List your IVF 40+ BFP HERE! (Successes only please, not chat)

First Time IVF

Please do not give up! I am probably the oldest one to post here. I am 49 and about to begin IVF treatment for the first time! The start date is 8/7/2011 with ET on 9/8th or so. Got remarried last year and DH is a few yrs. younger than me but we look almost the same age physically. However, my RE said that my eggs are too old so he suggested going with DE. My new hubby and I want to start a new family, we have so many dreams about this…:pray: I had two successful pregancies before menopause when I was 30 and 33, my teens do not know that we are planning to extend our family. It will be a surprise for all including our relatives and my Mom! I am overwhelmed and worried about all of the different medicines and hormones I am supposed to begin taking for over a month to prepare for transfer. Any problems with side effects? It is good to see that there is a support group like this one. I will be praying for all of you. Will keep you posted. :flower:

IvetteMarie, I’m 50 and my DH is 33. It’s good to know I’m not the only IVF “grad student” here. We’re in a similar situation. I have three children from a previous relationship and he has none. We used donor eggs…first cycle transferred two d5 blasts, second cycle (FET…I’m in the middle of the 2WW right now) transferred two blasts. The first cycle was unsuccessful…we’re hoping for better things this time around! Best wishes to you!

Dear Jruner, thanks for your words of encouragement. I am happy to see that your second IVF is looking very positive. Hang in there!:clap: My DH is 32 and I am 49. You situation and mine are almost identical. What a small world!. My first IVF cycle has been moved 1 1/2 weeks due to needing a hysteroscopy with cervical dilation under anesthesia -outpatient surgery . Had this done this past 8/11th. At home recovering now. Apparently all OK with my uterus. Doctor wants to ensure I am ready for transfer. Starting my BCP on 8/11th and the rest of the meds for transfer close to 9/17-19th.:pray: Taking Cacium and Vit D for low bone density. Need to start taking prenatal vitamins now. Any problems with this and a successful pregnancy? My doc says OK but other people say no, no calcium + D supplements. Do you think it is OK? Which foods should I eat and which foods should I avoid to ensure a succesful IVF transfer and pregnancy?

Name: merlin05
Age: 39 during IVF, will be 40 at delivery (14 weeks pg, due in Feb)
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: all in normal range
How long TTC: almost 3 years
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: yes
Any natural or herbal remedies used: acupuncture, meditation and visualization
Diagnosis or any known issues: AMA, RPL (five miscarriages and chemicals before finally succeeding.)
Treatments you tried: Clomid, Femara w timed intercourse. Both worked but resulted in mcs.
Treatment (if any) that led to success: IVF with PGD/CGH testing
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken if any): Lupron, Gonal F to stim, estrogen and progesterone
If IVF how many follicles at ER: 21
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 21
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: 17 w ICSI (only 4 tested normal w PGD)
If IVF how many days between ER and ET: 5
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 during fresh cycle (chemical) 2 during FET a month later = BFP; not given grading, but doctor said they looked really good
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: some breast soreness*
What day you got your BFP: 9dp5dt (FET)
HPT before blood test: morning of beta, it was positive
Number of first beta: 66
Number of babies: 1
Why do YOU think that you were successful this time? Without a doubt, doing PGD/CGH made all the difference. Out of 17 embryos only four tested normal. So we could have tried for another year, had more miscarriages and no baby. I was also very lucky to take three months off of work during the whole IVF process. I believe that allowed me to completely focus on taking care of myself.
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! IVF isn’t always recommended for women with RPL, but I really believed the PGD/CGH would make a difference for us and it did. I do sometimes wish we would have moved to IVF sooner.

hi! ldies wishing you all baby dust!

looking for ivf 40+ buddies

Hi ladies,
I have been looking for ivf 40+ buddies. Is anyone one on similiar schedule or meds?
I started meds on aug 5, 2011

[quote=dndtaylor]Hi Ladies. This post was brought to my attention as being a great thread for a “sticky” and I have to agree. There are some great questions that others going through IVF/FET can use as support. Thanks for the thread idea Teresa! Please answer as much as you can. Your experiences often give others the guidance and encouragement they need to get through their IF struggles. I hope that this thread is able to help you all get those BFP’s that you deserve. Best of luck in 2010, this is YOUR year.

