List your IVF 40+ BFP HERE! (Successes only please, not chat)

mybaby2b-Thank you very much for your message. We are working through some encouraging options for the next cycle. More updates later…Hope all is going well for you. :pray:

Ivettemarie-so sorry my thoughts & prayers are with you. [/quote]

Bfn

[quote=IvetteMarie]mybaby2b-Thank you very much for your message. We are working through some encouraging options for the next cycle. More updates later…Hope all is going well for you. :pray:

Ivettemarie-so sorry my thoughts & prayers are with you. [/quote][/quote]

LADIES-well my beta came back negative! i was hoping for the best & expecting the worst. Thank you all for your well wishes. DH is out of the country his mom is ill so i am missing him a bunch. i am just going to relax tonight maybe have a glass a wine? talk with re tomorrow see when i can start next cycle? i am going to get all my supplements, make acupuncture appointments, excercise etc in the meantime & get myself prepared for next cycle! maybe shouldnt have the wine?

ladies wishing you all th ebest & baby dust!!!

hows things?

[/QUOTE][quote=skisunfun]My advice is that you have to do it all. Not just one thing. So take the right supplements, go to a reputable accupuncturist that specializes in fertility, eat the right foods and get daily exercise that has your heart pumping!

All of these things will impact your overall health.

Here are the supplements I am taking (talk to your doc before taking anything new)
http://www.blueiron.com/fertility/supplementjpg.jpg

I see an accupuncturist twice a week. I know it’s $$$ but worth it given her record! Along with the MANY clinical trials that show Accupuncture has a place in fertility treatment.

I meditate for a min of 15 minutes daily and do everything possible to de-stress!

I recently started an Organic Juice program. See the movie “Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead” it is a MUCT watch for health and then also read Julia Indichova the founder of www.fertileheart.com’s book “inconceivable”. Visit her website to learn more. She had an FSH of 38 and had a healthy baby girl!

Juicing is not easy. (see my thread on it on this website). But the health benefits are OFF THE CHARTS. Think about this … when you do an organic vegetable juice fast your liver and kidneys clear of impurities. And what does the liver do?? It speaks to the Pituitary Gland. Your body is no longer taking in food additives, metals, and all the other crap that causes health issues. You organs are getting cleaner and healthier including your brain and ovaries and uterine lining and now your liver is speaking to your pituitary gland healthier which releases your FSH and LH which tells your ovaries what to do and when to do it … Remember the old song "The hip bone is connected to the leg bone … etc.). When your whole body is healthier it seems logical that your chances of getting pregnant are much better :wink:

All of these things in conjunction with the science (IVF) will put you in a much better position than following just one over another.

I have been taking the supplements for three months now. Just started the juice program and am doing an IVF protocol next month. :cross: I know that I am doing everything possible for my body to produce and carry a healthy pregnancy. Now it comes down to the Doctor and a wee bit of luck. :wink:

SKISUNFUN-HI I HOPE ALL IS WELL JUST WONDERING HOW THINGS ARE GOING WITH YOU?

I JUST GOT :bfn: TODAY BUT I AM NOT GIVING UP!!! ( i remember you saying that a while back!) I AM GOING TO PREPARE FOR NEXT CYCLE AS WELL SUPPLEMENTS ,ACUPUNTURE, JUICING ,MEDITATE, PILATES/YOGA READ THE BOOKS, & OF COURSE A WEE BIT OF LUCK!!! THIS TIME AROUND I KNOW WHAT I AM IN FOR STRESS, EMOTIONAL ROLLACOASTER, MEDS, APPTS, & 2 WK & BETA WAIT!!! IM READY FOR NEXT CYCLE !!! BRING IT ON!!! HA HA I WANTED TO THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR ADVICE ON THE THREADS IT IS A GREAT HELP TO ME & IM SURE TO THE OTHER LADIES TAKE CARE

LADIES BABY DUST TO YOU ALL!!!:babydust:

LYN NYC

question

[quote=mybaby2b]SKISUNFUN-HI I HOPE ALL IS WELL JUST WONDERING HOW THINGS ARE GOING WITH YOU?

