List your IVF Success Here! (Successes only please, not chat)

Hi Ladies,

I’d love to join this thread. Here are my answers to the questions everyone is answering:

Name: Stefanie
How long TTC: 6.5 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Low E2/P4/FSH, Poor CM
Treatments you tried before IVF: 5 IUIs, Timed Intercourse
How many IVF did you do before success: 2
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no
Protocol (meds taken): (1st IVF: Gonal-F, Lupron, Ovidrel Trigger, HCG Booster, Endometrin, Prometrium); (2nd IVF: Gonal-F, Gonarelix, Ovidrel, HCG Booster, Endometrin, Prometrium)
How many follicles at ER: 27
How many eggs retrieved: 16 (RE stopped at 16, he said he didnt need more)
How many eggs fertilized: 8 through ICSI & AH
How many days between ER and ET: 3
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 3 transferred, all very good 8 cell embryos
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: VERY bloated, cramping, sore boobs, fatigue, AF like symptoms, food aversions, constipation or diarrhea (no normal movements basically).
What day you got your BFP: 11dp3dt
HPT before blood test: No, I was too scared to get a negative
Number of first beta: 21 (2nd was 20, 3rd 34, 4th 114, 5th 985, 6th 4563)
Number of babies: 1
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process? How much cramping and bloating could potentially be involved.

Miracles Really Do Happen!!

Name: Rachel
How long TTC: 8 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: several surgies - no tubes and one ovary, endometriosis and ovarian cysts
Treatments you tried before IVF: had to go straight to IVF
How many IVF did you do before success: 3 and got pregnant on the 4th IVF
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken): antagonist protocol
How many follicles at ER: I can’t remember
How many eggs retrieved: 11 but only 5 were mature
How many eggs fertilized: 3
How many days between ER and ET: 3dt
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 3 embryos transfered- 8 cell grade B, 6 cell grade C and 4 cell grade B
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: breast tenderness, happy feeling, exhausted, weird sensations in my belly, dizziness, lights seemed brighter and several other symptoms that I now can’t remember now lol…
What day you got your BFP: 13dp3dt
HPT before blood test: NO
Number of first beta: 325
Number of babies: 2 (at first they thought there was only 1 but then 2 weeks after my 1st Beta they saw it was identical twins)
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process- NEVER GIVE UP!! DON’T LET YOUR FAITH EVER WAVER THAT YOU WILL BE A MOTHER BECAUSE IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE YOU ARE GOING TO BE A MOM, YOU WILL BE ONE!! I didn’t have this mindset until this last IVF and anytime I would start to worry or think something negative I would turn it off and think positive thoughts only. STAY POSITIVE AND ELIMINATE STRESS!!! SPOIL YOURSELF DURING THIS TIME AND KNOW IT’S YOUR TIME TO BE A MOMMY!! :slight_smile: :babydust: TO YOU ALL!! YOU WILL HAVE YOUR LITTLE MIRACLES TOO!!! I JUST KNOW IT!!! :grouphug:

Name: Amanda
How long TTC: over 6 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Blocked Tubes
Treatments you tried before IVF: Surgery
How many IVF did you do before success: 2nd try worked
Protocol (meds taken): Gonal F , Lupron , Menopur

How many follicles at ER: to many to count
How many eggs retrieved: 15
How many eggs fertilized: 14
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 transferred , one 8 cell , one 5 cell grade a
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: cramping,sore BB, tiredness
What day you got your BFP: took hpt 6 days after 3 day transfer , blood test 12 days after 3 day transfer
HPT before blood test: yes , many lol
Number of first beta: 331
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process Just because it doesn’t work the first time doesn’t mean there isn’t hope. That even if your beta # doesn’t double doesn’t mean it wasn’t a success. My beta numbers were crazy =) My little girl was born May 16th 2012. God does answer prayers :cheer:

So happy to post here!!!

Name:Flybaby
How long TTC:4 1/2 years
Diagnosis or any known issues:age, male factor
Treatments you tried before IVF:None (RE suggested we go straight to IVF due to age and MFI)
How many IVF did you do before success:2
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: NO
Protocol (meds taken): Letrozole, Gonal F, low dose hcg, ganirelix, metformin, medrol, baby aspirin
How many follicles at ER: Many
How many eggs retrieved:23, 17 mature
How many eggs fertilized:15
How many days between ER and ET:5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2, good quality
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: bloody nose; nausea at 6dp5dt; tingly breasts; dizziness;
What day you got your BFP: on hpt 6dp5dt (first day I decided to test)
HPT before blood test: yes
Number of first beta:97
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: Relax, take care of yourself, try not to stress, be selective on who you share your IVF experience with; Also I wish I knew how deeply it also affected my DH, he didn’t really reveal his true feelings until we got our BFP, I would have been a lot less rough on him had I known. Choose a really good RE and trust them.

PGD/IVF with twins!

I remember reading this thread for inspiration when I was trying, so I hope this inspires someone else.

Name: Paula
How long TTC: 9 months (but our IVF wasn’t prompted by TTC issues)
Diagnosis or any known issues: Both carriers of SMA. Our first son was diagnosed with the disease at 3 month and passed away about two months later. IVF with PGD was our best option to reduce our chances of having another baby with this disease.
Treatments you tried before IVF: na
How many IVF did you do before success: Three
Protocol (meds taken): Estrogen-priming protocol with low-dose Lupron, then Follistim/Menopur. Also added testosterone patch and progesterone pills a week before stims.
How many follicles at ER: 14
How many eggs retrieved: 10
How many eggs fertilized: 7
How many days between ER and ET: 5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: Only two cleared our genetic and aneuploidy tests.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Nosebleed
What day you got your BFP: 10 days
HPT before blood test: Yes. Then beta the same day
Number of first beta: Can’t recall exactly, but it was in the 400s. It was very very high.
Number of babies: Two
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process : One failed cycle doesn’t predict the future. Each time is almost like a crap shoot in which you can try to improve the odds, but so much of it is still luck. Also, I’d look into supplements earlier so I could take them long before starting a round.

[QUOTE=AmandaLynn]Name: Amanda
How long TTC: over 6 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Blocked Tubes
Treatments you tried before IVF: Surgery
How many IVF did you do before success: 2nd try worked
Protocol (meds taken): Gonal F , Lupron , Menopur

How many follicles at ER: to many to count
How many eggs retrieved: 15
How many eggs fertilized: 14
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 transferred , one 8 cell , one 5 cell grade a
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: cramping,sore BB, tiredness
What day you got your BFP: took hpt 6 days after 3 day transfer , blood test 12 days after 3 day transfer
HPT before blood test: yes , many lol
Number of first beta: 331
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process Just because it doesn’t work the first time doesn’t mean there isn’t hope. That even if your beta # doesn’t double doesn’t mean it wasn’t a success. My beta numbers were crazy =) My little girl was born May 16th 2012. God does answer prayers :cheer:[/QUOTE]
Congrats! So glad you got your bfp!

Hello, ladies! I am sharing my journey on youtube. Tune in!

Name:Sandra
How long TTC: Waited about 4 years after my twin boys were born…took us about a year to finally conceive after trying again.
Diagnosis or any known issues: PCOS
Treatments you tried before IVF: IUI then IVF
How many IVF did you do before success: 1
Protocol (meds taken): Lupron, Bravelle, Menopur, Progesterone
How many follicles at ER: 5
How many eggs retrieved: 5
How many eggs fertilized: 4
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 3 good quality embryos
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Tiredness, cramping
What day you got your BFP: 10dpt
HPT before blood test: yes
Number of first beta: Can’t remember but I think it’s in my signature.
Number of babies: 3
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process!- So much more work than an IUI.

i am 28
DH 33

hi i am new here i am TTC about 8 years now done 2 IUIs back to back came -ve i am v upset next week i am starting IVF any hope ?

I remember trawling through this thread so many times during my most hopeless days, and although few people had done as many IVFs as me, a few stories really kept me going! Hope my story will give some hope to someone else!

Name: [COLOR=“Blue”]Mel
How long TTC: [COLOR=“Blue”]3 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: [COLOR=“Blue”]DH has secondary hypogonadism and produces no sperm naturally. He was on hormone shots 3 times a week for 3 years to stimulate production.
Treatments you tried before IVF: [COLOR=“Blue”]Just the shots for DH, but his levels were always next to nothing so we went straight to IVF.
How many IVF did you do before success: [COLOR=“Blue”]7, our 8th attempt was successful!
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: [COLOR=“Blue”]no
Protocol (meds taken): [COLOR=“Blue”]short. Menogon 8 ampules per day plus decapeptyl 0.1 daily.
How many follicles at ER: [COLOR=“Blue”]16
How many eggs retrieved: [COLOR=“Blue”]16
How many eggs fertilized: [COLOR=“Blue”]9 through ICSI
How many days between ER and ET: [COLOR=“Blue”]5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:[COLOR=“Blue”] 3 transferred. 1 top quality blast, one average blast and 1 “not even a morula”.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: [COLOR=“Blue”]On 8dp5dt I though it was over because I got a negative on an HPT and had some bleeding. 3 days later the blood had gone so I tested again on a whim - :bfp:
What day you got your BFP: [COLOR=“Blue”]11dp5dt
HPT before blood test: [COLOR=“Blue”]Yes. BFN on 8dp5dt then BFP on 11dp5dt.
Number of first beta: [COLOR=“Blue”]418 on 12dp5dt
Number of babies: [COLOR=“Blue”]One
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process - [COLOR=“Blue”]I’m actually quite glad I didn’t know more! If I had know it would take this many attempts I’m not sure I would have been willing to do it! But now if you ask me if I would do another 8 IVFs for another baby, I’d say yes :slight_smile:

My BFP story

Hey ladies,

I’m Diana,new to the forum and just browsing.A little about me,I had been TTC for 8 years. Many IVF treatments that failed me. I went into thousands of dollars in debt,lost my house,my job and gave up on everything. I went into a state of depression for 2 years and a good friend of mine snapped me out of it. I was dianosed with being infertile,pcos and I only have 1 tube due to a tubal when I was in my early twenties. So my hopes and dreams of ever becoming pregnant was next to none.

To make a long story short, My good friend,whom I love dearly found this pregnancy miracle (literally) step by step program/guide. I was skeptial but gave it a shot.I got pregnant within 6 months!!! We are currently expecting our first baby boy on the 18th of October 2012. Everything is so far sooo good. I cannot express to Claudia,my best friend just how greatful I am and how much We appreciate the help she gave us.

If any of you woman want to check it out,feel free. I would love to help as many woman in my shoes as possible.We all deserve it!!!

You can read more about it at Pregnancy Miracle™ - Cure Infertility and Get Pregnant Naturally . Good luck to all of you who are still TTC.

God bless!

Diana

So happy to finally post here as I am watching my week old little man sleep.

Name: Emily
How long TTC: 3 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: No tubes after lap and endometriosis
Treatments you tried before IVF: Had to go straight to IVF
How many IVF did you do before success: On 3rd try
Protocol (meds taken): Tev Tropin, Follistim, Menopur, Estrace (EPP protocol with HGH)
How many follicles at ER: Can’t recall
How many eggs retrieved: 8
How many eggs fertilized: 2 on Day 1 and another 2 when re-fertilized on day 2 (which don’t typically do well)
How many days between ER and ET: 3dt
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 4 embryos transfered- A 3 cell, 4 cell (which were on par for day 2 fertilization) and 5 cell and a 7 cell, no fragmentation
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Lots of burping, stronger sense of smell, tint of pink in CM a few days before beta
What day you got your BFP: 11dp3dt
HPT before blood test: NO
Number of first beta: 25- yup, you read that right 25
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process- Do your best to stay sane during the process- whatever that takes- for me I had to promise myself not to think about it at all during my 2ww, which was hard. I just proceeded with life as usual. Some days during my long journey I had to stay off the internet and these boards. So many times I got smacked down and had to pick myself up and keep going- if I did it, you can too! Good luck and don’t get discouraged if you have a low beta or if you have to do more than one round of IVF, good things come to those who wait. I’m proof!

How long TTC: [B]didn’t[/B]
Diagnosis or any known issues: [B]Tubal Ligation[/B]
Treatments you tried before IVF: [B]None[/B]
How many IVF did you do before success: [B]Prego 1st attemp[/B]
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: [B]Sperm[/B]
Protocol (meds taken):[B] 4% Crinone Gel, Gonal F, Menopur[/B],[B]Lupron,[/B] [B]Novarel[/B]
How many follicles at ER:[B]14[/B]
How many eggs retrieved:[B]13[/B]
How many eggs fertilized: [B]8[/B]
How many days between ER and ET: [B]6[/B]
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: [B]2 trans both A/B[/B]
Symptoms or issues during 2WW:[B]Hyper Stimulation, Nausea, Horrible stomach & back pains[/B]
What day you got your BFP: [B]7/2011[/B]
HPT before blood test:
Number of first beta:
Number of babies: [B]2[/B]
Anything else you would have wanted to share.My HCG level was really high that’s when they told me it must be twins then a week or so later my HCG level did not double like they said it would. It only went up 40%. Dr. said maybe i lost one so i was on watch every other day. Low and behold they both survived. The moral of that story is keep your faith in GOD and not MAN because even they can’t predict what would or could happen! Blessings to all!!!

Yay! I finally get to post here!

Name: Coffeegal1
How long TTC: 1.5 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Endometriosis, Adhesions, Oviarian Cysts, Luteal Phase Defect
Treatments you tried before IVF: 2 rounds of Femera, 2 rounds of injectibles with timed intercourse, acupuncture
How many IVFs before success: First attempt was a success
Protocol (meds taken): Lupron, Follistim (x2 daily), Lueveris, Ovidrel, Endometrin
How many follicles at ER: Unsure
How many eggs retrieved: 13
How many eggs mature: 8
How many eggs fertilized: 6
How many days between ER and ET: 5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 morulae, none to freeze.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW:started bleeding heavily at 7dpt. It was awful. I actually gave up all hope & called the RE. He scheduled my WTF apt. We decided to do blood work early so that we could start closing out this cycle. Big surprise when my beta was 47. But because of the bleeding I didn’t think much of it. However, 2 days later it was 123 and 2 more days later it was 344. My morula is a fighter!
What day you got your BFP: 11dp5dt (Beta #2 indicated pregnancy!)
HPT before blood test: No – I really thought it was over.
Number of first beta: 47
Number of babies: 1 beautiful miracle
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process!
Sorry so long

1. The IVF process isn’t as scary as I thought. It’s overwhelming at the beginning but with the right clinic and doctor, it is manageable. Also, I wish I would have moved towards IVF sooner. Racking up so many failures prior to my first IVF made me feel hopeless before the start.
  2. Morulae (the stage before blast) CAN produce a healthy pregnancy during a 5 day transfer. Imperfect embryos can turn into BFPs! I was so devastated on the morning of our transfer when the biologist told us that none of my embryos made it to blast. I thought the situation was hopeless and didn’t receive much encouragement from the biologist that day. When they called back on day 6 and said none could be frozen, I went into a depression.
  3. Bleeding doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s over. I bled A LOT! It wasn’t just tiny spots. It was fairly constant for 5 days and tapered off around 10 days.
  4. Being nervous or sad will not destroy your chances of getting pregnant. So many people told me I needed to relax and remain optimistic. But I was just too worried. And the stress of people insinuating that I was causing my own infertility didn’t help. You are entitled to feel scared and nervous. But know that miracles can and do happen.
  5. The first few weeks / months after a BFP were so terrifying … and miraculous, and wonderful at the same time. I took a lot of grief from friends who couldn’t understand why I was so protective of the pregnancy. But they hadn’t been through the loss and failure we had. What I found is that I could be simultaneously grateful, elated, and seriously nervous at the same time … and that doesn’t make me a bad person.
  6. As much as I’ve hated every minute of being infertile, it has done some very positive things in my life. I am more patient, more thankful, and more loving because of our struggles. And – it brought my husband and I even closer. He has shown me strength and love like I’ve never known before and I feel blessed to have him by my side.

How long TTC: [B]4-5 years–weight was a huge issue. after losing 70+ lbs i knew we had bigger problems. [/B]
Diagnosis or any known issues: [B]PCOS and endo–both tubes removed [/B]
Treatments you tried before IVF: [B]None[/B]
How many IVF did you do before success: [B]got pregnant on both cycles!![/B]
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: [B]no[/B]
Protocol (meds taken):[B] lupron, follistim, triggered with ovidril and took progesterone shots from ER thru first trimester both pregnancies[/B]
How many follicles at ER:[B] too many to count[/B]
How many eggs retrieved:[B]32 | 23[/B]
How many eggs fertilized: [B]23 | 17[/B]
How many days between ER and ET: [B]5[/B]
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: [B]low grade both cycles–2 CE’s the first time and 2 DC’s the second time[/B]
Symptoms or issues during 2WW:[B] boredom and nervousness! [/B]
What day you got your BFP: [B]9dp5dt on both[/B]
HPT before blood test: [B]heck yes!![/B]
Number of first beta: [B]can’t remember on the first | 48 on the second[/B]
Number of babies: [B]1 both times[/B]
Anything else you would have wanted to share.[B] try not to obsess about the numbers and quality. i had low grade embies both times. the first time we thought for sure it would not work. shocked when it did!! and on the second i had low beta and assumed chemical pregnancy. just be ready to be patient. the whole process (including pregnancy) is waiting, waiting, waiting.
[/B]

Name: [B]Holly[/B]
How long TTC: [B]Almost 3 years[/B]
Diagnosis or any known issues: [B]I don’t ovulate. DH has severe male factor issues (see signature)[/B]
Treatments you tried before IVF: [B]Clomid[/B]
How many IVF did you do before success: [B]Technically 2, but the first cycle was canceled prior to ER. Our 1st full cycle was successful![/B]
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: [B]No [/B]
Protocol (meds taken): [B]Antagonist cycle was the successful one: Femara, Gonal-F, Luveris[/B]
How many follicles at ER: [B]5[/B]
How many eggs retrieved: [B]5, 4 mature[/B]
How many eggs fertilized: [B]All 4![/B]
How many days between ER and ET: [B]3[/B]
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: [B]2 great quality embryos[/B]
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: [B]mild cramping[/B]
What day you got your BFP: [B]7dp3dt using HPT[/B]
HPT before blood test: [B]Yes[/B]
Number of first beta: [B]567 (12dp3dt)[/B]
Number of babies: [B]2 boys due to arrive any day now![/B]
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! [B]Go with your gut. Some doctors (even the best ones) may tell you “it’s impossible.” Don’t get discouraged. Continue to research. Seek second opinions. Seek support and guidance from someone who’s been in your shoes. Keep communication open with your partner about your feelings, planning next steps together as a team. Infertility was the hardest thing me and DH ever had to endure as a couple. Attacking it as a team was crucial, and we supported one another, seeking treatments we both felt were best for our situation. Don’t give up even when science and medical treatments available seem to be insufficient for your situation. Miracles do happen! Try to not focus too much on the #s or statistics. My IVF success happened against all odds! And the family that’s meant for you is going to happen in time. Stay hopeful! [/B]

Suggestion

When listing the success, I suggest to write the name of the clinic and the doctor with whom the ladies succeeded.What do you think?

[QUOTE=cosmopolitan4112008]When listing the success, I suggest to write the name of the clinic and the doctor with whom the ladies succeeded.What do you think?[/QUOTE]
I think its a great idea. I was looking for girls who went to the South Fl. institute of reproductive health but search revealed no results…

Name:[COLOR=“DarkSlateBlue”] [COLOR=“Red”]Jessica
Age: [COLOR=“DarkSlateBlue”]29 (was 27 when eggs were retrieved)
How long TTC:[COLOR=“DarkSlateBlue”] about 1.5 yrs of treatments
Diagnosis or any known issues: [COLOR=“DarkSlateBlue”]PCOS, Hypothyroid, MTHFR, MFI
Name of Clinic: [COLOR=“DarkSlateBlue”]Conceptions Reproductive in Colorado
Name of Doctor: [COLOR=“DarkSlateBlue”]Dr. Swanson
Treatments you tried before IVF: [COLOR=“DarkSlateBlue”]IUI, IVF and 2FET (2nd Fresh worked)
How many IVF did you do before success: [COLOR=“DarkSlateBlue”]see above
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: [COLOR=“DarkSlateBlue”]no
Protocol (meds taken): [COLOR=“DarkSlateBlue”]Geez, its been a while… Lupron, Menopur, Estrace, PEO, Synthroid, and Prednisone
How many follicles at ER: [COLOR=“DarkSlateBlue”]Not sure
How many eggs retrieved: [COLOR=“DarkSlateBlue”]21
How many eggs fertilized:[COLOR=“DarkSlateBlue”]16 (had a total of 9 high quality blasts)
How many days between ER and ET: [COLOR=“DarkSlateBlue”]5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:[COLOR=“DarkSlateBlue”] 2 AA hatching blasts
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: [COLOR=“DarkSlateBlue”]NONE
What day you got your BFP: [COLOR=“DarkSlateBlue”]6dp5dt
HPT before blood test:[COLOR=“DarkSlateBlue”] YES!! FRER only!
Number of first beta: [COLOR=“DarkSlateBlue”]8dp5dt 117
Number of babies: [COLOR=“DarkSlateBlue”]2- twin girls! My little miracles
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! I was so naive before we started the process and thought I would be pregnant immediately. I wish we wouldn’t have told people we were TTC so early on because I just felt like we were letting people down. We didn’t tell people with our 2nd fresh (successful) cycle and didn’t tell people again with our current cycle. I did, however, find it very therapeutic to read these forums and learn everything I could before undergoing treatment! I couldn’t have gone through all this without the support from this forum!

Name: Joy
How long TTC: 3 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Unexplained Infertility
Name of Clinic: Reproductive Partners San Diego
Name of Doctor:Garzo & Conway
Treatments you tried before IVF: 9 IUIs
How many IVF did you do before success: 1, but got pregnant on my own before starting 2nd frozen cycle
Protocol (meds taken): Menopur, Follistim, Progesterone
How many follicles at ER: 13
How many eggs retrieved: 13
How many eggs fertilized:5
How many days between ER and ET:5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:2 great quality
Symptoms or issues during 2WW:none
What day you got your BFP:not till after IVF cycle
HPT before blood test: No
Number of first beta:3000
Number of babies:1, I think
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: Don’t give up. I still am in shock that I am actually pregnant. I had an ultrasound after having a negative beta on cycle day 36. Then the doctor saw a halo and I got a beta of 3000 on cycle day 51.:woohoo: :clap: I’m :preg: !