List your IVF Success Here! (Successes only please, not chat)

Hello, Baby

Name:[B] Lise[/B]

How long TTC: [B]4 years on waiting lists in Canada. Hightailed it to the US, BOOM! Baby![/B]

Diagnosis or any known issues:[B] Unexplained[/B]

Treatments you tried before IVF: [B]4 rounds of Clomid (DIE, CLOMID!), 1 IUI[/B]

How many IVF did you do before success: [B]1[/B]

Are you using donor eggs or sperm: [B]No[/B]

Protocol (meds taken): [B]BC, Lupron, Gonal F, Menopur, Trigger, PIO, Crinone (ugh!) Estrace[/B]

How many follicles at ER: [B]13 measured 24 hrs before. I was really concerned I didn’t produce enough. I needn’t have worried… ;)[/B]

How many eggs retrieved: [B]FORTY TWO! [/B]

How many eggs fertilized: [B]18[/B]

How many days between ER and ET:[B] 5[/B]

How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:[B] 3 blasts. 5AB, 3BB, 2BB[/B]

Symptoms or issues during 2WW: [B]Tired. Pregnancy mask. [/B]

What day you got your BFP: [B]Evening of 5dp5dt.[/B]

HPT before blood test: [B]YES! About a million. (5dp5dt) Morning: THE FAINTEST EVER LINE on First Response after waitng 1 hr; Evening: Instant :bfp: with Clear Blue Easy! [/B]
Number of first beta:[B]
1st BETA 330
2nd BETA 1151
3rd BETA 66706 [/B]

Number of babies: [B]2. Lost our Baby A at 7w2d, delivered our perfect, darling, long awaited, much loved Lachlan on 10/10/2011. [/B]

Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process:
[B]
I stressed so hard about my ET, I walked in there vibrating like a tuning fork - and I shouldn’t have. It was easy. Seriously. It was EASY.[/B]

[B]If you are Canadian, and are facing long referral or wait times, pack your bags and head it straight to the US. The cost is comparable and the treatment is AMAZING. I’m not kidding. If Americans were treated like we are, there would be mass outrage and 200 Million people marching on Washington.

That the IVF ladies I met on this site would become my sisters from other misters. They are an amazing support and resource. They are my angels and I love them and all of their babies :wink: [/B]

Name: Jodi
How long TTC: 4 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: MF and DOR
Treatments you tried before IVF: straight to IVF (our only hope!)
How many IVF did you do before success: 2nd IVF was my success story
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol: long lupron - BCPS, Lupron, Gonal F, Trigger, PIO
How many follicles at ER: I think there were 5 at last U/S
How many eggs retrieved: 8
How many eggs fertilized: 5
How many days between ER and ET: 3
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 perfect embabies - 1 10-cell grade 1, 1 8-cell grade 1
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: heart racing, viens became REALLY blue, breasts were tender with PIO, went away, and became tender again
What day did you get your BFP: 9dp3dt
HPT before blood test: duh, of course!! I knew in my heart it was going to be positive before the two lines even popped up!
Number of betas: 14dpo - 128
16dpo - 247
18dpo - 626
Number of babies: 1 beautiful perfect amazing baby - Cara Marie born 10/15/11…she is the light of my life!
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started the process: Surround yourself with people you trust and will support you. Keep yourself as busy as you can and plan things to look forward to other than the IVF stuff. The blood draws, the shots, the procedures…that is not the hard part, the hard part is the waiting. But you will miss 100% of the shots you don’t take - but with big risks, CAN come big rewards. It’s really hard to make yourself so vulnerable, but man if it works - if it works - it will change your whole life! I wish this for every one on here!

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=1]Name: Jenna[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=1]Age: 26[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=1]How long TTC: 4 years[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=1]Diagnosis or any known issues: No right tube andbad left[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=1]Treatments you tried before IVF: 4x Clomid- 1xIUI- 1x IVF[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=1]How many IVF did you do before success: 1 failedIVF before success[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=1]Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=1]Protocol: BCPs, Lupron, Follistim, Trigger, PIO[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=1]How many follicles at ER: 15[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=1][FONT=Times New Roman]How many eggs retrieved: 14[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][FONT=Times New Roman]How many eggs fertilized: 9[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][FONT=Times New Roman]How many days between ER and ET:6[/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=1]How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 perfect embabies! 1 frostie![/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=1]Symptoms or issues during 2WW: light belly switcheslike tiny cramps and nothing else[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=1]What day did you get your BFP: 5dp6dt[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=1]HPT before blood test: Heck yea I took one-sometimes two a day [/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]Number of betas: 14dpo – 44 & 18dpo - 387[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]Number of babies: 1 beautiful baby boy~ Mateo Corvinborn 10/3/11 [/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started the process: Finding a group to chat with about worries and similarsituations really helped. I felt like I was all alone before finding them andit helped me stay sane. Oh and the PIO shots made me so bloated that peoplethought I was carrying twins because I was ‘showing’ at 10 weeks. “No”, I toldthem “I’m just bloated”. Which was not fun. [/SIZE]

