List your IVF 40+ BFP HERE! (Successes only please, not chat)

ivf #2

[quote=bonbontree]Hello ladies. I will star the IVF process in October. After 3 IUI we decided to take two months off the move on to IFV. Thanks for sharing your successes. It gives me great hope. I’m 42 will be 43 in Oct. No children yet but prayerful we will have one soon. Any suggestions on things to do to prepare?

Bon-[/quote]

Hi ladies!!!:flower:

So glad i found this site all your journals are so inspirational!!! I will be 42 in september its nice to see success with 40+!!! thanks for your posts!!!
starting ivf #2 journey. AF arrived this morning!!! (along with hurricane irene) all is well.
start bc (necon) on tue for 21 days.

wishing you all baby dust on your journey!!! hang on its some ride!!!

Eastcoasters stay safe hurricane irene movin on!!!lyn ny

[quote=lynncole]Me: 43
DH: 41

When I was 42, I looked for positive results from IVF for women over 40 and was quite discouraged and bummed out because I couldn’t find much. At 43, I had a successful round of IVF and wanted to share in case anybody else is looking for that encouragement to try.

My first pregnancy was with IVF and I was 40. We were lucky in that it worked on our first try. We had 2 embryos to freeze. We transferred (3) 5 day blastocysts (all good quality).

I thought we figured out our unexplained fertility and felt positive the frozen embryos would work. They didn’t. We had a business trip we had to take and felt we didn’t have time for a full round of IVF so decided to try IUI. Had 7 follicles. My regular doctor was out of town and I had to see one of the other doctors. He said, “you know, you only have a 10% chance of this working.” I was crushed. I guess I thought I had 10% chance or so per egg, with 7 eggs, perhaps a much higher chance. So I asked what happens if we turn this into an IVF. I was told 3 times the success rate of IUI. So we did. We transferred all 7. They were all good quality too. It didn’t work. I did the 3 day rest and then was off on a plane, and hardly slept for 2 days. I’m not sure if that had anything to do with it or it just came down to the quality of the eggs.

We decided to give IVF another shot, from scratch, like we had intended to. We had good results (used our own sperm and eggs). Transferred 5 good quality embryos and 1 stayed. Did the CVS and that came out fine. They let us know we are having a boy. I’m 16 weeks pregnant today.

Our first baby was a girl born Oct. 9, 2008. We feel truly blessed.

I think I had about 10% chance or less to get pregnant this 2nd time. About 10 out of 100 at our particular clinic for women over 40 have success. Somebody has to be those 10 out of a 100, statistically speaking. Have hope.

btw, on the first attempt for the 2nd baby with the frozen embryo transfer and the IUI turned IVF, I tried to only think positively. On the last IVF from scratch, I didn’t focus on positive thoughts. I tried not to think negatively of course. And we had so much going on I thought for sure it wouldn’t work. We were buying a house, selling a house, moving and doing IVF all at the same time. I thought with that much stress, it wouldn’t work. I took the pregnancy test just to prove my self right so I could help with moving. And to my shock, the HPT was positive. :cheer:

My Doctor says, what it really comes down to is the quality of the egg. I knew I had at least one more good one in me. It was just a matter of having the funds and emotional strength to find it. I think we would have transferred the remaining frozen ones from this last cycle and called it good.[/quote]

Thank you for this post!! It means somuch to hear other struggled and it was worth it in the end. :wink:

Hi ladies, :flower:

BLD test this morning wait for call hopefully start BC tonight! start this journey!!!

Ladies- your stories are truly inspirational thank you it gives us all hope nice to see success over 40+!!!
all your stories keep me going when i am feeling down thank you i am happy to be a part of this thread!!

does anyone have 1 cup of coffee? RE says ok to have 1 just wondering if i should give up the morning cuppa??

wishing you all baby dust!!! :babydust:

Hi, I am 49 and I am going through my 1st IVF treatment using donor eggs. I’d like to know if you had any side effects with the hormones. Lupron and the combination of Lupron with Delestrogen plue Estring? How about the PIO injections? I just stopped taking my BCP and I am on my 7th day on the Lupron injections. I am having a rough time with the Lupron due to dizziness and palpitations (a condition I already had but it is much worse after each injection). I called my Dr. and he lowered my dose from 20 to 10. I have not had a period for 3 yrs, my ovaries were quiet as of the first day on Lupron. We only hope I don’t ovulate and that this in the end pays off!:pray: Any other tips you could provide to help me get through the side effects of the hormones? Good luck to you too.

