List your IVF Success Here! (Successes only please, not chat)

Hi Ladies. This post was brought to my attention as being a great thread for a “sticky” and I agree. Ther are some great questions that others going through IVF can use as support. Thanks for the thread idea Irena! Please answer as much as you can. Your expierences often give others guidance and encouragement.

So who has success with IVF? Tell us about it! (You only need to fill out as much of the questions as you want to. Also, FET successes are welcome as well!)

Name:
Diagnosis or any known issues:
Treatments you tried before IVF:
How many IVF did you do before success:
Are you using donor eggs or sperm:
Protocol (meds taken):
How many follicles at ER:
How many eggs retrieved:
How many eggs fertilized:
How many days between ER and ET:
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:
Symptoms or issues during 2WW:
What day you got your BFP:
HPT before blood test:
Number of first beta:
Number of babies:
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process!

Just wanted to say that I can’t wait to read everyone’s responses! I had been thinking about starting a post “how many cycles did it take” so this will be great! I will hopefully be able to post in a couple of weeks with my :bfp: :slight_smile:

Just wanted to say that I can’t wait to read everyone’s responses! I had been thinking about starting a post “how many cycles did it take” so this will be great! I will hopefully be able to post in a couple of weeks with my :bfp: :slight_smile:

Name: Erin
How long TTC: 2yrs
Diagnosis or any known issues: MF
Treatments you tried before IVF: None, just ovulation tracking.
How many IVF did you do before success: 1
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken): BC, Lupron, Menapor, Follistim, Baby Asprin, PIO, Prog. Sup.
How many follicles at ER: 14
How many eggs retrieved: 14
How many eggs fertilized: 8
How many days between ER and ET: 3
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2, 1-good, 1-OK with some fragmentation (they didn’t give me grades)
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: I went on vacation during 2WW and started spotting and completely freaked out. I am now sure that it was implantation because it was only for about 5 minutes. I also could smell absolutley everything!!
What day you got your BFP: 12
HPT before blood test: Day of BETA, literally right after my blood was drawn I went across the street and POAS in the Fred Meyer bathroom.
Number of first beta: 279
Number of babies: 2
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! That I could spot during the 2WW and be fine, I was hysterical. Not fun when you are on vacation. Good luck to you all.

Name: Erin
How long TTC: 2yrs
Diagnosis or any known issues: MF
Treatments you tried before IVF: None, just ovulation tracking.
How many IVF did you do before success: 1
Protocol (meds taken): BC, Lupron, Menapor, Follistim, Baby Asprin, PIO, Prog. Sup.
How many follicles at ER: 14
How many eggs retrieved: 14
How many eggs fertilized: 8
How many days between ER and ET: 3
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2, 1-good, 1-OK with some fragmentation (they didn’t give me grades)
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: I went on vacation during 2WW and started spotting and completely freaked out. I am now sure that it was implantation because it was only for about 5 minutes. I also could smell absolutley everything!!
What day you got your BFP: 12
HPT before blood test: Day of BETA, literally right after my blood was drawn I went across the street and POAS in the Fred Meyer bathroom.
Number of first beta: 279
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! That I could spot during the 2WW and be fine, I was hysterical. Not fun when you are on vacation. Good luck to you all.

Name: Piny
How long TTC:altogether for about 7 years
Diagnosis or any known issues:endometriosis
Treatments you tried before IVF:IUIs, laparoscopy, lupron depot shots
How many IVF did you do before success:5th time was the charm!!
Are you using donor eggs or sperm:no
Protocol (meds taken):Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix, Vivelle patches and PIO shots, I also took prednisone for 4 days after the transfer, baby aspirin, antibiotics
How many follicles at ER:not sure
How many eggs retrieved:9
How many eggs fertilized:with ICSI 8 but only 6 were good
How many days between ER and ET:3
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:5 embryos of high quality
Symptoms or issues during 2WW:anxiety
What day you got your BFP:counting transfer day it was 12 days
HPT before blood test:on Beta morning, :bfp:
Number of first beta:308
Number of babies:2
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! How expensive and devastating it could be.__________________

Name: Piny
How long TTC:altogether for about 7 years
Diagnosis or any known issues:endometriosis
Treatments you tried before IVF:IUIs, laparoscopy, lupron depot shots
How many IVF did you do before success:5th time was the charm!!
Are you using donor eggs or sperm:no
Protocol (meds taken):Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix, Vivelle patches and PIO shots, I also took prednisone for 4 days after the transfer, baby aspirin, antibiotics
How many follicles at ER:not sure
How many eggs retrieved:9
How many eggs fertilized:with ICSI 8 but only 6 were good
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:5 embryos of high quality
Symptoms or issues during 2WW:anxiety
What day you got your BFP:counting transfer day it was 12 days
HPT before blood test:on Beta morning, :bfp:
Number of first beta:308
Number of babies:2
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! How expensive and devastating it could be.__________________

Name: Tanja
How long TTC: 8 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Endometriosis, and morphology
Treatments you tried before IVF: lap, 3 IUI’S, hsg,
How many IVF did you do before success:1
Protocol (meds taken):Follistim, menapor, lupron,ganirelix, and PIO shots
How many follicles at ER:6
How many eggs retrieved:7
How many eggs fertilized:4
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 3 5cell embryos…not sure of grade
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Sore breast
What day you got your BFP: 12dp3d
HPT before blood test:Day 9 …it was negative
Number of first beta:17.9
Number of babies:1
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process…Everything that could go wrong…Bledding week 3-5, week 20, most importantly the vasa previa.

Name: Tanja
How long TTC: 8 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Endometriosis, and morphology
Treatments you tried before IVF: lap, 3 IUI’S, hsg,
How many IVF did you do before success:1
Protocol (meds taken):Follistim, menapor, lupron,ganirelix, and PIO shots
How many follicles at ER:6
How many eggs retrieved:7
How many eggs fertilized:4
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 3 5cell embryos…not sure of grade
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Sore breast
What day you got your BFP: 12dp3d
HPT before blood test:Day 9 …it was negative
Number of first beta:17.9
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process…Everything that could go wrong…Bledding week 3-5, week 20, most importantly the vasa previa.

Name: Marisa
How long TTC: ttc #2 4 1/2 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: age
Treatments you tried before IVF: lots of IUIs
How many IVF did you do before success: #6 worked!
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: yes, this cycle
Protocol (meds taken): Estrace Prog. (donor eggs)
How many follicles at ER: 11
How many eggs retrieved: 5
How many eggs fertilized: 4
How many days between ER and ET: 3 days
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 A+ and A
Symptoms or issues during 2WW:cramping off and on
What day you got your BFP: 9 days
HPT before blood test: yes
Number of first beta: 66
Number of babies: do not know yet
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! I wish I would have known about this site with my previous 5 cycles! There is so much support here!

Name: Marisa
How long TTC: ttc #2 4 1/2 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: age
Treatments you tried before IVF: lots of IUIs
How many IVF did you do before success: #6 worked!
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: yes, this cycle
Protocol (meds taken): Estrace Prog. (donor eggs)
How many follicles at ER: 11
How many eggs retrieved: 5
How many eggs fertilized: 4
How many days between ER and ET: 3 days
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 A+ and A
Symptoms or issues during 2WW:cramping off and on
What day you got your BFP: 9 days
Number of first beta: 66
Number of babies: do not know yet
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! I wish I would have known about this site with my previous 5 cycles! There is so much support here!

I just wanted to thank you for all this info. I do not start my first IVF until may-june, but it is great to hear success stories. It is specially good to hear about the things that you wish that someone had told you. Hopefully, this will prevent me from freaking out even more!
Thanks again for the wonderful info and a big, big CONGRATULATIONS!!!:cheer:

I just wanted to thank you for all this info. I do not start my first IVF until may-june, but it is great to hear success stories. It is specially good to hear about the things that you wish that someone had told you. Hopefully, this will prevent me from freaking out even more!
Thanks again for the wonderful info and a big, big CONGRATULATIONS!!!:cheer:

Name: Shellie
How long TTC: About 4 years officially
Diagnosis or any known issues: PCOS, fibroids, only one fallopian tube due to ectopic rupture, mild antisperm antibodies
Treatments you tried before IVF: Hysteroscopy, Myomectomy, Clomid
How many IVF did you do before success: 1, this one
Protocol (meds taken): Lupron, Bravelle, Ovidrel, PIO
How many follicles at ER: Don’t know
How many eggs retrieved: 16
How many eggs fertilized: 11
How many days between ER and ET: 5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 blasts, one A and one B
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: spotting and cramping at 8dp5dt
What day you got your BFP: Official HCG - 10dp5dt
HPT before blood test: Yes, when I had spotting I tested and was shocked that it was positive
Number of first beta: 153
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! It is a very scary roller coaster. I honestly thought that once I got a BFP I would be ecstatic and I have been a complete basket case!!! I have hit little milestones along the way and have freaked out before each one - before 1st beta, before 2nd to see if it doubled, before 1st ultrasound, before 2nd ultrasound after bleeding episode, before trying to hear heartbeats on doppler, before the anatomy scan, wondering if I will ever feel them move, it just continues :woohoo:. I also worried alot about finances before doing IVF and now I worry even more because we have spent the money and actually are having babies with no money! It is truly a blessing to have all these concerns and fears because we want a baby (babies) so bad but I don’t think after suffering through infertility and treatments that a pregnancy is ever “normal.”

