List your IVF Success Here! (Successes only please, not chat)

So very happy to posting here, hopefully my post will give others hope just as others posts on here have done for me. :flower:

Name: Leigh
How long TTC: A little over 2 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: MFI
Treatments you tried before IVF: 3 IUI’s
How many IVF did you do before success: Just One!
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken): Follistim, Menopur, Lupron, PIO,
How many follicles at ER: ?
How many eggs retrieved: 20, 11 mature
How many eggs fertilized: 8 fertilized with ICSI
How many days between ER and ET: 3
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 8 cell grades 1.5 and 2 - used Assisted Hatching
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: My only clear symptom was at 6dp3dt I had severe period cramps for 20 min to where I was doubled over in pain.
What day you got your BFP: 14dpo - Beta test
HPT before blood test: Nope not one!
Number of first beta: 50
Number of 2nd beta: 102
Number of third beta: 391
Number of babies: 2!!!
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: I didn’t really experience any real pregnancy symptoms until days after my positive beta. Don’t expect to feel much during your 2ww besides the side effects from the progesterone or other meds. Also, I am proof that beta numbers don’t necessarily mean anything in terms of how many babies are in there. You just never know until the u/s. The final days of my 2ww were the worst, especially because I started spotting very lightly like I do every month the day/s before my period. I thought for sure it was over, but it wasn’t! IT IS POSSIBLE, don’t give up hope! Best of luck and :bsv: to us all!!!

Name: Stephanie
How long TTC: Six LONG years
Diagnosis or any known issues: MFI, PCOS, Endometriosis
Treatments you tried before IVF: 3 IUI’s
How many IVF did you do before success: Miscarried from IVF #3, live birth on #4
Protocol (meds taken): Follistim, Menopur, Lupron, PIO,
How many follicles at ER: 13
How many eggs retrieved: I can’t remember
How many eggs fertilized: 6 fertilized with ICSI
How many days between ER and ET:3
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 3 embryos transferred- used Assisted Hatching
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Analyzed absolutely everything, but really had no symptoms…
What day you got your BFP: 13dpt
HPT before blood test: Too many to count!
Number of first beta: 22
Number of 2nd beta: 127
Number of babies: One sweet baby!!!
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: I would just like to encourage anyone with a low initial beta…I waited for SO LONG to post here because I wanted to be able to say I actually have a baby in my arms before posting. My sweet boy is sleeping right next to me and I still can’t believe I’m finally a mom. Ladies…it is ALL worth the wait and effort, I promise you! Don’t give up and pace yourself with treatments. I totally believe my child is the result of modern medicine and lots of prayers by many people. Do NOT underestimate the power of prayer and God’s timing. While we don’t always understand His ways, it’s important to always trust and keep the faith.

Name: Ladybirds
Me:39
DH:41
How long TTC: 2 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Male Factor - Low Sperm Count & Low Morph
Me: Extremely Low AMH, Fibroid removed
Treatments you tried before IVF: IUI
How many IVF did you do before success: 1 First Try
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no
Protocol (meds taken): Gynokadin (Estradiol),Urogest for low progesterone,baby aspirin,HCG trigger, Acupuncture
How many follicles at ER: 5
How many eggs retrieved: 5
How many eggs fertilized: 2
How many days between ER and ET: 2
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 - 1 6cell and 1 4cell (not sure about grades)
Symptoms or issues during 2WW:Felt extra bloated and had 2 days of on and off poking on left side.
What day you got your BFP: 12dp2dt
HPT before blood test: No
Number of babies:1

Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! Keep reading these posts and know that you are not alone in your journey. I know it’s really hard but try to visualise that it will happen and try to get exercise and energise yourself as much as possible. It can be so draining! I was so so worried about my low AMH and was told that IVF may not even be an option for me as I may not be stimulated by drugs. The doctor was astounded that he got 5 follicles and 5 eggs. Also question the necessity of fibriod removal. Make sure you get a few opinions!

Natural:bfp: - May '11
M/C - 6 weeks:wings:

IUI - July '11 :bfn:

IVF #1 Sept '11
1/10 2 day Transfer :bfp::clap:
12/10 Beta #1: 33
14/10 :Beta #2: 59
19/10: Beta #3: 533
10/11:1 Heartbeat:woohoo:

Name: babylove2011
Me:33 (32 @ ER/ET)
DH:34 (33 @ ER/ET)
How long TTC: 1 year
Diagnosis or any known issues: PCOS
Treatments you tried before IVF: None
How many IVF did you do before success: 3. First was ectopic, second BFN and third stuck in the right place
Protocol (meds taken): Lupron, follistim, baby aspirin, metformin and ovidrel for trigger (and acupuncture on my own)
How many follicles at ER: 15
How many eggs retrieved: 13 mature
How many eggs fertilized: 12 (92.3% fertilization)
How many days between ER and ET: 2
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 “textbook perfect” 8 cell (lab doesnt grade at 3 days)
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Sore boobs.
What day you got your BFP: 11dp3dt
HPT before blood test: yes, about a milllion of em
Number of babies:1

Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! the scariest part is not knowing how everything works and fearing the worst.

Thank you for this article. That’s all I can say. You most definitely have made this post into something special. You clearly know what you are doing, you’ve covered so many bases.Thanks!

Wholesale iPhone 4 Cases
cosmetic bottles wholesale
Mac Makeup Brush Sets
Newport Cigarettes Wholesale
mac cosmetics wholesale

Name: Melissa
How long TTC: 4 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: MFI
Treatments you tried before IVF: 4 IUIs
How many IVF did you do before success: One fresh (BFN), One frozen (chemical)
Protocol (meds taken): Follistim, Menopur, Lupron, PIO, baby aspirin, estrace, folbic tab. I didn’t do anything in addition to the meds (no accupuncture or supplements or anything)
How many follicles at ER: 6
How many eggs retrieved: 6
How many eggs fertilized: 4 fertilized with ICSI
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: one 10-cell grade 1, two 8-cell grade 2. (all with Assisted Hatching)
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Cramping started day 5 past ER, also day 6, not really day 7, was the worst day 8 (felt like typical AF - my lower back was super crampy), then off and on after that until beta. My stomach blew up bigger than when I was stimming about 2 days prior to beta. I didn’t put it together it could be OHSS due to a positive pregnancy. I figured I was still a little bloated and maybe a little constipated!! :slight_smile:
What day you got your BFP: 10dp3dt on HPT - dark and fast
HPT before blood test: yes
Number of first beta: 217
Number of 2nd beta: 362 (didn’t double, 2 days later)
Number of third beta: 1430 (nearly perfect doubling, 4 days later)
Number of babies: 3!!

Name: Adele
How long TTC: about 6 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: blocked tubes/age
Treatments you tried before IVF: clomid, IUI
How many IVF did you do before success: 5
Protocol (meds taken): estrace/dexamethasone with antagonist protocol
How many follicles at ER: can’t remember
How many eggs retrieved: 9
How many eggs fertilized: 5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 3, 7BF, 6BF, 5CF (I think)
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: not a lot, just breast tenderness and some light cramping
What day you got your BFP: 12dp3dt
HPT before blood test: no
Number of first beta: 112
Number of babies: 1
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: Just to be an advocate for yourself. Don’t let your Dr’s dictate everything if it doesn’t feel right!
I did try the pineapple core for 5 days starting the date of transfer. Not sure if it helped but it didn’t hurt!

Hey Everyone,

This is my story, it is pretty specific but hopefully it goes to show that most infertility cases do have a cure, it just takes some looking to find it.
My first IVF was pretty textbook, regular long lupron protocol, 11 eggs retrieved, 7 fertilized but only 2 left on day 3 of ok quality. So for IVF #2 they tried the same protocol again with 20 eggs retrieved. Of those only 13 fertilized and we still only had 2 ok embryos on day 3. At this point my RE determined that it was an egg maturity issue and she made two changes, first she switched me to an antagonist protocol which is another common protocol. Basically it does not have a long suppression phase and therefore lower doses of stimulation meds. She also let my eggs “cook” another hour by moving us from a 36 hour trigger to retrieval time to 37 hours. Those changes resulted in a major difference. Of the 20 eggs retrieved on IVF #3 we had 17 fertilize and 13 make it to day 5…a major improvement. We transferred two perfect blasts and froze 8. I was finally successful with an embryo from that batch on an FET and my RE explained it as it took getting the right embryos matched up with the right uterine lining which for me was during an FET.
Feel free to pm or email me if you need more info,
Stephanie

yay!

Name: Alesia
How long TTC: about 1 year (5 months when found out about infertility)
Diagnosis or any known issues: severe male factor -azoospermia due to hernia surgeries as a baby
Treatments you tried before IVF: none - IVF was the only option!
How many IVF did you do before success: .5 - had a canceled cycle in July due to poor response from me. We considered it a ‘free’ trial run!
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no! thank god!
Protocol (meds taken): first cycle was regular long lupron protocol with gonal-f/menopur. The one that worked was micro dose lupron with gonal-f/menopur
How many follicles at ER: don’t know
How many eggs retrieved: 13
How many eggs fertilized: 11 (with ICSI)
How many days between ER and ET: 5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 blastocysts - weren’t graded. 5 on ice!
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: OHSS developed 7dp5dt - it was horrible, but meant I was pregnant! I ended up having 1.5 liters of fluid drained out of my abdomen, after that I felt great!
What day you got your BFP: HPT 7dp5dt, official Beta 8dp5dt (early because of OHSS symptoms)
HPT before blood test: yup - several!
Number of first beta: 95 (at 8dp5dt)
Number of babies: 3!! One of the TWO embryos they put back split - so we have identicals and a singleton
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: Things I learned during the process: 1) Educate yourself. Take the internet with a grain of salt, but there is a lot of good information out there. It was my idea to cancel our first cycle and I’m so glad I stuck to my guns and suggested it to my RE because we had such a better outcome the second time. 2) Consider putting only one embryo back, especially if your problem is male factor. We’re excited about triplets, but I would have preferrd to do this one at a time! Especially with having 5 frozen embryos left. 3) Heat up your bum with a heating pad before your PIO shot and heat up the oil in the syringe with your (or DH’s) hand before you give the shot. Then, rub the muscle and put it back on the heating pad after. I never had any problem with my PIO shots because of this.

I’m not an active member of this forum but I found so much comfort in reading this thread during my two IVF cycles that I wanted to contribute to it. I did two back-to-back IVF cycles. My due dates are 13 months, two days apart.

IVF #1

Name: Barbara
How long TTC: 0, tubes gone in early 20s
Diagnosis or any known issues: 2X ectopic, no tubes
How many IVF did you do before success: 0
Protocol (meds taken): Repronex, Follistim, Lupron
How many eggs retrieved: 13
How many eggs fertilized: 12
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 Transferred, no rating given just “Very Good”.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: AF type cramping near beta day
What day you got your BFP: 9dp5dt
HPT before blood test: No
Number of first beta: 153
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: Anything I would have know would not have prevented me from worrying so much.

IVF #2

Name: Barbara
How long TTC: 0, tubes gone in early 20s
Diagnosis or any known issues: 2X ectopic, no tubes
Protocol (meds taken): Repronex, Follistim, Lupron
How many eggs retrieved: 12
How many eggs fertilized: 8
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 “Best Quality”, 2 "Very Good"
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Absolutely no symptoms
What day you got your BFP: 11dp3dt (beta day)
HPT before blood test: Yes (BFN on 6dp3dt, BFP on 7dp3dt)
Number of first beta: 227
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: A bleed doesn’t mean that it’s over - sometimes, for various reasons, there is bleeding in early pregnancy.

Name: Kathy
How long TTC: 4 years before starting ivf
Diagnosis or any known issues: fibroids and fsh of 10 and severe male factor
Treatments you tried before IVF: abdominal myomectomy
How many IVF did you do before success: 1st one was a success (this was 3 yrs ago. i’m now 6 weeks with 3rd ivf but will post that one later)
Protocol (meds taken): antagonist: 225 follistim, 50 micro dose hcg, ganirelix, tetracycline, methylprednisone, pio and estrace
How many follicles at ER: 10-12 can’t remember
How many eggs retrieved: 14
How many eggs fertilized: 12
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 8A’s and only 1 made it to freeze
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: cramping and feeling really tired
What day you got your BFP: did blood work 12dp3t and 14dp3t but was done on a military base and doctors were on a military holiday. so did not get results until 15dp3t.
HPT before blood test: no but did one while waiting on the results of the first 2 betas and it was positive
Number of first beta: 146
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! to have faith. that’s the only way i got through it. i had my ivf done at a military hospital. so, the cost was was not a factor but i had no idea how stressful stimming would be. i was told more than once that my cycle may be cancelled, first because of a cyst and then because i wasn’t responding well. even after getting my bfp i was told that it didn’t look good because my second beta did not double the way it should have. i just continued to pray and have faith that God was going to bless us to have a baby, that it was not a matter of if it would happen but a matter of when it would happen. i went on to have a great pregnancy and now have a smart and beautiful 2 year old daughter.

IVF #1

Name: Amber
How long TTC: 5 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: PCOS
Treatments you tried before IVF: IUI
Protocol (meds taken): Menopur and Lupron
How many follicles at ER: too many to count
How many eggs retrieved: 12
How many eggs fertilized: 8
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 Transferred, no rating given just “Very Good”.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: AF type cramping What day you got your BFP: 4dp5dt
HPT before blood test: 5,all positive starting day 4
Number of first beta: 270
Number of babies: 2
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: To relax the odds are pretty good.