Ivettemarie- I havnt taken lupron yet (i will be taking microdose lupron is that the same?)be if you go back in some of threads might be helpful in regards to taking lupron & other meds? best of luck to you.

40 Years Old

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this website but looking for some support. I am 40 years old and had a failed tubal reversal so we have moved on to IVF. I have been taking Lupron the last 2 weeks and tomorrow I move on to stims. I am nervous but excited, would love to hear your experiences or if there is another site/thread that you would recommend for that.

Thank you,
Shauna
:pray:

hi

[quote=shadena]Hello Everyone,

I am new to this website but looking for some support. I am 40 years old and had a failed tubal reversal so we have moved on to IVF. I have been taking Lupron the last 2 weeks and tomorrow I move on to stims. I am nervous but excited, would love to hear your experiences or if there is another site/thread that you would recommend for that.

Thank you,
Shauna
:pray:[/quote]

:welcome: Hi! hope things are going well for you! welcome to this ivf journey!!! just wondering do you have side effects on lupron? tonight is my last night on bCP which i am happy about beacuse they were making me have a short fuse which i normally dont! I start meds sept 22 start micro dose lupron. I am anxious to start this journey. I have found looking at past threads have beeen informative. wishing you baby dust!!! do you know when your ER is?

take care lyn

hi!!

[quote=mybaby2b]:welcome: Hi! hope things are going well for you! welcome to this ivf journey!!! just wondering do you have side effects on lupron? tonight is my last night on bCP which i am happy about beacuse they were making me have a short fuse which i normally dont! I start meds sept 22 start micro dose lupron. I am anxious to start this journey. I have found looking at past threads have beeen informative. wishing you baby dust!!! do you know when your ER is?

take care lyn[/quote]

HI LADIES----- hope all is well! wishing you all baby dust wherever you are in this journey. :babydust:

I started microdose lupron tonight thurs 5 units so far so good that was my easiest injection that i have done!!! anyone have side effects ith microdose lupron? had blood & US & thryroid checked as well today. everything seems to be going fine i will find out about thryroid next few days?

just wondering if anyone has a 1 cup coffee during process? RE said 1 cup is fine just wondering if anyone else is? take care lyn nyc

First IVF Cycle and ET

Hi everyone! I am glad I found this post. My prayers go out to all of you who are ttc. I feel inspired by your stories. Wanted to share with you that I had my first 3d ET 3 days ago. I am in bedrest and sick of it but ecxited! Below are some of my details. I was wondering if it would be OK to drive to work and work all day during days 4-7 after my ET. My doctor only asked me to do bed rest for 72 hrs after ET and no exercise or lifting, bending, etc for the next 2 weeks but I am worried about going back to the office plus having to drive 1 hr each way from/to work. Don’t know if this will put too much stress on my body. I pray that all goes well:pray: I will post an update in about 2w. Blessings!

Name: Ivettemarie
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results:menopausal
How long TTC:2 yrs
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC:age of my own eggs was an issue
Any natural or herbal remedies used: no
Diagnosis or any known issues:none
Treatments you tried:n/a
Treatment (if any) that led to success:n/a
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: Yes DE
Protocol (meds taken if any):Lupron,Delestrogen in Oil, Estring, Estradiol Pills, Progesterone in Oil
If IVF how many follicles at ER:n/a
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 15
If IVF how many eggs fertilized:9
If IVF how many days between ER and ET:3d
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:2 x 8c, grade 4 and 3+
Symptoms or issues during 2WW:still waiting, on 3dpt now
What day you got your BFP:tbd
HPT before blood test:tbd
Number of first beta:tbd
Number of babies:tbd
Why do [B]YOU[/B] think that you were successful this time?
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process![/quote]

looking for support. Acupuncture? did it work?

Hi everyone!
I’m new here and looking for something, anything, that will keep me going.
We’ve been trying forever, literally. Clomid, IUI and now IVF #1

7/10 IUI #4 :bfp:but then no heartbeat

9/11 IVF #1 :bfn: 2 embryos (8 cells)

So here are my questions?

[LIST=1]
[]Has anyone at our age (around 40) tried IVF with acupuncture and it worked?
[
]Did you wait a month in between treatments of IVF and if so did you try naturally in between?
[*]Did you do anything different in your second IVF cycle?[/LIST]I want to get as much information as I can because we want this to be a positive experience!

Thank you so much!!
xo

Sully,

You will probably get lots of different points of view on your question.

I think that you should do everything that you can to improve egg quality since it could be the issue.

My RE recommends 75mg of DHEA and 600mg of Coenzyme Q10. He does says that while the research is inconclusive, that it can’t hurt.

Have you considered doing Array CGH testing, this is when they test the embryos to see if they have a full set of chromosomes? From Reprogentics brochure they say that "the chances of producing aneuploid (bad) eggs (and therefore embryos) increases from less than 50% in women younger than 35 years to close to 80% in women 41 years and older.

Some RE don’t think testing is worth it but others realliy push it. I would ask your RE about it.

[quote=PopsicleMTB]Sully,

I think that you should do everything that you can to improve egg quality since it could be the issue.

My RE recommends 75mg of DHEA and 600mg of Coenzyme Q10. He does says that while the research is inconclusive, that it can’t hurt.

Have you considered doing Array CGH testing, this is when they test the embryos to see if they have a full set of chromosomes? From Reprogentics brochure they say that "the chances of producing aneuploid (bad) eggs (and therefore embryos) increases from less than 50% in women younger than 35 years to close to 80% in women 41 years and older.

Some RE don’t think testing is worth it but others realliy push it. I would ask your RE about it.[/quote]

[B]SPEAK TO YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING ANY SUPPLEMENTS![/B]

Hey all,

I’ve been asked a few times to list the supplement I am taking. Most of these are suggested by [B]Dr. Schoolcraft[/B] (CCRM / wrote the book [B]“If at first you don’t conceive[/B]”. Also the #1 doc for advanced age and low ovarian reserve with the highest # of live births in the US.) … with that said. DHEA is not on his list neither is the probiotic or Apple Cider Vinegar. I tried to post my excel sheet with check boxes to make this easy to use supplement system! But the system edited it to one long difficult to read list with no formatting. Here is a link to a jpg of the list that I have posted on my website. I’ve set it up so you can print out and check the boxes as you take you supplements through the day.

[B]SPEAK TO YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING ANY SUPPLEMENTS![/B] (They can cause thinning blood, hair loss and a host other issues for [I]SOME[/I] people).

The DHEA is for egg [B]quantity[/B] when used with a Gandotropin like Gonal-F. If you cannot afford the kind I got please make sure which ever you do buy is [B]MICRONIZED DHEA[/B].

All the other supplements are meant to get [U][B]GOOD HEALTHY[/B][/U] eggs out of you. [B]Diet and exercise are key[/B]. A low carb, low fat high protein diet works best for MOST women (not all women!). See my note below about juicing.

If you are overweight, taking off just 10 pounds can help with ovarian health.

Think this is a lot to do? Keep in mind what you are working towards! It will be well worth it to try !!:wink:

:preg:

I am on month 2 and feel great but all I care about are those follies and eggs :wink:

http://www.blueiron.com/fertility/supplementjpg.jpg

I have also started juicing as indicated in the book “Inconceivable: A Woman’s Triumph over Despair and Statistics” Amazon.com: Inconceivable: A Woman’s Triumph over Despair and Statistics (9780767908207): Julia Indichova: Books and the movie “Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead” …must see movie for anything with health issues and believe me infertility is a disease that needs to be corrected and not a “oh well I’m too old”. If you are making eggs any at all you CAN get pregnant. But you gotta get your body healthy. I posted a thread earlier this week on it … take read if interested.

Good luck and keep us posted on what works and doesn’t work for you. It might help someone else in the future!

Melatonin

I am newly 40 and in the midst of my 3rd IVF. My sig will give you my history. About 3 months before this cycle, I took Royal Jelly, CoQ10, Fish Oil and 3 mg Melatonin each night. I stimmed 2 days less, retrieved more than twice the eggs, my fertilization went from 50% to 75% and I’ve been pushed to a 5DT from a mandatory 3dt with 3 8 celled last time. I am CONVINCED these supplements helped. Even my RE said he thinks the melatonin helped. Here’s a link to some true medical evidence. Try it!! It gives you a good night’s sleep too. Good luck!!

IVF News - Melatonin could improve women’s IVF success

[quote=PopsicleMTB]Sully,

Some RE don’t think testing is worth it but others realliy push it. I would ask your RE about it.[/quote]

My advice is that you have to do it all. Not just one thing. So take the right supplements, go to a reputable accupuncturist that specializes in fertility, eat the right foods and get daily exercise that has your heart pumping!

All of these things will impact your overall health.

Here are the supplements I am taking (talk to your doc before taking anything new)

I see an accupuncturist twice a week. I know it’s $$$ but worth it given her record! Along with the MANY clinical trials that show Accupuncture has a place in fertility treatment.

I meditate for a min of 15 minutes daily and do everything possible to de-stress!

I recently started an Organic Juice program. See the movie “Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead” it is a MUCT watch for health and then also read Julia Indichova the founder of www.fertileheart.com’s book “inconceivable”. Visit her website to learn more. She had an FSH of 38 and had a healthy baby girl!

Juicing is not easy. (see my thread on it on this website). But the health benefits are OFF THE CHARTS. Think about this … when you do an organic vegetable juice fast your liver and kidneys clear of impurities. And what does the liver do?? It speaks to the Pituitary Gland. Your body is no longer taking in food additives, metals, and all the other crap that causes health issues. You organs are getting cleaner and healthier including your brain and ovaries and uterine lining and now your liver is speaking to your pituitary gland healthier which releases your FSH and LH which tells your ovaries what to do and when to do it … Remember the old song "The hip bone is connected to the leg bone … etc.). When your whole body is healthier it seems logical that your chances of getting pregnant are much better :wink:

All of these things in conjunction with the science (IVF) will put you in a much better position than following just one over another.

I have been taking the supplements for three months now. Just started the juice program and am doing an IVF protocol next month. :cross: I know that I am doing everything possible for my body to produce and carry a healthy pregnancy. Now it comes down to the Doctor and a wee bit of luck. :wink:

Hi!

[quote=skisunfun]My advice is that you have to do it all. Not just one thing. So take the right supplements, go to a reputable accupuncturist that specializes in fertility, eat the right foods and get daily exercise that has your heart pumping!

Here are the supplements I am taking (talk to your doc before taking anything new)

I see an accupuncturist twice a week. I know it’s $$$ but worth it given her record! Along with the MANY clinical trials that show Accupuncture has a place in fertility treatment.

I meditate for a min of 15 minutes daily and do everything possible to de-stress!

I recently started an Organic Juice program. See the movie “Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead” it is a MUCT watch for health and then also read Julia Indichova the founder of www.fertileheart.com’s book “inconceivable”. Visit her website to learn more. She had an FSH of 38 and had a healthy baby girl!

Juicing is not easy. (see my thread on it on this website). But the health benefits are OFF THE CHARTS. Think about this … when you do an organic vegetable juice fast your liver and kidneys clear of impurities. And what does the liver do?? It speaks to the Pituitary Gland. Your body is no longer taking in food additives, metals, and all the other crap that causes health issues. You organs are getting cleaner and healthier including your brain and ovaries and uterine lining and now your liver is speaking to your pituitary gland healthier which releases your FSH and LH which tells your ovaries what to do and when to do it … Remember the old song "The hip bone is connected to the leg bone … etc.). When your whole body is healthier it seems logical that your chances of getting pregnant are much better :wink:

All of these things in conjunction with the science (IVF) will put you in a much better position than following just one over another.

I have been taking the supplements for three months now. Just started the juice program and am doing an IVF protocol next month. :cross: I know that I am doing everything possible for my body to produce and carry a healthy pregnancy. Now it comes down to the Doctor and a wee bit of luck. ;-)[/quote]

Hi I hope all is well thanks for the info on your thread it is very informative, I go in mon to have thyroid checked it is 6.9. Tues i go in for ER so i have my fingers crossed! DH & myself have been juicing every morning as well! good luck wishing you baby dust!!!
lyn nyc

Hi!

[quote=MsLassiter]I am newly 40 and in the midst of my 3rd IVF. My sig will give you my history. About 3 months before this cycle, I took Royal Jelly, CoQ10, Fish Oil and 3 mg Melatonin each night. I stimmed 2 days less, retrieved more than twice the eggs, my fertilization went from 50% to 75% and I’ve been pushed to a 5DT from a mandatory 3dt with 3 8 celled last time. I am CONVINCED these supplements helped. Even my RE said he thinks the melatonin helped. Here’s a link to some true medical evidence. Try it!! It gives you a good night’s sleep too. Good luck!!

IVF News - Melatonin could improve women’s IVF success[/quote]

hi i think i know you from other thread as well! Good luck on the 1st! :cross: keep us posted!!! lyn nyc

Hi

[quote=skisunfun]My advice is that you have to do it all. Not just one thing. So take the right supplements, go to a reputable accupuncturist that specializes in fertility, eat the right foods and get daily exercise that has your heart pumping!

I have been taking the supplements for three months now. Just started the juice program and am doing an IVF protocol next month. :cross: I know that I am doing everything possible for my body to produce and carry a healthy pregnancy. Now it comes down to the Doctor and a wee bit of luck. ;-)[/quote]

Skisunfun-just wondering do you continue supplements throughout pregnancy ?

lyn nyc

Update at 10dp3dt

Hello. Wanted to post an update on how I am doing at 10dp3dt. The first 4 -5 days had some mild cramping, some dizziness and my eating patterns definitely changed. Not liking many of the foods I was eating before ET. Nothing sweet, only salty and warm home made meals. The 3 day bed rest was very hard and my back and neck hurt like crazy!. After about 5 days, my cramping was gone and my abdomen has been bloated ever since, feeling like it is stretched and have had some pinching on one side on and off. Also some feelings in my lower abdomen like fluttering. My breasts feel sore. I’ve had a feeling of getting nauseaous but I have not had nausea. Other than that that is all I’ve been feeling. I am driving, working, walking etc. Wondering if I am pg. Should I do a HPT tomorrow? I am anxious to know. :pray: what do you think? Sending all of you baby dust:babydust:

[quote=IvetteMarie]Hi everyone! I am glad I found this post. My prayers go out to all of you who are ttc. I feel inspired by your stories. Wanted to share with you that I had my first 3d ET 3 days ago. I am in bedrest and sick of it but ecxited! Below are some of my details. I was wondering if it would be OK to drive to work and work all day during days 4-7 after my ET. My doctor only asked me to do bed rest for 72 hrs after ET and no exercise or lifting, bending, etc for the next 2 weeks but I am worried about going back to the office plus having to drive 1 hr each way from/to work. Don’t know if this will put too much stress on my body. I pray that all goes well:pray: I will post an update in about 2w. Blessings!

Name: Ivettemarie
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results:menopausal
How long TTC:2 yrs
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC:age of my own eggs was an issue
Any natural or herbal remedies used: no
Diagnosis or any known issues:none
Treatments you tried:n/a
Treatment (if any) that led to success:n/a
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: Yes DE
Protocol (meds taken if any):Lupron,Delestrogen in Oil, Estring, Estradiol Pills, Progesterone in Oil
If IVF how many follicles at ER:n/a
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 15
If IVF how many eggs fertilized:9
If IVF how many days between ER and ET:3d
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:2 x 8c, grade 4 and 3+
Symptoms or issues during 2WW:still waiting, on 3dpt now
What day you got your BFP:tbd
HPT before blood test:tbd
Number of first beta:tbd
Number of babies:tbd
Why do [B]YOU[/B] think that you were successful this time?
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process![/quote][/quote]

Hi

Hi Lyn,

Yes, I’ve been here since May maybe? My transfer went well today, I think. We put back 2 early blasts and one morula. My RE said he’d only do 2 blasts, but I had another dr. for the transfer and he recommended throwing an extra in due to my age. I’m taking it easy for a few days. They have me on house arrest for 2. I’m happy with that. Ihad a scare the day before transfer. I had a very adverse reaction to a medicine I was prescribed to ward of OHSS. Spent 13 hours in ER. They wanted to admit me and i was not HAVING that!!! Happy to be feeling better and i am officially PUPO!!! Woo hooo!!!

what I have heard the reason for not doing the preg test too early is that it could be a false negative and then you will stress which would be bad for the baby or babies and you. When did you RE tell you to test?