Name: Shellie
How long TTC: About 4 years officially
Diagnosis or any known issues: PCOS, fibroids, only one fallopian tube due to ectopic rupture, mild antisperm antibodies
Treatments you tried before IVF: Hysteroscopy, Myomectomy, Clomid
How many IVF did you do before success: 1, this one
Protocol (meds taken): Lupron, Bravelle, Ovidrel, PIO
How many follicles at ER: Don’t know
How many eggs retrieved: 16
How many eggs fertilized: 11
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 blasts, one A and one B
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: spotting and cramping at 8dp5dt
What day you got your BFP: Official HCG - 10dp5dt
HPT before blood test: Yes, when I had spotting I tested and was shocked that it was positive
Number of first beta: 153
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! It is a very scary roller coaster. I honestly thought that once I got a BFP I would be ecstatic and I have been a complete basket case!!! I have hit little milestones along the way and have freaked out before each one - before 1st beta, before 2nd to see if it doubled, before 1st ultrasound, before 2nd ultrasound after bleeding episode, before trying to hear heartbeats on doppler, before the anatomy scan, wondering if I will ever feel them move, it just continues :woohoo:. I also worried alot about finances before doing IVF and now I worry even more because we have spent the money and actually are having babies with no money! It is truly a blessing to have all these concerns and fears because we want a baby (babies) so bad but I don’t think after suffering through infertility and treatments that a pregnancy is ever “normal.”

Name: Tammy
How long TTC: 18 months
Diagnosis or any known issues: Hydrosalpinges
Treatments you tried before IVF: I had no other options but had my tubes removed prior to IVF to improve my chances.
How many IVF did you do before success: one
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no
Protocol (meds taken): BCPs, Lupron, Menopur, Gonal-F, antibiotics, PIO, Prometrium & Climara (after beta)
How many follicles at ER: Not sure
How many eggs retrieved: 27
How many eggs fertilized: 21
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 “perfect” blasts. I was never given a rating.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: None except for a few twinges.
What day you got your BFP: Beta was 13dpt
HPT before blood test: First Response HPT 6dpt was +
Number of first beta: 1300
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! That nothing is as scary or painful as you will imagine. But the waiting is torture! And once you get your BFP, the worrying will not stop!

Name: Tammy
How long TTC: 18 months
Diagnosis or any known issues: Hydrosalpinges
Treatments you tried before IVF: I had no other options but had my tubes removed prior to IVF to improve my chances.
How many IVF did you do before success: one
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no
Protocol (meds taken): BCPs, Lupron, Menopur, Gonal-F, antibiotics, PIO, Prometrium & Climara (after beta)
How many follicles at ER: Not sure
How many eggs retrieved: 27
How many eggs fertilized: 21
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 “perfect” blasts. I was never given a rating.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: None except for a few twinges.
What day you got your BFP: Beta was 13dpt
HPT before blood test: First Response HPT 6dpt was +
Number of first beta: 1300
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! That nothing is as scary or painful as you will imagine. But the waiting is torture! And once you get your BFP, the worrying will not stop!

Name: Laurie
How long TTC: 2 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Unexplained IF
Treatments you tried before IVF: 3 IUI
How many IVF did you do before success: First IVF cycle was converted to IUI due to poor response
Protocol (meds taken): Menopur, Bravelle, Ganirelex, Novarel, Medrol, Doxicylian
How many follicles at ER: 12
How many eggs retrieved: 13 (there were two eggs in 1 follie)
How many eggs fertilized: 6
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 grade 3 blasts
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Constant cramping and very emotional
What day you got your BFP: 8dp5dt
Number of first beta:105
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! I had IUI plenty of times before, but the stress of IUI pales in comparison to IVF. Just try to relax, be patient, have faith in your RE and go with the flow.

Name: Laurie
How long TTC: 2 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Unexplained IF
Treatments you tried before IVF: 3 IUI
How many IVF did you do before success: First IVF cycle was converted to IUI due to poor response
Protocol (meds taken): Menopur, Bravelle, Ganirelex, Novarel, Medrol, Doxicylian
How many follicles at ER: 12
How many eggs retrieved: 13 (there were two eggs in 1 follie)
How many eggs fertilized: 6
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 grade 3 blasts
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Constant cramping and very emotional
What day you got your BFP: 8dp5dt
Number of first beta:105
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! I had IUI plenty of times before, but the stress of IUI pales in comparison to IVF. Just try to relax, be patient, have faith in your RE and go with the flow.

Name:Danielle
How long TTC:8yrs
Diagnosis or any known issues: Hydrosalpinx
Treatments you tried before IVF: Ovulation tracking, Clomid, HSG, Laparoscopy, Both tubes removed.
How many IVF did you do before success:2
Are you using donor eggs or sperm:No
Protocol (meds taken):Lupron,Gonal-F,Menopur,Baby Asprin, PIO, Progesterone Suppositories.
How many follicles at ER:16
How many eggs retrieved:12
How many eggs fertilized:10 fertilized normally, 2 fertilized abnormally
How many days between ER and ET:5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:2 Blasts, One grade AA Perfect, One BB
Symptoms or issues during 2WW:Cramping, Spotting
What day you got your BFP: Beta 12dp5dt
HPT before blood test:1st BFP 8dp5dt
Number of first beta:274
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! The IVF procedure in its self is not bad at all, the injections are not as bad as you think at first. It normally takes more than one try for it to work so dont give up! BFP’s do happen!!