to success: IVF
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken if any): Follistim
If IVF how many follicles at ER: 5
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 5
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: 4
If IVF how many days between ER and ET: 5
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 3 transferred
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: I felt pregnant. I had already had my daughter and know how it felt. The clinic kept saying that the meds would make me feel pregnant.
What day you got your BFP: About 10 days post transfer on HPT. Then 2 weeks later with clinic.
HPT before blood test: Yes. I watched the lines on the positive pregnancy test lines fade away over the first days, then I had negative tests then the towards the end of the 2WW they positive lines returned. So I figured it had worked.
Number of first beta: 352
Number of babies: 1
Why do [B]YOU[/B] think that you were successful this time?
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process!
We really didn’t think this would work. My AMH was so low that the doctors at our clinic were very discouraging. They said we had about a 1-3% chance of this working at all. As we watched the follicles grow we only had 3 or 4 that were big enough to count. They tried to convince us to go to IUI. We pushed to continue. We ended up with 5 follicles (a 5th showed up at the last minute but the egg wasn’t that great). We cancelled the Ericson sorting we were going to do because we really didn’t think it would work. But it did work! I think it’s important to go with your gut and not be talked out of pushing forward with your treatment by your doctors. They don’t want too many failed over 40 cases so they try to discourage the outliers. We pushed for what we wanted and now we have a newborn little boy. I also have been telling many women who are in their 30s to seriously consider getting pregnant earlier if they want children in their lives. I was shocked that I couldn’t conceive on my own and had to resort to IVF. I thought I had a few more years in me! We also moved fast. After the miscarriage we tried on our own a few months, did clomid the next month, femara the next and started with the ivf process the following month. I knew time was not on my side. The pregnancy was pretty easy. C-section at 39 weeks 3 days. http://forums.fertilitycommunity.com/images/adoption/buttons/quote.gif

Success at 43

Me: 43
DH: 41

When I was 42, I looked for positive results from IVF for women over 40 and was quite discouraged and bummed out because I couldn’t find much. At 43, I had a successful round of IVF and wanted to share in case anybody else is looking for that encouragement to try.

My first pregnancy was with IVF and I was 40. We were lucky in that it worked on our first try. We had 2 embryos to freeze. We transferred (3) 5 day blastocysts (all good quality).

I thought we figured out our unexplained fertility and felt positive the frozen embryos would work. They didn’t. We had a business trip we had to take and felt we didn’t have time for a full round of IVF so decided to try IUI. Had 7 follicles. My regular doctor was out of town and I had to see one of the other doctors. He said, “you know, you only have a 10% chance of this working.” I was crushed. I guess I thought I had 10% chance or so per egg, with 7 eggs, perhaps a much higher chance. So I asked what happens if we turn this into an IVF. I was told 3 times the success rate of IUI. So we did. We transferred all 7. They were all good quality too. It didn’t work. I did the 3 day rest and then was off on a plane, and hardly slept for 2 days. I’m not sure if that had anything to do with it or it just came down to the quality of the eggs.

We decided to give IVF another shot, from scratch, like we had intended to. We had good results (used our own sperm and eggs). Transferred 5 good quality embryos and 1 stayed. Did the CVS and that came out fine. They let us know we are having a boy. I’m 16 weeks pregnant today.

Our first baby was a girl born Oct. 9, 2008. We feel truly blessed.

I think I had about 10% chance or less to get pregnant this 2nd time. About 10 out of 100 at our particular clinic for women over 40 have success. Somebody has to be those 10 out of a 100, statistically speaking. Have hope.

btw, on the first attempt for the 2nd baby with the frozen embryo transfer and the IUI turned IVF, I tried to only think positively. On the last IVF from scratch, I didn’t focus on positive thoughts. I tried not to think negatively of course. And we had so much going on I thought for sure it wouldn’t work. We were buying a house, selling a house, moving and doing IVF all at the same time. I thought with that much stress, it wouldn’t work. I took the pregnancy test just to prove my self right so I could help with moving. And to my shock, the HPT was positive. :cheer:

My Doctor says, what it really comes down to is the quality of the egg. I knew I had at least one more good one in me. It was just a matter of having the funds and emotional strength to find it. I think we would have transferred the remaining frozen ones from this last cycle and called it good.

Hi everyone- this thread encouraged and informed me when I was in my ivf cycle and I’m so happy to post my results now too!
Name:Kate Age:41
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: fsh 5.9
How long TTC: 2 years
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC:Yes, that was my major problem- few eggs left of good quality
Any natural or herbal remedies - no. Cut out caffeine completely leading up to/through cycle and have been restricted since transfer- no exercise, sex or baths. Also- got a massage in the afternoon after the transfer to help me relax, then went to bed the rest of the day.
Diagnosis or any known - Just a very low antral follicle count- never more than 6 in total.
Treatments you tried: iui twice, then got pregnant our first ivf cycle.Treatment (if any) that led to success: DHEA 70 mg 3xday for 3 months.
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no
Protocol (meds taken if any): natural start- Dr said taking he pill would supress my ovaries too much- then injectibles, 300 gonal-f and 150 menopur for 10 days, took 250 mcg Certotide days 5-10 as well to prevent ovulation- then hcg trigger.

If IVF how many follicles at ER: 10. I had only 6 antral follicles at the start of the cycle (Feb 2011) but that was better than the 3 we saw in January! I think the improvement came after taking DHEA for 3 months.
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 8
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: 7. 3 day ET.
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2. One was scored 20/20 (perfect 8 celled) the other an 18/20 (12-celled). Symptoms or issues during 2WW: nothing that wouldn’t be attributable to the progesterone and estrogen I was taking.
What day you got your BFP: 10 days past retrieval, 7 days past 3 day transfer (7dp3dt)
Hpt before blood test:Yes
Number of first beta: 100 (13 dp3dt) - next was 150 (16 dp3dt)Number of babies: unknown yet!
Why do YOU think that you were successful this time? Took prescription DHEA for 3 months and I think it helped with quality as well as quantity of eggs.Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! I never imagined how intense his would be after 2 years of trying. It helps a LOT to have friends (online & off) going through the same thing! I still feel like it’s surreal and won’t really believe it’s happening until I see the heartbeat!

Correction!

Hi- just realized i write the wrong figure for my second beta- it was 350! :cheer:

Recent IVF

No success yet but posted this because I am 45 yrs old

I am 45 yrs old & had my 2nd IVF last month (3 day implantation). I previously had 4 IUIs (w/ 50 mg clomid). My progesterone level was 85 this week & for the 1st time I have not felt crampy. Previously my progesterone has ranged from 33 to 52 & it seems like the higher the progesterone level the worse the cramping. The cramping occurred from 6 to 7 days after procedures (around time of Day 21 progesterone test) and lasted sometimes straight thru to my period. It kinda freaks me out that I have not had any cramps this time! Noone at the fertility clinic could really give me a good explanation for the cramping that occured when my progesterone levels were high (since I normally only have cramps about 1 day before period starts) but with such a high level (85!) this time you would think I would be cramping worse than ever. Maybe it is steadily falling progesterone levels that causes the cramping?

Doc retrieved 7 eggs both time. With 1st IVF 4 eggs fertilized and this time 6 eggs fertilized. Doc put all 6 eggs back in. I did have a cold early last week but besides a little pain from my ovaries recently have not felt bad. Actually feel a little better than normal since a lack of caffeine usually causes a little sluggishness. Just wonder why progesterone was 85 this time and 49 last time? Taking same dose of progesterone after both IVFs

Mentally I am not doing well…I have cried off & on all weekend convincing myself that this IVF has also failed (though the HCG test is not going to be done for 4 days). I am ok now but have just been Ms. Waterworks. Maybe being this emotional is tied to the high progesterone level? (just having horrible moody PMS)

Name: 44lila
How long TTC: 1.5 Years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Age, MTHFR homozygous
Treatments you tried before IVF: 2 natural pregnancies that ended in miscarriage; tried clomid with progesterone before moving to IVF
How many IVF did you do before success: 2nd try worked
Protocol (meds taken): Antagonist
How many follicles at ER: they were tracking 12-14
How many eggs retrieved: 19
How many eggs fertilized:16
How many days between ER and ET: 5dt
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2AA blasts
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Very few symptoms other than slightly sore breasts
What day you got your BFP: ? 6dp5dt on HPT (11dpo); beta at 18dpo
HPT before blood test: yes
Number of first beta: 941
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: I never realized before how much your fertility declines by around age 40…I wish I had tried to have children sooner, knowing what I know now. I thought the IVF process was amazing and feel very lucky to have gone through it. It was an emotional roller coaster, but I’m so thankful I was able to do it and we now have our little one on the way :slight_smile:

Pregnant at 42 through IVF with CCS

Name: [COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]Kelly
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: [COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]FSH (10.9), AMH (.4), antral count (7)
How long TTC: [COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]2 years, 2 months
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: [COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]Yes
Any natural or herbal remedies used: [COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]acupuncture, chinese herbs, DHEA 80 mg, melatonin .75-1.5 mg, inositol, fish oil, CoQ10, Royal Jelly, Vitamin D 4000 IU, Pilates
Diagnosis or any known issues: [COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]after 3 attempts with clomid and IUI, 1 chemical pregnancy and 1 miscarriage, my original RE concluded I had poor egg quality due to advanced maternal age. I also have fibroids, but they are on the outside of the uterus
Treatments you tried: [COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]See my signature below
Treatment (if any) that led to success: [COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]IVF with Comprehensive Chromosomal Screening (CCS)
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: [COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]No
Protocol (meds taken if any): [COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]E2, Cetrotide, Dexamethasone, Menopur (2 AMPS, AM), Gonal-F (300 units, PM), Saizen (.33 ml) - my first cycle used EPP which over-supressed me
If IVF how many follicles at ER: [COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]11
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: [COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]9
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: [COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]7
If IVF how many days between ER and ET: [COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]FET
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: [COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]2 blasts on Day 6 (3BB, 4BB); CCS found only one to be normal; we transferred one blast
Symptoms or issues during 2WW:[COLOR=“DarkOrchid”] spotting, mild cramping, headaches, breast tenderness, fatigue, gas, bloating, frequent urination - some of these likely due to the P4 I was taking, but the breast tenderness, headaches, fatigue, and freq urination did not start until ~6dpt even though I had been on P4 for 12 days by then.
What day you got your BFP: [COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]9dpt (FET of 6d blast)
HPT before blood test: [COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]at 5dpt :bfn:
Number of first beta: [COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]56
Number of babies: [COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]1
Why do YOU think that you were successful this time? [COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]Hard to say. After the failure of the 1st IVF cycle I did three things. First, I found a compounding pharmacy to make 80mg tablets of micronized DHEA since this is the dosage and form taken by women in the studies. Most of the over-the-counter DHEA is not micronized, which means it doesn’t get absorbed as well. Second, I begged my doctor to add Saizen to my list of meds because I’d read it can help improve egg quality. He said some studies have shown it helps and other studies have shown no effect, so it is still controversial and expensive. My thinking was that as long as there were no studies showing it hurt, and as long as I was paying so much anyway, I’d spend the money and take the chance it could help. Third, I went back to eating whole wheat products (gluten) and dairy. My acupuncturist had me on a strict no-gluten, no-dairy diet for over a year. I hated it and it didn’t help with the first cycle so I went back to eating what I liked. Of course, it may simply have been that IVF is a numbers game and it took two tries to find one good egg.
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! [COLOR=“DarkOrchid”]I wish my original RE would have agreed to do an antral follicle count and AMH test when I first went to see him 2 years ago. With that information, I probably would have gone onto IVF much faster. I actually asked for the tests and he refused, preferring instead to put me through 3 rounds of clomid w/IUI and 2 miscarriages before he recommended I try IVF! I have a Kaiser HMO.

Name: Kelly
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: can’t remember
How long TTC: 5 yrs
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC:yes
Any natural or herbal remedies used: tried fertility herbs and acupuncture with first try, but stopped
Diagnosis or any known issues: PCOS, poor quality eggs
Treatments you tried: clomid, 3 iui’s, IVF
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: NO
Protocol (meds taken if any):
If IVF how many follicles at ER: 30,26
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 30, 22
If IVF how many eggs fertilized:8 ( none healthy first try and 7 with only 3 healthy on the second ivf
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: three
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: none
What day you got your BFP:
Number of first beta: 300
Why do [B]YOU[/B] think that you were successful this time? I was less stressed on the second try and knew what to expect. I was able to relax.
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! I wish that we would have moved onto ivf sooner, instead of doing the iui’s. I was told I needed to wait a year after our daughter was born before trying again. But, we have a beautiful, funny little girl and feel very blessed.

Hello and THANKS!

Hi everyone,

I am a noob and this is my first post. I am 40 and we have our first appointment with the RE later this month. I never thought we would consider IVF, but here we are. Both of my tubes are blocked and I have severe endo (recently diagnosed) so my OB/GYN said IVF was the most likely option. I thought my age would make this impossible, but I am now hopeful after reading your posts.

Thanks for sharing!!

I love this cite!

Going through a FET now. In the 2ww. However, I did have a successful IVF round and have a beautiful baby boy. The following are the results of that treatment.

FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: can’t remember
How long TTC: 5 yrs
Any natural or herbal remedies used: tried fertility herbs and acupuncture
Diagnosis or any known issues: Age? Otherwise healthy and tests were normal. FSH = 6
Treatments you tried: clomid, 3 iui’s, IVF
If IVF how many follicles at ER: 19
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 16
If IVF how many eggs fertilized:8
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: two
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: felt like I was going to start my period
What day you got your BFP: 10
HPT before blood test: no
Number of first beta: 180
Why do [B]YOU[/B] think that you were successful this time? I was less stressed on the second try and knew what to expect. I was able to relax.
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! I wish that we would have moved onto ivf sooner, instead of doing the iui’s.

FET: May 6, 2011
In the dreaded 2ww now. :cross:

Name: Denise
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: 4.9 FSH, day 3 E2 47, Antral count 14
How long TTC: 2.5 yrs
Any natural or herbal remedies used: Nothing. When I tried royal jelly one cycle, it was the worst batch of eggs I ever made. Prenatals, Omega 3’s that was it.
Treatments you tried: clomid, 5 iui’s, 3 IVF
Treatment (if any) that led to success: IVF 3
Protocol (meds taken if any): Microdose flare
If IVF how many follicles at ER: 13
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 12
If IVF how many eggs fertilized:7 (we had some immatures)
If IVF how many days between ER and ET: 3
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 4 3 day embryos. 2 grade 2’s, 2 grade 3’s
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Peeing and bad sleep 6dp3dt. I knew I was pregnant.
What day you got your BFP: 10dpo
Number of first beta: 205
Number of babies: 2
Why do [B]YOU[/B] think that you were successful this time? It was just plain and simple Gods timing. I had given up this was ever going to work and was just going through the motions to use all my insurance money. Its all a crapshoot, all of it. Get you a good SART data doctor and try it his way. My one pearl is not to let this rule your life or your marriage. Too many women on here have turned their lives upside down to have a baby. Massive amounts of debt, massive amounts of supplements, ignoring your life-its not healthy. It may truly not be in the cards for some of us to have babies. Once you realize YOU HAVE NO CONTROL of this outcome, believe me you will sleep easier. I did not even do bedrest really on this last one. I went dancing actually 3d transfer. You and Your marriage are first this is second!

Best of luck to all of you. I had a 10% chance conceiving 1 with my own eggs after very dismal IVF failures and miscarraiges. Well, I now have 2 cooking in the oven as we speak. Nothing is impossible, its up to you how much you can take.

Good Luck!

Name: Anna
How long TTC: 2 yrs
Any natural or herbal remedies used: no
Diagnosis or any known issues: Mild PCOS, DH mild sperm issues
Treatments you tried: clomid, 2 iui’s, IVF
Treatment (if any) that led to success: 1st IVF
Protocol (meds taken if any): Lupron, bravelle, menopur,hcg, progesterone
If IVF how many follicles at ER: 22
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 22
If IVF how many eggs fertilized:18
If IVF how many days between ER and ET: 3
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: FIVE!!! All top rating
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: OHSS
What day you got your BFP: At the ER for OHSS
Number of first beta: 105
Number of babies: 3 sacs first US only 2 with babies. Lost twin B at 9 weeks
Why do [B]YOU[/B] think that you were successful this time? I did accupuncture and took COQ 10 and Alpha Lupoic acid per the reccomendation of our embryologist. Also the RE we used has the highest success rates in the state
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! Never give up that once you finally get that BFP you will forget what a long long road it was!!!

I just wanted to say thank you for creating a thread showing success in post 40 IVF.

I am about to embark on our IVF journey, been told we will start in July.

I have been given all the negatives related to age, chances of conception and of course high risk of miscarriage. It left me feeling a little low, but this thread has given me hope and I hope I too can post my success in coming months.

I’ve been on Clomid for 4 months, plus this one will make 5. Had a barrage of blood tests in this time, been told my ovarian reserve is low, but within range for person my age!

I have a beautiful daughter, from natural conception, aged 40, so they take this as a positive.

Good luck to all still trying and I look forward to sharing my journey with you too.

Name: Lisa
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: AMH 0.3
How long TTC: 1yr
Any natural or herbal remedies used:
Diagnosis or any known issues: Age
Treatments you tried: IVF
If IVF how many follicles at ER:
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 8
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: 6
If IVF how many days between ER and ET: 4
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: three
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: felt like I was going to start my period
What day you got your BFP:
Number of first beta: 106
Number of babies: 1 beautiful boy
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process!

Success at age 40!!

Okay, I actually had my FET when I was 39, but I was 40 when my daughter was born!!! AND, according to my clinic, FET after age 37 are much more likely to NOT be successful! So there is hope! Here is my complete fertility history: both my children were born after age 38!!!

Name: Kristen (Baby G&P Mom!)

Age at conception: 38 at Egg Retrieval in 2008, 39 at FET transfer in 2010

Diagnoses: Severe Endometriosis/Fibroids (removed in 2003 but some present 2008-10)

Treatments you tried before IVF: Natural conception with acupuncture, two cycles of clomid (no success)

How many fresh and frozen cycles before success:
Protocol (meds taken):
1st Fresh cycle (lupron, estradiol, progesterone in oil for two weeks after implantation): :bfp:

1st Frozen Cycle (estradiol and progesterone, latter for full 12 weeks): :bfp:

Complimentary treatments (acupuncture, massage, etc.): Acupuncture

How many days bedrest (if any): 2 days after each transfer (fresh and frozen)

How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 embroyos transferred during fresh cycle, can’t remember exact rating but pretty high!!! Only 2 embryos of 13 frozen on sixth day after 1st IVF, high quality standards at lab!

Symptoms or issues during your successful 2WW:
My symptoms during both fresh and frozen: Cramping and feeling like period about to start!! Frozen Embryo transfer had some serious gross darkish red/brown spotting that I was convinced was period (probably progesterone suppositories).

HPT before blood test?: Both times I cheated…DON’T DO IT!!! Makes no sense: I had a :bfn: with my fresh IVF cycle and my HCG ended up super high and initially had twins!!! My frozen cycle I had a faint :bfp: and my HCG was just barely pregnant so they told me not to be optimistic (although it was fine!).

What day you got your BFP: I can’t recall fresh cycle but I believe the faint BFP for frozen cycle was day before blood test or maybe a little earlier!!

Number of first beta: Fresh IVF: in low 200s, Frozen Cycle: I think it was 50?? Not as good as they would have liked but positive.

Number of babies: Fresh IVF: Twins but lost one in first trimester and delivered healthy baby boy. Frozen IVF: One healthy baby girl!

Advice for those going through FET now:
FET seems to have lower success rates, so my hubby and I were pretty relaxed, we just figured we would see what happened and then move onto an IVF. I think that attitude was important, being relaxed. Of course, I wasn’t relaxed for the agonizing weeks while we waited for the low HcG to increase and get to stage to get 1st trimester screening done, but relaxation is key for FET or any fertility treatment. I think they are improving their abilities to do frozen transfers so rates can improve, even for older mothers like me!

I’m available for private messaging about fertility issues, I know it is a tough road and any advice I can share, would love to do so!

Fet 10 day wait

Hi everyone! I’m new to this site. It’s nice to find this forum and comforting at the same time that a lot of women are in the same boat as me but inspiring as well to know that alot of women over 35 are actually successful with IVF. It gives me hope. About me:

Dh: 37 (perfectly healthy, good sperm count)
Years of ttc: 8
Case: Pcos (lean) & ammenorhea, + for APAS
Treatments: Clomid, IUI, IVF
Other treatments: Acupuncture, also working with a reproductive immunologist Dr. kwak-Kim

of pregnancies: 3 but all :wings: :wings: :wings:

*last one was a boy. He had trisomy 9

I’m currently on a bed rest. Just had my transfer today of my last 4 frosties from when I was 34. 2 expanded blasts 4AB and 2 blasts 3AB. Planning to stay on bed for 5 days. Unfortunately, I’ve ben fighting a cold for the last 3 days so hopefully this will not affect implantation. I’ve been coughing a lot and I hope this is not contracting my embryos in my uterus. Do u guys know if this will affect this?

@ G&P mom: You inspire me. (as well as the other women here) I would love to PM with you if you have time.

10 days from now I will find out if this will work. I really hope so. I feel so alone right now but after reading all your successes, it gives me hope. This journey has been so long and I hope this time it will end successfully. :bsv:

3lilangels
:paw: My baby bull

To 3 Lil Angels, you wrote:

“I’m currently on a bed rest. Just had my transfer today of my last 4 frosties from when I was 34. 2 expanded blasts 4AB and 2 blasts 3AB. Planning to stay on bed for 5 days. Unfortunately, I’ve ben fighting a cold for the last 3 days so hopefully this will not affect implantation. I’ve been coughing a lot and I hope this is not contracting my embryos in my uterus. Do u guys know if this will affect this?”

Both times I had IVF and FET, I had terrible colds and/or allergies. In fact, all through my FET pregnancy, I coughed and coughed. Stay away from the cold meds etc as I’m sure they told you at clinic and just try to suffer through. Lots of hot water, honey, tea, anything natural to try and ease coughing!!!

Good luck!:cheer:

