Looking for information and advice on IUI

I went to my RE appointment yesterday and we decided to try a round of IUI since I was unable to do IVF this month due to some unexpected costs. We sat down and decided that the course of action will be to take Provera for 7 days to bring on AF then on CD 1 call the office so that we can schedule HSG and from there we will hopefully do a IUI cycle before the end of this year under our insurance since we have meet the deductible and they will cover 90% of the procedure. I will be taking Letrozole and then 2 Ovidrel leading up to the procedure.

Any useful tips or information that could be shared would be greatly appreciated.

[quote=HisLovely1]I went to my RE appointment yesterday and we decided to try a round of IUI since I was unable to do IVF this month due to some unexpected costs. We sat down and decided that the course of action will be to take Provera for 7 days to bring on AF then on CD 1 call the office so that we can schedule HSG and from there we will hopefully do a IUI cycle before the end of this year under our insurance since we have meet the deductible and they will cover 90% of the procedure. I will be taking Letrozole and then 2 Ovidrel leading up to the procedure.

Any useful tips or information that could be shared would be greatly appreciated.[/quote]

Have you done an IUI before?

it seems like you have a good plan in place, so that’s exciting!

Basically the only tip I would give is try to relax, which unfortunately, I find to be impossible!

The procedure itself doesn’t hurt that badly. They usually need to stabilize my cervix (at least they’ve had to for 5 of my 6 IUIs) because it tends to tilt to one side. That is supposed to be the most painful part, but even that isnt too bad. Just a minute or so of uncomfortableness and cramping.

I wish you the best of luck and :welcome:

This will be my first procedure and I am super nervous and excited at the same time. I have had some major setback lately and I am hoping that this will have a positive outcome to off set all of the negative ones.

DH and I was asked last month to adopt a family members baby and then after going through the process of getting things together for the baby she hinted around that she was going to send the baby to live with the father since she does not feel she can care for the baby. This hurt really badly after getting our hopes up only to be let down again. Before that we had planned to do IVF but due to some unexpected cost this was cancelled and now this is our new game plan.

Thanks for the information and the warm welcome.

:pray:

[quote=HisLovely1]This will be my first procedure and I am super nervous and excited at the same time. I have had some major setback lately and I am hoping that this will have a positive outcome to off set all of the negative ones.

DH and I was asked last month to adopt a family members baby and then after going through the process of getting things together for the baby she hinted around that she was going to send the baby to live with the father since she does not feel she can care for the baby. This hurt really badly after getting our hopes up only to be let down again. Before that we had planned to do IVF but due to some unexpected cost this was cancelled and now this is our new game plan.

Thanks for the information and the warm welcome.

:pray:[/quote]

:grouphug: I’m sorry to hear that things haven’t been going your way.

I’m sure you’ll see on the boards that a lot of people have had success with IUI.

I’ll pray that you do too!

HisLovely - It does sound like you have a good plan in place. I’m sorry to hear about your recent disappointment with the potential adoption. It’s so hard when going through IF to get our hopes up and have them dashed. Set your hopes on this IUI now and I’ll be praying that one try is all it takes for you!! As booboo said, the procedure itself is a cinch.

Thanks for the words of encouragement and prayers I can use all of the positive feedback and encouragement I can get.

:pray: