List your IVF Success Here! (Successes only please, not chat)

Hello all! I just wanted to get on here and show my support because I know how hard infertility is! Best of luck everyone!

Name: Caroline
How long TTC: 2 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Closed right tube
Treatments you tried before IVF: 4 Failed IUI’s:grr:
How many IVF did you do before success: 0
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken): follistim(200) medopur progesterone
How many follicles at ER: 11
How many eggs retrieved: 11
How many eggs fertilized: 8
How many days between ER and ET: 5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:2 blasts fair to good grade
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Very FAINT AF cramping! I would of thought because I was so in tune with my body and educated on “supposed symptoms” of pregnancy I would know but when the doctor called and told me I was pregnant I did not believe it! No symptoms like some people claim they have. I think a lot of people mentally make themselves sick (seriously!) lol
What day you got your BFP: May 30th 2013:bfp:
HPT before blood test: NO don’t do it!
Number of first beta: 1st: 248 2nd: 436
Number of babies: not sure yet!
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process!
I’ll just tell you my honest opinion on some things. Don’t waste your time and money on IUI. If you can’t get pregnant having regular sex after say 3 years, go straight to ivf. I’m in the military so IUIs were covered completely so that’s why we did it first (and there was a year wait for ivf) but it was a waste of time in my opinion. There are some success stories though. Find a clinic that only transfers day 5 blasts. That’s just my opinion. I got pregnant 1 st attempt and so do most women who use this clinic because they just transfer 5 day blasts (unless they are arresting before that) but they don’t have as good success with the day 3. After IVF ate pineapple and pineapple core, dried pineapple and pineapple juice. Not over kill but enough! Sweet potatoes and lots of iron and protein rich foods! No caffeine no smoking no alcohol. Rested pretty easy for 48 hours after transfer. During the 2 ww I really was calm and put it in Gods hands.
Best of luck everyone! Stay positive!:bsv: :bfp: :cheer: :babydust: :clap:

Keep HOPE

Name: Nellie

How long TTC: 8 years

Diagnosis or any known issues: PCOS (only symptom was annovulation). 7 years after diagnosis found out I had insulin resistance.

Treatments you tried before IVF: 1 year of clomid with no ovulation. 3 IUI’s withFSH injections, 1 IUI with clomid. (no ovulation on any of the 4 attempts. 1 IVF with no transfer due to hyperstimulation. 1 FET ended with chemical. 1 FET failed. was on metformin for the IUI with clomid cycle and the currnt IVF cycle.) Had a diagnostic laproscopy (nothing found). Had a polypectomy to remove three polyps. Had a hysteroscopy to remove thickened endometrial tissue before this IVF.

How many IVF did you do before success: one IVF with no transfer, 2 FET.

Doctor/Hospital: Dr. Metha (Frisco Reproductive). Delivering at Baylor All Saints, Ft. Worth TX

Protocol (meds taken):Lupron, Gonal F, Menopur, HCG trigger, PIO, Estrace, and metformin.

How many follicles at ER: 13 were counted.

How many eggs retrieved: 7

How many eggs fertilized: 4 and 1 abnormally

How many days between ER and ET: 3

How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: Transferred 2 8 cell embryos

Symptoms or issues during 2WW: small amount of cramping, excessive saliva, and tired.

What day you got your BFP: 11/3/13 6dp3dt

Number of first beta: 247 11dp3dt

Number of babies:1 beautiful boy!

Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process?

The doubling time doesn’t have to be exactly 24 hours. Mine was doubling time of like 69 hours between my first two betas. I cried, stressed out, and just felt like it was a failure… but here I am with a baby boy with hiccups inside me!!:preg:

I finally feel comfortable posting this now that my baby girl is here.

Name: D

How long TTC: 6 years

Diagnosis or any known issues: Blocked left tube. Irregular periods & annovulation

Treatments you tried before IVF: 4 cycles of clomid with iui & 1 cycle of clomid/menopur with iui which gave us our son. When we went back for baby#2 we did 2 cycles of clomid/menopur & iui and 2 cycles of menopur & iui with no success so we moved onto IVF.

How many IVF did you do before success: First time was a success

Doctor/Hospital: Dr Yoo (Kaiser Permanente) & Reproductive Partners UCSD

Protocol (meds taken): Antagonist: BCP, baby aspirin, menopur, follistim, dexamethasone, Ganirelix, Estrace, PIO, prednisone; 48 hours of bed rest after ET.

How many follicles at ER: ?

How many eggs retrieved: 9

How many eggs fertilized: 8 with ICSI

How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: Transferred 2 blasts

Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Period like cramps

What day you got your BFP: 7dp5dt

Number of first beta: 74 @10dp5dt

Number of babies:1 beautiful girl!

Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process? IVF can seem overwhelming but try to relax as much as you can and stay positive.

Name: Camila

How long TTC: 1.5 years

Diagnosis or any known issues: Blocked right tube. Possible (not likely) effect of chemotherapy. Low morphology.

Treatments you tried before IVF: 1 IUI with clomid

How many IVF did you do before success: First time was a success

Doctor/Hospital: Dr Frattarelli

Protocol (meds taken): 450IU follistim, 225IU Menopur

How many follicles at ER: don’t know

How many eggs retrieved: 16 total/ 14 mature

How many eggs fertilized: 14 with ICSI

How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 ‘fair’ blasts

Symptoms or issues during 2WW: my symptom was having no symptoms at all, not even PMS cramps.

What day you got your BFP: 7dp5dt

Number of first beta: 333 @10dp5dt

Number of babies: 2!!!

Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process? Find a very good doctor and let him take the decisions and trust him/her. During my IUI I was seeing a different doctor that I couldn’t really trust and it was very stressful for me having to check on everything he was telling me. I am a control freak and I have access to medical journals plus google, so I can’t even tell you how many hours I’ve spent looking for information. However, when it was time for my IVF I didn’t allow myself to check anything online. It was a great relief to let someone else be in control.

Name: Patty
How long TTC: 2 yrs
Diagnosis or any known issues: MFI/low count
Treatments you tried before IVF: 4 cycles clomid, 3 IUI’s
How many IVF did you do before success: The first one worked :cheer:
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: NO
Protocol (meds taken): Long Lupron Protocol ( BCP, Lupron, Menopure, Ovidrel, Gonal-f, Progesterone)
How many follicles at ER: Around 18
How many eggs retrieved: 12
How many eggs fertilized: Only 3
How many days between ER and ET: 3 days
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 3 embryos ( 1, Grade A, 5 cell with no fragmentation, 1, 4 cell with 5 % fragmentation, 1 6 cell with 10 % fragmentation.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Very bad cramps 2 days after ET ( That’s how I knew)
What day you got your BFP: 10days after 3dET
HPT before blood test: YES, 10days after 3dET
Number of first beta: 270, 2nd beta 3669
Number of babies: 2, but we lost one of them to Vanishing Twin Syndrome. Now only one healthy baby on the way
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! That the progesterone injections hurt and bruise a lot. I just would like you to know that you really need to be positive and please trust your Dr, if you don’t , find a new one. The process is really hard, but the harder part starts when you get pregnant. I don’t regret any of the pain, this is the most important decesion I’ve ever made and the best $20,000 I’ve spent. Don’t lose HOPE, just beleive, things will work out for you too.

I FINALLY feel comfortable posting this now that my baby is here!!! I meant to do it a while back, but I kept forgetting :slight_smile:

Name: Cori

How long TTC: 1yr

Diagnosis or any known issues: Blocked tube (right side).
Treatments you tried before IVF: IUI, but I kept ovulating on the right side (the blocked side), so it never worked. After 4 disappointing rounds, we decided to bite the bullet and go with IVF.

How many IVF did you do before success: First one was a charm. Thank God!

Protocol (meds taken): Follistum, and others. I honestly don’t remeber all of it.

How many follicles at ER: 18

How many eggs retrieved: 18!

How many eggs fertilized: 10

How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: They were good quality - I don’t remember the ratings.

Symptoms or issues during 2WW: ANXIETY!!! And I had caught a cold and was terrified it would ruin my chances!!

What day you got your BFP: Dec. 28, 2011
HPT before blood test: Yes and it was NEGATIVE! I was crushed!!! So, resist the urge, ladies!!

Number of first beta: 59

Number of babies: One

Can’t believe I can post this!!!

Name: Marie

How long TTC: 4 Years

Diagnosis or any known issues: Stage 4 endometriosis, no Fallopian tubes, one ovary

Treatments you tried before IVF: 2 laparoscopy’s/1 laparotomy

How many IVF did you do before success: three

Doctor/Hospital: Dr Kiltz at CNY Fertility

Protocol (meds taken): 525mg Follistim, 75mg Menopur, Ganirelix, Intralipids, 81mg aspirin,

How many follicles at ER: 13

How many eggs retrieved: 8

How many eggs fertilized: 4

How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: Transferred 1 Grade 4AA blast and 1 morula

Symptoms or issues during 2WW: nausea 2 days PT.

What day you got your BFP: 5dp5dt
HPT before blood test: yes, five days after transfer

Number of first beta: 79 8dp5dt. 172 10dp5dt

Number of babies: 1 little miracle

Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process? Be your own advocate - don’t believe everything the doctors tell you. Do lots of research and have a good support system!

Name: [COLOR=“DarkSlateBlue”]Gen
How long TTC: [COLOR=“DarkSlateBlue”]4 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: [COLOR=“DarkSlateBlue”]Lesbian couple, so, um, little exposure to sperm! Also PCOS
Treatments you tried before IVF: [COLOR=“DarkSlateBlue”]Natural IUIs, IUIs with clomid, IUIs with injectibles
How many IVF did you do before success: [COLOR=“DarkSlateBlue”]This was our very first IVF cycle
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: [COLOR=“DarkSlateBlue”]Definitely donor sperm
Protocol (meds taken): [COLOR=“DarkSlateBlue”] Antagonist, with Gonal-F
How many follicles at ER: [COLOR=“DarkSlateBlue”]17
How many eggs retrieved: [COLOR=“DarkSlateBlue”]8
How many eggs fertilized: [COLOR=“DarkSlateBlue”]6
How many days between ER and ET: [COLOR=“DarkSlateBlue”]5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: [COLOR=“DarkSlateBlue”]2 transferred, one “good”, one "fair"
Symptoms or issues during 2WW:[COLOR=“DarkSlateBlue”] lots of bloating, constipation, extreme BB sensitivity
What day you got your BFP: [COLOR=“DarkSlateBlue”]6dp5dt
HPT before blood test: [COLOR=“DarkSlateBlue”]oh yes
Number of first beta:[COLOR=“DarkSlateBlue”] 435 at 17dp5dt
Number of babies:[COLOR=“DarkSlateBlue”] one or two, we don’t know yet!

LOVE all the BFP on #1!

We go for our first consult in 4 weeks, IVF is our only option and I am LOVING all of the :bfp: on the first IVF cycle. If this one fails it will be a while before we can try again!

:cross: & lots of :pray: that this ONE will be it!

:babydust: :babydust: :babydust:

Success!

I did not want to post until she was here and safe in my arms. But I followed this post through my whole experience. Thank you ladies for your stories, it really gave me hope!

Name: jade
How long TTC: 4 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: lesions in abdominal. Loss of tubes
Treatments you tried before IVF: Natural
How many IVF did you do before success:1 This was our very first IVF cycle
Protocol (meds): ganerelix follistim and menuper
How many follicles at ER: 9
How many eggs retrieved: 9
How many eggs fertilized: 8, icsi and ah.
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 transfered 2 on ice. My doc doesn’t give grades.
Doctor: Jim Thompson and lee caperton
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: sore boobs and tired.
What day you got your BFP: 6dp5dt
HPT before blood test: yes! :woohoo:
Number of first beta: 67 @ 14dp5dt
Number of babies: one :preg:

Name: Jill
How long TTC: 2 1/2 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Me: DOR, low AMH; DH: abnormal morphology
Treatments you tried before IVF: 3 IUIs
How many IVF did you do before success: 1, first try worked!
Protocol (meds taken): Menopur/MicroLupron/Saizen/Follistim
How many follicles at ER: 10
How many eggs retrieved: 10
How many eggs fertilized: 6 via ICSI but only 4 mature, the other 2 never caught up
How many days between ER and ET: Embryos grown for 6 days before frozen. FET approx 3 months after retrieval.
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 embryos. One had already hatched and one was about to hatch. They didn’t give ratings at transfer but both were BB on day 6 when frozen.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: none
What day you got your BFP: 4dp6dt
HPT before blood test: Yes, lots! Started 4dpt and continued everyday until 10dpt beta.
Number of first beta: 665
Number of babies: 2
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! Do your research! If you don’t understand a term or procedure, ask or Google it. Research clinic stats on SART: IVF Success Rates. Go to the best clinic you can afford. Let embryos grow to at least day 5 before transfer. Get embryos PGS tested for chromosomal abnormalities.

Wow, can’t believe I finally get to post on this thread!

Name: Francophile/Anna
How long TTC: 9 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: severe male factor with 0% morph and very low count
Treatments you tried before IVF: IUI with donor sperm, 4 failed cycles
How many IVF did you do before success: first try
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no
Protocol (meds taken): long lupron with gonal f/menopur
How many follicles at ER: 6
How many eggs retrieved: 6
How many eggs fertilized: 4
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: very similar to pms symptoms
What day you got your BFP: 5dp5dt
HPT before blood test: yes many!
Number of first beta: 417 at 13dp5dt
Number of babies: 1
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! Accept that surprises and lack of control are part of the ride and hold on tight. As someone who needs to be in control, this was hard for me

Hi quick question to all the ladies on this forum:

I am in my 2ww and I am experiencing heavy bleeding on my 7th and 8days post a 5day blast transfer. What does that mean?

First time lucky

How long TTC: 18 months
Diagnosis or any known issues: PCOS, endo, ANA antibodies
Treatments you tried before IVF: IUI
How many IVF did you do before success: 1
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no
Protocol (meds taken): perginova, gonal f, cetrotide, ovidrel, cyclogest, meticorten
How many follicles at ER: 14?
How many eggs retrieved: 10
How many eggs fertilized: 9
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2blasts
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: none
What day you got your BFP: 11dp5dt
HPT before blood test: no
Number of first beta: 510 11dp5dt
Number of babies: 2
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! Thought it would be harder physically, but wasn’t at all. For me the hardest part was the wait between retrieval en transfer not knowing whether our embryos would make it to blasts. Glad I went on with ‘life as usual’ Keeping busy makes the wait easier

Twins after male factor infertility

[B]Name:[/B] Nicole

[B]Age: [/B]32

[B]How long TTC:[/B] 1 year before seeing RE

[B]Diagnosis or any known issues:[/B] Main problem – poor sperm count, motility and morphology. Also discovered that I have low AMH (0.84) and two one gene mutations (Factor V (5) mutation and MTHFR), and Hashimoto’s (antithyroid antibodies). It might look like I have a long list of problems but RE thought the main issue was with the sperm.

[B]Treatments you tried before IVF: [/B]3 IUIs and 1 IVF – all BFNs, 2nd IVF worked

[B]How many IVF did you do before success: [/B]1st IVF resulted in BFN

[B]Are you using donor eggs or sperm:[/B] No

[B]Doctor/Hospital:[/B] Dr. Jeff Wang, Sher Institute of Reproductive Medicine, NYC. First failed IVF was at Columbia.

[B]Protocol (meds taken):[/B] 300 Folistim, 75 Menapur, Birth Control for one week, steroid during 2WW

[B]How many follicles at ER:[/B] 8

[B]How many eggs retrieved:[/B] 8, 7 mature

[B]How many eggs fertilized: [/B]7

[B]How many days between ER and ET:[/B] 5 (on day 3 had 3-7 cell, 1 8-cell, 1 10-cell, 1 4-cell). On day five all three 7-cell ones were good quality blasts

[B]How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:[/B] Transferred 2 Grade 2 blasts

[B]Symptoms or issues during 2WW:[/B] almost no symptoms. 2 days before beta strong period like cramps. Pulling feeling in the abdomen during the second half of the 2WW.

[B]What day you got your BFP:[/B] The morning of the beta (did not test sooner).

[B]Number of first beta: [/B]Beta #1 (8dp5dt) 82.2, beta #2 (12d5dt) 774

[B]Number of babies:[/B] 2! A baby girl and a baby boy!!!

[B]Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process?
[/B]
Do as much research on your condition as you can. Ask for as many tests as possible. Infertility treatment has so many different components to it and your doctor is busy. You have to be in charge of your own treatment. I found the following particularly important during my IVFs:

[B][I]Antral follicle count:[/I][/B] During my first IVF I had only 5 antral follicles and ended up with only 4 eggs and 2 embryos. It turns out most months I have 8-14 antral follicles, which means it would have been best to cancel first IVF and try for the months with more antral follicles.

[B][I]Follicle size at trigger:[/I][/B] During my first IVF I had large follicles at trigger on day 9 (29-28 mm). At my 2nd and successful IVF my follicles were much smaller on day 8 (20mm or less). It looks like my follicles first time around might have been over mature.

[B][I]Supplements:[/I] [/B]Both me and my husband took a lot of vitamins before 2nd IVF. His count and motility improved (he was taking vitamins in Fertilaid).

[B][I]Try to stay positive and keep the faith:[/I][/B] I know this one is the hardest. I was devastated when the first IVF did not work. But if you have been reading this forum for some time you know that anything is possible. Just keep on doing your homework and do your best with treatments. If money is an issue, try moving to a state that has mandated coverage for IVF. I will keep all of you still in the trenches in my prayers.

[B]Name:[/B] Kari

[B]Age: [/B]33

[B]How long TTC:[/B] 8 cycles before we found out my husbands tubes had scarred over following vasectomy reversal.

[B]Diagnosis or any known issues:[/B] Vasectomy. First IVF failed. We had our DD after a successful Vasectomy Reversal…after trying to conceive again for 8 cycles we found out his tubes had scarred over.

[B]Treatments you tried before IVF:[/B] Vasectomy Reversal (worked for one!)

[B]How many IVF did you do before success: [/B]2…but had our DD between them conceived naturally.

[B]Are you using donor eggs or sperm:[/B] No

[B]Doctor/Clinic: [/B]Mid-Iowa Fertililty (Dr Cooper) for the successful cycle.

[B]Protocol (meds taken):[/B] BC, Doxycycline, Flagyl, Steroid, Folistim 150, Menopur 150, Ganirelex, PIO

[B]How many follicles at ER:[/B] 9

[B]How many eggs retrieved:[/B] 10, 9 mature

[B]How many eggs fertilized: [/B]8

[B]How many days between ER and ET:[/B] 5

[B]How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:[/B] Transferred 2 blasts grade 4AA & 3AA (froze 2 BB blasts on day 6)

[B]Symptoms or issues during 2WW:[/B] cramping, sore breasts, nausea, very emotional

[B]What day you got your BFP:[/B] 5dp5dt

[B]Number of first beta: [/B]Beta #1 (12dp5dt) 735, Beta #2 (14d5dt) 1800

[B]Number of babies:[/B] 2!

[B]Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process?
[/B]Do as much research before as possible and read others experiences. Look specifically at your clinic’s pregnancy rates and switch clinics if they aren’t up to par! I wish I had known that the first go-around…my first clinic had much lower than national average pregnancy rates but I didn’t know that until this time around at the new clinic (which has pregnancy rates well ABOVE the national average!).

Name: Danielle Age: 40 How long TTC: 1 year Diagnosis or any known issues: Stage 3 endo/age/elevated prolactin/miscarriage/high FSH/low AMH Treatments you tried before IVF: none How many IVF did you do before success: 1 Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No Doctor/Clinic: Weil Cornell NYC: Dr Dan Goldschlag Protocol (meds taken): Estrogen Priming Paych, Folistim 450, Menopur 150, Ganirelex, PIO 1cc How many follicles at ER: 6 mature How many eggs retrieved: 6 How many eggs fertilized: 3 with ICSI How many days between ER and ET: 3 How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: Transferred 3 excellent grade embies: [email protected] 9 cell, [email protected] 8 cell Symptoms or issues during 2WW: cramping, sore breasts, nausea, very emotional, bloated, frequent urination, vivid dreams What day you got your BFP: 8dp3dt with HPT Number of first beta: Beta #1 (11dp3dt) 88.6 Beta #2 (13dp3dt) 114 Beta #3 (14dp3dt) 208 Beta #4 (16dp3dt) 508 Beta #5: (18dp3dt) 1421 Number of babies: unknown but us scheduled for 9-9-13 Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process? SART Research your clinic, their specialties and success rates. Spend time on forums with other women that can relate!

[B]Name:
[B]How Long TTC: [/B]2 years
[B]Diagnosis or any known issues: [/B]Me[B]: [/B]unicornuate uterus, dense adhesions, hydrosalpinx
Husband: low count, low motility
[B]Treatments you tried before IVF:[/B] None. We knew we would need IVF after assing my condition. No way for a sperm or egg to get through that blocked tube.
[B]How many IVF did you do before success: [/B]This one was our first.
[B]Are you using donor eggs or sperm: [/B]No
[B]Protocol (meds taken): [/B]Prenatal vitamin, birth control, Lupron, Follistim and Menopur (both 150 IU), low dose hcg, then 10,000 hcg to trigger
[B]How many follicles at ER: [/B]>50
[B]How many eggs retrieved: [/B]34
[B]How many eggs fertilized: [/B]We did ICSI on 12 of them and inseminated 13 naturally: none of the inseminated ones fertilized, 11 of the ICSI’d ones did, so 11 fertilzed
[B]How many days between ER and ET: [/B]3
[B]How many embryos transferred:[/B] 2 perfect 8-cell embryos
[B]Symptoms or issues during 2WW: [/B]OHSS that got worse after getting pregnant. Became so severe that I was hospitalized for a week, they pulled off 10 liters of fluid in the few days I had a pigtail drain, and I gained 40 pounds of ascites and edema. It was the worst experience of my life. Luckily, my babies stayed fine and now I’m 9 weeks and just 5 pounds over my normal weight. Still a little sore, though.As far as pregnancy, during the 2ww I felt some mild cramping and strange shooting pains in my armpits. I also felt three tiny tugs just under and to the left of my belly button. Lasted about 2 seconds total.
[B]What day you got your BFP: [/B]caved in 8dp3dt, faint positive on First Response and lines got darker throughout the day and every subsequent test. Got a positive cheap digital the next day.
[B]HPT before blood test: [/B]Yes, like 7 of them
[B]Number of first bets:[/B] 318,but my blood was concentrated, so who knows
[B]Number of babies: [/B]2!!
[B]Anything you would have wanted to know before you started this process?:[/B] I would have been more demanding about the OHSS prevention. It was a nightmare. But, I am pregnant now, so I’m happy about that!

Good luck to anyone going through this process. I wouldn’t transfer with any OHSS, though. Yes, your chances of pregnancy may be a little lower if you freeze, but the nightmare of OHSS is not worth it. I’ve never experienced such helpless agony. Anyway, much love to everyone!

Baby dust!!

[B]Name: [/B][B]AnneMarie[/B]
[B]Age: [/B]38 - I turned 38 on ET day :slight_smile:
[B]How Long TTC: [/B]We knew going into marriage that we needed IVF
[B]Diagnosis or any known issues: [/B]Me[B]: [/B]TL, 8 years prior
[B]Treatments you tried before IVF:[/B] None. We knew we would need IVF.
[B]How many IVF did you do before success: [/B]Success the 1st time!!
[B]Are you using donor eggs or sperm: [/B]No
[B]Protocol (meds taken): [/B]Prenatal vitamin, birth control, Lupron, Follistim and Menopur, HCG trigger, then Progesterone.
[B]How many follicles at ER: [/B]26+ (I think)
[B]How many eggs retrieved: [/B][B]23 (I think)[/B]
[B]How many eggs fertilized: [/B]16
[B]How many days between ER and ET: [/B]5
[B]How many embryos transferred:[/B] 2 perfect 8-cell embryos
[B]Symptoms or issues during 2WW: [/B]OHSS that got worse after getting pregnant, I almost figured I was pregnant when it got worse. I got OHSS after ER, then it started getting better, but a few days after ET, it got worse.
[B]What day you got your BFP: [/B]I dont remember anything specific except for anxiety even though I already took two HPT so I knew I was pregnant.
[B]HPT before blood test: [/B]Yes!!! 2 of them :slight_smile:
[B]Number of first bets:[/B] 165 was my 1st, and 265 was my 2nd. I was devastated! I called my nurse crying and she said that I was still positive, but because we transfered two eggs, the numbers might indicate that both implanted and then one stopped progressing and my body would absorb it. That made me feel better, I just wanted to be pregnant! She ordered a 3rd beta and it was in the 500’s.
[B]Number of babies: [/B]2!! Even with my low and none doubling beta numbers, somehow I managed to still have two babies inside of me!!!
[B]Anything you would have wanted to know before you started this process?:[/B] Bleeding is not normal but it happens often. At about 5 weeks I started bleeding, called my RE nurse and she said that some bleeding after IVF is normal and not to worry. I went into my local OB and thats when we found two little heartbeats. That night I had two huge gushes of blood, I mean HUGE, I figured I lost one or both. There was just so much blood all over and quickly rushing out of me. I called my RE again and demanded to be seen. He found that the babies were fine and that I had a very large blood clot inside of my uterus. I found a website with lots of women who had a SCH’s, this helped boost my spirit. Its hard to see blood when you know you are pregnant. I ended up heavily spotting brown blood every day for about 2 months. I am now 24 weeks along and I love feeling my little boy and girl bouncing around inside of me!!!

I read all these success stories all the time during my IVF process and TWW. I lived by everyones stories here. Thank you so much to everyone who posted their story and thank you to everyone reading mine. Good Luck with your success! And try to enjoy to process going along, it seems like a slow thing, but when its over, looking back it went by quickly. My DH and I bonded so much during all the appointments and shots, it was good to go through all that together.

[FONT=Helvetica][B][FONT=Helvetica]Name: [/FONT][/B][FONT=Helvetica]Purplelily[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][B]Age: [/B]32 at treatment, 33 at delivery
[B]How Long TTC: [/B]We knew going into marriage that we needed some treatment
[B]Diagnosis or any known issues: [/B]Severe MF
[B]Treatments you tried before IVF:[/B] Natural Cycle IVF
[B]How many IVF did you do before success: [/B]2 cancelled NCIVFs, but success the first full out IVF
[B]Fertility Doctor/Clinic: [/B]Shady Grove, Dr. Widra[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][B][FONT=Helvetica]Are you using donor eggs or sperm: [/FONT][/B][FONT=Helvetica]No
[B]Protocol (meds taken): [/B]Prenatal vitamins, birth control, Follistim and Menopur, Ganirelix, Pregnyl trigger, then Estrace pills and Progesterone suppositories.
[B]How many follicles at ER: [/B]19
[B]How many eggs retrieved: [/B]12 all mature
[B]How many eggs fertilized: [/B]2 (only fertilized 2, froze 10 eggs)
[B]How many days between ER and ET[/B][B]: [/B]3
[B]How many embryos transferred:[/B] 2 grade 1 embryos
[B]Symptoms or issues during 2WW: [/B]all the tenderness and twinges that could have been AF or a BFP[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][B][FONT=Helvetica]What day you got your BFP: [/FONT][/B][FONT=Helvetica]1[SUP]st[/SUP] Beta 15dp3dt
[B]HPT before blood test: [/B]Yes!!! POAS’d 10d3dt and got a BFP, then did that every morning till the official beta (the thrill of seeing 2 lines never got old)
[B]Number of first bets:[/B] 703 (second was 1492 and third was 6339)
[B]Number of babies: [/B]1 little bean
[B]Anything you would have wanted to know before you started this process?: [/B]It is heart wrenching and every day is waiting for something - a call from the nurse, a fert report, then the 2ww - it will try your patience like nothing you have done before, but it is all so worthwhile.[/FONT][/FONT]