I JUST GOT :bfn: TODAY BUT I AM NOT GIVING UP!!! ( i remember you saying that a while back!) I AM GOING TO PREPARE FOR NEXT CYCLE AS WELL SUPPLEMENTS ,ACUPUNTURE, JUICING ,MEDITATE, PILATES/YOGA READ THE BOOKS, & OF COURSE A WEE BIT OF LUCK!!! THIS TIME AROUND I KNOW WHAT I AM IN FOR STRESS, EMOTIONAL ROLLACOASTER, MEDS, APPTS, & 2 WK & BETA WAIT!!! IM READY FOR NEXT CYCLE !!! BRING IT ON!!! HA HA I WANTED TO THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR ADVICE ON THE THREADS IT IS A GREAT HELP TO ME & IM SURE TO THE OTHER LADIES TAKE CARE

LADIES BABY DUST TO YOU ALL!!!:babydust:

LYN NYC[/quote]

LADIES -JUST WONDERING I HAD NEGATIVE BETA STOPEED P OIL ON OCT 18TH. I WILL BE MOVING ONTO NEXT CYCLE AS SOON AF ARRIVES NEXT WEEK . QUESTION DO I WAIT FOR MY PERIOD THEN START SUPPLEMENTS OR START SUPPLEMENTS NOW? ANY THOUGHTS?

LYN

Ladies- hi hope all is well just wondering how many of you did not do acupucture & had postive results?

i know in some cases acupucture blood flow etc is great for ivf.

thanks

[quote=sully25]Hi everyone!
I’m new here and looking for something, anything, that will keep me going.
We’ve been trying forever, literally. Clomid, IUI and now IVF #1

7/10 IUI #4 :bfp:but then no heartbeat

9/11 IVF #1 :bfn: 2 embryos (8 cells)

So here are my questions?
[LIST=1]
[]Has anyone at our age (around 40) tried IVF with acupuncture and it worked?
[
]Did you wait a month in between treatments of IVF and if so did you try naturally in between?
[*]Did you do anything different in your second IVF cycle?[/LIST]I want to get as much information as I can because we want this to be a positive experience!

Thank you so much!!
xo[/quote]

Hello Sully25. This is my first IVF and I’m nearing the ER stage. Prior to this I have had 3 IUIs (see signature). I really believe Acupuncture is helping me. Why? (1) Well, when I first started acp. I was dealing with 7+ fibroids growing like crazy, every 6months when I had them ultrasounded they were larger. After 3 months on an acp. program I had the ultrasounded and they all were at a stand still and continue to be. (2) My cycles were also 9 days long and painful!! 6 months after I started acp. they are now 3 days of flow and 1-2 days of spotting, if any. (3) My RE was surprised that my very first IUI was successful and said that doesn’t happen often. He agreed that it could have been luck assisted by acp.!

My Acupuncturist likes for women to recup. between protocols. For IUI she likes 1-2 months between. For IFV she recommends 3 months between because 3 months in chinese medicine is 1 Cycle. I have to admit that after my July '11 lose I went right back into an IUI cycle (my 3rd) and it was unsuccessful. But my 1st IUI and 2nd IUI were spaced out by nearly 3 months after my MC and they both had some success.

Now I’ve taken 2 months off and hoping for praying for good results with this IVF.

bon-

Name: ivfjourney3
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: 15-18, .53
How long TTC: 2 years
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: of course!
Any natural or herbal remedies used: dhea, 25 mg 3/day
Diagnosis or any known issues: one ovary, DOR
Treatments you tried: IVF and IUI
Treatment (if any) that led to success: IVF
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no
Protocol (meds taken if any): follistim 450, hcg
If IVF how many follicles at ER: 8
If IVF how many eggs retrieved: 8
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: 5
If IVF how many days between ER and ET: 3
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 4: 7, 6, 4, 4 cell; all grade 2
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: swollen breasts, cramping right before beta
What day you got your BFP: 12dp3dt
HPT before blood test: no
Number of first beta: 368
Number of babies: 1 I think
Why do [B]YOU[/B] think that you were successful this time? It was a numbers game, trying so many times, waiting for my good egg to come along; the dhea may have helped my egg quality
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process!
Make sure your RE has you in his best interets and takes the time to explain his/her decisions. Realize that it can take many tries before getting a BFP. Every cycle is so different–don’t get too discouraged by a horrible cycle, the next one might be a good one. With that said, pay attention to patterns and the data you gain with each cycle. Try until you have no regrets!