Name:lyn:flower:
Dh: 38
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results:
How long TTC:9 Dec 2010
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC:yes
Any natural or herbal remedies used:yes
Diagnosis or any known issues:age
Treatments you tried:
Treatment (if any) that led to success::wings: mc
Are you using donor eggs or sperm:no
Protocol (meds taken if any):gonal f, menopur, ganirlex, ovidril, medrol, doxycycline, progesterone
If IVF how many follicles at ER:
If IVF how many eggs retrieved:
If IVF how many eggs fertilized:
If IVF how many days between ER and ET:
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:
Symptoms or issues during 2WW:
What day you got your BFP:
HPT before blood test:
Number of first beta:
Number of babies:
Why do [B]YOU[/B] think that you were successful this time?
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process![/quote] :babydust:

[quote=mybaby2b]Hi ladies,
I have been looking for ivf 40+ buddies. Is anyone one on similiar schedule or meds?
I started meds on aug 5, 2011[/quote]

There’s an over 35 August IVF groupl Sounds like you’d be perfect for us.

Hi!! thanks i hope all is going well!!! good luck on the 19!!! had ovidril cocktail last night going in thurs for er sun et. only have 3 eggs so have fingers crossed!!! wishing you baby dust!!! :babydust:

[quote=merlin05]Name: merlin05
Age: 39 during IVF, will be 40 at delivery (14 weeks pg, due in Feb)
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: all in normal range
How long TTC: almost 3 years
Any natural or herbal remedies used: acupuncture, meditation and visualization
Diagnosis or any known issues: AMA, RPL (five miscarriages and chemicals before finally succeeding.)
Treatments you tried: Clomid, Femara w timed intercourse. Both worked but resulted in mcs.
Treatment (if any) that led to success: IVF with PGD/CGH testing
Protocol (meds taken if any): Lupron, Gonal F to stim, estrogen and progesterone
If IVF how many follicles at ER: 21
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 21
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: 17 w ICSI (only 4 tested normal w PGD)
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 during fresh cycle (chemical) 2 during FET a month later = BFP; not given grading, but doctor said they looked really good
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: some breast soreness*
What day you got your BFP: 9dp5dt (FET)
HPT before blood test: morning of beta, it was positive
Number of first beta: 66
Why do YOU think that you were successful this time? Without a doubt, doing PGD/CGH made all the difference. Out of 17 embryos only four tested normal. So we could have tried for another year, had more miscarriages and no baby. I was also very lucky to take three months off of work during the whole IVF process. I believe that allowed me to completely focus on taking care of myself.
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! IVF isn’t always recommended for women with RPL, but I really believed the PGD/CGH would make a difference for us and it did. I do sometimes wish we would have moved to IVF sooner.[/quote]

hi Merlin05 - What is PGD/CGH?? Thanks!

Hi i am not giving up either!!!

Skisunfun- i like your title!!!

I had ER yesterday thur everything went well got the call this morn fri ET might be canceled due to poor egg quality there might be 1 out of 3? i will know more sat? if canceled i will try agian sept. i did know going in with only 3 eggs not the best chances but gave it try anyway. today just feel lost.:frowning: it is frustrating & emotionally draining at times but the end result will be well worth it! i have to think positive and try agian Dh is being so supportive always being bright & positive. :slight_smile: he always makes me feel better.

wishing you all baby dust!!!:babydust:

Name: Teresa (Pricklecushion)
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: FSH highest was 9
How long TTC: 5 years but had a girl on 3rd IVF this was my 5th IVF
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: yes but thought it was definitely possible even at my age
Any natural or herbal remedies used: not this time
Diagnosis or any known issues: age, less follicles than younger women
Treatments you tried: One IUI before my 5 IVF’s
Treatment (if any) that led to success: IVF
Protocol (meds taken if any): Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, estrodial, and progesterone
If IVF how many follicles at ER: 12
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 11
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: 8 w ICSI
If IVF how many days between ER and ET: 3
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 6 (only 3 were considered good quality though)
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Hard to say because of the progesterone
What day you got your BFP: 9dp3dt
HPT before blood test: Yes, many
Number of first beta: I don’t remember…a hundred something
Why do YOU think that you were successful this time? I have no idea. I actually didn’t think it would work. I was amazed because it was our last one. I have a beautiful baby boy who is a week old now though :slight_smile:
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! IVF is one of the hardest things a woman can go through. Staying positive and treating yourself well are the best things you can do during the process. Surround yourself with good friends and try to take it easy and not second guess everything in the process. At the same time be aware if there are any major problems and change Dr.'s if you feel that you could get better results elsewhere. Good luck!!