[/FONT]

IVF 1st round success

I NOW HAVE A HEALTHY BABY BOY NAMED ISAIAH THROUGH IVF! AND WILL BE TRYING AGAIN NATURALLY WITH MY LAST TUBE AND USING ACUPUNCTURE! IT ONLY TAKES ONE EGG LADIES THEY ONLY PUT IN 3 GRADE B EMBRYOS…AND I GOT MY LITTLE SUNSHINE…:clap:

Name: Alfreda
How long TTC: Woke up one morning and decided we wanted to have a child and started treatment the next month.
Diagnosis or any known issues: Tubal Ligation, MF
Treatments you tried before IVF: None
How many IVF did you do before success: 1
Protocol (meds taken): BCP’s, Antibiotics, Lupron, Repronex, HCG, Follistim, PIO, Progesterone Suppositories
How many follicles at ER: Many
How many eggs retrieved: 12
How many eggs fertilized: 11
How many days between ER and ET: 5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 Grade B/ 1 Grade C
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: None
What day you got your BFP: 4 days after ET
HPT before blood test: Daily
Number of first beta: 114.57
Number of babies: 1
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! The weight gain from the Progesterone is horrible for me.

Alright - I am 8 weeks and was released to OB so I feel more comfortable in filling this out! LOL!

Name: Marie
How long TTC: 5 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: PCOS and DH has low morph and motility
Treatments you tried before IVF: 7 IUIs
How many IVF did you do before success: none, this was our first
Are you using donor eggs or sperm:no
Protocol (meds taken):menopur, follistim, lupron
How many follicles at ER: 20+ visible
How many eggs retrieved: 11
How many eggs fertilized: 7
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 3 transferred, quality was excellent
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: nothing but side effects from meds
What day you got your BFP: 11dp3dt
HPT before blood test: Yes, twice
Number of first beta: 212
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process. We wished we had started with this clinic first as we feel we wasted 3+ years with a clinic that was horrible. Once we started the IVF process, it was easier and faster than I expected.

Name: Melissa
How long TTC: 6+ years
Diagnosis or any known issues: slight PCOS, ireg cycles-- SEVERE MF — we were told that IVF w/ICSI would be our only chance.
How many IVF did you do before success: first time thank goodness worked for us!
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no
Protocol (meds taken): baby asprin, bc, lupron, menour, follistim, PIO shots for 10 weeks after transfer
How many follicles at ER: 15+
How many eggs retrieved: 14 eggs- 10 were mature
How many eggs fertilized: ALL 10! (with ICSI)
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2–5 day expanded blast, 1 was already hatching
What day you got your BFP: morning of Beta i had a BFP on HPT (the only one we took… stay away from the POAS…its evil!)
Number of first beta: 100 (at 9dp5dt)
Number of babies: 1 perfect lil peanut!
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: Beta’s are not an exact science… if you look at my sig… they didn’t double and i was in beta hell for the first week… but luckily my little fighting peanut that could made it!! DO NOT POAS!! it is evil… i saw so many do it early and get discouraged… and loose all faith. my thinking was… even if i only got to be pregnant for 9 days… i was going to enjoy having those 2 precious living embryo’s inside of me… and i wasn’t going to give up those 9 days for anything. The morning of Beta i took a HPT and me and DH were there together to get the news…it was the most perfect moment!!

How long TTC: 9 long years!
Diagnosis or any known issues: Possible PCOS, low sperm count
Treatments you tried before IVF: 5 IUI’s
How many IVF did you do before success: This was the only one!
Protocol (meds taken): Lupron, Follistim, Repronex
How many follicles at ER: ??
How many eggs retrieved: 10
How many eggs fertilized: 3
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 blast and 1 morula
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: peeing a lot, minor cramping/pulling, dizziness
What day you got your BFP: 5dp5dt
HPT before blood test: yes
Number of first beta: First “unoffical beta” at 8dp5dt = 205
Number of babies: ??
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! Not to freak out about the # of eggs that fertilize, because you only need one good one!