[COLOR=“DarkGreen”]I had to wait until my little miracle was in my arms before I could post here. I hope my story gives a little hope to those reading this while they go through their IVF treatments as I found hope while I struggled through my 2WW

Name: [COLOR=“DarkGreen”]Sarah
Age:[COLOR=“DarkGreen”]35 at start of the cycle, 36 when I delivered
How long TTC: [COLOR=“DarkGreen”]4 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: [COLOR=“DarkGreen”]unelplained
Treatments you tried before IVF: [COLOR=“DarkGreen”]5 IUI’s over 3 years
How many IVF did you do before success: [COLOR=“DarkGreen”]this was the first IVF cycle
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: [COLOR=“DarkGreen”]no
Protocol (meds taken): [COLOR=“DarkGreen”]Antogonist w/o bcp. gonal-f, menopur, ganirelix
How many follicles at ER: [COLOR=“DarkGreen”]17
How many eggs retrieved: [COLOR=“DarkGreen”]18
How many eggs fertilized:[COLOR=“DarkGreen”]10 with ICSI
How many days between ER and ET:[COLOR=“DarkGreen”]5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:[COLOR=“DarkGreen”]1 grade AA, 5 others with same grading made it to freeze
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: [COLOR=“DarkGreen”]lots of cramping and PMS symptoms, was sure AF was on her way and it didn’t work
What day you got your BFP: [COLOR=“DarkGreen”]+ hpt on 8dp5dt followed by 10 more tests, I developed a POAS addiction:woohoo:
Number of first beta:[COLOR=“DarkGreen”]179
Number of babies: [COLOR=“DarkGreen”]1
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! [COLOR=“DarkGreen”]I was pretty well informed, but I would recommend to everyone attempting IVF to have a good support system and to do everything you think will help the process. I used acupuncture, yoga, and an awesome support system. Without these, I’m not sure this would have worked, let alone on the first try. And keep the support system throughout, because I guarantee you’ll need them…I’m grateful to be holding my little girl in my arms today.

Name: Jessi
How long TTC: 3 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: borderline high FSH - me and Low Morphology - DH
Treatments you tried before IVF:3 IUIs
How many IVF did you do before success: This was my first.
Protocol (meds taken):Gonal F, Menopur, Lupron, PIO, baby aspirin, estrace, Prenatal Vitamins
How many follicles at ER: not sure… a good number on each side though.
How many eggs retrieved: 11
How many eggs fertilized:4 fertilized with ICSI
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2…They were both between good to average quality. They did not give me the exact grade.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: mild headaches right after ET. Sore and swollen BBs. Extremely tired once I got my first positive pregnancy test. I did not really have many symptoms at all. I was shocked when I tested and saw that BFP.
What day you got your BFP: 4dp5dt - faint line on HPT. Tested everyday after and line kept getting darker and darker.
HPT before blood test: yes
Number of first beta: 340 - 11dp5dt

Name: Laura
How long TTC: 4 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: PCOS + MF - Varicocele Veins
Treatments you tried before IVF: 1 round of Clomid
How many IVF did you do before success: 2 fresh, 1 frozen; 3rd fresh finally worked
Protocol (meds taken): Long lupron, then antagonist
How many follicles at ER: 18
How many eggs retrieved: 9 - couldn’t get to the left ovary due to bowel obstruction
How many eggs fertilized: 9
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 transferred: 7 cell grade b-fair; 6 cell grade b-fair
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Dizziness, slight cramping, tender breasts
What day you got your BFP: 9dp3dt
HPT before blood test: 2, all positive starting but faint
Number of first beta: 32 - which was devastating because the nurse said it will probably end up a chemical pregnancy…but she was wrong!!!
Due date: 05/03/2012
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: try not to worry about your 1st beta number…it’s all about the number rising by your next blood test. also check up on your health benefits and your partner’s benefits for IVF. the other person may have a better IVF package. we had to pay $5K out of pocket for the 1st IVF on my plan, but after researching his plan we learned it was 100% covered with unlimited number of tries

Pakiza

Name: Pakiza
How long TTC: 5 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: PCOS +semi bloked tubes
Treatments you tried before IVF: 1 round of Clomid, IUI
How many IVF did you do before success: No
Protocol (meds taken):
How many follicles at ER: 8
How many eggs retrieved: 4- couldn’t get to the left ovary due to bowel obstruction
How many eggs fertilized: 3
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 transferred: 8cell grade b-fair; 6 cell grade b-fair
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Nothing
What day you got your BFP: 9dp3dt
HPT before blood test: 2, all positive starting but faint
Number of first beta: 101
Due date:
During the time of 2WW, PLEASE don’t take tension and don’t be panic if you don’t feel any change. I did not feel ANYTHING. just try to keep calm and relax it will make your system more accurate.
Best wishes for all of you!!

4-01-2012

Name: Laura
How long TTC: 2 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Unexplained IF
Treatments you tried before IVF: 3 rounds of Clomid with iui, resulting in one ectopic, one round injectables with iui
How many IVF did you do before success: first try
Protocol (meds taken): Follistim, Ganerelix, HCG trigger
How many eggs retrieved: 19 retrieved, 16 mature
How many eggs fertilized: 13
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 8 cell embryos, rated 4 out of 5 with five being the worst
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Tender/sore breasts, but I attribute that to the PIO
What day you got your BFP: 7dp3dt
HPT before blood test: lots but NEVER got a positive on a dollar store HPT
Number of first beta: i think 100
Number of babies: 2 at first but turned out to be a vanishing twin
Due date: 02/29/2012
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: Don’t stress about quality of embryos transferred. I wasted way too much time googling, crying and worrying all for nothing. It is what it is and what will happen will happen…easier said than done.

Very sweet note on your message

[QUOTE=Marie81][FONT=Geneva][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Name: Meghann
How long TTC: about 2.5yrs
Diagnosis or any known issues: double uterus, high FSH (24), removed left fal tube, 1 underdeveloped ovary
Treatments you tried before IVF: none
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: azoospermia, sperm
Protocol (meds taken): 600 gonal F, 10 lupron
How many follicles at ER: just 2
How many eggs retrieved: 2
How many eggs fertilized: 1
How many days between ER and ET: One
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: One 2-celled emb transferred, too early to grade the quality
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: spotting and cramping the day before my 1st beta
What day you got your BFP: 10dp2dt (on hpt)
HPT before blood test: yep about 6
Number of first beta: 112
Number of babies: probably 1
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: I never thought in a million years this would happen for us, my body hardly responded to the max amount of stims, the drs were very unsure if my egg quality would be good enough, it was suggested that I use a donor egg several times. Even when 1 of my eggs fertilized, I was told my chances of the 2-celled embryo surviving after the transfer were very low. Never give up, this is something you want - do it with determination and believe in what your body is capable of. Pray. Pray before your egg retrieval, pray during your transfer, and pray every night in between. And don’t let everyone’s high follicle numbers on these threads drive you crazy, it only takes 1! Throughout everything, remember it’s ok to be sad.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

You probably don’t even check these boards anymore, but I just wanted you to (maybe someday) read this and know that you gave me hope today! I only have 5 follies on day 8 of max stims. I’m so happy it worked out for you, and happy to have read your post today. I hope it works out for me too.

Name: Tory
How long TTC: about 3 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: MFI low morph and motility
Treatments you tried before IVF: Timed Intercourse
How many IVF did you do before success: 1
Protocol (meds taken): BCP, Long Lupron, Gonal-F and Menopur
How many follicles at ER: 10
How many eggs retrieved: 10
How many eggs fertilized: 10
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1-2AA and 1-2AB
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Not much, cravings, tiredness
What day you got your BFP: 5dp5dt
HPT before blood test: POAS Fanatic!
Number of first beta: 83 (Snuck and had it done at Immediate Care Center)
Number of babies: 1 (was 2, but lost one at 8 weeks)
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: Make sure your marriage is intact before starting this process. It will strain and drain both partners.

Name: mayza
Me:30
DH:30
How long TTC: close to 5 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: damaged tubes from ruptured appendix at age 7. DH - no issues.
Treatments you tried before IVF: Many clomid cycles and 3 IUIs (all before knowing it was tubal damage)
How many IVF did you do before success: 0. First time worked for us.
Protocol (meds taken): Birth control pills, menopur, gonal-f, ovidrel for trigger
How many follicles at ER: not sure
How many eggs retrieved: 14, 12 mature
How many eggs fertilized: 11
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 “near perfect” blasts
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Any “symptom” I had was PIO injection-related.
What day you got your BFP: 5dp4dt
HPT before blood test: YES! I think 2-3 a day so maybe, 20 total!.
Number of babies:2

Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! The process was not bad at all and is very doable. You get used to the shots, you deal with the uncomfortable bloating from stims, ER is scary but in reality is not that bad thanks to the sedation and ET is a breeze…unless of course you hate the idea of your bladder being full for a long period of time like me! Do whatever it takes to not stress during this process and think positive. It’s hard but you can do it!