Name: heather
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: can’t remember
How long TTC: 5 yrs
Any natural or herbal remedies used: acupuncture, bee pollen, inositol and myolin. I used the prenatals from my acupuncturist (pharm grade herbs)
Diagnosis or any known issues: unexplained fertility, I did have a small septum removed
Treatments you tried:clomid natural, clomid IUI, inject IUI, IVF 2 fresh and 1 FET
Treatment (if any) that led to success: IVF, 2nd fresh cycle
Protocol (meds taken if any): follistim, ovidrel, what seemed like never ending rounds of progesterone
If IVF how many follicles at ER: 20+
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 20
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: 9
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 blasts and 1 morula
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: none other than addiction to poas
What day you got your BFP: 5dp5dt hpt, 14dp5dt blood
HPT before blood test: yes
Number of first beta: 591
Number of babies: 1 (we lost a twin)
Why do [B]YOU[/B] think that you were successful this time? I had a great egg reserve, just needed to find the right egg (and I believed this whole heartedly). I did everything I could to swing the odds in my favor - accupuncture, adding the myoinositol cocktail to my regimine, organic food, etc. After 2 fresh IVF and 1 FET cycle we finally are getting our miracle. Hindsight I would have moved on to IVF much sooner.

MyoInositol?

[quote=goodlife]Name: heather
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: can’t remember
How long TTC: 5 yrs
Any natural or herbal remedies used: acupuncture, bee pollen, inositol and myolin. I used the prenatals from my acupuncturist (pharm grade herbs)
Diagnosis or any known issues: unexplained fertility, I did have a small septum removed
Treatments you tried:clomid natural, clomid IUI, inject IUI, IVF 2 fresh and 1 FET
Treatment (if any) that led to success: IVF, 2nd fresh cycle
Protocol (meds taken if any): follistim, ovidrel, what seemed like never ending rounds of progesterone
If IVF how many follicles at ER: 20+
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 20
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: 9
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 blasts and 1 morula
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: none other than addiction to poas
What day you got your BFP: 5dp5dt hpt, 14dp5dt blood
HPT before blood test: yes
Number of first beta: 591
Number of babies: 1 (we lost a twin)
Why do [B]YOU[/B] think that you were successful this time? I had a great egg reserve, just needed to find the right egg (and I believed this whole heartedly). I did everything I could to swing the odds in my favor - accupuncture, adding the myoinositol cocktail to my regimine, organic food, etc. After 2 fresh IVF and 1 FET cycle we finally are getting our miracle. Hindsight I would have moved on to IVF much sooner.[/quote]

Thank you for sharing & [B]congratulations[/B]!! What is the MyoInositol cocktail you took? What company makes it??? Thanks!

I second Merlin05…PGD/CCS/CGH made all the difference…out of 24 eggs retrieved, from 3 ER cycles, 19 fertilized, 16 made it to day 3, of those 16 only 8 made it to day 5…8 biopsied full 24 chromosomal testing, 2 were monosomy (100% miscarry)…2 were trisomy, severe birth defects, possible miscarry…1 was too messed up to even determine sex…3 normals…I transferred 2, one took.

What does PGD/CCS/CGH mean/stand for???

40+ new to IVF

Hello ladies. I will star the IVF process in October. After 3 IUI we decided to take two months off the move on to IFV. Thanks for sharing your successes. It gives me great hope. I’m 42 will be 43 in Oct. No children yet but prayerful we will have one soon. Any suggestions on things to do to prepare?

Bon-

[QUOTE=skisunfun]What does PGD/CCS/CGH mean/stand for???[/QUOTE]

Skisunfun - I don’t know the answer to your question, but have you tried the acronyms list in the menu close to the top of the page?

Here’s my story so far:

Name: jruner
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: N/A
How long TTC: 5 months
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: Yes
Any natural or herbal remedies used: None
Diagnosis or any known issues: Age
Treatments you tried: None except for IVF
Treatment (if any) that led to success: IVF with PIO
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: Yes, eggs
Protocol (meds taken if any): Lupron, baby asprin, estradiol, PIO
If IVF how many follicles at ER: N/A
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: N/A
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: 10, only 4 made it to viable blast stage
If IVF how many days between ER and ET: 5 and 6
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 fresh and 2 frozen, all good quality, Fresh ET failed, FET successful so far
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Spotting, including one very brief episode of alarming bleeding; still came up BFP
What day you got your BFP: 8/8/11
HPT before blood test: None
Number of first beta: 641
Number of babies: TRIPLETS!!! Baby A - Girl; Babies B & C - Boys. :slight_smile:
Why do [B]YOU[/B] think that you were successful this time? Maybe using PIO shots rather than gel to deliver progesterone
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! Not really. It’s been pretty close to what I expected. Maybe would have been good to start out with PIO from the start.

PGD/CCS/CGH…are all forms of genetic testing of the actual embryos…if you want more information, check with ER, PGD, FET girls thread…all of these women have had genetic testing of their embryos…absolutely increases a 40+ year olds chances of IVF success with own eggs…caution…only the full 24 chromosomal testing increases success by a measurable amount…Research these types of testing before you waste your time and money on traditional IVF that gives you a 5% success rate with over 40 yr old eggs…some studies suggest success rates as high as 65% with full 24 chromosome testing…

Knowledge will be the key to our success ladies!