Name: Judy
How long TTC: 3.5 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: PCOS/Blood Clotting Disorder/Lt Tube Removed/Egg Quality
Treatments you tried before IVF:4 clomid rounds/3 IUI’s
How many IVF did you do before success: 1 (1st twins once mc one cornual ectopic, 2nd success)
Protocol (meds taken): lupron, follistim, menopur, baby asprin, endometrim
How many follicles at ER: never asked
How many eggs retrieved: 16
How many eggs fertilized: 10
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 transferred
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: cramping
What day you got your BFP: 8dp3dt
HPT before blood test: Yes
Number of first beta: 62
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process - Find people that you can talk to about the process it helps so much when you are feeling alone. I have met some truely amazing woman through this site.

Name: Flimsy Bolin
How long TTC: 4 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Endometriosis stage 3 and Anticardiolipin antibody syndrome
Treatments you tried before IVF: two laparoscopies (m/c 3 months after first one), letrozole for 3 months and one IUI
How many IVF did you do before success: 0 - First one worked!
Protocol (meds taken):
How many follicles at ER: 13
How many eggs retrieved: 10
How many eggs fertilized: 9
How many days between ER and ET: 5 days
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 blasts transfered, 2 frozen
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: spotting light cramping
What day you got your BFP: 14 dpr
HPT before blood test: nope, too scared to do it
Number of first beta: 181
Number of babies: 2
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process!

It’s all worth it! I know it’s overwhelming, stressful, finanically straining but as soon as you get pregnant you forget all about the struggles and none of it matters.

How long TTC: 2 years

Diagnosis or any known issues: me - Possible PCOS, hypothyroid; him - low morphology, varicocele, high sperm DNA fragmentation

Treatments you tried before IVF: 1 IUI

How many IVF did you do before success: The first one worked!

Protocol (meds taken): metformin, Lupron, folic acid, baby aspirin, Repronex, dexamethasone, growth hormone, Gonal-F, Endometrin, Estrace, Synthroid

How many follicles at ER: not sure

How many eggs retrieved: 16

How many eggs fertilized: 12 were mature, 11 fertilized via ICSI

How many days between ER and ET: 5 (11 embryos made it to day 3, only 3 made it to day 5)

How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 blastocysts - 1 very high quality, 1 good quality

Symptoms or issues during 2WW: mild cramping on 2dp5dt, cramping on 3dp5dt, very tired at night then insomnia around 2-3am on 5-6dp5dt

What day you got your BFP: 5dp5dt a very faint line on HPT, not sure if my eyes were playing tricks on me! the line got gradually darker every day.

HPT before blood test: yes, several. I bought the Wondfo pregnancy tests online, around $30-40 for 100 of them, so I didn’t feel guilty testing a few times a day! The lines got darker from day to day, but not within 1 day…so each morning it would be a bit darker than the previous day, but then it would seem to fade as the day went on. This would stress me out. If you’re going to give in to the HPT, maybe just test once a day. My HPT was obviously positive by 8dp5dt.

Number of first beta: at 10dp5dt, my beta was 70.7, at 12dp5dt, my beta was 136.5

Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process? The process and medicine protocol seems really complicated and of course expensive, but once you get your positive test, you will completely forget about it all. I’m 29 weeks pregnant now, baby due July 2012, and I sometimes forget I even did IVF! It is SO worth it (the money, the stress, the complicated stuff you have to do!). Also, if you’re dealing with male factor infertility at all, I’d recommend bypassing the IUI stage completely. It is tempting to do it since it is so much cheaper, but honestly it is worth the money to not have one more disappointing month. Best of luck to you!

Name: Jerseygyrl73
How long TTC: 8+ yrs off and on
Diagnosis or any known issues: Hysterectomy using surrogate
Treatments you tried before IVF: 3 FETs with 2 surrogates
How many IVF did you do before success: 2
Are you using donor eggs or sperm:NO
Protocol (meds taken): Gonal-F, Menopur, Lupron, Herbs (TONS OF SUPPLEMENTS!)
How many follicles at ER:21 seen before ER
How many eggs retrieved:17
How many eggs fertilized: 9 fertilized normally 5 didn’t
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 blasts transferred 5AA hatching & 4AA
Symptoms or issues during 2WW:surro was tired, crampy, really thirsty and super hungry
What day you got your BFP: 5dp5dt
HPT before blood test: daily starting at 3dp5dt
Number of first beta: 135 9dp5dt
Number of babies:? OB doesn’t have high tech u/s machine, we know for sure there is at least 1 though! hoping for definitive answer at NT Scan with better u/s
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! wasn’t my first time at this rodeo, but you forget how stressful the waits are! The wait from beta to ultrasound is WORSE than the beta 2ww! For me it was very bad because I was not in control of anything! Gonna be a looong 9months but worth it!

