List your IVF Success Here! (Successes only please, not chat)

Name: Amber
How long TTC: 3 1/2 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Stage IV endometriosis and DH low count motility and morphology
Treatments you tried before IVF: ovulation tracking
How many IVF did you do before success: 1
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken): BCP, Lupron, follistim, menopur, prgnayl, estrogen patches, progesterone shots and suppositories
How many follicles at ER: 33
How many eggs retrieved: 27
How many eggs fertilized: 19, 11 snowbabies
How many days between ER and ET: 3 months
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 AA and 1 AB
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Some cramping, fatigue, sore boobs and some wonderful mood swings.
What day you got your BFP: 12/7
HPT before blood test: I tried to hold off but the night before the blood test my husband wanted me to do it because we would not be together when the doctor called with the results. It ment so much to both of us that we were there together!
Number of first beta: 360
Number of babies: 2
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! It is hard to talk to friends and family about IVF and the struggles when they have never been through it themselves. I didn’t find this site till I was pregnant, it would have been wonderful to have other people going through the same thing I was. Other then that take it easy but keep moving and try to keep life going as normal it helps the time pass.-

Name: Erin
How long TTC: 3.5yrs
Diagnosis or any known issues: DOR/high FSH (highest unmedicated=18), AMH “less than 0.1” (which is part of why I don’t think AMH is a valid test…), scarred tubes
Treatments you tried before IVF: TTC naturally before we learned of the tubal adhesions
How many IVF did you do before success: 3 (4th time was the charm!)
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no
Protocol (meds taken): EPP with low stims- follistim and menopur, MDL, co-culture
How many follicles at ER: not sure
How many eggs retrieved: 3
How many eggs fertilized: 3, all were mature, all 3 fertilized
How many days between ER and ET: 3
How many and quality/rating of embryos transferred - 1 8 cell and 1 7 cell, both with minimal fragmentation.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Period-like cramping
What day you got your BFP: 13dpo
HPT before blood test: Yes- many :). I tested every day to test down the trigger, but it never went completely negative. Line started getting darker around 9dpo.
Number of first beta: 113.5 (13dpo)
Number of babies: 1 beautiful girl who is now 3wks old :slight_smile:
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process? Make sure you go to the best clinic [B]for your diagnosis[/B]. Just because a clinic has a good overall reputation does not mean that they specialize in your issue. I am now a huge believer in low stim protocols for DOR/high FSH. I got as many or more eggs and much better fertilization with low stim over high stim and I know of many other women who had this same experience. Find a doctor that believes he has a chance of succeeding with you- I cycled at what is supposed to be “the best” clinic in the US with “the best” RE in the country. He didn’t really think he could succeed, and it was my worst cycle ever by far. Dr. Davis at Cornell believed I could succeed and I did! Finally, don’t necessarily believe REs when they say DE is your only option. DE is a great option, but not necessarily the only one for many of us. Wishing everyone much success on your journey- it can be a lonely road but so worth it in the end!

Name: Annalee
How long TTC: 4.5yrs
Diagnosis or any known issues: endo, mthfr, severe MF
Treatments you tried before IVF: 2 iui, clomid, laparoscopy, varicolectomy (dh)
How many IVF did you do before success: 2nd time worked
Protocol (meds taken): lupron, gonal-f, PIO, z-pack, lovenox, babu asprin
How many follicles at ER:11
How many eggs retrieved: 9 (5 mature)
How many eggs fertilized: 3
How many days between ER and ET: 2
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 3 grade 2 (4cell)
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: af like cramps, sore bbs, light nausea, hot flashes, metalic taste, extra saliva
What day you got your BFP: 10dp2dt
HPT before blood test: no way!!
Number of first beta: 250!!
Number of babies: just 1 perfect baby
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started
this process? Since I had my previous IVF I was already fairly
educated on the process

How long TTC: [B]2.5 years[/B]
Diagnosis or any known issues: [B]2003 Crohns Disease with previous surgeries including recto/vaginal repair, 2012 ruptured ectopic lost right tube, extensive abdominal adhesions[/B]
Name of Clinic: [B]TasIVF[/B]
Name of Doctor: [B]Bill Watkins[/B]
Treatments you tried before IVF: Nil
How many IVF did you do before success:[B]1st time[/B]
Are you using donor eggs or sperm:[B]No[/B]
Protocol (meds taken): [B]Puregon 125 iui (stim), Orgalutran (stop ovulation), Ovidril (trigger), vaginal progesterone gel (post transfer for 12 days)[/B]
How many follicles at ER: [B]24[/B]
How many eggs retrieved: [B]11[/B]
How many eggs fertilized: [B]10 of which 7 were viable[/B]
How many days between ER and ET: [B]3[/B]
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: [B]1 not sure of rating[/B]
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: [B]Cramping, increased thirst, tired around what would be implanting dates[/B]
What day you got your BFP: [B]15[/B]
HPT before blood test: [B]Yes, 2![/B]
Number of first beta: [B]1504[/B]
Number of babies: [B]1[/B]
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: [B]Period like cramps do not always mean it’s over, I still have them now at nearly 7 weeks and I hear they can continue throughout pregnancy.[/B]

[B]IVF #1, January 2013[/B]

Begin Puregon – 20/1
ER – 1/2/13
ET - 4/2/13, 1 embryo transferred
19/2 :bfp: !!
19/2 Beta #1 - 1504
1st u/s – 28/2 – heartbeat 104bpm :preg:

Name: Chiquita
How long TTC:32 months
Diagnosis or any known issues: Blocked tubes
Treatments you tried before IVF: Chinese medicine
How many IVF did you do before success: 1
Protocol (meds taken): Menopur, Decapeptyl
How many follicles at ER:???
How many eggs retrieved:4
How many eggs fertilized:3
How many days between ER and ET:3
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:2 grade A, 1 grade B embryos
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: 3 painful stabs of pain at 3dp3dt (implantation?), constant cramping from 11dp3dt until 13dp3dt
What day you got your BFP: 13 days past 3-day transfer
HPT before blood test: Yes +
Number of first beta: Will know later today
Number of babies: Don’t know yet

How long TTC: 4 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: MF, one blocked tube
Treatments you tried before IVF: 2 IUIs
How many IVF did you do before success: Second one worked
Protocol (meds taken): Lupron, Gonal F, Menopur, HCG shot
How many follicles at ER:Not sure
How many eggs retrieved: 12
How many eggs fertilized: 5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 4 embryos, average quality. Only one 8 cell.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Had all AF symptoms! I cried because I was sure it was coming. In addition, I had dry mouth and craved sour things, but towards the end of 2ww.
What day you got your BFP:
HPT before blood test: No
Number of first beta: 86
Number of babies: 1
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! Pray as much as possible. The doctor can transfer embryos, but it’s God Who gives them life.

How long TTC: 2.5 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: lean PCOS
Treatments you tried before IVF: clomid, femara, injects, IUI
How many IVF did you do before success: 2nd fresh was success (1st fresh was chemical, FET was BFN)
Protocol (meds taken): long lupron (zpac, lupron, menopur, follistim, dex/medrol, ovidrel, pio)
How many follicles at ER: 40 follicles trigger day, e2 6886 (8544 next day)
How many eggs retrieved: 28, all mature
How many eggs fertilized: 24
How many days between ER and ET: 5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 grade “B” blasts, have 2 frozen on day 6.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: had early and late onset OHSS. Also had distinct pinching, a sore throat and canker sore that only lasted a couple of days which I thought was suspicious.
What day you got your BFP: 4dp5dt (9dpo)
HPT before blood test: about a thousand of them!
Number of first beta: 14dpo: 350, 16dpo: 676, 19dpo: 1946
Number of babies: 2 little boys!!!
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process?: that while devastating, just because it doesn’t work on the first (or even the second) try doesn’t mean all hope should be lost. IVF is still a relatively new procedure and a lot of it is trial and error for the doctors. There are so many changes that can be made that can end up being all the difference, and your sticky BFP.

And for some advice to those starting this journey: learn as much as you can about your diagnosis and the IVF process itself, including meds and protocols, etc…be your own advocate (be the squeaky wheel!!!) and if something doesn’t feel/seem right, speak up to your doctor/nurse and don’t be afraid to ask questions. Befriend women who are going through the same thing to help you get through the process. And finally, while it can be hard, keep stress at bay during your cycle. Celebrate one day/appointment at a time and reaching EACH milestone…because all of them are an important step closer to your THB!!! Good luck to everyone!!!

A Note To The Administrator

Can you please add within the points for this thread ‘a hospital and a dr. name of the successful IVF cycle’, like what has been done for IVF success 40 and over.

THank you

Name: Melissa
Diagnosis or any known issues: DOR (Diminished Ovarian Reserve), dh has low sperm morphology
Treatments you tried before IVF: 4 IUI’s
How many IVF did you do before success: 1, 2nd was successful
Doctor/Hospital:
Protocol (meds taken): EPP + Antagonist: estrace, gonal-f, menopur, ganirelix
How many follicles at ER: 17
How many eggs retrieved: 17
How many eggs fertilized: 10 (only 2 made it to day 3)
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 Grade A-8 Cell, perfect embryos!
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: I was extremely tired, menstrual like cramps and very sore breasts
What day you got your BFP: 9dp3d
HPT before blood test: Yes, on 9dp3d
Number of first beta: 302 on 11dp3d
Number of babies: 2, a beautiful son and daughter that are 10 weeks old
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! It really helped me to talk with people that understood what I was going through. This forum really helped me because everybody could relate to how I was feeling and understood the process. There were many times I started to lose hope and was thinking very negatively. I am a strong believer in everything happens for a reason but I started questioning what the reason was and became very angry. My biggest advice is to keep your faith and your dream alive. Make sure you talk and express your feelings as this is a very difficult journey. Going through 2 IVF’s was the most difficult thing I have ever done but I am now blessed with two beautiful healthy babies and wouldn’t trade the experience for anything!

Name: hopefaith
How long TTC: 2yrs
Diagnosis or any known issues: MF, first try lining didn’t get thick enough for implantation
Treatments you tried before IVF: None, just ovulation tracking.
How many IVF did you do before success: 1 IVF, 1 FET, FET WORKED
Doctor/Hospital:
Protocol (meds taken): BC, Lupron, Menapor, Follistim, Baby Asprin, progest.
How many follicles at ER: 22
How many eggs retrieved: 22
How many eggs fertilized: 17
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 perfect blasts first IVF, 2 perfect blasts FET.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: NONE!! except 1 day of spotting thought it hadn’t worked
What day you got your BFP: 6dpt
HPT before blood test: yes 6dpt and every day after and line got darker and darker:)
Number of first beta: 575, and second check was over 5,000 (twins?)
Number of babies: 2
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! That I could spot during the 2WW and after quite a bit! and it was ok. told me common with twins. and that i would have NO symptoms pretty much even with twins, thought cause my boobs didn’t hurt much it didn’t work. That it is a stressful process but have hope and faith it will work! I thought after my first failed IVF it may never happen and wasn’t too hopeful that my FET would work and it did!! my boy/girl twins are now 3 months old and beautiful healthy babies:) stay strong and positive, i know easier said then done, these forums helped me alot through my process which is why i wanted to share my experience. I also encourage you to freeze and store your eggs. good luck to you all!!!

Name: Ann

How long TTC: 2.5 years

Diagnosis or any known issues: Sever MFI–low count, low morph, low everything! 2nd RE suggested I had a diminished reserve

Treatments you tried before IVF: 4 IUI–1 with clomid

How many IVF did you do before success: 2nd one worked

Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No–1st RE said donor sperm was the only way we would ever get pregnant but our 2nd RE tried with my DH’s sperm and it worked!

Doctor/Hospital: Sher Institute for Reproductive Medicine–St. Louis/Dr. Peter Ahlering

Protocol (meds taken):lupron, Follistim, POI

How many follicles at ER: 14

How many eggs retrieved: 14

How many eggs fertilized: 9

How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 grade 1 embies

Symptoms or issues during 2WW: While at Walmart one day (picking up a HPT) I smelled the chicken in the Deli from the other side of the store!!! Other than that one instance of heightened sense of smell, nothing!

What day you got your BFP: 8 days after transfer (13 days past retrieval)

HPT before blood test: Yes–on the two beta days and BOTH were negative.

Number of first beta: 20-10 dpo quadrupled to 90 13 dpo

Number of babies: 2–in one gestational sac means identical twins.

Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process? Relax and don’t give up hope if it doesn’t work the first time…I was devastated when our first one failed.

Cancun Fertility center

I’m 47, and we tried to get pregnant on our own and also with a previous IVF and they were not successful. We found a website called “Medical passport”, which has a link to Cancun Fertility Center located in the beautiful city of Cancun–we are from the states, so why not a vacation as well? It is a super modern, state-of-the-art clinic! Their protocol is very advanced–they even inject HCG at the time of of transfer. The staff is superb, kind, warm–almost family. Dr. Pagaza is awesome. He is sweet and gives you a lot of time. We used donor eggs–we were able to pick her from pictures. We did our transfer in March 2013 and we are now almost 5 weeks pregnant with TWINS!! The cost was about 7k.

My success story

Name:Hope_full_83

How long TTC:5 years

Diagnosis or any known issues:none

Treatments you tried before IVF:clomid, iui with clomid & injectables

How many IVF did you do before success:first one worked

Are you using donor eggs or sperm:No

Doctor/Hospital: Dr Friedman, Ohio reproductive medicine

Protocol (meds taken):bcp,lupron,bravelle,novarel

How many follicles at ER:9

How many eggs retrieved:11

How many eggs fertilized:7

How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:
2 grade 1 embryos
Symptoms or issues during 2WW:none

What day you got your BFP:8dp3t

HPT before blood test:yes

Number of first beta:454

Number of babies:started with 2 ,lost 1 @ 8weeks

Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process?
I was prepared for the roller coaster ride but the only thing I didn’t expect is the tht the ride would be too long. I had 2 natural pregnancies that ended with miscarriages. Then we couldn’t get pregnant with clomid, Iui etc. finally we started IVF . I was hoping for 5 day transfer but ended up with a 3 day transfer. On the 4th day I recieved a call from the dr office saying none of the remaining embryos made it to freeze . I was so devastated about it . I kept praying & hoping tht the ones tht were transferred would stick . Sure enough I got a BFP . But my ride didn’t end there given my past history I was worried till the u/s @ 6 weeks. 3 days before my u/s I started spotting & I spent sleepless nights till my u/s . At 6 weeks we found 2 h/b’s . Then @ 8 weeks u/s @ my ob office we got bad news tht one of twins h/b stopped. I was a nervous wreck until I crossed the 1st trimester(infant had u/s fetal heart check almost every week). And then I felt bit better & thought i could enjoy the rest of the pregnancy with the hope that my 20 week scan would go good. At my 20 weeks u/s with my high risk dr office the sonographer said evrything looks great with the baby . but then given my history my high risk dr asked the sonographer to do a cervical length check & sure enough it was short i had only 1.8cm & he said i had a high risk of pre term labor. i took progesterone suppositories & then @ 22 weeks we had a cerclage done.from then on I had literally been counting each day thinking if I will even make it to 24 weeks. When I made it to 24 we took steroid shots. Each day that went by I was happy & finally my daughter came into this world @ 39w3d. In between all this I even had gestational diabetes & was worried tht the baby would be overweight only yo find @ 33 weeks tht my placenta had calcifications than it should be & baby was only in 30th percentile for weight & they sent me to high risk again to do abio physical profile to make sure the blood flow etc all are good . And after I delivered my daughter I thought finally this ride is over I was wrong when I delivered my placenta I had severe blood loss that I had to have a blood transfusion & my haemoglobin dropped to dangerous levels & had to stay an extra day at hospital . Now when I think of those 11 months from the start f IVF to delivery have been the most stressful days in my life. I literally had dr visit almost every single week from 6 weeks onwards & had around 18-20 u/s. But I’m really happy that the ride ended on a good note with my daughter in my arms. The reason I have mentioned all these here is not to scare everyone but to give hope at least to some one that inspite of all these hurdles you can have a bundle of joy in your arms. There were so many times during treatment & pregnancy I have read thru this forum to give me hope so I thought I should share my experience . My wishes & prayers to everyone .

Name: Pam
How long TTC: 3 years from starting to baby
Diagnosis or any known issues: hysterectomy after my first child was born (placenta accreta)
Treatments you tried before IVF: straight to IVF and surrogacy
How many IVF did you do before success: 3 fresh cycles and 2 FETs
Successful IVF details
Protocol (meds taken): gonal, ganirelex, leuveris
How many follicles at ER: ?
How many eggs retrieved: 11
How many eggs fertilized:11
How many days between ER and ET:3 days and then another transfer at 5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 3 day and 1 blast transferred

Number of first beta:117
Number of babies:1
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process!

I was cocky thinking that it would work on the first try and very uneducated about IVF in general since I was “fertile,” but just missing the uterus. It was a difficult path and I wish I’d known more about the mechanics of IVF on my first two tries so that I could question my drs. We had 22 embryos on our first shot and we should have grown them to blast. I didn’t know a blast from my elbow! So educate yourself!

Name: Angela

How long TTC: 5 yrs

Diagnosis or any known issues: MFI (found out in 2009)

Treatments you tried before IVF: 2 IUI

How many IVF did you do before success: 3IVF, 1 FET

Are you using donor eggs or sperm:NO

Doctor/Hospital:Baystate Reproductive, Springfield MA

Protocol (meds taken):

How many follicles at ER:

How many eggs retrieved: 11

How many eggs fertilized: 6

How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:3 6-cell

Symptoms or issues during 2WW: None

What day you got your BFP: 13 days past ER/ HPT

HPT before blood test: Yes

Number of first beta:121

Number of babies:1 and a vanishing twin. Baby boy born 2/6/13.

Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process? You need to find a clinic that your comfortable at. To me that was the most improtant lesson from all this. I was not completely comfortable with my first clinic and decided to switch and it worked. Don’t drive yourself crazy over every little thing that you are/aren’t supposed to do. Go about your normal routine in the 2WW. Stick with it. Your time will come. I still can’t believe baby boy is here.

Request

Hello,

Could we also add a question if the porcedure was IVF or IVF with ICSI.

Thank you!
TTCWGH

Name: poppet

How long TTC: 10 years

Diagnosis or any known issues: AZOO

Treatments you tried before IVF: 2 IUI’s

How many IVF did you do before success: 3rd success

Doctor/Hospital: BIoart in South Africa

Protocol (meds taken): LUpron, Menopur

How many follicles at ER:

How many eggs retrieved: 7

How many eggs fertilized: 6

How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 4 no gradings given

Symptoms or issues during 2WW: cramping

What day you got your BFP: 9DP3DT
HPT before blood test: yes

Number of first beta: 156

Number of babies: 3 gorgeous healthy boys

If you don’t feel happy with your clinic -investigate others! We wasted 2 cycles at a clinic that according to our new clinic was a complete waste of our time!
Beta numbers can completely fool you. Mine only just doubled and I had trips!!!
Reading the success thread actually got me really down as most of the successes were on the 1st and 2nd try. So going into number 3 I was really nervous!

Twins!

Name:Katie and Matt
How long TTC: 3 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: MTHFR
Treatments you tried before IVF: 4IUI
How many IVF did you do before success: 4
Are you using donor eggs or sperm:N
Protocol (meds taken): Gonal F AM and PM
How many follicles at ER: 15
How many eggs retrieved:11
How many eggs fertilized:6
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:2
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: We retrieved on 12/30 and I “knew” on 1/6 that it had worked! I felt pulling, cramping and odd movements
What day you got your BFP:1/11/13
HPT before blood test: yes - 1/9/13
Number of first beta: 66.5
Number of babies: 2 IDENTICAL twin GIRLS :preg::preg:

I would have loved to have been more aware that it doesn’t always work on the first try. Have you gallbladder checked - I just had mine out at 21 weeks - everyone is okay!

I loved my Dr.from RSC he was GREAT! He personally called after each cycle and again when we found out that they were IDENTICAL twins - his team was wonderful too. I am lucky to have a great support network and they were a huge help through the process and now with the pregnancy.

Name: Kat

Diagnosis or any known issues:
Endometriosis and moderate to severe male factor infertility

Treatments you tried before IVF: 3 IUI’s

How many IVF did you do before success:
The 3rd time was a charm

Doctor/Hospital: U.S.

Protocol (meds taken): Lupron, Follistim, Luveris

How many follicles at ER: 25

How many eggs retrieved: 30

How many eggs fertilized: 13 :grr:

How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:
Delayed embryos, so “poor” quality by my clinic’s standards. One early blast and a morula were transferred. The senior RE seemed pretty pessimistic, telling us that if this didn’t work, we should look at egg donors…

Symptoms or issues during 2WW: cramping, brown spotting 9dpt

What day you got your BFP: 10dp5dt
HPT before blood test: yes

Number of first beta: 70 (at 11dp5dt…a late implanter)

Number of babies: 1 beautiful baby girl

Miracles can happen to you too. Having female and male factor infertility is a tough road, and do not be surprised if it takes more than one cycle before you are pregnant. Imperfect embryos can grow into healthy babies. :slight_smile:

Though I would finally post my success. . .

Name: Amanda

How long TTC: 3 years for this pregnancy

Diagnosis or any known issues: Small left ovary, possibility of a partially blocked tube, blood clothing disorder, slightly low AMH (1.24)

Treatments you tried before IVF: 9 months of IUIs

How many IVF did you do before success: one and only

Doctor/Hospital: Dr. Gehlbach at Reproductive Resource Center in KS

Protocol (meds taken): 300 Gonal F, 150 Menapur, Centrotide, Heparin, & Crinone

How many follicles at ER: don’t know

How many eggs retrieved: 14

How many eggs fertilized: 11

How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: Transferred 2 Grade 5AA blasts

Symptoms or issues during 2WW: lots of lower back pain, sensitive/bleeding gums, headaches, AF like cramping, dry nose. My lower back pain was the most significant symptom

What day you got your BFP: 10dp5dt
HPT before blood test: yes the morning of my blood test

Number of first beta: 204. 2 days later it was 345 (63 hour doubling time. After another 2 days it was 601 (59 hour doubling time)

Number of babies: 2 wonderful boys

The doubling time is not exact. I was beyond stressed at my doubling time. . .to the point of where I was 100% prepared for a MC or ectopic. Needless to say I was VERY surprised to see that I was having twins. Anything is possible! Keep the faith!