[QUOTE=bonbontree]Hello Sully25. This is my first IVF and I’m nearing the ER stage. Prior to this I have had 3 IUIs (see signature). I really believe Acupuncture is helping me. Why? (1) Well, when I first started acp. I was dealing with 7+ fibroids growing like crazy, every 6months when I had them ultrasounded they were larger. After 3 months on an acp. program I had the ultrasounded and they all were at a stand still and continue to be. (2) My cycles were also 9 days long and painful!! 6 months after I started acp. they are now 3 days of flow and 1-2 days of spotting, if any. (3) My RE was surprised that my very first IUI was successful and said that doesn’t happen often. He agreed that it could have been luck assisted by acp.!

My Acupuncturist likes for women to recup. between protocols. For IUI she likes 1-2 months between. For IFV she recommends 3 months between because 3 months in chinese medicine is 1 Cycle. I have to admit that after my July '11 lose I went right back into an IUI cycle (my 3rd) and it was unsuccessful. But my 1st IUI and 2nd IUI were spaced out by nearly 3 months after my MC and they both had some success.

Now I’ve taken 2 months off and hoping for praying for good results with this IVF.

bon-[/QUOTE]
Dear bonbon
Thank you so much for sharing your story
Im now on supplements after doing research as well as acupuncture. I start my next cycle next week.

Yes! I did acupuncture twice a week before and during my successful cycle. I’m 15 weeks pregnant now and still doing it. Of everything, I recommend it the most during ivf cycles.

LADIES-Hi hope all is well. has anyone doing protein shakes ? if so can you recommend one? or has any thought s on hemp protein vanilla shakes? is hemp ok to take? any thoughts? sorry for the silly questions

40 plus IVF Success

Hi All,

I don’t usually post but I’m a professional lurker who has been here for years. I had a recent success after many failures and felt compelled to share. It always brought me comfort to read other’s success stories. I thought it was only right to post my own!

This was my final IVF attempt (mostly due to money) so I pulled out all the stops. Acupuncture, meditation, massages to relax and even Hypnotherapy/Reiki! I drank more fresh wheatgrass than I care to remember and took the following vitamins.

Inositol 2grams m/n (morning and night)
Melatonin 3mg at night
Coq10 200mg. Morning noon and night
Omega 3fatty acid 500mg a day
Vitamin c 500mg morning
Vitamin e 200 iu a day
Larginine 1000 mg m/n
Pycnogenol 100 mg a day
Vitamin D
Prenatal

It worked! I’m so thankful I wanted to provide the above info in case it would help someone else. I would also recommend Randine Lewis’ book “The Infertility Cure” And last but not least a shout out to my favorite new fertility clinic Fertility Solutions NE (based in Dedham Mass).

Best of luck everyone!

[quote=Kemkate]Hi All,

I don’t usually post but I’m a professional lurker who has been here for years. I had a recent success after many failures and felt compelled to share. It always brought me comfort to read other’s success stories. I thought it was only right to post my own!

This was my final IVF attempt (mostly due to money) so I pulled out all the stops. Acupuncture, meditation, massages to relax and even Hypnotherapy/Reiki! I drank more fresh wheatgrass than I care to remember and took the following vitamins.

Inositol 2grams m/n (morning and night)
Melatonin 3mg at night
Coq10 200mg. Morning noon and night
Omega 3fatty acid 500mg a day
Vitamin c 500mg morning
Vitamin e 200 iu a day
Larginine 1000 mg m/n
Pycnogenol 100 mg a day
Vitamin D
Prenatal

It worked! I’m so thankful I wanted to provide the above info in case it would help someone else. I would also recommend Randine Lewis’ book “The Infertility Cure” And last but not least a shout out to my favorite new fertility clinic Fertility Solutions NE (based in Dedham Mass).

Best of luck everyone![/quote]

Congratulations!!! Great news and there is something to be said for the healthy living. I just left FSNE to go to BIVF as they were unable to help me. But they are AMAZING and WINDERFUL people who tried!

[quote=mybaby2b]LADIES -JUST WONDERING I HAD NEGATIVE BETA STOPEED P OIL ON OCT 18TH. I WILL BE MOVING ONTO NEXT CYCLE AS SOON AF ARRIVES NEXT WEEK . QUESTION DO I WAIT FOR MY PERIOD THEN START SUPPLEMENTS OR START SUPPLEMENTS NOW? ANY THOUGHTS?

LYN[/quote]

Ive read that your eggs take 45 days to mature - from start to finish. The sooner you start, the longer they’re exposed to them. Good luck, girl! My fingers are crossed for you.

Finally here!

Oh, I’ve been dreaming about the day I “was allowed” to post on this sacred section of the web site. And now I can. Here is my story, I hope it inspires someone:

Name: Gabby
How long TTC: 3 years
Diagnosis or any known issues:Just old
Treatments you tried before IVF: IUI with clomid
How many IVF did you do before success: third (and would have been last) try worked
Protocol (meds taken): First long lupron, then two times antagonist (the one that worked was antagonist)
How many follicles at ER: don’t know - many I think
How many eggs retrieved:13
How many eggs fertilized: 8 , 5 made it to 3-day stage, none made it to freeze
How many days between ER and ET: 3
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:Was told that 2 were of the highest quality
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Nothing, just nerves and some excitement… sort of felt like this might be my lucky one.
What day you got your BFP: 5dp5dt
HPT before blood test: No, kept my nerve

Number of first beta: 474
Number of 2nd beta: 1280
Number of babies:1
Have faith in the doctors. Be nice to yourself in the process. Don’t put off life and living it in the meantime. There’s more to life than having babies and the more we realize that the better off we’ll be. I went officially crazy several times during this LONG journey of false starts, miscarriages, waiting, chemicals. I saw a therapist for a year. I thought I would NEVER ben happy unless I got my third child. I was not being reasonable, I know that. Thank you husband and kids for putting up with me…

FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: 10.4, 0.25
How long TTC: 5 years
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC:yes
Any natural or herbal remedies used:none for this cycle except prenatal vitamins
Diagnosis or any known issues: none
Treatments you tried: acupuncture (once a week for the past 3 months)
Treatment (if any) that led to success:IVF
Protocol (meds taken if any):microdose lupron and bravelle
If IVF how many follicles at ER:8
If IVF how many eggs fertilized:3
If IVF how many days between ER and ET:3
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 3 (one 8 cell grade A, one 6 cell grade A and one 7 cells Grade B)
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: nothing at all
What day you got your BFP:10 p3det
HPT before blood test:9 p3et bfn
Number of first beta:25
Number of babies:
Why do [B]YOU[/B] think that you were successful this time?
I don’t really know but one thing is sure that this was our last cycle after 2 failed ones, so I didn’t care that much as i did during the previous cycles. I didn’t even get my injection on time nearly all the cycle. So I would say when it’s time, it happens. Keep faith in God, never lose hope. I am still in critical stage as my beta is low but still hopeful that it’s gonna double on Monday when I go for my second beta

Questioning trying again

I used this site to help me through my first two ivf cycles a couple of years ago before our daughter was born through IVF. I was not sure where to post this and felt like woman my age would better understand.

I just finished another ivf cycle and it was not successful. I am so torn over whether to just stop and try to adopt vs giving it one last try. At 41 I feel like I have very little time left. Unfortunately, none of our treatments are covered by insurance so we have been scraping the funds together with the help of family. We are at the point of borrowing $20,000 to try again.

How do you know when to stop? If it weren’t for the finances, I would continue trying. Infertility sucks!

Thank for listening to my rant.

okay.

I request that you have a place fror women over 40 to discuss their infertility. I didn’t realize this was just for successes.

@katja I’m not aware that anyone could submit “requests” on this forum. The thread’s title is clear: List you 40+ SUCCESSES here! I personally get a lot of hope out of reading about these successes.

I am sure, there are plenty of threads of over 40s discussing infertility and you are obviously free to start one yourself.

All the best to you.