Reading all of your success stories literally makes me feel so happy I could cry! This is just what I needed this morning:) I am especially excited to see the # of women who had success on the first try with IVF! I’m doing IVF w/ PGD to prevent a genetic condition soon but we don’t have fertility problem otherwise. I’ve been so scared that it won’t work. After reading this I feel encouraged that it probably WILL! Congrats to all of you and thank you for sharing this post!

Hi Everyone

So I am going to try a round of IVF in August… the fertility saga has been going on for 3 yrs but feels like forever. When I start my round I am going to try to act as normal as possible… I do workout 4 times a week and enjoy wine on the weekend w/my dinner. Do you think this is a problem. My RE had told me to do everything in moderation… But still wanted to hear some “real” advice :slight_smile: . In the past I have done everything right and never got a BFP… Any Advice would be appreciated

I ran 3 miles a day 6 days a week before starting my stims for IVF. And I also had 1 or 2 glasses of wine on occasion. I did start the Fertility Diet about 2-3 months prior to IVF. I am currently 7 weeks pregant. Hope this helps

Yay it’s finally my turn!!!

I can’t believe I finally get to post here. I’m so excited I’m getting all misty eyed just typing this!

Name: Amanda
How long TTC: 6+ years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Male factor (unknown)
Treatments you tried before IVF:Femara for DH for 1 year to try and improve sperm, 3 ivf, 3 fet, 11 iui’s
How many IVF did you do before success: 3
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: Yes DS
Protocol (meds taken): Follistim, Menopur, PIO oil, estrace, Lupron
How many follicles at ER: 17
How many eggs retrieved: 20
How many eggs fertilized: 13
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 transferred, quality 4AA and 4AB
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: nothing at all!
What day you got your BFP: 6dp5dt
HPT before blood test: Yes, several times
Number of first beta: 177 9dp5dt
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process - Would have been nice to know that it was going to take do 17 artificial cycles and almost $70,000 completely out of pocket before getting a BFP!

Name: Zultbear (user name)
How long TTC: 6 months
Diagnosis or any known issues: PCOS
Treatments you tried before IVF: This is my 2nd IVF after having a DD through IVF
How many IVF did you do before success: 1 FET
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: N/A
Protocol (meds taken): Puregon, Synarel, BCP,
How many follicles at ER: 24
How many eggs retrieved: Not sure
How many eggs fertilized: 16
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2x 5AA Blasts
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Mild OHSS
What day you got your BFP: 4DP5DT
HPT before blood test: Yes from 4dp5dt (IC) Then FRER 5dp5dt and everyday after that lol
Number of first beta: 12dp5dt 701
Number of babies: Not sure yet first scan the 24th May
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! Having been through the whole process before I pretty much knew what to expect.

I loved reading page after page of this thread when I was in the thick of it. I’m 10w today, and cautiously optimistic!

Name: Jen
How long TTC: 7 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: repeat miscarriages, borderline DOR
Treatments you tried before IVF: 4 IUIs, Clomid, Letrazole
How many IVF did you do before success: 1 - our 1st time was successful
Protocol (meds taken): antagonist. Oral Contraceptive, then Menopur and Gonal-F, Centrotide. PIO shots beginning day after retrieval.
How many follicles at ER: 9
How many eggs retrieved: 4 (couldn’t get to my right ovary)
How many eggs fertilized: 3 through ICSI
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 3 transferred, all good - 7, 8, and 9 cells. Assisted hatching
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: I attributed all my symptoms to the PIO shots and the hormonal ramp-up to retrieval, but breast tenderness, bloating, fatigue, ovary pain
What day you got your BFP: 10dp3dt (after pink spotting over the weekend, I had to pee on something!)
HPT before blood test: Yes. Then beta the same day
Number of first beta: 200 (2nd was 420)
Number of babies: I started with 2 (therefore the high beta) but only one was in it for the long haul.
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process - It’s ok to comparison price-shop for meds between pharmacies, even if you do have insurance. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. I am not alone in this process. My husband was put on this earth to be my partner, for there is absolutely no way I could have done this without his consistency and love.

Sperm donator

hi, let me know how I can help!

http://www.facebook.com/ariscape

Name: NNN
How long TTC: 7 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Male factor azoospermia
How many IVF did you do before success: we did IUI 2 rounds.
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: Yes DS
Protocol (meds taken): none just needed working sperm lol
[Symptoms or issues during 2WW: nothing at all![/C
What day you got your BFP:12dpiui
HPT before blood test:you bet your a$$
Number of first beta: 163
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process - That all the fears I had wouldn’t matter once I saw that BFP :slight_smile: