Longer cycle length during a "rest" cycle?

Any of you who have had to “take a break” and rest a cycle for maybe a cyst or something of that nature…did your cycle last longer than on a medicated cycle? I had three cysts so I had to sit out this cycle. My last two medicated cycles, I’ve started my period on cycle day 22 or 23 and that’s even with taking progesterone. Today is day 25 and no Aunt Flo. My Dr. said that sometimes a rest cycle is very fertile. I’m trying NOT to get my hopes up and trying to tell myself that she’ll show up in the next few days. I don’t want to see another negative HPT. But I just thought I’d get some advice from you guys and your experiences. I posted this over on the IUI board too, so sorry if you have to read it twice.

[QUOTE=norcent1]Any of you who have had to “take a break” and rest a cycle for maybe a cyst or something of that nature…did your cycle last longer than on a medicated cycle? I had three cysts so I had to sit out this cycle. My last two medicated cycles, I’ve started my period on cycle day 22 or 23 and that’s even with taking progesterone. Today is day 25 and no Aunt Flo. My Dr. said that sometimes a rest cycle is very fertile. I’m trying NOT to get my hopes up and trying to tell myself that she’ll show up in the next few days. I don’t want to see another negative HPT. But I just thought I’d get some advice from you guys and your experiences. I posted this over on the IUI board too, so sorry if you have to read it twice.[/QUOTE]

I’ve had to sit out cycles due to cysts but took a pack or more of birth control pills each time, per RE’s direction. BCPs help clear up cysts. AF would then show up 3 days after stopping pills. I never let a cycle occur naturally between failed attempts. I think it was because I have PCOS and never knew when AF would show up again and I was eager to get started on the next cycle. It also helped with scheduling apts.