List your IVF Success Here! (Successes only please, not chat)

[FONT=Helvetica][B][FONT=Helvetica]Name: [/FONT][/B][FONT=Helvetica]Jennjack[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][B]Age: [/B]38 at conception, 39 delivery
[B]How Long TTC: [/B]Total time - about 5 years, this one took us 20 months
[B]Diagnosis or any known issues: [/B]MF and Low AMH
[B]Treatments you tried before IVF:[/B] 3 medicated IUI’s (also did 3 with DD but 3rd time was the charm with her)
[B]How many IVF did you do before success: [/B]1st time pregnant, but :wings:at 12 weeks, 2nd BFN, 3rd:bfp:
[B]Fertility Doctor/Clinic: [/B]California IVF, Dr. Z[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][B][FONT=Helvetica]Are you using donor eggs or sperm: [/FONT][/B][FONT=Helvetica]No
[B]Protocol (meds taken): [/B]BC, Follistim/Gonal/Menopur/Femara and Lupron, trigger then progesterone and estrogen til 12 weeks
[B]How many follicles at ER: [/B]12[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]12 all mature[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica][B]How many eggs retrieved: [/B]14 retrieved, only 9 mature
[B]How many eggs fertilized: [/B]9 with ICSI but only 7 grew properly (On day 5 had 5 left, but two stopped growing right before they expanded and one expanded but didn’t have both structures so no baby would have been there)
[B]How many days between ER and ET[/B][B]: [/B]5
[B]How many embryos transferred:[/B] 1 hatching blast and one expanding blast
[B]Symptoms or issues during 2WW: [/B]nothing that wasn’t in my mind[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][B][FONT=Helvetica]What day you got your BFP: [/FONT][/B][FONT=Helvetica]1[SUP]st[/SUP] Beta 8dp5dt
[B]HPT before blood test: [/B]Yes, POAS’d 7d5dt and got a light :bfp: but was too terrified to believe it after the previous miscarriage
[B]Number of first bets:[/B] 51
[B]Number of babies: [/B]1 little boy
[B]Anything you would have wanted to know before you started this process?: [/B]It is totally consuming. While our partners love us they don’t get it as much as they are not the ones living it every second of the day, this community was a life saver for me for 18 months while I was going through all this and TTC#2. There are many ups and downs but in the end it is worth every second.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica][B][FONT=Helvetica]Name: [/FONT][/B]Squishyjones
[FONT=Helvetica][B]Age: [/B]34
[B]How Long TTC: [/B]18 months
[B]Diagnosis or any known issues: [/B]PCOS with ovulatory dysfunction & male factor
[B]Treatments you tried before IVF:[/B] 5 Clomid cycles with TI, 3 IUI’s with Clomid
[B]How many IVF did you do before success: [/B]This was our first one
[B]Fertility Doctor/Clinic: [/B]Dr. Damario[/FONT][/FONT], Reproductive Medicine Center, University of Minnesota Physicians
[FONT=Helvetica][B][FONT=Helvetica]Are you using donor eggs or sperm: [/FONT][/B][FONT=Helvetica]No
[B]Protocol (meds taken): [/B]BCP, Lupron, Menopur, Follistim, Novarel, Endometrin
[B]How many follicles at ER: [/B]22[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica][B]How many eggs retrieved: [/B]15 eggs, 14 mature
[B]How many eggs fertilized: [/B]11 with ICSI
[B]How many days between ER and ET[/B][B]: [/B]3
[B]How many embryos transferred:[/B] 2. One grade 1 and one grade 2. 1 made it to freeze
[B]Symptoms or issues during 2WW: [/B]Mild OHSS went away & then came back[/FONT][/FONT], nausea the evening before beta
[FONT=Helvetica][B][FONT=Helvetica]What day you got your BFP:[/FONT][/B][FONT=Helvetica] Beta 11DP3DT[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][B]HPT before blood test: [/B]No
[B]Number of babies: [/B]Don’t know yet
[B]Anything you would have wanted to know before you started this process?: [/B]It’s go go go until the transfer and then nothing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica], which is expected, but the 2ww was harder than ever since I was confined to the couch for almost 2 weeks because of the mild OHSS! Worth it though :)[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica][B][FONT=Helvetica]Name: [/FONT][/B]Lindsey1980
[FONT=Helvetica][B]Age: [/B][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica]30 {in 2011)[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica][B]How Long TTC: [/B]18 months
[B]Diagnosis or any known issues: [/B][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica]Two ectopics/tubes removed[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica][B]Treatments you tried before IVF:[/B] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica]Nothing
[B]How many IVF did you do before success: [/B]This was our first one
[B]Fertility Doctor/Clinic: [/B][/FONT][/FONT]Dr. Troche/Troche Fertility Center in Phoenix, AZ
[B]Protocol (meds taken): [/B]BCP, Follistim, Ganirelex, Novarel, PIO, Crinone
[B]How many follicles at ER: [/B][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica]20[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica][B]How many eggs retrieved: [/B] eggs18 retrieved, 17 mature
[B]How many eggs fertilized: [/B]15 with ICSI
[B]How many days between ER and ET[/B][B]: [/B]3
[B]How many embryos transferred:[/B] 2 grade A and grade B, 4 frozen
[B]Symptoms or issues during 2WW: [/B]Cramping/tugging on both sides of abdomen[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][B][FONT=Helvetica]What day you got your BFP:[/FONT][/B][FONT=Helvetica] Beta 12DP3DT 225[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][B]HPT before blood test: [/B]Yes + 6dp3dt-11dp3dt
[B]Number of babies: [/B][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica]1[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica][B]Anything you would have wanted to know before you started this process?: [/B][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Helvetica]The worrying never stops…ever!!! Stay positive and try to enjoy being PUPO and pregnant! [/FONT]

[B]Name: [/B]Vikki
[FONT=Helvetica][B]Age: [/B]29[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica][B]How Long TTC: since October 2008[/B]
[B]Diagnosis or any known issues: [/B]PCOS, left tube removed [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica][B]Treatments you tried before IVF:[/B] natural, metformin, clomid + metformin, IUI x4 then IVF[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica][B]How many IVF did you do before success: [/B]1 fresh cycle, 1 frozen cycle, success with 2nd fresh
[B]Miscarriages: [/B]2 chemical pregnancies
[B]Fertility Doctor/Clinic: [/B]Dr Craig at OU Physicians in Oklahoma City[/FONT][/FONT]
[B]Protocol (meds taken): [/B]BCP, Follistim, Menopur, Lupron, Progesterone
[B]How many follicles at ER: [/B]Not sure[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica][B]How many eggs retrieved: [/B] 20 total (19 mature)
[B]How many eggs fertilized: [/B]15 without ICSI
[B]How many days between ER and ET: [/B]5
[B]How many embryos transferred:[/B] 2
[B]Symptoms or issues during 2WW: [/B]Lots of gas, bloating, slight bleeding[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][B][FONT=Helvetica]What day you got your BFP:[/FONT][/B][FONT=Helvetica] 6dp5dt with cheap HPT…Beta at 12dp5dt = 454!! 2ns Beta = 2903!!![/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][B]HPT before blood test: [/B]Yes, started at 5dpt[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][FONT=Helvetica][B]Anything you would have wanted to know before you started this process?: [/B]Its a long hard process. It was much better kept privately between DH and I only. God will definitely help you through it if you seek his help. [/FONT][/FONT]

Name: Laura

How long TTC: 6 years without any contraceptive; 1 year with endocrinologist and RE

Diagnosis or any known issues: severe male factor with very low count, morphology, and motility

Treatments you tried before IVF: IUI; 1 failed IVF cycle (I ovulated before egg retrieval in the IVF cycle)

How many IVF did you do before success: 1

Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No

Protocol (meds taken): Lupron, Follistim, Menopur, Ganirellix; triggered with 2 injections of Ovidrel

How many eggs retrieved: 11

How many eggs fertilized: 9

How many days between ER and ET: 5

How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 (both “almost” perfect)

Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Nothing definitive

What day you got your BFP: 4DP5DT (very, very faint) and then every day afterward

HPT before blood test: every day for a week and a half

Number of first beta: 128 at 12dp5dt

Number of babies: 1

Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: Cry when you need to and lean on your significant other. Be ready for when he also needs to cry. You’ll both get through it together. The initial beta number isn’t that big of a deal–all that matters is that it rises appropriately! Having trouble getting pregnant doesn’t mean that you’ll have a rough pregnancy–mine was perfect. Also, when you remember everything you went through and are staring at that perfect little baby in the delivery room all of it will be worth it and the million dirty diapers or cries in the middle of the night don’t bother you at all.

Name: Jeni Age: 29 How long TTC: 3 years TTC on our own, 1 year with RE. Diagnosis or any known issues: Severe male factor with very low count, morphology, and motility. Slight hypothyroidism on my part. Treatments you tried before IVF: 3 IUIs. How many IVF did you do before success: Success on the first try! Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No Protocol (meds taken): Lupron, Gonal-F, Menopur; triggered with HCG. How many eggs retrieved: 17 retrieved, 13 mature How many eggs fertilized: 11 How many days between ER and ET: 5 How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 B/C expanded blast (rated “fair”) Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Major emotional trainwreck the day that implantation would have taken place. All symptoms may have been attributed to the progesterone tablets. What day you got your BFP: 7DP5DT (very, very faint) and then stronger the next day HPT before blood test: yes- twice Number of first beta: 61 at 9dp5dt Number of babies: 1 Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: IVF is such an emotionally taxing process, try to make an effort to do something positive for yourself or with your partner every day. Things will probably pop up that you didn’t expect. Do your best to roll with the punches. Cry when you need to. We all need to at some point. Find some way to convey how you’re feeling, whether it be through a support group, writing a blog, etc. It helps.

Name: Shantell
How long TTC: 7 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: male factor and irregular ovulation
Treatments you tried before IVF: 1 IUI
How many IVF did you do before success: 1 failed 1 successful
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken): Menopur, Gonal-F, Ganirellix; Progesteron in Oil
How many eggs retrieved: 35
How many eggs fertilized: 24
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 (both “almost” perfect)
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Very painful cramps and spotting during the time implantation would have occured. Like pink spotting for 10 weeks. What day you got your BFP: 8dp5dt
HPT before blood test: yes, 1 day prior
Number of first beta: 130 9dp5dt
Number of babies: 1
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: I wish I had ask more questions the first time I had IVF. I always felt rushed by the doctors and more like I was just a chart and not a patient. The second time around, we used the same clinic but a new team of doctors and just being able to talk with them and know what was happening step by step made me less nervous. Do your research and ask your questions. I had no idea why our first attempt ended in a chemical. I didn’t know that my E2 was the 2nd highstest they had ever seen. So many things weren’t explained and maybe it wouldn’t have made a difference but it would have been nice to not be clueless.

Name: [B]Dana[/B]
Age: [B]38 at egg retrieval, 39 at first ultrasound at 6 weeks.[/B]
How long TTC: [B]On and off for 5 years.[/B]
Diagnosis or any known issues: [B][FONT=Arial]Non specific infertility (A[/FONT]ppendectomy at age 13 may have created scar tissue around ovaries?) [FONT=Arial]/ overweight
AMH 4.6, Antral follicle count 17, Day 3 labs normal & tubes open[/FONT][/B]
[FONT=Arial]Husband:[/FONT][B][FONT=Arial] Age 45 A[/FONT]bnormal morphology, normal sperm between 2-10% [FONT=Arial]/ overweight[/FONT][/B]
Treatments you tried before IVF: [B]4 IUI[/B]
How many IVF did you do before success: [B]None 1st try[/B]
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: [B]No[/B]
Protocol (meds taken): [B]Antagonist protocol with Ganirelix - Birth control, 150 Follistim, 2 Menopur, Ganirelix, after Crinone & Estrace until week 10.[/B]
How many follicles at egg retrieval: [B]21[/B]
How many eegs retrieved: [B]10 only 8 mature[/B]
How many eggs fertilized: [B]6[/B]
How many days between ER and ET: [B]3 days[/B]
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: [B]3 - AA 8 cell embryos with Assisted Hatching.[/B]
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: [B]Sore breast & Cramps[/B]
What day you got your BFP: [B]8dp3dt Weak postive http://forums.fertilitycommunity.com/core/images/smilies/bfp.gif on wondfo.[/B]
HPT before blood test: [B]Yes, many[/B]
Number of first beta:
[B]11/27/13 - 10dp3dt Beta 42 / Progesterone 24[/B]
[B]12/02/13 - 15dp3dt Beta 310[/B]
[B]12/04/13 - 17dp3dt Beta 656[/B]
Number of babies:[B] 1 baby at 6 weeks 4 day ultrasound [/B]
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: [B]Be your own patient advocate. Do not read to much into symptoms or issues during 2WW. I felt stuff after every IUI that made me feel like a BFP was coming to be let down with a BFN. I [/B][B]was prepared to try IVF at least 3 times so shocked it worked 1st try. So if you do not get a BFP just try again at least before moving on. They say to try 3 IUI and then 3 IVF before moving on to donor eggs or sperm.[/B]

[B] Best Wishes and Baby Dust !!!![/B]

I am in my 40s and was told by my OB that I would schedule c-section for 38 weeks but only because I have twins and I have always hAd to have c-sections due to the fact I am tiny and would not be able to deliver naturally.I can not believe your OB told you that due to age that seems crazy.

Name: Maria Age: 37, will be 38 at delivery How long TTC: Since July 2012 Diagnosis or any known issues: MFI, Me - AMA, normal labs and AFC average Treatments you tried before: straight to IVF How many IVF did you do before success: 6 Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No Protocol (meds taken): Mild stimulation protocol or Mini IVF; Follistim 150, Menopure 2 vials, Cetrotide How many follicles at egg retrieval: 11 How many eegs retrieved: 7 How many eggs fertilized: 4 How many days between ER and ET: 3 days How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1- 7 cell and 1- 8 cell rated “perfect” Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Bloating, frequent urination, twinges off and on in lower abdomen What day you got your BFP: 6dp3dt HPT before blood test: Yes, countless Number of first beta: 189 Number of babies: 1 baby Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: That we should have changed RE’s earlier. It wouldn’t have taken us 6 cycles to get our BFP if we had switched sooner…FOLLOW YOUR GUT if you feel your RE isn’t doing something right!!! Either way we got our 2nd little princess :slight_smile:

Name: Rebecca Age: 27 How long TTC:4 years Diagnosis or any known issues: irregular periods- probably annovulatory. hypothyroid and repeat pregnancy loss Husband: 32 year old whos sperm were low and slow Treatments you tried before IVF: clomid natural, Clomid IUI, Injectable IUI How many IVF did you do before success: 2. Plus 3 FET’s Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No Protocol (meds taken): cetrotide & Gonal F & HCG. I also took syntroid, Lovonox, ASA, dexamethasone, metformin, PIO, endometrium, HCG injections every 3 days, intralipids twice and acupuncture. Suppliments of D3, DHA, PNV & B6 How many follicles at egg retrieval: 15 How many eegs retrieved: 14 How many eggs fertilized: 13 How many days between ER and ET: 5 days How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 “perfect” Froze 6 embryos. Symptoms or issues during 2WW: normal anxiety. Otherwise nothing to note. What day you got your BFP: 6dp 5dt HPT before blood test: Yes, 3 total. :slight_smile: Number of first beta: 11/27/13 - 9dp5dt Beta 164 / Progesterone >40 12/02/13 - 11dp5dt Beta 388 P4 >40 12/04/13 - 18dp5dt Beta 3880 Number of babies: 1 baby Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: Don’t give up and don’t give in. If you think what the doctor normal does isn’t right for you say something. My Doctors office normally does long lupron. I had 3 miscarriges out of 4 transfers from that IVF. I got pregnant and did’t misscarry with my gonal/cetrotide cycle. I also did the everything plus the kitchen sink approach. Nothing wrong with doing your own research and seeing what the doctor thinks. He agreed with everything I suggested and it worked! My 4 month old is sleeping in her swing right now. Oh and know that just because it took so long and was so hard to get pregnant, it doesn’t mean that you can’t complain like every other pregnant person and new mom. Some days are hard. Complaining doesn’t mean your not grateful, just that your human.

Age: 34 How long TTC: 4 years Diagnosis or any known issues: MTHFR homozygous; RE says may or may not be contributing factor as 5-10% of the population is homozygous Otherwise husband & I both healthy Treatments you tried before IVF: IUI x2 = BFN How many IVF did you do before success: -IVF #1 (fresh transfer 3 embryos = chemical pregnancy; frozen transfer 1 embryo = BFN; frozen transfer 1 embryo = BFN) -IVF #2 (fresh transfer 2 embryos = BFN; frozen transfer 2 embryos = BFN) -IVF #3 (frozen transfer 2 embryos = BFN; frozen transfer 3 embryos = BFN) Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No Protocol (meds taken): Lupron, Menopur, Bravelle; triggered with Pregnyl (this was for my current successful cycle -our 4th cycle); other meds for previous cycles included Puregon, Gonal-F, Cetrotide, triggered w/ bHCG How many eggs retrieved: 11 How many eggs fertilized: 5 How many days between ER and ET: 3 How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 3 (2 excellent quality, 1 poor quality) Symptoms or issues during 2WW: this was after my 4th retrieval and I was much more uncomfortable this time w/ deep pelvic pressure and significant fatigue What day you got your BFP: didn’t check until 12dp3dt & it was amazing to see a nice dark BFP!!! HPT before blood test: did one next day & it was even darker! Number of first beta: 446 at 14dp3dt Number of babies: 2 (currently 9 weeks pregnant with twins, great growth & strong heartbeats) Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: This journey is so long & hard, and many times I almost gave up. Reading others’ stories kept my hope alive and that is the reason why I wanted to post this… we went through a total of 14 embryos transferred 7 different times before we finally got pregnant. It all truly is worth it once you finally get to see those beating hearts on an ultrasound. We switched clinics after the first three cycles as they weren’t trying anything new & this was the best thing we could have done. Our new doctor had a fresh outlook and tested me for blood clotting issues given the 2 chemical pregnancies; this is when the MTHFR showed up. For this IVF cycle that worked, I was on prednisone 5mg, ASA 81mg, fragmin 2500u sc, estrace/progesterone oil injections. I also took DHEA/BioPQQ/CoenzymeQ10 for several mo prior to egg retrieval. Additionally I have been given intralipid iv infusions every 2wks since 1 week prior to transfer. Hang in there & keep hoping and trying different things!! Stay positive - I also did positive meditations during this successful cycle and who knows maybe this made a difference too.

This is a test.

[QUOTE=“dndtaylor, post: 20122, member: 34741”]Hi Ladies. This post was brought to my attention as being a great thread for a “sticky” and I agree. Ther are some great questions that others going through IVF can use as support. Thanks for the thread idea Irena! Please answer as much as you can. Your expierences often give others guidance and encouragement.

So who has success with IVF? Tell us about it! (You only need to fill out as much of the questions as you want to. Also, FET successes are welcome as well!)

Name:
Diagnosis or any known issues:
Treatments you tried before IVF:
How many IVF did you do before success:
Are you using donor eggs or sperm:
Protocol (meds taken):
How many follicles at ER:
How many eggs retrieved:
How many eggs fertilized:
How many days between ER and ET:
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:
Symptoms or issues during 2WW:
What day you got your BFP:
HPT before blood test:
Number of first beta:
Number of babies:
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process![/QUOTE]

Name:
How long TTC: 5 yrs
Diagnosis or any known issues: PCOS
Treatments you tried before IVF: 7 IUIs
How many IVF did you do before success: 1 fresh cycled resulted in m/c
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no
Protocol (meds taken): long protocol (Lupron, Menopur), baby sppirin, folic acid, dexamethason, metformin, estrace, intralipid injections,
How many follicles at ER: 30+ , don’t remember
How many eggs retrieved: 12
How many eggs fertilized: 9
How many days between ER and ET: 6 (frozen cycle)
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: lightheaded, tired, nausea, etc.
What day you got your BFP: 7dp5
HPT before blood test: positive
Number of first beta: 1400
Number of babies: 2
Keep trying!! I had 4 consecutive m/c,and my FET worked. I have happy twins at home now.

Name:
How long TTC: 1 year
Diagnosis or any known issues: no ovaries - Ovarian Cancer when 12 years old
Treatments you tried before IVF: no
How many IVF did you do before success: We got pregnant on lucky #3!
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: donor eggs
Protocol (meds taken): estrace, vivele dot, PIO, viagra
How many follicles at ER: 24
How many eggs retrieved: 20
How many eggs fertilized: 18
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2AA embryos transferred
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: No symptoms at all. My urine did have a “unique” scent.
What day you got your BFP: 8dp5t
HPT before blood test: yes - 8dp5t
Number of first beta: 248
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! No - just just into the process. Nobody can prepare you for the rollercoaster ride.

How long TTC: 7 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: MFI - azoospermia
Treatments you tried before IVF: none
How many IVF did you do before success: 3 failed fresh cycle, on 4th cycle did a freeze all and FET was successful (4th cycle was at CCRM)
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no
Protocol (meds taken): Gonal F, Menopur, Ganirelix, Vivelle, PIO
How many follicles at ER: 27
How many eggs retrieved: 17
How many eggs fertilized: 10
How many days between ER and ET: 2 months (FET)
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 4AA Blasts
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: none
What day you got your BFP: 6dpt (11dpo)
HPT before blood test: yes
Number of first beta: 800+ (14 dpo)
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process!

Hi all,
I am an old forum member back when it was “fertility community” but I wanted to share our success as well as talk about our experience using donor egg to support and inspire other ladies out there considering egg donation to conceive.
Infertility Diagnosis and age of onset: Premature Ovarian Failure, diagnosed at age 26 with an FSH in the 90’s!!!
Married in 2009 and looked into our options in 2011, DE was high on the list
August 2011 in the middle of our DE cycle, M.D. found 18 mm follicle naturally forming in my ovary! Soft try at IUI with no success.
Proceeded with DE-Egg donor was 22 year olds, previous donor x 1 with a successful previous cycle (pregnancy confirmed)
Donor Egg Retrieval= 24 eggs, 19 fertilized, end result was 5 five day blast.
Transferred 2 blast-can’t remember the grade of the embryos we transferred, 3 blast frozen
12 days post transfer positive pregnancy with a Beta reading well over 1000!! No need for second beta
4 weeks post transfer, ultrasound with 2 gestational sacs, twins!
7 weeks post transfer, both babies with fetal heart beats
9 weeks post transfer, 1 baby now remained as the other baby stopped developing, no sign of heart beat. (A very sad day)
May 2012: We welcomed our son via a c-section due to gestational diabetes and his large 9.9lbs 22 inch long stature!!!
Today: Our son is a very active, very tall 2.8 year old. I have since taken a position working for a company that helps advocate and find egg donors for Intended Parents which has been very eye opening. I am very grateful that our egg donation cycle worked on the first try as I have learned that many couples experience snags along the way and being such an unregulated industry, there are many pitfalls in the process.
We have not yet made the move to have our second child but we have 3 frozen embryos waiting for us from our donation cycle. I am also aware that my donor continues to be available to cycle, so worst case scenario we could use the same donor again, if needed (which again is rare).
We have absolutely no regrets in using an egg donor to conceive. I talk with women every day who worry about everything from will they bond with their baby to how to talk to their child about being conceived via egg donation. It is great to see so many of the women from this forum back in 2011 still involved in the community. Our support of each other helps us survive and conquer infertility!
Many Little Blessings to all who are in the process of TTC!!
LakeGirl

Welcome Lakegirl! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I’m so glad you have your little boy :slight_smile:

hello, I’m here to tell a little about my story to help someone not make the same mistake im 27years old with two wonderful children a 9yr old and a 11yrold I had my kids early in life my son at 16 my daughter 3 days after I turned 18 I was very young with two kids and single mother I had left there father due to abuse they day after i had my daughter my grandmother decided I should get a tubal ligation I was young I already had two kids and been so young a big responsibility on my own at the time I felt as it was the right decision my grandmother was making I wasn’t considered a adult so she arranged it all. 5yrs ago I met the best man in the world. Loving, caring, provider and he loves my kids and they love him. Last year we decided to look into tubal reversal and found the reproductive medicine group DR. Tarantino we schedule a consultation I never knew what procedure was done at my ligation I explained this to DR. Tarantino he advised us he had to go in to check if I had any tubes left for a reversal but wanted to do everything at the same time stating we would pay the whole amount for the reversal towards $700 for the porcedure to check and then go from there me and my husband trusted he knew what he was doing If he was doing this way was for a reason yesterday 2-25-2015 was my surgery date me and my husband worked very hard sacrifice material stuff having any fun to save the $5755 to get it done. We drive at the surgery center at 6:45 am by 7:45 am I was taken to the back 2 hrs later I was being awoken by the nurse I quickly asked her still have a sleep do I have any tubes left she said no I thiught I was dreaming so I pushed myself to wake up and ask her again and got the same response I quickly asked for my husband as he walks in all I can see is the pain in my husbands eyes. By then I knew it was real my work shattered my heart was crying I felt as my dream of having another blessing was done then the nurse told me my only option was ivf so know I was hurt emotionally and financially as they basically told me they will only refund $2500 from the $5755 for a procedure only cost $700 money I saved with the sacrifice and faith I will have my tubes reversed as soon as I left I was in so much pain still am physically and emotionally I asked my husband to call around as I didn’t want to give up hope and hope to find some light we found a ivf clinic but the cost so much higher then a tubal reversal money we don’t financially have so a nurse told me to open a go fund me account and I did hoping for some light in this pain please with one dollar you are blessing my family with faith and closer to having my dream come true to have another angel. Please also share my link with others thank you and God bless
http://Www.Gofundme.com/n7xy40