LIST your: Pregnant NATURALLY after IVF! (Successes only please, not chat)

Hi Ladies,

I have seen so many success stories after failed IUI and IVF. If you are one of those, please post… Maybe give the rest of us some hope.

[B]Name:
How long TTC:
Infertility diagnosis:
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC:
How many IVF’s:
How many IUI’s?:
Any natural or herbal remedies used:

Why do YOU think that you were successful this time?

Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! [/B]http://forums.fertilitycommunity.com/images/adoption/buttons/quote.gif

[B]Name: Sophealy[/B]
[B]Age: 38[/B]
[B]FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: 15.6 = FSH; <0.16= AMH (Undetectable) [/B]
[B]How long TTC:3 years[/B]
[B]Infertility diagnosis: DOR[/B]
[B]Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: Gave up on me after IVF #4[/B]
[B]How many IVF’s: 4[/B]
[B]How many IUI’s?: 1[/B]
[B]Any natural or herbal remedies used: When trying with IVF: Acupuncture with Chinese Herbs, Prenatals, DHEA (stopped after 1 month), After RE gave up on us: CoQ10, Prenatals, and placed husband on Fertility Blend[/B]

[B]Why do YOU think that you were successful this time? I gave up and was not stressing myself out over not getting pregnant every month. Also I think the fertility blend helped. [/B]

[B]Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! Try not to get stressed out. I know, easier said than done. [/B]

[quote=sophealy][B]Name: Sophealy[/B]
[B]Age: 37[/B]
[B]FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: 15.9 = FSH; <0.16= AMH (Undetectable) [/B]
[B]How long TTC:3 years[/B]
[B]Infertility diagnosis: DOR[/B]
[B]Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: Gave up in me after IVF #4[/B]
[B]How many IVF’s: 4[/B]
[B]How many IUI’s?: 1[/B]
[B]Any natural or herbal remedies used: When trying with IVF: Acupuncture with Chinese Herbs, Prenatals, DHEA (stopped after 1 month), After RE gave up on us: CoQ10, Prenatals, and placed husband on Fertility Blend[/B]

[B]Why do YOU think that you were successful this time? I gave up and was not stressing myself out over not getting pregnant every month. Also I think the fertility blend helped.[/B]

[B]Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! Try not to get stressed out. I know, easier said than done. [/B]

Here is my successful experience

Hi, sunrisec:

I had done 4 cycles of IVF with ICSI from age 39. I am able to conceived at my 2nd frozen embryo transfer in the 4th cycle of DONOR IVF when I am at my late 42.

My general experience is that if you are desperate to have a baby, and you are young and don’t have complicated diagnosis, you should keep trying until either you have enough of it or exhaust your financial reserve.

Another important point is that at the end of each cycle, you should sit down and talk to your doctor in details to find out why the cycle worked or did not work, and find out what is your option for the next cycle. Always feel free to change clinic if you don’t feel confidence or comfortable about your current clinic.

I am writing a blog about my pregnancy, as well as my IVF journey and other people’s IVF experience. Feel free to check it out and post questions if you have any.

My blog is Pregnancy Road for Asian-American

and here is an inspiring real story I included in one of my latest postings:

A Great Story of Persistence in Fertility Treatment | Pregnancy Road for Asian-American

Good luck!

Name: Melanee
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: AMH 3.4
How long TTC: 7 years
Infertility diagnosis: Lost right tube from ectopic and male factor.
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: No
How many IVF’s: one successful and was starting 2nd when I fould out I was pregnant on our own.
How many IUI’s?: 3 failed before IVF #1
Any natural or herbal remedies used: I was just on Coq10

Why do YOU think that you were successful this time? I have not the slightest clue!!

Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! It can happen…never give up hope!!

[B]Name: [/B]cmw
[B]Age: [/B]32
[B]FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: [/B]FSH 7, AMH 1.2, E2 varied but usually <20 on CD3
[B]How long TTC: [/B]2 years prior to success w/ IVF #3
[B]Infertility diagnosis: [/B]severe male factor, clotting issues, possible DOR (my issues were theories, they really had me in unexplained)
[B]Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: [/B]no, I was in my late 20s when we were going through treatments. DH was in his early 40s but no one ever said a word about that being an issue.
[B]How many IVF’s: [/B]3
[B]How many IUI’s?: [/B]4
[B]Any natural or herbal remedies used: [/B]acupuncture during 2nd & 3rd IVF, various supplements during 2nd & 3rd IVF. I was not taking anything or doing anything when I got pregnant naturally.

[B]Why do YOU think that you were successful this time? [/B]I have no idea, we were not trying! We weren’t using birth control because I figured it was a waste of money after all of our struggles getting pregnant. It was a shock to say the least! I desperately wanted a baby and now I have 3 under 2.

[B]Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process![/B] Nothing is impossible and you never know what might happen!

Name:Shana
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: FSH 16, AMH 0.2
Infertility diagnosis: Endo, POF
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC:No
How many IVF’s:4
How many IUI’s?:3
Any natural or herbal remedies used:
I wasn’t taking anything when I got pregnant. But for several months before our BFN IVF I was taking Melatonin, CoQ10, Myo-Inositol, DHEA, L-Arginine. They may have given some fertility boost leading up to this!

Why do YOU think that you were successful this time? I’m thinking it was just the perfect storm! A failed IVF probably left things a little hyper fertile & we just got lucky! RE had told us a 1% chance to conceive naturally. Hoping this is really a take home baby! I’ve never been pregnant naturally so if anything, this tells me it’s possible! I just really wanted to post on this thread :slight_smile:

I realized I should have clarified on supplements used. I wasn’t taking anything when I got pregnant. But for several months before our BFN IVF I was taking Melatonin, CoQ10, Myo-Inositol, DHEA, L-Arginine. They may have given some fertility boost leading up to this!

[B]Name: Sarah
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: FSH 12
How long TTC: 3 yrs for baby #1 (conceived through IVF), 10 months for baby #2
Infertility diagnosis: DOR, antiphospholipid syndrome, short luteal phase
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: Kinda. He just said we don’t have a lot of time left.
How many IVF’s: 1 (resulted in our son)
How many IUI’s?: 4 (chemical or ectopic pregnancies from 3 of them)
Any natural or herbal remedies used: B6, Melatonin

Why do YOU think that you were successful this time? I think the B6 and melatonin helped with my egg quality and extended my luteal phase just long enough. Also after our last failed IUI which we had decided was our last procedure, I pretty much let go and didn’t stress about TTC as much. Maybe that helped?

Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! Whatever you have to do to hold that baby in your arms is SO worth it and really helps erase all the pain and heartache you go through to get there…
[/B]

Name: Katie
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: fsh 12.2, amh 0.86, e2 28 theses numbers are from 2years ago.
How long TTC: 3 years
Infertility diagnosis: DOR, right tube dilated
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: obviously
How many IVF’s: 2
How many IUI’s?: 0
Any natural or herbal remedies used: one tbsp flax seed oil a day in a kefir smoothie

Why do YOU think that you were successful this time? Diet (low carb-17 day diet) exercise (walk to run program, 3 miles jogging every other day) and flax seed oil. I Read inconceivable. --side note. Bought our dream house in the fall. At closing previous owner and I found out we both struggled with fertility issues. She adopted her first and the month after they moved into this home she got preggo at 38 years old for the first time ever. I move in and 2.5 months later I am Pregnant too. WEIRD

I did BD once in January. In the am. Got up immediately and took a shower. Went skiing following weekend for 3 days. Drank like a fish that weekend. All the things I would have never done if I thought for a second there was a chance I would be pregnant. I was relaxed from heavy exercise, good friends and heavy drinking.

I am still in shock at 25 weeks. Thank for reading :woohoo: :preg: :cheer: :clap: :thankyou:

It CAN happen!

Hey girls, adding my complete surprise success after a miserable IVF cycle.

[B]Name: [/B]Anne[B]
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: [/B]Can’t remember AMH, but FSH was 10.2[B]. [/B][B]
How long TTC: [/B]2+ years[B]
Infertility diagnosis: [/B]POF[B]
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: [/B]Said I was more like a 45 y/o than a 35 y/o. [B]
How many IVF’s: [/B]2 (Antagonist and EPP), both miserable failures, both cancelled due to NO response on MAX meds[B].[/B] 2 follicles after 9 days, 1 follicle after 8 days. Second cycle - estrogen dropped on 8th day.[B]
How many IUI’s?: [/B]Didn’t even bother![B]
Any natural or herbal remedies used: [/B]Just about anything and everything - acupuncture, wheat grass (YUK!), vitamin C, l-arginine, melatonin, inositol, CoQ10, royal jelly, DHA, prenatal, B-complex, vitex. I think that’s it!Took them all up until I started stims and then stopped except prenatal and DHA[B].

Why do YOU think that you were successful this time? [/B]
I think it was a combination of a couple of things.
One - after the last cycle and therapy, we had finally and truly come to peace with the idea of our family being complete.
Two - after the last cycle bombed, I needed to do something to help out my totally deflated self-esteem. I went on a low-carb diet and lost 14 pounds. We were careless with birth control because we figured there wasn’t a need, and BAM, less than 2 months after our last IVF cycle we’re pregnant! :preg:8.5 weeks today! Had an ultrasound last week at my RE’s office - he says everything looks great. My nurse says they are amazed - they said the chances of our getting pregnant were “infinitesimal.”

Do NOT give up hope - it can and does happen! I’m still in shock though - I think I took HPTs every day for two straight weeks! :grouphug:

It can happen

[COLOR=“RoyalBlue”]Name: Sam
[COLOR=“RoyalBlue”]Age: 38
[COLOR=“RoyalBlue”]FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: High FSH, dont remember the rest
[COLOR=“RoyalBlue”]How long TTC: 6 years for the first one, was not trying for second so totally a surprise
[COLOR=“RoyalBlue”]Infertility diagnosis: Unexplained intially
[COLOR=“RoyalBlue”]Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: Not too much, my husband had low sperm count/morphology, so initially thought that was the issue
[COLOR=“RoyalBlue”]How many IVF’s: 2 - one :bfn: and one :bfp: with a baby boy born on August 2011
[COLOR=“RoyalBlue”]How many IUI’s?: about 5 - all :bfn:
[COLOR=“RoyalBlue”]Any natural or herbal remedies used: nothing
[COLOR=“RoyalBlue”]Why do YOU think that you were successful this time?
No Idea. We were actually not trying. Just did not bother with BC as we thought we did not need them and we were BDing on a once a month schedule. Still kind of shocked that we are actually pregnant.

[quote=sk2010]Name: Sam
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: High FSH, dont remember the rest
How long TTC: 6 years for the first one, was not trying for second so totally a surprise
Infertility diagnosis: Unexplained intially
Did your Dr. mention issues with age and TTC: Not too much, my husband had low sperm count/morphology, so initially thought that was the issue
How many IVF’s: 2 - one :bfn: and one :bfp: with a baby boy born on August 2011
How many IUI’s?: about 5 - all :bfn:
Any natural or herbal remedies used: nothing
Why do YOU think that you were successful this time?
No Idea. We were actually not trying. Just did not bother with BC as we thought we did not need them and we were BDing on a once a month schedule. Still kind of shocked that we are actually pregnant.[/quote]

Congrats! You give me hope.

I’m sorry, I know this says no chat but it is hard to find anyone with DOR and high NK cells with natural pregnancy. Sophealy and Sam, did you have to do intralipids once you got pregnant to prevent killer cells from destroying the pregnancy? You two really give me hope. Congrats to all of you on your success!

Fsh/amh: normal plus RPL labs all normal
Diagnosis: was unexplained now, pcos and/or insulin resistance
Iui: 4 all chemical pregnancies
One baby from a donor embryo and one baby from IVF (which I responded slowly and poorly for my age on max stims.)

What worked? Well after my IVF baby was born I was really noticing my periods getting later and heavier. I looked into pcos/insulin resistance online and realized over the years I was slowly showing signs. I asked my OB about it and she ran a fsh/lh ratio and was suprised my RE hadn’t. Well the ratio was horrible and she put me on metformin with a diagnosis of pcos. She warned me this may have been the cause of IF all along and I may get pregnant. I laughed and thought yeah right a ten dollar a month script, no way. I just wanted lighter periods. Well two month later I am pregnant. Shock of my life. Now I will have to get a tubal. I think it goes to show you are more likely to have an abnormal presentation of a common problem than an uncommon problem. Here I was looking into immunological causes and getting crazy labs drawn when I missed a basic one because I didn’t fit the mold of pcos at the time.

Name: PrayingforBabies
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results:None. Had 3 ectopics and 2 miscarriages leaving me with only 1 messed up tube. Onto IVF.
How long TTC: Baby#1 we tried for 4 years, Babies #2 and #3 (twins!) we tried for 6 months
Infertility diagnosis: Messed up tubes, MTHFR homo
How many IVF’s:5 fresh, 2 frozen
How many IUI’s?: none, skipped straight to IVF due to bad tubes
Any natural or herbal remedies used: Everything. Acupuncture, vitamins, blood thinner shots (lovenox), husband took fish oil like crazy and I stopped exercising.

Why do YOU think that you were successful this time? Honestly, exercise, eating less meat, and God. I had completely stopped exercising during IVF treatments and got out of the habit. After my twins were born, I hit the gym every day and SURPRISE! I’m pregnant naturally. I am still in MAJOR shock. NEVER in my 7 years of TTC did I EVER have a non-ectopic pregnancy naturally. I think the blood flowing might be a contributor. To show how out of the blue this was, I signed up for a 10k thinking I was getting lazy on the treadmill when in fact I was pregnant. CRAZINESS. The only diet change was that I decreased my meat intake significantly. I felt a nudge to limit my meat intake about 1 year ago. So, I did. Not sure if that has anything to do with it, but I eat meat half as much as I used to. And, first and foremost, this is God’s miracle to me. COMPLETELY and UTTERLY shocked and blessed. God is Good. (note: I even ovulated from the side where I don’t have a tube. My OB said my other tube floated on over to catch the egg. NEVER before.)

Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process!
It’s easy to look back. But, in the midst of things, I felt so incredibly desperate and alone and miserable. I don’t think ANYONE can understand the heart of a yearning woman for a child. Looking back, I wish I had given myself more “pampering” in the form of time with friends, mani/pedis, and just time to get away in my mind. Infertility encompasses your entire world. In the end, after IVF #3 failure, I knew I did EVERYTHING I could to have a baby. I just wanted to try “one more time”.

At the end of the day, the rest was up to God. And you have to come to the point, regardless of the outcome, that that is good enough. You giving it your whole heart and soul.

SO SHOCKED this came naturally. I can’t even tell you. So grateful!!!:cheer: :cheer:

After several years of trying with no success, I finally tried IVF. Probably needless to say, but it didn’t work. I fell into a bit of despair as you most likely can relate to. It felt so devastating to know we spent so much time, money and energy to get no where. We really thought IVF was going to do it for us. Anyways, to make a long story short - I started looking through google to help in how to get pregnant. I read all that I could when I had time. Everything felt so overwhelming. Finally, It was suggested to me to hire a fertility coach. I didn’t even know they existed. So we did. She helped us get pregnant naturally even though the doctors told me it wasn’t likely at my age. Having someone there, readily available who was an expert made all the difference to us. We know longer felt alone, felt like we weren’t doing anything to advance our efforts, we also started to relax. Lin Weinberg at www.yourfertilityguide.com analyzed my DNA and gave me personalized protocol to follow. After 4months we were pregnant on our own without any help from the doctors. Apparently my egg quality was poor. Thankfully I was able to improve my egg quality with Lin’s help. I know you ladies see these types of message here all the time and I never thought I would be a person to leave one but sometimes we need extra help and support outside of ourselves. I wish you all success. Baby dust to all.

test reply

We had four unsuccessful IUIs and two IVF attempts which didn’t make it to the embryo transfer stage due do low egg numbers/poor embryo quality. My doc put me on DHEA (to try to improve my egg quality) for three months before the next IVF attempt and I got pregnant naturally during the third cycle, right before we would have gone back to IVF. We did “time” it, but that’s almost second nature by now. Unfortunately it ended in a MC at 8 weeks, and we’re back to IVF now, but it can definitely happen!

www.chennaifertilitycenter.com/bangladesh

[QUOTE=“Melanee2255, post: 1684725, member: 37780”]Name: Melanee
FSH, AMH, and/or E2 test results: AMH 3.4
Infertility diagnosis: Lost right tube from ectopic and male factor.
How many IVF’s: one successful and was starting 2nd when I fould out I was pregnant on our own.
How many IUI’s?: 3 failed before IVF #1
Any natural or herbal remedies used: I was just on Coq10

Why do YOU think that you were successful this time? I have not the slightest clue!!

Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process! It can happen…never give up hope!![/QUOTE]