My Story

[I]Name: [/I]BB[I]
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results:[/I] FSH 9.0, AMH 0.2, AFC 8
[I] How long TTC: [/I]2 years[I]
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: [/I]My RE, yes, however I wish my OB would have raised this in my early - mid 30’s.[I]
Any natural or herbal remedies used: [/I]Acupuncture weekly for a year (I have great uterine bloodflow), DHEA & CoQ10 (along with all of the other standard vitamins)[I]
Diagnosis or any known issues: [/I]basically[I], [/I]old eggs[I]
Treatments you tried: [/I]7 IUI’s, 4 IVFs (one IVF was converted to IUI due to oversuppression)[I]
Treatment (if any) that led to success: [/I]IVF at CCRM[I]
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: [/I]No[I]; [/I]this was my last OE cycle though
[I] Protocol (meds taken if any): [/I]EPP, Menopur + GonalF (and Saizen) - I stim slowly so early on doc was afraid we’d have to cancel due to slow/low response. Tweak of protocol (adding PM Menopur in addition to AM Menopur) woke up my ovaries.[I]
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: 8
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: [/I]Three, 1 9-cell and 2 8-cell “perfect” embryos (as described by doctor and embryologist); 2 more embryos made it to blast/freeze[I]
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: [/I]None. Cramping (I was convinced it was PMS cramps)[I]
What day you got your BFP: [/I]On 11/11/11[I]
HPT before blood test: [/I]Surprisingly no (I wanted to delay the BFN I expected)[I]
Number of first beta: [/I]70 (at 11dp3dt); 2nd beta 201 (13dp3dt)[I]
Number of babies: [/I]My guess is 1 based on beta numbers; ultrasound on 11/28/11[I]

Why do [B]YOU[/B] think that you were successful this time? [/I]Honestly, it’s because I went to the best clinic with the best doctors and the best lab! I went there without expectation, just to know that I had done everything I could before moving on to donor egg/embryo, which was my next step.I’ll be paying off this cycle for a couple of years, but it’s absolutely worth it!!
[I]
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process![/I] One thing I tell people before they start their first IVF is to be informed and while you need to trust your medical team, be your own advocate too. Also, before you start any new medication, be sure you check out your supplies and your comfort early in the day, just in case you are missing something or don’t know how to reconstitute one of the drugs… if you do this during the day, the clinic/pharmacy will still be open so you can get your questions answered. Don’t add unnecessary stress to an already extremely stressful process.

Congratulations:cheer::cheer::dance::dance::dance:.
I am so happy for you. You gave me hope again.
whom did u see in ccrm and how much does it cost?
I 'm thinking of having my last ivf with them. I live in ohio but will try to find time to do it

[quote=SinglemomBB][I]Name: [/I]BB[I]
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results:[/I] FSH 9.0, AMH 0.2, AFC 8
[I] How long TTC: [/I]2 years[I]
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: [/I]My RE, yes, however I wish my OB would have raised this in my early - mid 30’s.[I]
Any natural or herbal remedies used: [/I]Acupuncture weekly for a year (I have great uterine bloodflow), DHEA & CoQ10 (along with all of the other standard vitamins)[I]
Diagnosis or any known issues: [/I]basically[I], [/I]old eggs[I]
Treatments you tried: [/I]7 IUI’s, 4 IVFs (one IVF was converted to IUI due to oversuppression)[I]
Treatment (if any) that led to success: [/I]IVF at CCRM[I]
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: [/I]No[I]; [/I]this was my last OE cycle though
[I] Protocol (meds taken if any): [/I]EPP, Menopur + GonalF (and Saizen) - I stim slowly so early on doc was afraid we’d have to cancel due to slow/low response. Tweak of protocol (adding PM Menopur in addition to AM Menopur) woke up my ovaries.[I]
If IVF how many eggs fertilized: 8
If IVF how many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: [/I]Three, 1 9-cell and 2 8-cell “perfect” embryos (as described by doctor and embryologist); 2 more embryos made it to blast/freeze[I]
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: [/I]None. Cramping (I was convinced it was PMS cramps)[I]
What day you got your BFP: [/I]On 11/11/11[I]
HPT before blood test: [/I]Surprisingly no (I wanted to delay the BFN I expected)[I]
Number of first beta: [/I]70 (at 11dp3dt); 2nd beta 201 (13dp3dt)[I]
Number of babies: [/I]My guess is 1 based on beta numbers; ultrasound on 11/28/11[I]

Why do [B]YOU[/B] think that you were successful this time? [/I]Honestly, it’s because I went to the best clinic with the best doctors and the best lab! I went there without expectation, just to know that I had done everything I could before moving on to donor egg/embryo, which was my next step.I’ll be paying off this cycle for a couple of years, but it’s absolutely worth it!!
[I]
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process![/I] One thing I tell people before they start their first IVF is to be informed and while you need to trust your medical team, be your own advocate too. Also, before you start any new medication, be sure you check out your supplies and your comfort early in the day, just in case you are missing something or don’t know how to reconstitute one of the drugs… if you do this during the day, the clinic/pharmacy will still be open so you can get your questions answered. Don’t add unnecessary stress to an already extremely stressful process.[/quote]