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Name: Rachel[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Age: 42[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: FSH 10.8 at age 38[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]How long TTC: 3 years[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: yes, egg quality worse with age[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Any natural or herbal remedies used: used acupuncture with IVF #2 and #3, used Chinese herbs with IVF #3, got the book “Fertility Diet” which focuses on Chinese medicine, lots of vegetables and focus on basic, not acidic, diet. (see below re success with high protein diet). I wouldn’t use this book.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Diagnosis or any known issues: no known issues, age, husband no issues[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Treatments you tried: IUI (natural), IUI (Clomid), IUI (injectables), IVF[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Treatment (if any) that led to success: no treatment, natural pregnancy[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Protocol (meds taken if any): many protocols (see below)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]8/2007 Started TTC[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]11/2007 :bfp: twins, m/c at 8 weeks:wings: [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]9/2008 first visit to fertility doc. FSH 10.8, started levothyroxine 50 micrograms, baby aspirin[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]10/2008 IUI with Clomid (50mg 5 days) , BFN[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]11/2008 IUI with Clomid (50mg 5 days), :bfp: , m/c at 6 weeks:wings: [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]2/2009 IUI natural cycle (because of cyst) , BFN[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]3/2009 IUI with Follistim (150mg), ovidrel, progesterone post IUI, BFN[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]4/2009 IUI natural cycle (because of cyst) , BFN [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]4/2009 IUI back to back with Follistim (200mg?), ovidrel, progesterone post IUI, BFN[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]5/2009 IUI natural cycle (because of cyst) , BFN [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]7/2009 IVF cycle #1 (Follistim 300, menopur 150, ganirelix, doxycycline, medrol, baby aspirin, thyroid, Endometrin (progesterone) post transfer)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]7/2009 egg retrieval (8 eggs, 6 fertilized normally)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]7/2009 embryo transfer (4: 1 grade 1 8 cell, 1 grade 2 8 cell , 1 grade 3 8 cell, 1 6 cell)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]7/2009 BFN[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]8/2009 IVF cycle #2 (lupron 10, Follistim 420, menopur 150, doxycycline, medrol, baby aspirin, thyroid, Endometrin post transfer)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]8/2009 egg retrieval (14 eggs, 12 fertilized)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]9/2009 embryo transfer (6: 4 8 cell, 1 7 cell, 1 6 cell)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]9/2009 BFN [/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]11/2009 IVF cycle #3 (Lupron 10, Follistim 420, Menopur 150, doxycycline, medrol, baby aspirin, tyroid, endometrin post-transfer)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]11/2009 egg retreival (11 eggs, 6 fertilized)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]11/2009 embryo transfer (6 transferred: all 8 cell?)[/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]11/2009 BFN [/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]4/2010 IUI with Clomid (50mg 5 days) , BFN[/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]5/2010 changed clinics[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]5/2010 IUI with Clomid (100mg 5 days) :bfp: , m/c at 6 weeks:wings: [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]8/2010 IUI with Clomid (100mg 5 days), BFN [/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]10/2010 :bfp: (natural), first hcg 475, second 976[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]6/2011 Nicolas born, healthy baby boy![/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Symptoms or issues during 2WW: every cycle my breasts started hurting in 2ww, even if not pregnant.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]What day you got your BFP: didn’t get my period as expected. Tested on day 29 - BFP[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Number of first beta: 475[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Number of babies: 1[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Why do YOU think that you were successful this time? I think it was luck that my ovaries served up a good egg this particular month. But, what did I do differently this time? My friend lent me an African fertility doll that has a perfect track record. I ovulated 2 days after receiving it in the mail and got pregnant! Also, I was trying to lose weight using a high protein diet (almost all meat, eggs, yogurt, cheese with limited veg, no fruit, and limited carbs – NOT the atkins diet with high fat). I happened to be on this when I got pregnant, and it might have helped. I normally do not think my diet is low in protein but perhaps it is. The woman who told me about the diet also got pregnant while she was on this same diet after a few years of the best doctors in the world and she didn’t link her success to the diet. Once I told her I thought it might be a factor for me she thought it also might be for her. I am 42 but hope for another, and will try to go high protein again while trying… Also, I have been on a micro dose of levothyroxine (thyroid med) for 2+ years, maybe it took awhile for a normal thyroid level to benefit me?[/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=‘Calibri’,‘sans-serif’]Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! YES, that it is possible to get pregnant and have a child after failed IVF. I personally feel like IVF is so unnatural, perhaps it hindered me from pregnancy. I felt much more natural with Clomid, pee on a stick, and do IUI at the time you naturally ovulate. Even that is not natural though. I have another friend my age who tried multiple IVF attempts and then got pregnant naturally like me, due in a few months. Also, I don’t think you should listen to FSH. I don’t know how much evidence is out there supporting doom and gloom with high FSH, but I know several people with high numbers who have proceeded to have children (with and without ART). Don’t listen to the number and the prognosis! One friend was told by everyone that her chances were near zero, but she just had twins with Clomid / IUI. My doctor told me it is not that unusual to get pregnant after multiple failed IVF attempts. Going natural feels like giving up when you know your years are ticking away, but for us it worked. Good luck to everyone here – I was glued to this board while doing IVF and hope that my story can help some keep up hope!

Name: Amy
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: FSH was good but I can’t remember the number
How long TTC: 17 months
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: yes
Any natural or herbal remedies used: pineapple (bromelian) after transfer
Diagnosis or any known issues: none/age
Treatments you tried: clomid, 3 iui, ivf
Treatment (if any) that led to success: ivf
Protocol (meds taken if any): gonal f, dexamethasone, baby aspirin, luveris, doxycylcine, progesterone in oil, vivelle estrogen patches
If IVF how many follicles at ER: 18
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 16
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: 14
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: We had 8 grade A 3 day embryos and did PGD testing on all 14 and found 4 normal transferred 3 grade A 5 day normal blasts; the last one did not make it to freeze
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: none
What day you got your BFP: Friday May 13th (and who says Friday the 13th isn’t lucky)
HPT before blood test: yes all negative even the night before my beta!
Number of first beta: 125
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process![/quote]I think I was just lucky. I already had a son (surprise pregnancy) so I knew I could get pregnant. I was sure it didn’t work. I feel very fortunate and lucky that it did work the first time. My RE said we had a 10% chance of success. I think PGD really helped determine which embryos were the best to transfer. Also ate pineapple (including the core) the day of transfer and everyday for 3 days. Also did bed rest for 3 days per my RE, although I’ve seen studies that bed rest may not be beneficial.